Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are the bugs going to be fixed?

Comments

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, there will be an uproar among bored simmers if new content is withheld in favor of bugfixing. I clearly recall people on here having been very vocal about the lack of new content during a quiet time. If people didn't want everything at once, the team could probably focus more one one thing at a time and get something properly done. But the crowds be yammering relentlessly.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d be perfectly fine with them taking a whole year to deliver a big Sims 4 2.0 update. I’m not buying DLC so it doesn’t matter to me.

I join you in that minority. I have no problems waiting for quality vs quantity

So honest question, what quality are you exactly waiting for? The game is broken for me anyway. I love gardening. Main thing I do in game outside of cooking. They’ve yet to deliver a patch to fix that issue, yet they invest time in a GP that has little to nothing to do with The Sims! Can’t have burglars cause apparently that’s not “in the spirit of The Sims, but abject SW crap is perfectly fine. ‘Cause we a far more likely to live in a Star Wars type of reality than to expect a burglar and the police that would show! 🤦🏽‍♀️

• gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    I know it’s so petty, but the clay taking over my sims inventory is making me crazy.

Having the same problem. I almost don't want to play anymore. All they do is want to mold clay.

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Exactly....another patch that fixed nothing that Simmers are having a major issue with. All this patch did was break all my mods. Which, I know before anyone says anything....use mods at your own risk. But I'm using mods to fix their bugs! So yeah, I'm quite aggravated at the lack of bug fixes. Eco Living was released in June....it's almost been 90 days & still no fixes on all the things that have been mentioned....gardening, bills, spamming of cakes/cubes/clay. NAPS still isn't working right in my game, even though they claimed it was fixed in the last patch. The Eco Footprint....doesn't work....never has. I really feel that I wasted my $$ on Eco Living....as the main features don't work! & kids not getting adult skills....which is a weird bug as in one Save, my child Sim can get logic after maxing out mental but another save, my child Sim can't get any adult skills after maxing all child skills.

Besides the CAS bug that happened a few years ago, I can't recall a buggier pack than Eco Living. The items I listed don't even begin to cover them all. They've left us with a mess with no idea of how long it'll take to address. For me, it's unacceptable. I wont' be buying another pack...even a pack I love and want, until they fix this crap.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    I know it’s so petty, but the clay taking over my sims inventory is making me crazy.

SAME. Its ticking me off. Doesnt matter where my sims are at or what lot they're on. It doesnt take long for a dang clay convention to occur. Im regretting the last update SO HARD. No wonder Ive been building alot lately. The bugs have been getting harder and harder to just put up with in live mode.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    Well, there will be an uproar among bored simmers if new content is withheld in favor of bugfixing. I clearly recall people on here having been very vocal about the lack of new content during a quiet time. If people didn't want everything at once, the team could probably focus more one one thing at a time and get something properly done. But the crowds be yammering relentlessly.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d be perfectly fine with them taking a whole year to deliver a big Sims 4 2.0 update. I’m not buying DLC so it doesn’t matter to me.

I join you in that minority. I have no problems waiting for quality vs quantity

So honest question, what quality are you exactly waiting for? The game is broken for me anyway. I love gardening. Main thing I do in game outside of cooking. They’ve yet to deliver a patch to fix that issue, yet they invest time in a GP that has little to nothing to do with The Sims! Can’t have burglars cause apparently that’s not “in the spirit of The Sims, but abject SW 🌺🌺🌺🌺 is perfectly fine. ‘Cause we a far more likely to live in a Star Wars type of reality than to expect a burglar and the police that would show! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Im waiting on the pack I stupidly spent 40 dollars on, EL to work right so I can play it, gardening, i would love burglars back, I wish vampires would act like vampires again and be able to take care of themselves when you aren't playing them, and all of the many other things that will not happen or if they do are not playable bc there are so many features that dont work right already and adding more content too fast before addressing the issues already there could cause some to get worse or even become unfixable.

I am all for more content, i love this game and want more things to get for it, but personally I dont want to buy anything else until at least Major bugs are fixed, because I already have had to disable EL, too many bugs or things not working , and dont want to mess things up more.

That's why I would gladly wait longer for things to come out, so they have time to get it right, play it with more than just base game and check for problems so you get better quality packs that work right. Of course there still could be issues, there always will be with technology, but maybe we could get less of them or at least only annoying ones, and still get lots of things added to the game. If I didnt want content, I wouldn't have all the packs so far, I just wish they could work better. And I am even playing on a gaming computer. Im sorry you have problems too, Im not sure they will do better with Sims 4 or they would have 😞
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2020
    Exactly....another patch that fixed nothing that Simmers are having a major issue with. All this patch did was break all my mods. Which, I know before anyone says anything....use mods at your own risk. But I'm using mods to fix their bugs! So yeah, I'm quite aggravated at the lack of bug fixes. Eco Living was released in June....it's almost been 90 days & still no fixes on all the things that have been mentioned....gardening, bills, spamming of cakes/cubes/clay. NAPS still isn't working right in my game, even though they claimed it was fixed in the last patch. The Eco Footprint....doesn't work....never has. I really feel that I wasted my $$ on Eco Living....as the main features don't work! & kids not getting adult skills....which is a weird bug as in one Save, my child Sim can get logic after maxing out mental but another save, my child Sim can't get any adult skills after maxing all child skills.

Besides the CAS bug that happened a few years ago, I can't recall a buggier pack than Eco Living. The items I listed don't even begin to cover them all. They've left us with a mess with no idea of how long it'll take to address. For me, it's unacceptable. I wont' be buying another pack...even a pack I love and want, until they fix this 🌺🌺🌺🌺.

It is crazy that people are having to use mods just to make the game work. They should feel bad about that, whoever is not allowing enough ppl to do the fixing or however its done. I was not happy with the patch, Im sure the reason it hasn't been posted to banner is they know ppl will be upset. I still cant see it or find the info without finding where someone linked it from a different site

I ended up disabling EL, my Eco Footprint doesn't work either, its wrong that the thing that makes it what the whole pack is majorally for does not even work. I haven't even played a family until I disabled it, since many cant teach toddlers and what you mentioned about kids
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020

The clay is a total nightmare. I feel especially sorry for console players as they can't get the mod to turn it off. I really don't understand why it still hasn't been fixed as it's been annoying basically everyone since the pack came out and modders literally fixed it within a week.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am pretty sure they are working on it. It is just frustrating that the most annoying bugs (bills, for example) take so long to fix :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

I'd be fine with waiting too if it meant a massive update and all the fixes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, we could all be without any Sims games, if they stop the franchise. It is thanks to EA and the team that we have a game to complain about. It's not thanks to us :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, we could all be without any Sims games, if they stop the franchise. It is thanks to EA and the team that we have a game to complain about. It's not thanks to us :)

Personally, I'd rather a franchise I grew up with end/be shelved, if the alternative is seeing it break, lose depth and become exploitative/misguided. Being constantly frustrated and disappointed by poor quality is nothing to be thankful for, for a lot of people, I imagine.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    edited September 2020

Personally, I'd rather a franchise I grew up with end/be shelved, if the alternative is seeing it break, lose depth and become exploitative/misguided. Being constantly frustrated and disappointed by poor quality is nothing to be thankful for, for a lot of people, I imagine.

Would you rob other people of potential enjoyment and happy times just because you personally have outgrown it/grown tired of the game?

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wonder which will be first to go - Sims 4 bugs or covid-19...?

By the way, I'm loving the low bills bug. My sims can now afford central heating.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    The part that I don't understand is that one of the Gurus stated that they sometimes even take apart mods that modders have created to see how they did it. I can't remember which interview or where it was stated to link to it.
  • Nindigo wrote: »

Would you rob other people of potential enjoyment and happy times just because you personally have outgrown it/grown tired of the game?

The whole point of including the word "personally" in my comment was to make it clear that I was voicing my own concerns. I never said that others couldn't enjoy it, and I certainly didn't say that I wanted to rob them. If you enjoy the game, that's great, but it has undeniable problems across the board.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    If you enjoy the game, that's great, but it has undeniable problems across the board.

I agree, but I would say it's not better off the shelves yet.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    They're never gonna fix like 80% of the bugs you face. You just have to deal with it. 😝
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    They're never gonna fix like 80% of the bugs you face. You just have to deal with it. 😝

I don't believe any game is bug free, nor can we expect it to be. But some games features less bugs than others. I couldn't tell you why it's different though. Assumptions can be dangerous and very flawed.

I don't believe any game is bug free, nor can we expect it to be. But some games features less bugs than others. I couldn't tell you why it's different though. Assumptions can be dangerous and very flawed.

I think this game is super buggy compared to others cuz this game has tons of DLCs and patches and everytime there's a new patch something else gets broken. 🙈 I think at this point, there is probably like hundreds of bugs in the game cuz every time, I look at the patch notes, there's always mention of bugs that I don't even see in my game. 😂

There's no saving it. Not even close to fixing most of these hundred of bugs.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay Maybe it doesn't need saving. Maybe it just needs to run its course.

DeKay Maybe it doesn't need saving. Maybe it just needs to run its course.

Like, end? Cuz that's what I'm hoping too. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay Maybe it doesn't need saving. Maybe it just needs to run its course.

Like, end? Cuz that's what I'm hoping too. 😂

It will end one day, don't worry. But allow a few people to squeeze whatever fun left out of it :)

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

The clay is a total nightmare. I feel especially sorry for console players as they can't get the mod to turn it off. I really don't understand why it still hasn't been fixed as it's been annoying basically everyone since the pack came out and modders literally fixed it within a week.

What mod turns it off if you don’t mind? This is driving me crazy!!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    In the Next Pre-Expansion Pack Patch. Those issues are always merged together alongside with new base game features that would be needed for the upcoming EP. Those Pre-EP Patches are always the patch that is full of bugfixes and honestly, I would not be surprised if we need to wait that long.

That said, I truly miss the Almost 100% Bug Free release of Get Together. Good Times
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    I've removed some earlier comments in here that were causing confusion.

~Rtas