Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Hi Simmers -

We want you to know we’ve been seeing all your feedback and we hear you. As we always have been, we’re committed to growing The Sims as a game and as a community, so instead of trying to respond to a variety of tweets we wanted to consolidate some thoughts and updates in one place:

We are working on adding significantly more skin tones before the end of the year, and will share news on our progress soon. Beyond that, we’re committed to continuing to expand representation in The Sims 4. This is not one step, but a journey.

On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests. Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to work through and sometimes we need to dig into designs more deeply to make sure we understand your expectations. This work takes time, and we don’t update you on these projects until they become more real. Game development in general can feel like a long process and, like most of the world, we are adjusting to a continued state of working from home.

In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack.

As a team, we are going to make more of an effort to communicate what’s coming with more regularity and transparency so that you continue to feel in the loop about new features, experiences, packs, and general information.

That’s it for now, and you’ll be hearing more from us soon. In the meantime, all we ask of you is to be kind, engage in constructive conversations with each other, and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU. And I can assure you that we will continue to listen, continue to invest in The Sims 4 and continue to engage with you. We could not do what we do without our players.

SimGuru Lyndsay & the Sims Team

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/a-letter-from-the-sims-team?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-a-letter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=64896&ts=1599177062641&isLocalized=true

.....Well....what are you guys thoughts?

I am still salty.

Hi Simmers -

We want you to know we’ve been seeing all your feedback and we hear you. As we always have been, we’re committed to growing The Sims as a game and as a community, so instead of trying to respond to a variety of tweets we wanted to consolidate some thoughts and updates in one place:

We are working on adding significantly more skin tones before the end of the year, and will share news on our progress soon. Beyond that, we’re committed to continuing to expand representation in The Sims 4. This is not one step, but a journey.
    On upcoming content - when we consider something for addition to the game we consider what it will take to update it meaningfully. This is just as true for babies as it would be for cars, bunk beds or any other number of feature requests. Sometimes there is foundational technology we need to work through and sometimes we need to dig into designs more deeply to make sure we understand your expectations. This work takes time, and we don’t update you on these projects until they become more real. Game development in general can feel like a long process and, like most of the world, we are adjusting to a continued state of working from home.
    In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year. I want to set expectations now, though, that cars, babies, farms and bunk beds are not part of this EP. We understand how important these features are to you but we want to be honest that they are not part of this upcoming pack.
    As a team, we are going to make more of an effort to communicate what’s coming with more regularity and transparency so that you continue to feel in the loop about new features, experiences, packs, and general information.
    That’s it for now, and you’ll be hearing more from us soon. In the meantime, all we ask of you is to be kind, engage in constructive conversations with each other, and continue to celebrate what makes the Sims special to YOU. And I can assure you that we will continue to listen, continue to invest in The Sims 4 and continue to engage with you. We could not do what we do without our players.

SimGuru Lyndsay & the Sims Team

So...theres...that.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I'm glad I know now that farms won't be part of it. Bummed about it, but at least I won't be looking forward to it.

Thanks? Sorry had no idea you made a thread. I still would like to discuss players thoughts.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I haven't checked but wondering if that SP is still listed on Origin.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2020
    nice I cant wait for the skin tones very exciting and another ep is always good news.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    It pretty much just confirms what we all know already...

They aren't listening and they don't care what we want in the game. No surprises really. :/

Sharonia wrote: »
    It pretty much just confirms what we all know already. They aren't listening and they don't care what we want in the game. No surprises really. :/

Exactly...

Least they told us beforehand...but it still doesn't help.

Now I wonder what this possible could be....
    edited September 2020

They aren't listening and they don't care what we want in the game. No surprises really. :/

I think they are listening (how else would they know about cars, babies, bunk beds), but there are just some things they can't or simply won't add into the game. And they can't or don't want to say what those things may or may not be. Sorry if this sounds vague.

Thanks? Sorry had no idea you made a thread. I still would like to discuss players thoughts.

No problem. They'll probably be merged tomorrow. :)
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I can’t help but wonder what the next expansion pack is. I’m trying to think of everything that’s trendy right now since they seem to follow trends with their packs this year, but I’m drawing a complete blank on anything that I would find fun, or that would appeal to the Sims teams version of fun. I am glad that they prepared people for this next pack that it won’t be something that includes what majority is asking for though, it will probably soften the blow of whatever this pack is.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I appreciate that they'll be trying to be more transparent and communicate more.
    Komura wrote: »
    I can’t help but wonder what the next expansion pack is. I’m trying to think of everything that’s trendy right now since they seem to follow trends with their packs this year, but I’m drawing a complete blank on anything that I would find fun, or that would appeal to the Sims teams version of fun. I am glad that they prepared people for this next pack that it won’t be something that includes what majority is asking for though, it will probably soften the blow of whatever this pack is.

I'm also drawing a blank.

And that SP placeholder is still on Origin so wonder where that fits in.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Obligatory does this mean cars is something they’re considering 😂
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Thank you for posting this, @simgirl1010
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

It could still be the winter theme that seems to be hinted at.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member

I hope this is true, sorry for being doubtful but...you know...experience...but I feel this is exactly what is missing so much, silence is the worst thing one can do and I for one feel alot of the frustration of many simmers comes from the feeling of not being heard/communicated with, so this in my eyes is a very important step.

Also, glad to hear the EP wont be about cars or babies >:)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

for a whole EP? No thanks...GP sure.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020

Don’t play with my heart :'( I’d love a whole vacation pack.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020

I think they are listening (how else would they know about cars, babies, bunk beds), but there are just some things they can't or simply won't add into the game. And they can't or don't want to say what those things may or may not be. Sorry if this sounds vague.

Okay my bad I'll rephrase. They are listening but they still don't care what we want in the game. The only reason the skin tones are getting special priority treatment right now is because the community kicked up enough fuss and it doesn't look good for them to not seem inclusive when they go to so much effort to promote that they are inclusive. I'm also a bit salty right now.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    That is good to hear! I really feel like they are working on babies and cars too. It is great they announced we will get news about another ep in few weeks, and also great that they told us what wont be added in it so people will know what not to excpect. This is good news for people who felt like they needed more communication.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Serious question about a “winter” theme. Wouldn’t that essentially be an add on to seasons so like a MFPs situation?