Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Done

Comments

• jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tropico 6 is almost as buggy as Sims 4 *shudder* I love Obsidion though and Outer worlds does look like fun. Almost like a Fallout New Vegas in space :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I have 20 plus years invested not to mention thousands of dollars on this franchise. When the Sims get under my nerves I turn on the Xbox and take a break. Outer Worlds has a awesome DLC this September and there is Tropico.

I keep getting Outer Wild and Outer Worlds mixed up and Outer Wilds is fun but I love Outer World too. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Tropico 6 has mostly been fixed. Fallout New Vegas is awesome.
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    This video for me sums it up nicely. This guy isn’t a game changer so unlike 99% of the game changers he will not try and defend this in any way with excuses like “EA are a business and are going to make money!” (No kidding Sherlock!🤦‍♀️)

https://youtu.be/gPPm9zlrJAw

Posted that video on another thread on here, YongYea is defiantly one of THE most honest content creators as his videos are based from a consumers standpoint of the video game industry as a whole.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
    My problem with Tropico is once you population got too high the game would freak out. The transporters pathing would get funky and your economy would collapse. I played it over and over .. years even, and it happened every time. If you say it's fixed I might try it again, but I have my doubts. Oh, if you like Tropico 6 you should REALLY try Cities Skylines... closest thing to SimCity 4 that has come out IMO and they do a great job with it.
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    I think who EA is after is people like me. I had barely heard of the Sims before this summer and bought the base game in June for $4.95. It was on sale, as it often is. It was a quarantine lark that I ended up enjoying way more than I ever thought possible. I found the guides and the YouTube channels and then this forum. And if you’ve been playing TS4 since the beginning, let me tell you my experience is night and day different from yours. How frustrating it must have been to start with only the base game and then have the packs trickle out slowly over the years. Not my experience AT ALL. I have been playing for 3 months and have only bought Seasons, City Living, and Island Living, all for half price. There is no need to add every pack now because I couldn’t get through them all. I have enough content to keep me happy for years, so I will buy the packs on sale over time, greatly reducing the financial impact. And there are some I plan to avoid, like Eco Living, because I’ve read nothing but bad things about it.

It’s a harsh reality, but EA doesn’t really care or create products for people who’ve been playing since the beginning. They care about people like me, new customers who will be cash cows for months or years. That’s why Star Wars, because new customers will be drawn by that, get into the game, spend lots of money on the packs over time, and never complain about stale content. Because if you’re brand new to the franchise, it’s all brand new and exciting.
    I sincerely hope your experience continues to be so positive. I've had years of enjoyment out of the Sims and I don't begrudge anyone that just because I've had a negative experience lately.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    jmac2727 wrote: »
    When EA got it's dirty hands on Maxis I hoped against hope that somehow Maxis would retain it's integrity. I just did a little math, and do you want to know how much the FULL Sims 4 experience costs? At release prices it'd be over 700 dollars. Now ask yourself... if you think SIms 4 is cool and fun, do you think it's $700 cool? This whole concept of selling everything piecemeal is getting a bit out of control don't you think? Now they drop a star wars pack that their own research told them noone wanted? Yeah, I'm done.

EA has always been the publisher for the Sims. But yes, the monitization has gotten fairly ridiculous.

The Star Wars game pack is an advertisement that we'll probably have the privilege of being about to buy for $20. Some people will love it, though.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I feel the same way. I'm disappointed and confused with this game now. It's not worth that much money but it seems like we can't change their minds on what "they" want to sell to us.

I haven't played since shortly after Eco lifestlye and although I want to play it sometimes, I play other games. 1 other simulation game, cities: slylines and a variety of others. I'm obsessed with Ghost of Tsushima and Vampyr right now so I'm good.

I'll jump back on when the skintone fix comes out but I'm not buying any packs anymore.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have bought everything as soon as it came out...not buying anything else until things are working right in my games. I already disabled EL, I have auto updates disabled and wont update today, or any other day until they actually get to things that are needed to be done. I cant believe Ive spent that much on a game I have so many issues with, and my Vampires I bought bc I love Vampires, and now bc ppl complained they act less like a vampire than they already did. Not feeling very happy about my favorite game, and my outlet to help me feel better.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I'm beyond upset, again, with S4. Since EL sims steal everything from lots and makes the game unplayable for me. They said the last patch fixed the issue, but it didn't. EA isn't getting another dime from me. I've just been buying because that's what I've been doing for the past 20 years, I have collected almost every Sim game & ep with the exception of S3 (because all the sims looked like there was something wrong with them & I could never get over that) I can't do it anymore. The core gameplay is too empty and shallow. No Expansion pack can fix that.
    I've been playing Animal Crossing New Horizons instead of the sims. Very fun, cute game and highly addictive.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited September 2020
    700 ?

EPs : 9 x $40 = $360
    GPs : 8 x $20 = $160
    SPs : 17 x $10 = $170

Total : $690, $710 if we add the SW GP.

You're right !!!!! Wow, it is not worth 700 dollars, or euros in my case.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've seen the recent letter from Sims Team. I'm really glad they did it, just as I've mentioned in another thread this should help to understand what to expect from Sims 4 development. So the letter itself was a very good and useful move. Now I can personally decide for myself if i like their direction with the game. And I don't. The matter is not the every tiny specific feature - representation or bunk beds or babies... And especially not the new EP to get us excited (though it was enough for many). People are complaining that new addons are shallow and not deliver and get a response in the form "fine we hear you we'll soon announce another one"...

Take time, we can wait. Make your addons meaningful. Fix the core and the bugs! Until then I'm not touching TS4 (anyways it's not in an enjoyable playable state right now) thankfully I still have TS2 and TS3.
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I agree. I quit over a year ago, and am much happier. I do miss the Sims 3 and the memories that I had, but do not want to re-download it again. I have fortunately have been busy with real life and when I do have free time, I love Fallout 4, Planet Zoo, and Planet Coaster. While Bethesda has its problems too (cough, cough, Fallout 76), fallout 4 runs pretty good and the mods are incredible additions. Frontier makes incredible games and really care about their community and fans, unlike the Sims team.
    At the end of the day we all control our own destiny and happiness, so if you like Sims 4, then nobody else's opinion should matter. If you are unhappy, you also have a right to convey your dissatisfaction with the content that is presented and how the game functions without having to apologize.
    We, unlike the Game Changers or whatever they are called these days have to PAY for the content, and that makes every opinion valid whether that is positive or negative feedback.

As for the Sims 5, no thanks for me. I don't like multiplayer games online and I shudder to think of all of the "Core" elements that will no doubt have to be left out of the Sims 5.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think who EA is after is people like me. I had barely heard of the Sims before this summer and bought the base game in June for $4.95. It was on sale, as it often is. It was a quarantine lark that I ended up enjoying way more than I ever thought possible. I found the guides and the YouTube channels and then this forum. And if you’ve been playing TS4 since the beginning, let me tell you my experience is night and day different from yours. How frustrating it must have been to start with only the base game and then have the packs trickle out slowly over the years. Not my experience AT ALL. I have been playing for 3 months and have only bought Seasons, City Living, and Island Living, all for half price. There is no need to add every pack now because I couldn’t get through them all. I have enough content to keep me happy for years, so I will buy the packs on sale over time, greatly reducing the financial impact. And there are some I plan to avoid, like Eco Living, because I’ve read nothing but bad things about it.

It’s a harsh reality, but EA doesn’t really care or create products for people who’ve been playing since the beginning. They care about people like me, new customers who will be cash cows for months or years. That’s why Star Wars, because new customers will be drawn by that, get into the game, spend lots of money on the packs over time, and never complain about stale content. Because if you’re brand new to the franchise, it’s all brand new and exciting.

You should try the other games in The Sims franchise. Then you'll see what we're talking about. What's good is that other game studios are starting to come out with their own life simulation games so we are no longer the mercy of those making bad decisions for The Sim franchise. We'll have more choices in times to come!

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

I came into Sims 4 a little later due to an unexpected 2 year period without internet. I got a lot of the packs on the build-a-bundle deal but I found the same as you; there's still a lot of content in each pack I haven't even used yet, so there's still plenty of content for me to enjoy for years!
    I have also played all the other versions of the game (I actually came into the Sims franchise with Sims 3) so this has nothing to do with not having played the others. I simply found a way to play that I love and I could never really do before.

That being said, I do understand that a lot of people were expecting more from the game. My viewpoint has always been to make the most of what the game offers - with each generation, so I suppose that's why the babies being 'objects' and the lack of cars has never bothered me; I'm not opposed to changes to either of these features, they're just not essential for my personal gameplay. But I know I'm in a minority here, so I'll leave my comment at that :)<3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    When EA got it's dirty hands on Maxis I hoped against hope that somehow Maxis would retain it's integrity. I just did a little math, and do you want to know how much the FULL Sims 4 experience costs? At release prices it'd be over 700 dollars. Now ask yourself... if you think SIms 4 is cool and fun, do you think it's $700 cool? This whole concept of selling everything piecemeal is getting a bit out of control don't you think? Now they drop a star wars pack that their own research told them noone wanted? Yeah, I'm done.

I know just how you feel. Now they broke all the cc windows and doors. We don't know yet if it can be fixed. There isn't enough to this game to keep it interesting without mods for me. I didn't buy everything in the game, and no interest in star wars, eco pack and some others. No I don't think it's worth the money and if my doors and windows can't be fixed, I'm out, waiting for Paralives.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    My logic is for every dollar I spend I should get an hour of solid game play. I purchased most packs on sale so I'd say I got my moneys worth.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    ALL hobbies come with a price tag. At least we don't have to fork out $700.00 up front, else nobody could afford this hobby. My main concern is their contact with Disney. That company is no longer a wholesome company, to say the very least. I fear the rating will not be retained, if Disney gets their mitts on the Sims, as in CONTROL of the franchise.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    hmmmmm I could have sworn I saw some of those expansions start at $60 US..... Maybe it was $40 after all but man I really thought I saw some at 60.

I do believe the base game was about $60.00, but the EPs are $40.00; the GPs are $20.00 or $30.00 and the SPs are $10.00
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    "But dinner at a restaurant costs 20$ too and it doesn't last as long" people are the same people who say "quality over quantity".
    So wait a minute, you care about the quality more but then use the amount of hours you played as a meter for the game's worth?
    How that is quality over quantity beats me.

Once I bought a game from steam for 15$. Gameplay was about 2-3 hours. The game was however do good that it was worth every penny.

So yeah based on that I won't just a purchase on how long it lasts me because honestly this is not what entertainment is about.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    I'm so tired of this franchise. I'm reinstalling TS3 and all my expansions because I'm done.
    tenor.gif?itemid=10658469
  • navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    I walked away from the sims 4 years ago and i just recently started playing again but after the last game update that came out before the new star wars game pack came out my game started to crash ten minutes into the game! This is something that frustrates the heck out of me and the reason i walked away years ago!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    My logic is for every dollar I spend I should get an hour of solid game play. I purchased most packs on sale so I'd say I got my moneys worth.

I agree as the price they want out of the pack is not worth it for me especially the restricted packs for I do not want to just use features in one neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is pretty subjective. I think it was worth every penny despite the flaws. Add up how much we spend for mundane things all the time that are not even as permanent as this game and you would be surprised 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(