Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbellas review

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    After Discover University, another EP was not released for 8 months. Is that normal? Eco Lifestyle was only in June and 8 months from that is FEB.

I need a new EP , thats actually good and fun, desperately. The last one for me, was Seasons?

I have no idea but i think it makes all sense to have an ep out around christmas...
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    The forums: Game Changers don't speak for us!

Also the forums: This Game Changer's review validates my opinion as the singular, objective truth!

No one is saying that so I’m not sure where you’re getting your sources from? & yes they don’t speak for me personally but People & myself included are just happy to hear an agreement is mutual with a game changer for once

This thread. It was funny. We've got another thread here that posits whether or not game changers speak for the community. That thread is rife with "no, not at all". Of course, as soon as a game changer agrees with someone, well, hopefully you get the picture. If not, it's probably just because you don't want to admit that I'm right.

You can agree or disagree with a Game Changer’s opinion without believing they “speak for you.” You can also agree or disagree with a Game Changer’s opinion without believing they effectively represent the overall wants of the community.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    @SAEldarin wrote: »
    Just one question to all of you simmers who were so pumped for this Star Wars pack: why?

I've got many, many ideas for this pack and I didn't even look at the quests.
    I will figure them out myself. I never rush through stories or quests anyway. They usually run parallel to my own story and that's why they never feel repetitive to me. They're not the main thing. My own story is the main thing. And it will be epic! ;)

I didn't watch any reviews (never do until after I buy), instead I watch live streams. I'm aware that there won't be a live stream, but from what I've seen so far, I love the CAS, love BB, which will totally suit my play style. Jungle Adventures is one of my favorite packs, and I believe these will go well together. I'm very creative, so I will certainly buy this! I get if that's extremely hard to believe for some simmers. :D

Getting a phone call by Landgraab feels silly and I wonder if there's another way to get to the planet. Also I'm not happy about the land speeders being non-functional. But I expected it since we did not see them beyond idle in any of the trailers. These are no huge turn-offs for me though.
    I understand I'll be taking a chance, especially when I refuse to watch full reviews. I only just checked out CAS in that Deli girl's video.
    But I'm quite confident this will be right up my alley.

I hope those who asked for other things instead will get something soon. It's a shame to have to wait for so long and lose hope. But at least there are some players that are happy about it. I guess. ;)

Appreciate your reply. I'm glad you are looking forward to it. I've been trying to come up with some creative ways to integrate it into my own gameplay and, if I do get the back, I'll be creating a club of nerds who LARP their way through Batuu.

I'm just disappointed the pack appears to be like the RoM world where I ran out of actual things to "do." But, I can see where you are coming from in having your own story be the main thing. It could be great for that.

I tried playing through Strangerville's questline (I guess, ultimately, I did finish it because I fought the plant at the end), but I didn't enjoy the "collect 15 of this" type thing. At first, I thought it was fun in that I had to interview people and figure things out, but the reality of it wasn't that deep imo. It appears that the Star Wars quests will be the same/similar, so, for me, that is probably not going to be much "fun" (even without the spoilers). Maybe I'll be surprised? But, can I say, I end up hoping to be surprised far more often than I am?

I too love the Build/Buy items. Lots of potential there and, like you, I thought right away of pairing it with JA (I'd be building my own temples). Lots of potential there!

As a long-time Star Wars fan, I was both surprised and delighted to see the Star Wars costumes in the game when I first got TS4 back in 2016 (I waited to see how TS4 would develop as I hated the implementation of the sims' emotions being driven mostly by their environment vs. how TS2 and TS3 did it).

Now, with this new pack, having more of Star Wars in The Sims doesn't excite me nearly as much as seeing those costumes did years ago. For me, it is a "meh" pack overall. But it still could have been cool. And, unfortunately, I'm just not seeing much unless I want another Strangerville or RoM experience with Star Wars flavors.

I hope you share your experiences with the pack -- It'd be cool to see what you do with it.

Thank you. And I totally get where you're coming from. The StrangerVille/ RoM quests do lack depth in themselves, I agree with that. Even the actual Jungle Adventure quests are far too easy. I personally prefer quests to be a combination of what we have in Sims 4 and the brain teaser tomb explorations in Sims 3. There are no real challenges in the TS4 story driven quests, but again, I find that they combine fine with my play style.

I'm very curious about the pack and I'll see if I can post some stuff around here once I get my hands on it!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited September 2020
    This could have been a Game Pack that impacts a sim every days lives if only Star Wars is not the theme :'(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Okay, so:

1.CAS & BB, what she says is only based on her taste (excluding the poorly done mask and the fact that alot of the outfits have unchangable shoes), because I liked alot of the CAS she showed and can use those BB objects for alot of builds...so that is subjective.

2. no new traits, yupp, that is disappointing

3. 2 new aspirations, this is good, they are more like tutorials? well....that is a trend that has started since at least Island living, I am not happy about it but I am not surprised either.

4.cool looking Aliens are just masks/costumes, I was hoping they were not so I am disappointed on that but can't say I didn't expect it tbh.

5.the world is mostly set dressing and not much depth...uh huh, sad to say I am not surprised either.

6.she is confused...hmm...I don't really know what to do with that one, is she easily confused? Will I be confused or will I be fine? I do not know, I can do nothing with that information, sorry.

7. repetitive gameplay/missions....hmm...TheSims repetitive? No, really the "eat,pee,work,sleep"-repeat game is repetitive? yeah, I was not expecting it to be exiting, but some missions seem to be kinda cool and still better than SV.

8. she encourages people who are interested in the BB/CAS to get some CC instead...well, Newsflash: Not everybody can use CC, even if they wanted to because console players + even PC players don't all want to use CC.

9. doesn't expand on aliens? well, it shouldn't! You shouldn't have to buy a pack to expant on a lifeform that came with a different pack! Dlc for dlc is a No-No.

In conclusion: not that much useable info regarding gameplay other than repetitive and confusing (to her), judgement on BB and CAS not applyable to everyone (matter of taste), all "let downs" unfortunately pretty much expected for they are the same as in previous packs.
    Everything I saw, I can use, everything else I will still have to check out for myself so....still a buy.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Watch everyone pretend its amazing and just what they wanted anyway

Because they don’t want to admit they were wrong & look like a fool defending it as hard as they have lol

It happens every time, we tried to tell them...and they just lump us together as darn dirty trolls.

They will still justify it watch. Just wait lol

Let me be the first. :D

My intentions for this pack was to complete all the missions and then treat it as a vacation world. Those are still my intentions after seeing the Let's Plays. I'm no less excited to play it although I do understand some will be disappointed. Especially the builders.

Genuine question, what will you even do in the world to treat it as a vacation? There's nothing other than taking screenshots and pretending to be at an amusement park and having a BB8 as a 'toy pet'.

Nothing else.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Okay, so:

1.CAS & BB, what she says is only based on her taste (excluding the poorly done mask and the fact that alot of the outfits have unchangable shoes), because I liked alot of the CAS she showed and can use those BB objects for alot of builds...so that is subjective.

3. 2 new aspirations, this is good, they are more like tutorials? well....that is a trend that has started since at least Island living, I am not happy about it but I am not surprised either.

4.cool looking Aliens are just masks/costumes, I was hoping they were not so I am disappointed on that but can't say I didn't expect it tbh.

5.the world is mostly set dressing and not much depth...uh huh, sad to say I am not surprised either.

6.she is confused...hmm...I don't really know what to do with that one, is she easily confused? Will I be confused or will I be fine? I do not know, I can do nothing with that information, sorry.

7. repetitive gameplay/missions....hmm...TheSims repetitive? No, really the "eat,pee,work,sleep"-repeat game is repetitive? yeah, I was not expecting it to be exiting, but some missions seem to be kinda cool and still better than SV.

8. she encourages people who are interested in the BB/CAS to get some CC instead...well, Newsflash: Not everybody can use CC, even if they wanted to because console players + even PC players don't all want to use CC.

9. doesn't expand on aliens? well, it shouldn't! You shouldn't have to buy a pack to expant on a lifeform that came with a different pack! Dlc for dlc is a No-No.

In conclusion: not that much useable info regarding gameplay other than repetitive and confusing (to her), judgement on BB and CAS not applyable to everyone (matter of taste), all "let downs" unfortunately pretty much expected for they are the same as in previous packs.
    Everything I saw, I can use, everything else I will still have to check out for myself so....still a buy.

You lists all the things you are disappointed with but STILL buying it? Okay, it's your money and you are allowed to..but I just have to ask...why?

Also the forums: This Game Changer's review validates my opinion as the singular, objective truth!

You're literally further reinforcing our point. The fact that EVEN Gamechangers, who usually do as much as they can to find justification for the price and have a slightly leaned perspective due to not actually paying anything for the pack AND make money off of it when creating videos on the content, hate on it...That says A LOT.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited September 2020
    Double post, crappy internet soz :D
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Okay, so:

I feel pretty much the same way. I like her and hers was one of a few reviews I used to get a better idea of the content, though I don't think she gave me that much on it this time that wasn't strictly subjective or expected. James Turner's review was the most helpful to me so far. But they all lead to the same conclusion, it's gonna be a 'meh' pack for me lol. I'm still buying, but now I know how to limit my plans with it and they're not going to be all they could have been.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Okay, so:

You lists all the things you are disappointed with but STILL buying it? Okay, it's your money and you are allowed to..but I just have to ask...why?

Did you read the very last line?

well, I listed my thoughts on her thoughts, on what she showed us.
    I will still buy because like I wrote: everything I saw, I can use and everything else I will have to see for myself.
    Idk what is hard to understand about that.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

well, I listed my thoughts on her thoughts, on what she showed us.
    I will still buy because like I wrote: everything I saw, I can use and everything else I will have to see for myself.
    Idk what is hard to understand about that.

I apologize I misread...sorry.
    I apologize I misread...sorry.

that's okay, you shall be forgiven ;)

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > And I am facepalming at my friend who is still going to buy it for "story purposes."....also telling me that Plumbella has been wrong and other changers say the pack isn't that bad.....SMH.....It's alright that she enjoys it...but :(...every good argument I had for her she would hit me right back saying "It can't be that bad, I still wanna try it." :/ Okay enjoy it...

This pack wasnt my speed even when i didnt know how lacking it was. But now? Aint no way. It has NOTHING. Nothing!! Not lots to build on. So its ONLY a day trip. No new life states. The "gameplay" is more of that stale "go here , do this" with ZERO reward other than a trash 🌺🌺🌺🌺 light saber ! & its mostly just rabbitholes and yet ANOTHER bar! Bars! Because they're just soooo fun! Sims 4 sims are nothing but a bunch of pitiful alcoholics apparently. Not that i have anything against alcoholics, i love my margaritas and Daiquiris and occasional wine, but thats really all they ever include in these worlds. Lame 🌺🌺🌺🌺 bars!

Ugh I wish we had real alcohol in the game or at least get a buff of having too many “juices” as it’s called now. This game is teaching young kids that you can drink as many as you want without any consequences

There's a mod for that. Can't link it though, since it's considered adult.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited September 2020
    I love that she was honest. It is the reason I love LGR. I have been on the fence about this pack. I am still on the fence. I see things I could do, like use costumes, to make a weak Star Trek like neighborhood, with droids and light sabers (News: Star Trek steals Star Wars light sabers, more news at noon). But I would need to see more details on the costumes and other cas features. It also mean I would have to dredge through another boring vacation on a few sims for locked outfits and such (they could of done so much more with that vacation world honestly and that is sad that it shows a lack of creativity, but it does look nice).

I have to do dialysis most the day, and I am so fickle when it comes to games (genre styles). But need something to pass the time, while I await updates for Ooblets, and I get tired of GWS 2.

If it can fit the neighborhood I want to create, I might get it. If it can not, I won't. It isn't the masks or outfits... Its more of what I can do with it and how many bugs are installed with the GP. I will of course watch many reviews and also the forums. Not a buy right now, too many unknowns, need more information.

But much love to Plumbellas for keeping it real, that I can respect.

Edit to say: I loved the first 3 Star Wars movie and the rest that came years after put me to sleep..lol
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I've watched like, three GC videos and this was one of them. I fully didn't expect Plumbella to like this pack because 1. She's a "family" player, and 2. She doesn't know Star Wars. So that kind of bumped her opinion down for me a lot, as I'm not a family player, I'm a fantastical/adventure/Occult player and I do know Star Wars and have wanted more Star Wars stuff in my game for years.
    I like Plumbella, I just don't think her review in this case is the best representation for me. Especially after how she reviewed Realm of Magic and was disappointed because she expected it to be a Harry Potter knockoff for Sims. So it's strange that she expected one brand to be there for her, but hates that a different brand is there for others. I find that a little hypocritical.

I think that English Simmer's review was probably the most helpful for me so far. She really likes Star Wars, has some different play styles, is open to some weird gameplay and likes Occults. She also is very mature and informative when voicing what she doesn't like and the reason, and she can do it without filler sarcasm that just drags out the video, which I don't have time for and tend to skip through. She pointed out some drawbacks of the pack that I (mostly) expected, but also showed some nice surprises.

So I feel informed and I'm still very excited for the pack. What it comes down to for me is, I have been wanting more Star Wars in my Sims game, have even looked for specific CC costumes and failed to find them, have asked a few times for more, but truly never expected to ever get any. So despite what this pack might be "lacking" to others, I'm just thrilled to be able to play this in my game and have something that I thought was very obscure and against the "popular requests", suddenly be accessible to me.

To each their own. :)
    #Team Occult
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

You're literally further reinforcing our point. The fact that EVEN Gamechangers, who usually do as much as they can to find justification for the price and have a slightly leaned perspective due to not actually paying anything for the pack AND make money off of it when creating videos on the content, hate on it...That says A LOT.

Plumbella doesn't just mindlessly hate on it AND this is neither the first time she's honest about how she feels about a pack nor is she the only GC to do so. People who say that just don't seem to be watching any of their content / reviews unless a forum thread specifically points them to it and they immediately happen to agree with it.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Plumbella doesn't just mindlessly hate on it AND this is neither the first time she's honest about how she feels about a pack nor is she the only GC to do so. People who say that just don't seem to be watching any of their content / reviews unless a forum thread specifically points them to it and they immediately happen to agree with it.

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me but I already know gamechangers come in different types and personalities and I agree (?)

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    edited September 2020
    I swear I pressed the 'Post Comment' button once again, I don't know why it's double posting :neutral:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me but I already know gamechangers come in different types and personalities and I agree (?)

Disagreeing to the "EVEN Gamechangers ... hate on it...That says A LOT" part. No, Plumbella doesn't usually do whatever she can to justify the price and there are others who don't either. I find that a misrepresentation of reality, as explained in my previous post.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    IceyJ wrote: »
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > And I am facepalming at my friend who is still going to buy it for "story purposes."....also telling me that Plumbella has been wrong and other changers say the pack isn't that bad.....SMH.....It's alright that she enjoys it...but :(...every good argument I had for her she would hit me right back saying "It can't be that bad, I still wanna try it." :/ Okay enjoy it...

This pack wasnt my speed even when i didnt know how lacking it was. But now? Aint no way. It has NOTHING. Nothing!! Not lots to build on. So its ONLY a day trip. No new life states. The "gameplay" is more of that stale "go here , do this" with ZERO reward other than a trash 🌺🌺🌺🌺 light saber ! & its mostly just rabbitholes and yet ANOTHER bar! Bars! Because they're just soooo fun! Sims 4 sims are nothing but a bunch of pitiful alcoholics apparently. Not that i have anything against alcoholics, i love my margaritas and Daiquiris and occasional wine, but thats really all they ever include in these worlds. Lame 🌺🌺🌺🌺 bars!

Ugh I wish we had real alcohol in the game or at least get a buff of having too many “juices” as it’s called now. This game is teaching young kids that you can drink as many as you want without any consequences

There's a mod for that. Can't link it though, since it's considered adult.

Huh, you know, there's a mod by the same author -- Basemental -- which makes some very needed fixes the new systems brought into Eco Living. I think that's in his better known mod as well, but he released it standalone..
    edited September 2020

Disagreeing to the "EVEN Gamechangers ... hate on it...That says A LOT" part. No, Plumbella doesn't usually do whatever she can to justify the price and there are others who don't either. I find that a misrepresentation of reality, as explained in my previous post.

I am not talking about Plumbella specifically though, she is the point of the thread but I was replying to someone who is talking about Gamechangers as a whole. Many have become more negative towards the direction of this game after the announcement of this pack and that's an objective fact.

Also, I never watched a Plumbella video before this, only followed her on Twitter so I obviously can't judge the change in attitude (if there was any change to begin with).

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I've watched like, three GC videos and this was one of them. I fully didn't expect Plumbella to like this pack because 1. She's a "family" player, and 2. She doesn't know Star Wars. So that kind of bumped her opinion down for me a lot, as I'm not a family player, I'm a fantastical/adventure/Occult player and I do know Star Wars and have wanted more Star Wars stuff in my game for years.
    I like Plumbella, I just don't think her review in this case is the best representation for me. Especially after how she reviewed Realm of Magic and was disappointed because she expected it to be a Harry Potter knockoff for Sims. So it's strange that she expected one brand to be there for her, but hates that a different brand is there for others. I find that a little hypocritical.

I think that English Simmer's review was probably the most helpful for me so far. She really likes Star Wars, has some different play styles, is open to some weird gameplay and likes Occults. She also is very mature and informative when voicing what she doesn't like and the reason, and she can do it without filler sarcasm that just drags out the video, which I don't have time for and tend to skip through. She pointed out some drawbacks of the pack that I (mostly) expected, but also showed some nice surprises.

So I feel informed and I'm still very excited for the pack. What it comes down to for me is, I have been wanting more Star Wars in my Sims game, have even looked for specific CC costumes and failed to find them, have asked a few times for more, but truly never expected to ever get any. So despite what this pack might be "lacking" to others, I'm just thrilled to be able to play this in my game and have something that I thought was very obscure and against the "popular requests", suddenly be accessible to me.

To each their own. :)

Yeah, English Simmer is not my fave, but she did show a lot of the gameplay that I needed to see to make up an opinion. Her videos were detailed. Ultimately, she was positive about it, whereas I found it lackluster, but I hope she'll continue to enjoy it.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited September 2020
    So what I"m getting from this, going through comments, is that people who already didn't like the pack based on what they saw, they still don't like it, and people who liked the pack based on what they saw still like it.

So the views are the same. LOL
    Post edited by BatmanFanGirl on
    heartstopper-couple.gif