Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbellas review

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    So what I"m getting from this, going through comments, is that people who already didn't like the pack based on what they say, they still don't like it, and people who liked the pack based on what they saw still like it.

So the views are the same. LOL

Looks like it! Nothing has changed whatsoever. :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Just one question to all of you simmers who were so pumped for this Star Wars pack: why?

I am pumped because I really enjoyed the quest based play in Strangerville and Jungle Adventure and thought this would be similar to that. I enjoy checklists and goals and most of my gameplay would be considered RPG versus sandbox. I've been playing the same family for the last 4 years and although there is some family play involved the majority of my gameplay revolves around the matriarch of the family. She's completing all the careers, aspirations, skills, collections, university degrees, etc. So in that sense I'm still looking forward to JTB. I'm not even bothered by all the rabbit hole gameplay because my objective is to just complete the missions.

What I do find disappointing, but not a game changer is that I won't be able to treat it as a vacation destination once I've completed all three missions.

What I find most disappointing is that builders won't have free rein. I'm not a builder but I do download all of my lots from the Gallery.
  • Options
    WickedSimWickedSim Posts: 5 New Member
    Welp, I wasn't excited for this one, but it might be useful for the build items, at least. It will work for some of my industrial builds. But I think that's about it, at least for me.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    She confirmed what I was expecting, a beautiful world that doesn't fit into the Sims with a bunch of crap game play. I also agree what the Gurus think we want is so far off from what we really want.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I agree I watched this review and felt like she kept spewing the capitalism thing too often, like um ya thats how our society works. I don't know why capitalism has become such a dirty word in 2000's. Yes there are bad extremes of it, but packs like this are made because their is an audience for it such as Star Wars fans.

I found watching her review very annoying by the end because as a life long casual star wars fan (ie I love the movies but thats about it) she basically glossed over anything related to Star Wars in it. I get why, she's never seen star wars - so what should I expect? BUT I wonder if her review would have been slightly different if she had?

On the flip side I do agree some of the textures are really bad specifically the Kylo Ren mask...like that shocked me. Still I felt like her review left me more annoyed with her review than with the stuff pack itself. Obviously the pack is made FOR Star Wars fans, not every single simmer out there.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I agree I watched this review and felt like she kept spewing the capitalism thing too often, like um ya thats how our society works. I don't know why capitalism has become such a dirty word in 2000's. Yes there are bad extremes of it, but packs like this are made because their is an audience for it such as Star Wars fans.

That's my issue, there are so many other reasons to not like this game that capitalism shouldn't be one of them. I do think capitalism in the US especially has become very toxic, but it isn't the reason I think the pack sucks :D
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Just one question to all of you simmers who were so pumped for this Star Wars pack: why?

I am pumped because I really enjoyed the quest based play in Strangerville and Jungle Adventure and thought this would be similar to that. I enjoy checklists and goals and most of my gameplay would be considered RPG versus sandbox. I've been playing the same family for the last 4 years and although there is some family play involved the majority of my gameplay revolves around the matriarch of the family. She's completing all the careers, aspirations, skills, collections, university degrees, etc. So in that sense I'm still looking forward to JTB. I'm not even bothered by all the rabbit hole gameplay because my objective is to just complete the missions.

What I do find disappointing, but not a game changer is that I won't be able to treat it as a vacation destination once I've completed all three missions.

What I find most disappointing is that builders won't have free rein. I'm not a builder but I do download all of my lots from the Gallery.

Ooh, i feel like this can apply to a big part of my gameplay! Nice to see someone who shares a similar playstyle <3 although i didnt think that someone would be you XD I thought you would be into a different type of playstyle for some reason. Seeing as you got me into ac too, i think we enjoy the same games as well. Now i know who i should ask when i feel like i need even more things to play haha!

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    So what I"m getting from this, going through comments, is that people who already didn't like the pack based on what they say, they still don't like it, and people who liked the pack based on what they saw still like it.

So the views are the same. LOL

Spilled
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member

That's pretty cool you enjoy Strangerville and JA's quests. I enjoyed JA's myself (just wanted more). Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
  • Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    the fact she said it was boring is really what hit home it’s not a well made pack
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Lets not trash talk streamers we don't get away with personal attacks on fellow forum goers so let's just assume she sees this and would be left feeling attacked by some of you.

It isn't ok.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hey hey now...let's all be nice to Plumbella.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

I build alot, so I guess I am builder and I don't really care not being able to build on Batuu tbh, I haven't build on any of the vacation worlds really....but sure, that's me and I am not all builders, just wanted to say it doesn't spoil the fun for me one bit.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Very nicely summarized by Plumbella, but ugh the pack actually worse than I thought it would be.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    She hit the nail on the head with this one. I love her honest reviews of the packs lately.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    I've lost some respect for Plumbella over the past year or so. I actually did like her footage, even if I do disagree with her narrative. I think it's a little bit hypocritical of her to not like the pack and claim "capitalism" as a major reason, yet she would be absolutely fine with a Harry Potter pack. Where is this line for what brand is ok and what isn't? For the most part I do like her videos and I do agree with some statements she's made in the past but I do take her opinions with a grain of salt. She can dislike it for other reasons, (not being into Star Wars, not liking the CAS etc.) but capitalism because it's a franchise, with all that HP memorabilia in the background, is just making her look like a hypocrite.

Different circumstances. Disney is waaaaaaay too widespread and the pack truly seems like it's trying to replicate the theme park experience in terms of layout and structure rather than actually give us a true Star Wars experience.

Pluuuuuus, a Harry Potter pack would be more true to The Sims experience, with lots of elements of Supernatural & School.

Personal bias.

"More true to the Sims experience"? Only according to your own personal preferences. It doesn't stand.

It's not a different circumstance at all. Whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, DC Comics, Twilight, or anything else. A brand is a brand. Capitalism is capitalism. And Plumbella's review, according to much of her own reasoning, is hypocritical. That's not attacking her. It's pointing out the error in her argument. Agreeing with her just because she's Plumbella, and is known for constructive criticism on Sims 4, doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

Now, if she'd just said she didn't like Star Wars and thought it was a bad idea because it only appeals to special interests, fine. But she claimed capitalism.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Hey hey now...let's all be nice to Plumbella.

Nobody is being mean, her views can be criticized like any other.

I just watched the english simmer's videos on gameplay and CAS (thanx to the people who mentioned her here) and just learned much, much more about the pack than from Plumbella,
    So for people actually interested in what the pack is about, how it works and what is possible I say, go watch those.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I think one thing I DO love is that Plumbella was NOT the right person to review this pack since she is not a Star Wars fan - with that said I LOVE that EA/Maxis gave her early access to it and not other game changers who actually wanted to play it.

So in a sense that decision has really bitten EA in the backside. Know your audience lol.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I've lost some respect for Plumbella over the past year or so. I actually did like her footage, even if I do disagree with her narrative. I think it's a little bit hypocritical of her to not like the pack and claim "capitalism" as a major reason, yet she would be absolutely fine with a Harry Potter pack. Where is this line for what brand is ok and what isn't? For the most part I do like her videos and I do agree with some statements she's made in the past but I do take her opinions with a grain of salt. She can dislike it for other reasons, (not being into Star Wars, not liking the CAS etc.) but capitalism because it's a franchise, with all that HP memorabilia in the background, is just making her look like a hypocrite.

Different circumstances. Disney is waaaaaaay too widespread and the pack truly seems like it's trying to replicate the theme park experience in terms of layout and structure rather than actually give us a true Star Wars experience.

Pluuuuuus, a Harry Potter pack would be more true to The Sims experience, with lots of elements of Supernatural & School.

Personal bias.

"More true to the Sims experience"? Only according to your own personal preferences. It doesn't stand.

It's not a different circumstance at all. Whether it's Harry Potter, Star Wars, DC Comics, Twilight, or anything else. A brand is a brand. Capitalism is capitalism. And Plumbella's review, according to much of her own reasoning, is hypocritical. That's not attacking her. It's pointing out the error in her argument. Agreeing with her just because she's Plumbella, and is known for constructive criticism on Sims 4, doesn't make it any less hypocritical.

Now, if she'd just said she didn't like Star Wars and thought it was a bad idea because it only appeals to special interests, fine. But she claimed capitalism.

Nope, not personal bias. I can't remember a space pack off the top of my head but I do remember ton of university and school packs & even more magic related packs.

I made sure to be objective when I said 'true to The Sims experience'.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options

So how large a company is makes a difference to capitalism? Harry Potter might be smaller but it's still HUGE. Disney doesn't have a theme park here in the UK, but Harry Potter does.

Really we are all supporting capitalism by buying all (or even some) of the sims DLC anyways. I'm not saying it's bad, but I am saying it's not a reason to dislike something. She (or any of us) can't claim capitalism as a reason to not buy something from this franchise because we bought into the capitalists when we bought from EA in the first place.

It's just harder to take someone's opinion into consideration (for me anyways) when they're contradicting themselves like that. She supports this capitalism herself too by being a game changer and taking advantages of the benefits of that program. I don't think she realizes it or does it intentionally or else she wouldn't be trying to play the anti-capitalism card.

For sure, I agree. I still feel Amazon & Disney are the epitome of capitalism lol. Won't lie though, if we ever get a Disneyland pack, I'd insta-buy lol.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    These people clearly don't watch Plumbella on a regular basis, she makes these kinds of jokes.
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member

So how large a company is makes a difference to capitalism? Harry Potter might be smaller but it's still HUGE. Disney doesn't have a theme park here in the UK, but Harry Potter does.

Really we are all supporting capitalism by buying all (or even some) of the sims DLC anyways. I'm not saying it's bad, but I am saying it's not a reason to dislike something. She (or any of us) can't claim capitalism as a reason to not buy something from this franchise because we bought into the capitalists when we bought from EA in the first place.

It's just harder to take someone's opinion into consideration (for me anyways) when they're contradicting themselves like that. She supports this capitalism herself too by being a game changer and taking advantages of the benefits of that program. I don't think she realizes it or does it intentionally or else she wouldn't be trying to play the anti-capitalism card.

For sure, I agree. I still feel Amazon & Disney are the epitome of capitalism lol. Won't lie though, if we ever get a Disneyland pack, I'd insta-buy lol.

If you told me tomorrow that the new expansion was Disneyworld, I would probably cry tears of joy and instabuy as well.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I couldn't stop staring at her hair. I want hair like that. :D
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Not sure where to put this, but here is another GC I came across doing the CAS. Good review on it with her opinion. If this is the wrong area, sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gURThyM_cNM
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I figured the aliens wouldn’t be real, but did they have to do shell buildings?? I hope they have some lots we can build on.