Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Builders! Very Excited about the Windows update in the patch

Hello Builders! Are you as excited as I am about this patch note: "You can now place windows by stacking them above each other without the use of the bb.moveobjects cheat. Which may seem small but we hope builders enjoy this addition!"

I am about to go back and revisit some lots where I wanted to stack windows to see if they aren't clipping anymore.

Yahoo - now, I wonder if we can stack windows above doors? 🤔
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    havent been able to do this, they overshadow each other, I dont have CC or mods, I dont have EL, so no idea why it isnt working
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    More freedom in door and window placement is always welcome!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm excited about this! I was just working on a build the night before last where I was wishing I could have stacked windows!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I’m not a builder, I’m a potato, but I love how excited and happy all the builders are! Its definitely refreshing to see <3
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Hello Builders! Are you as excited as I am about this patch note: "You can now place windows by stacking them above each other without the use of the bb.moveobjects cheat. Which may seem small but we hope builders enjoy this addition!"

I am about to go back and revisit some lots where I wanted to stack windows to see if they aren't clipping anymore.

Yahoo - now, I wonder if we can stack windows above doors? 🤔

I hope so! I'm actually thrilled with this little update!

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    I’m not a builder, I’m a potato, but I love how excited and happy all the builders are! Its definitely refreshing to see <3

Lol as a potato, what would you have preferred they add to the game in a patch?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I love potatoes, but only baked, chipped or roasted. Which are you?

Has anyone tried putting a window above a door yet? I can think of lots of times I wanted to stack windows so this will be great.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I'm still downloading the patch. It is downloading at like dial-up speeds. This lil tiny patch. So, everyone must be on the servers downloading that patch. My internet download speed is 300Gbps and the patch is downloading at 1.25mb/sec
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Very happy about the patch. Plus all the script mods that I needed are already updated. CC may take longer. All my custom windows are broken but I can play in a new save for now. Yes, I am happy!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    It is a cool addition! Have fun building, guys.
    Woohoo - just tested it and you CAN put windows above doors and they work! They left that little gem out of the notes.
    Windows-Above-Doors01.png
    Windows-Above-Doors02.png

• orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I love potatoes, but only baked, chipped or roasted. Which are you?

Has anyone tried putting a window above a door yet? I can think of lots of times I wanted to stack windows so this will be great.

Yes @elanorbreton! It works above doors too!
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Lol as a potato, what would you have preferred they add to the game in a patch?

No more clay and future cubes spawning endlessly in my sims inventory :'( or some ketchup

• Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Woohoo - just tested it and you CAN put windows above doors and they work! They left that little gem out of the notes.

@troshalom :) Is this your original build? Looks neat! <3
  • WickedSimWickedSim Posts: 5 New Member
    I was absolutely thrilled when we got the freely moveable doors, and I was also excited for this one. Until I noticed that all of my door and window mods don't work now. That is a setback, but once it gets straightened out it will be very welcome.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member

Nice! Neat lab btw
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yup, I'll be revisiting many of my builds and making the changes. This is a happy update indeed!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    edited September 2020
    @troshalom You're a RoCKstar! Thanks so much for testing and "showing"! This makes me super happy!
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Don't get me wrong I love this window update but can we please get some window swatch updates so they can at least match the doors?

OK thanks. Bye!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Indeed. Super Thrilled.
    Thanks @troshalom for testing and sharing your finds!
    edited September 2020
    @Truecrime_addict Yes this is my original build. It is called Creek Corner Cove, I entered it into the contest earlier today before the patch was released.
    CCC.png
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    When I read the title, I actually thought there was some sort of Microsoft Windows update included...I guess it was because of the capitalized W in windows
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I would be happy about this if it didn't break all of my CC windows and doors. Until that's fixed, I unfortunately do not care for this patch.
    haneul wrote: »
    I would be happy about this if it didn't break all of my CC windows and doors. Until that's fixed, I unfortunately do not care for this patch.

I posted this on another thread you had posted in.

Sims4Studio usually puts out a batch fix that helps with patch breakages, hopefully they will soon and that might fix the issues with CC windows and doors.
    https://sims4studio.com/

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've just gone in game and I noticed the new shell buildings they've added in the debug section. These new items have made me really wish we could build our own worlds! I'd love to expand San Myshuno to make it actually feel like an actual city...

EDIT: I've just been playing around with this idea for the last hour
    f0SoIUy.png

Ok! Now I can die happy...
    sTxMoUK.png
    Post edited by GracieO312 on