Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't flirt with Kylo/Rey

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    So I suspect Rey and Kylo Ren are going to remain unromanceable for about as long as it takes for a modder to figure out what bits make them unromanceable and write a mod that removes those bits.

I really hope that a modder does manage to make it possible to romance Rey and Kylo. Maybe I shouldn't be too optimistic though as to my knowledge there is no mod which allows you to kiss/woohoo/try for a baby with the Grim Reaper and I'd have thought there would be a lot of demand for that (or maaaaaybe that's just something that weird little me would like to do haha).
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I was wonder if you can atleast add Kylo and Rey to household by using cheats but no game changer answer me :((((
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It makes sense. If they're quest givers it seems likely that being able to marry, and presumably move them into a playable household, them breaks the quests.

I get not being able to marry them or move them in with your sim (I would not have wanted to do that anyway) but they could have made it possible to flirt/kiss/woohoo with Kylo and Rey while keeping the option to marry them/move them into your household locked. And if they had made Kylo able to get other sims pregnant that'd have been nice (I can understand Rey not being able to get pregnant).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't even think it's any Disney intervention that prevents you from doing anything with those characters as if they're normal sims. Aren't they tied to the pack's story quests? If so then changing them in any big way (romance, marriage, death, children, appearance changes) could possibly break said story.

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have done that. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.

I agree, this pack seems even more structured than StrangerVille, so I think they put a tighter leash on it in terms of flexible gameplay. And I totally see why. They knew a lot of players wouldn't want to see these characters show up at the romance festival or ice skating or anything so they probably had to code it in a much more restrictive way. Even food vendors were left out because the coding for that usually summons a known townie so it would be weird to see Dina Caliente or whoever working the stand in Batuu, lol.

And while I also really hate rabbit hole locations, I can see why these choices were made. I personally would have preferred integration with my "regular" Sims and to have more playable lots in Batuu, but I don't play realistically at all, so I'm not exactly the standard player.

Yeah I'm glad they've made it so that townie won't turn up in Batuu! It can be weird seeing them in the Magic Realm.

Sometimes it works out. I discovered Cassandra Goth is a Spellcaster and I absolutely love it. Especially since Vlad made Bella into a Vampire. There could be some drama in their future. <3
    #Team Occult
    Honestly, I don't even think it's any Disney intervention that prevents you from doing anything with those characters as if they're normal sims. Aren't they tied to the pack's story quests? If so then changing them in any big way (romance, marriage, death, children, appearance changes) could possibly break said story.

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have done that. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.

I agree, this pack seems even more structured than StrangerVille, so I think they put a tighter leash on it in terms of flexible gameplay. And I totally see why. They knew a lot of players wouldn't want to see these characters show up at the romance festival or ice skating or anything so they probably had to code it in a much more restrictive way. Even food vendors were left out because the coding for that usually summons a known townie so it would be weird to see Dina Caliente or whoever working the stand in Batuu, lol.

And while I also really hate rabbit hole locations, I can see why these choices were made. I personally would have preferred integration with my "regular" Sims and to have more playable lots in Batuu, but I don't play realistically at all, so I'm not exactly the standard player.

Yeah I'm glad they've made it so that townie won't turn up in Batuu! It can be weird seeing them in the Magic Realm.

Sometimes it works out. I discovered Cassandra Goth is a Spellcaster and I absolutely love it. Especially since Vlad made Bella into a Vampire. There could be some drama in their future. <3

I feel like Cassandra would be a good spellcaster! Also if it were me I'd probably end up having Vlad hook up with Bella, I like the idea of them together :D
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It makes sense. If they're quest givers it seems likely that being able to marry, and presumably move them into a playable household, them breaks the quests.

I get not being able to marry them or move them in with your sim (I would not have wanted to do that anyway) but they could have made it possible to flirt/kiss/woohoo with Kylo and Rey while keeping the option to marry them/move them into your household locked. And if they had made Kylo able to get other sims pregnant that'd have been nice (I can understand Rey not being able to get pregnant).

I can see how that should have been implemented.

It's not the end of the world, just something that I thought would be nice to have :) I would similarly like to be able to woohoo with the Grim Reaper without being able to marry him/move him in but oh well I get by without lol.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    So I suspect Rey and Kylo Ren are going to remain unromanceable for about as long as it takes for a modder to figure out what bits make them unromanceable and write a mod that removes those bits.

I really hope that a modder does manage to make it possible to romance Rey and Kylo. Maybe I shouldn't be too optimistic though as to my knowledge there is no mod which allows you to kiss/woohoo/try for a baby with the Grim Reaper and I'd have thought there would be a lot of demand for that (or maaaaaybe that's just something that weird little me would like to do haha).

I seemed to remember that Steph0Sims had a video where she was trying to get her sim to have kids with every supernatural creature in the game, including all the NPCs. I haven't looked that up to check, though.

What I did do was a quick google search and I'd need to launch the game and verify that this works, but it looks like the Grim Reaper has a special "reaper" trait that you can remove. According to what I read, it'll give them a normal voice and remove the smoke effects, but it will also unlock all the romance options that are otherwise blocked.

(If that works, my next trick would be to see if I can *add* the Reaper trait to an otherwise normal sim and have them become the new Grim Reaper, complete with smoke and weird voice. Apparently this is how getting a new Father Winter works, and I've heard but have not tried to create new Sages for the Realm of Magic this way.)

I suspect the Batuu NPCs will have a similar sort of trait. Rey might have a "rey" trait that limits her interactions and tells the game that when it needs Rey to do something, or appear somewhere, use the sim with this trait. If that is how it works, then theoretically not only could you make Rey romanceable and put in a replacement so the game doesn't break, you could replace Rey with Luke Skywalker, Vi Moradi with Leia or Han, Hondo Ohnaka with Lando, and Kylo Ren with Darth Vader. Boom, instant original trilogy.

It's not the end of the world, just something that I thought would be nice to have :) I would similarly like to be able to woohoo with the Grim Reaper without being able to marry him/move him in but oh well I get by without lol.

No I imagine it's not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice to have.
    edited September 2020

I seemed to remember that Steph0Sims had a video where she was trying to get her sim to have kids with every supernatural creature in the game, including all the NPCs. I haven't looked that up to check, though.

What I did do was a quick google search and I'd need to launch the game and verify that this works, but it looks like the Grim Reaper has a special "reaper" trait that you can remove. According to what I read, it'll give them a normal voice and remove the smoke effects, but it will also unlock all the romance options that are otherwise blocked.

(If that works, my next trick would be to see if I can *add* the Reaper trait to an otherwise normal sim and have them become the new Grim Reaper, complete with smoke and weird voice. Apparently this is how getting a new Father Winter works, and I've heard but have not tried to create new Sages for the Realm of Magic this way.)

I suspect the Batuu NPCs will have a similar sort of trait. Rey might have a "rey" trait that limits her interactions and tells the game that when it needs Rey to do something, or appear somewhere, use the sim with this trait. If that is how it works, then theoretically not only could you make Rey romanceable and put in a replacement so the game doesn't break, you could replace Rey with Luke Skywalker, Vi Moradi with Leia or Han, Hondo Ohnaka with Lando, and Kylo Ren with Darth Vader. Boom, instant original trilogy.

Yeah you can try for a baby with Grim if you cheat to remove his Grim Reaper cheat. But, to do that you have to add him to your household so he loses his role as the Grim Reaper. I like having a kid who has the actual Grim Reaper as their father. I have found a way to do this: while Grim is on the lot, using MCCC you can click on your sim and select 'start pregnancy' then, select the Grim Reaper as the other parent. Then they get pregnant with Grim as the father and he keeps his job as the Grim Reaper and you don't have to move him in. I have had a number of Grim Reaper babies this way but I still wish you could actually try for a baby with him, kiss him etc (without removing the reaper trait from him that is).
    edited September 2020

That is true. There are occasionally sims who end up being spellcasters, and I think that it makes sense. Cassandra Goth is one of those. Dad is another. Elsa Bjergsen is another, as a point of contention between her and Sofia. You could almost feel the older sister's frustration. That darn Elsa is smarter, better in school, praised more often by mom and dad and now she's literally magical because of course she is. It was pretty cool.
    edited September 2020
    Kylo only loves Rey , nobody else :p

origin11.jpg

<3 I haven't even seen all of the new films but from what I have seen on YouTube I agree.

What I was actually planning to do was take Rey into Cas.fulleditmode, save her to my library, then play her and have her go to Batuu and fall in love with Kylo. I thought she could be in the resistance but also kind of in a forbidden romance with Kylo. Or I thought I could play out a scenario where she joins the First Order and gets together with Kylo.

Alas, it was not to be!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Also, this tweet feels less... nice considering that you can't have children on Batuu or romance key characters.

@MaggieMarley

Cloning Jedi is bad :p !

Only Kylo clone can love Rey clone.

Haha maybe I can 'clone' both Kylo and Rey by taking them into Cas.fulleditmode and saving them to my library. Then I can play with the 'cloned' versions of them. I'd put Kylo Clone in the first order and Rey clone in the resistance and make them fall for one another. Then Kylo can have a redemption arc and join the resistance or maybe he persuades Rey to join him and the first order.

But it might not be possible to take Kylo and Rey into CAS and save them to your library anyway. And I still think that under the mask the 'Kylo' in this pack will either be a random townie or will have a weird unrendered face like Grim does under his hood.

Maybe I'd be better off just downloading a Kylo off the gallery... I do really like how they made Rey for the pack though. I prefer her to the Reys I have seen on the gallery.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    @Logion

Grim Reaper can't woohoo but you can still cheat to give him a son.
    I will probably find a way to make Kylo be the son of Leia and the grandson of Darth Vader.

ea21usd0sil7.jpg

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why do players want to hook up with NPC's that are part of the programming and there to teach us or tell us something. Just create your own version. It's like RoM all over again.
    edited September 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why do players want to hook up with NPC's that are part of the programming and there to teach us or tell us something. Just create your own version. It's like RoM all over again.

I guess we all like to play the game differently and find different things fun :) for me, I like having a kid with an NPC who is in that NPC role so just creating my own version of that NPC is no good.

For instance, if I use MCCC I can make one of my sims pregnant with the Grim Reaper's baby. Then that kid grows up and whenever someone dies and Grim turns up - the kid recognises Grim as their father! I think that's pretty cool.

With ROM, my sim had a kid with Morgyn (I did not make over Morgyn as I respect them being non binary but I have MCCC set so that any two sims can make a baby regardless of gender settings). When Morgyn's son grew up and went to the magic realm himself, one of the sages (Morgyn) was his parent! Again, I thought that was cool.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    @MaggieMarley

Yeah! They go off the deep end and turn to the Dark Side. Am I RIGHT Joruus C'Baoth?
    edited September 2020

Because it's part of playing The Sims. A lot of simmers are.....well I can't use the word that I want to so I'll say that they are "flirty". It isn't just Kylo Ren, although he definitively has an appeal in the Star Wars fanbase, but all kinds of NPCs. One of the first questions in each new iteration is "can I woohoo with the Grim Reaper?", followed by "can I woohoo with Father Winter?", etc. Makin' babies with NPCs is very much a part of what The Sims is about.
    edited September 2020
    Haflinger wrote: »
    @MaggieMarley

Yeah! They go off the deep end and turn to the Dark Side. Am I RIGHT Joruus C'Baoth?

Oh did I miss a star wars reference? Sorry @LeGardePourpre I am kind of ignorant when it comes to Star Wars (saw the first and second trilogies years ago but don't remember the details and have only seen the first of the new trilogy). I do remember now that the storm troopers are clones (they are clones, right?)

Because it's part of playing The Sims. A lot of simmers are.....well I can't use the word that I want to so I'll say that they are "flirty". It isn't just Kylo Ren, although he definitively has an appeal in the Star Wars fanbase, but all kinds of NPCs. One of the first questions in each new iteration is "can I woohoo with the Grim Reaper?", followed by "can I woohoo with Father Winter?", etc. Makin' babies with NPCs is very much a part of what The Sims is about.

Yeah that's how it is for me. I like my sims to have interesting NPCs. It just gives the kid a bit of interesting backstory for me I guess.

Yeah that's how it is for me. I like my sims to have interesting NPCs. It just gives the kid a bit of interesting backstory for me I guess.

It's too bad that we didn't get that Grim Reaper career. Grimmy could show up after all those years and say "come on son, it's time to learn the family trade".

It's too bad that we didn't get that Grim Reaper career. Grimmy could show up after all those years and say "come on son, it's time to learn the family trade".

I had wanted an active Grim Reaper career even before the HH stuffpack was suggested so I would have been over the moon if HH had won. But maybe HH will become a GP instead. Even if HH never happens, they may still do a Grim Reaper career... I can only dream!