May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

A Letter From The Sims Team

Comments

  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 267 Member
    The transparency is welcomed and a step in the right direction (see us toxic simmers can be easily appeased), hopefully the next expansion pack will have more soul to it than Eco Lifestyle did.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,938 Member
    i will be taking this with a garin of salt and wait for more info
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 175 Member
    Very interesting post. This is what I wish they always did. At least I know what NOT to expect. Although now I have no clue what the next pack could be. LOL

    Also the only gripe I have with the comments is talking about implementing things like bunk beds and how much research and stuff goes into that. Eh.... I'm not buying that. A simmer put together CC bunk beds so I think the Sims team could do so. I think it's more of a "Can we put it in this pack." and what the higher ups say about it. I guess you can't really say that though or it might reflect negatively on EA.

    I think they can put so much into this game, they just choose not to. To see the modding community creating amazing add ons show that this game is capable of and can be. Either the Gurus are really bogged down by corporate stuff, or they are just not as creative/caring of Sims 4 as they say.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    I read this as, the game's core is horrible and we can't put it in there because of the horrible mess we made it.

    I sorta interpreted it the exact same way.

    That is exactly how I took it as well.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 1,884 Member
    I appreciate the letter.
    I think the reaction to the Star Wars pack, along with the patch today probably forced them to say something. It's quite late for the them to be putting letters out, so it must have been a last minute decision.
    I really hope they can be more transparent in the future. My hopes are very slim at this point, and I'm very disappointed in the game. I just want something good to finally happen to this game. 2020 was a terrible year.
    I hope 2021 can be much better!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited September 2020
    Actually, I'm quite ok with the letter. I actually posted on her twitter yesterday asking for more transparency. So, even tho it's not the things that we've been wanting/asking for, they at least didn't let us keep wondering if it was.
    Could you guys start being more transparent and open with what exactly you're working on? In past games when you bought a game disc inside was an advertisement for the next pack. This was great and we got to look forward to something. You don't have to give dates, just info!
    11:41 PM · Sep 2, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 2,104 Member
    I do appreciate the letter, but also think it needs to become a more regular thing (at least once every couple of weeks would be nice)
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    I do appreciate the letter, but also think it needs to become a more regular thing (at least once every couple of weeks would be nice)

    I believe the Sims team for Sims 3 used to have a blog they updated pretty regularly, is there a reason the Sims 4 team doesn’t do something similar? I get they all have twitters but, well, it’s Twitter.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,305 Member
    I think more info in advance rather than making us wait and anticipate a pack for months before we find out it isn't the one thing we want most would help with the levels of disappointment that occur every single time. I really do miss the Sims 2 packs being announced way in advance, with time to get excited about it and save up for it.

    I can't help but notice she did not specifically say that it wasn't werewolves though. ;)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 6,815 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am pleasantly surprised that this statement was released and I think it shows they are aware of community concerns because they’ve received a ton of negative feedback regarding the new SW pack and the back and forth we witnessed on Twitter the other day.

    Honestly, this is all I wanted in regards to communication. I like to know what’s going on without all the hints and double talk. Just say what we will and will not be getting. I look forward to watching them communicate more clearly in the future.

    I still hope they’re working on cars and bunk beds though lol
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 67 Member
    i hope its is happy haunts i want my ghost hunting job
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 396 Member
    "cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP"

    But they are listening to our feedback? Well, I'm very curious as to what the next EP will be and I'll say I wish, instead of telling us what it won't be, they'd tell us what it will be (I know, I know...wait a few weeks....). :D

    Thanks, Sim Team, for the gesture. I appreciate your being up front about what will and what will not be coming. It's also good to see you acknowledge the disturbance within the community.

    I can only add, since they know how important some features are to simmers, that those features find their way into TS4 and into TS5's base game.



  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I’m not sure what segment of the player base will be mollified by that message because to me it’s just a whole lot of meh. I’m not mad at it, but it’s the same thing we’ve heard for a long time now. “Hang in there simmers. We hear you but it’s really, really hard and stuff.”

    IKR? They've told this countless of times.......:/ And nothing's really came out of it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 6,815 Member
    “We hear y’all but we’re gonna give y’all what WE want y’all to have”.

    🤣🤣🤣
    Origin ID : ChazzzyGOAT
    Recommended Mods : http://chazzzygoat.tumblr.com
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 1,901 Member
    I appreciate the communication and I'd like it to continue. Whilst speculating about what they are working on and what pack is coming can be fun for a week or so, it really doesn't help us as players or the company for people to be hyping themselves for weeks or months and then feel let down when the next release isn't anything they were getting worked up for.

    The communication and updates whilst they were working on Nifty Knitting was very pleasant and engaging and I'd like to see something similar happening for the packs we don't get to be actively involved in.
    Origin ID: 3989
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    “We hear y’all but we’re gonna give y’all what WE want y’all to have”.

    🤣🤣🤣

    And that's the problem!
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Reading through your guys comments. I agree with almost everyone. I do think a huge problem is the lack of transparency. I was in Iron_seagull's twitch stream and we were all talking about how the sims used to really tell you about what packs were coming and what they were working on. I have no clue why that changed so much in Sims 4. It's awful having months of silence where you don't know what the heck is going on.

    Although I'm disappointed about what she said wasn't coming at least I KNOW not to get my hope up for those things. And tbh I sort of was thinking it could be farming. So I'm glad now that I don't have that expectation. Although them being transparent obviously doesn't completely solve all the issues (them actually starting to implement things that we asked for would) for me at least, this solves at least half the issues for me. The lack of communication.

    It's too late for Star Wars, it's here. We can't do anything about it (and for those that are excited I am happy for you so don't take this at a hit) but I think the Sims team as at least realized how many people are truly unhappy about it. Like @Komura said, I think a lot of it has to do with how big this became. With the outrage of Star Wars and the skin tone problems I think a lot of the simmers unhappiness is leaking through to outside channels. That probably made EA take notice and allowed Lindsey to actually say something. I think that's a start. Only time will tell if it will actually mean anything in the end.

    I also wonder if EA had a stock hit from this? Just curious if that had any influence. After all they have share holders to appease.
    tumblr_n4a2ksEtgI1qawbqgo1_500.gif
    #Hannigram.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    I appreciate the communication and I'd like it to continue. Whilst speculating about what they are working on and what pack is coming can be fun for a week or so, it really doesn't help us as players or the company for people to be hyping themselves for weeks or months and then feel let down when the next release isn't anything they were getting worked up for.

    The communication and updates whilst they were working on Nifty Knitting was very pleasant and engaging and I'd like to see something similar happening for the packs we don't get to be actively involved in.

    I made the comment wondering what the next expansion is. Speaking solely for myself here, there’s no hype for me. I can’t even think of what the next expansion is because it’s clear what the Sims team finds fun and fulfilling is not what I find fun and fulfilling. At this point if the next pack is great I will be pleasantly surprised, if it’s not, well like many have said it’s not like they can do much worse. I def agree though, I hope that the community can be cautiously optimistic instead of full blown excited. I think that’s why they told us what we wouldn’t be getting, to soften the blow.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 1,901 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I appreciate the communication and I'd like it to continue. Whilst speculating about what they are working on and what pack is coming can be fun for a week or so, it really doesn't help us as players or the company for people to be hyping themselves for weeks or months and then feel let down when the next release isn't anything they were getting worked up for.

    The communication and updates whilst they were working on Nifty Knitting was very pleasant and engaging and I'd like to see something similar happening for the packs we don't get to be actively involved in.

    I made the comment wondering what the next expansion is. Speaking solely for myself here, there’s no hype for me. I can’t even think of what the next expansion is because it’s clear what the Sims team finds fun and fulfilling is not what I find fun and fulfilling. At this point if the next pack is great I will be pleasantly surprised, if it’s not, well like many have said it’s not like they can do much worse.

    Oh, I wasn't talking about any person in particular or any comments already made in the thread. A general comment regarding what I've seen within the community, especially when we get leaks - or fake leaks - that send some people into a frenzy. Lack of information really sends some of us stir crazy about midway between releases :)
    Origin ID: 3989
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Komura wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I appreciate the communication and I'd like it to continue. Whilst speculating about what they are working on and what pack is coming can be fun for a week or so, it really doesn't help us as players or the company for people to be hyping themselves for weeks or months and then feel let down when the next release isn't anything they were getting worked up for.

    The communication and updates whilst they were working on Nifty Knitting was very pleasant and engaging and I'd like to see something similar happening for the packs we don't get to be actively involved in.

    I made the comment wondering what the next expansion is. Speaking solely for myself here, there’s no hype for me. I can’t even think of what the next expansion is because it’s clear what the Sims team finds fun and fulfilling is not what I find fun and fulfilling. At this point if the next pack is great I will be pleasantly surprised, if it’s not, well like many have said it’s not like they can do much worse.

    Oh, I wasn't talking about any person in particular or any comments already made in the thread. A general comment regarding what I've seen within the community, especially when we get leaks - or fake leaks - that send some people into a frenzy. Lack of information really sends some of us stir crazy about midway between releases :)

    I was made into a FOOL during Sims 3 with some of the off the wall ideas I had for packs coming out 😂 I totally know how wild this community can run, it honestly used to be one of my favorite things about this forum
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top