Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack 10 is getting announced in a few weeks

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Just posted by SimGuruLydsney

Hi Simmers -

We want you to know we’ve been seeing all your feedback and we hear you. As we always have been, we’re committed to growing The Sims as a game and as a community, so instead of trying to respond to a variety of tweets we wanted to consolidate some thoughts and updates in one place:

We are working on adding significantly more skin tones before the end of the year, and will share news on our progress soon. Beyond that, we’re committed to continuing to expand representation in The Sims 4. This is not one step, but a journey.

On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests. Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to
work through and sometimes we need to dig into designs more deeply to make sure we understand your expectations. This work takes time, and we don’t update you on these projects until they become more real. Game development in general can feel like a long process and, like most of the world, we are adjusting to a continued state of working from home.

In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack.

As a team, we are going to make more of an effort to communicate what’s coming with more regularity and transparency so that you continue to feel in the loop about new features, experiences, packs, and general information.
That’s it for now, and you’ll be hearing more from us soon. In the meantime, all we ask of you is to be kind, engage in constructive conversations with each other, and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU. And I can assure you that we will continue to listen, continue to invest in The Sims 4 and continue to engage with you. We could not do what we do without our players.

SimGuru Lyndsay & the Sims Team

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

Not Surprised about cars as that will most likely come in a Free Update. Atleast Farming has been ruled out so that's one less pack we have to speculate that could be EP 10.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    tldr: there is no baby overhaul, no cars, no farming, and no bunkbeds coming with this upcoming expansion

Not Surprised about cars as that will most likely come in a Free Update. Atleast Farming has been ruled out so that's one less pack we have to speculate that could be EP 10.

so i'm hoping for a winter theme or hotel management xD
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    It’s good to know those requested themes are ruled out so there’s no need to include them in any speculation.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

It gave me hope for cars, they didn’t outright say no for them, but that it takes time for these kinda things. I’m guessing that’s why the person who leaked the info on EL said it’s coming by the end of the fiscal yr. they don’t have a definite date for them and are still working on them
    quinhobp wrote: »

so i'm hoping for a winter theme or hotel management xD

So am I but hotel management could come with the winter pack.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Baby overhaul, cars and bunkbeds should all be in a free update and not an expansion pack so I don't think this post rules those out at all. It does rule out farming though.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    hotel management in a winter world would definitely make me happy after this poop game pack.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have no idea what the EP could be about. Hopefully they will not announce it two weeks before release, she said that "in just a matter of few weeks" we will know more about it, and I guess this EP should be released in...November? Which means that they might actually announce it a bit earlier than they tend to do.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    guys i like the idea for resorts or hotels, but i don't need a island living 2.0 on snow, another package focused on a world with shallow gameplay, oh but can I come to hotels, honestly? I should have come to IL and for hotels I prefer to pay less than an expansion. They said that this expansion was planned since last year, so maybe we can see the rumors there? for what they said, nothing familiar and much less farm, so we focus on a package of bands and content focused for teenagers? since the surveys removed them from it as rework.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oooh I wonder if the new EP will have cars! Maybe they’ll add bunk beds. I’ve been curious about a baby update as well. Read a few threads about farming, that could be a cool theme to have.

So many options and ideas! I can’t wait for the next EP!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm still imagining R&B to come back as an expansion pack's pre-patch
  • queenmakedaqueenmakeda Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not going to get too excited, but I'm just going to wait and see. Because I totally was hoping the next EP was going to be all those things lmaoooo kind of a let down. But glad to hear that there's going to be a little more transparency with the community 🤙🏽
    akaseven wrote: »
    guys i like the idea for resorts or hotels, but i don't need a island living 2.0 on snow, another package focused on a world with shallow gameplay, oh but can I come to hotels, honestly? I should have come to IL and for hotels I prefer to pay less than an expansion. They said that this expansion was planned since last year, so maybe we can see the rumors there? for what they said, nothing familiar and much less farm, so we focus on a package of bands and content focused for teenagers? since the surveys removed them from it as rework.

Yes but if we could get resorts in a Winter Pack they could be placed in Sulani.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Oooh I wonder if the new EP will have cars! Maybe they’ll add bunk beds. I’ve been curious about a baby update as well. Read a few threads about farming, that could be a cool theme to have.

Chazzzy wrote: »

All of that stuff was ruled out by SimGuruLydsney as being in EP 10.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I am actually super curious to what it could be. We know it's not anything like Generations, and now also confirmed to not be farming nor will it have cars, babies, or bunk beds.

I actually don't mind when they do new packs, I just want it balanced with updating to have older content we desperately need. I personally don't care for or use hotels, but I do think it's something people really want to see and have been waiting for so I'd like that to be included. So far, my best guess is some kind of winter pack as well. I really don't know what else it could be... maybe a supernatural pack? But then, they've been putting most of that in game packs. I think they're more likely to put individual occults in game packs and flesh them out.

Selfishly what I want for an EP would be a space/colonization themed one (like what a lot of the star Wars GP speculation was). But, I also understand that would be a VERY niche expansion and just completely out of left field. I wouldn't expect that to ever show up as an EP to be honest. I just love the idea of expanding on the Sims Aliens and just living in a completley new and crazy world! I don't want brand name Star Wars, I want something that's more of a sandbox. I think the Eco Living stuff would pair really well with a pack like that.
    i dont think that we will have some expansion focused on sci-fi or occult stuff because finally very recent content and we never had supernaturals like expansion in four which makes this next expansion more questionable, I aim in bands, remembering that the redacted of one of the simgurus represents this next expansion. Maybe it's an adjective? has anyone been to the future cube to see if there are any new notes?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Sakuske1 wrote: »

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

Now I think it‘s a romance expansion. Why would he post a flirty plumbob as a reply to this?
    a256aFi.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Ninja has his plumbob light set to flirty so maybe an improvement in the romance system is in the cards? I'd be happy with that. (not gonna get my hopes up too high on any speculation, though)

Now I think it‘s a romance expansion. Why would he post a flirty plumbob as a reply to this?
    That will be great if the team will give us an R&B radio station to the base game!! :smiley:
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm going with a winter theme with maybe romance tied in somehow. There has been a lot of talk about eloping and the new patch which allows you to do that in vacation world's plus the thought bubbles in niffty knitting about sledding. I think a baby update and generations will come next year at some point. (At least I hope so)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24

'love is the answers guys dont hate!"
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

The Sims 4 [Redacted Mod Name we Can't Talk About] Expansion Pack