Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch update.

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    This patch also broke all sorts of mods. LittleMsSams mods, MC Command Center, UI Cheats...

No way I am updating my game right now.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Now if they would fix the Debug item issues...anyone with this problem(including me) cannot build new community spaces or community gardens.

I figured out how to make it work. I had to turn testing cheats on and then use the hidden objects cheat to access the debug items. All four community boards will appear once you do that.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    And for this little bit of nothing, I once again have to update all my mods. Great.

Genuine question, though: What do they mean in the patch notes about a toddler's spellcaster form? Spellcasters don't have an alternate form... or do they now? I'm kind of afraid to open my game...

according to my sources this update did not break mods (turbo)
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    Loucifer wrote: »
    And for this little bit of nothing, I once again have to update all my mods. Great.

Genuine question, though: What do they mean in the patch notes about a toddler's spellcaster form? Spellcasters don't have an alternate form... or do they now? I'm kind of afraid to open my game...

My source (Lumpinou) said that all rabbit hole interactions in all mods are broken.

Broken Mods List: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980785/broken-updated-mods-cc-sw-jb-sept-2020#latest

Edit: Where did you see Turbo say that? I think you might be mistaken. Multiple mods are broken.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member

I tried it today--not only did the mod not work right, I kept getting warnings about fatal exceptions and ones about the mod malfunctioning. It was working fine until I installed the patch, so it's definitely the patch.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member

Don't know about mods, but this door from Get Together doesn't look so good.

doorvzkzk.jpg

I don't know if I should laugh or cry now, because I need this particular door to continue filming my series, but it's also kind of hilarious.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    logion wrote: »
    This patch also broke all sorts of mods. LittleMsSams mods, MC Command Center, UI Cheats...

No way I am updating my game right now.

@logion Thanks for the heads up about all the broken mods!

I'm just going to sit here and wait for a bit. They don't always write about all the things that they are fixing so I'm going to see if something comes up on the forum. Personally I am really excited about Batuu so I'll watch Let's Plays from a few people that sort of play the same way I do and chill with a cup of tea.

I really hoped that the bills would be fixed. All my sims have the same bills and I am trying to keep them poor for the story.

• Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    I dont need mods to survive, they are nice, but not using them for a few days wont ruin the game for me. I think 99 percent of mods are optional for me anyway. Not really too attached to any of them.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Idk how some of you guys can deal with mods. They patch this game at least once every month (mostly) and then you have to update your mods and wait for the mod developers to fix them and then they patch it again and you get to do it all again.

Sounds way too stressful.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

doorvzkzk.jpg

I don't know if I should laugh or cry now, because I need this particular door to continue filming my series, but it's also kind of hilarious.

lmao i had my sim visit the munch house today to see how the game runs, i had experience a lot of lag but this update seems to have rid my game of it. however, that door *still* looks like that lol
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Idk how some of you guys can deal with mods. They patch this game at least once every month (mostly) and then you have to update your mods and wait for the mod developers to fix them and then they patch it again and you get to do it all again.

Many of the mods I use are actually to fix things that are broken in the game and the developers couldn't care less about, so... yeah.

doorvzkzk.jpg

lmao i had my sim visit the munch house today to see how the game runs, i had experience a lot of lag but this update seems to have rid my game of it. however, that door *still* looks like that lol

Good to know I'm not the only one at least. :D
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No cars? :'(
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    What is it for just got one for the game but no notes what it updates almost 7 gb of updates.

It’s ~840mb, the 7gb is not the patch
    What is the 7gb?

Small updates usually don't affect the mods (at least the one I use), but larger ones can. Some of my saves are built entirely around that mod, so I won't even play them until the next version of the mod comes out
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    13 bug fixes...13 people...13!!!!!
    13 bug fixes...13 people...13!!!!!

Even if it was just 2, they were large ones. Not only does it affect many mods, it's also affecting regular gameplay (as reported on this forum today)
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member

I normally don't update the game until the mods I use are updated. I play offline so the game doesn't update until I tell it to and unless there is a pack coming out soon that I am interested in I am in no hurry to update most of the time.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

It is a bit of a hassle at times :):D

Personally I turned of automatic patching so I am mostly playing in the past. I wait until there is a pack I really enjoy, get the all clear for my favorite mods. Snag the new pack, updated mods, and go offline again. Right now I am two patches behind.
  • krustie3000krustie3000 Posts: 2 New Member
    So sick of these pointless updates! Completely screwed my whole build. I pay for a lot of my cc and now its useless! Suppose we've got to wait for someone a lot more intelligent than EA to batch fix our games now as per usual.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member

It's becoming stressful! :D I finally finished my custom game save (again), including all the custom windows and doors one could ever want! Kicker is, I know to wait before I update my game. But do I do that? Nope. Every. single. time.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Thankfully the few mods I use are still working :)
  • WickedSimWickedSim Posts: 5 New Member
    Sigh. I just set up my brand new gaming laptop this afternoon, realized that everything now plays on ultra settings perfectly with no lagging or freezing, didn't take 10 minutes to load or 3 minutes to save. Perfect. Then I updated the game, and none of my in-use windows or doors work on the monster house I am making. None. Sooo, things were awesome for...maybe 20 minutes.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

Super small patch and we can elope in other worlds.

Does this mean sims can get married in vacation worlds with the elope option? If so this is so great I never thought they would let us do this. For me this is better then stacking windows as I've wanted so many of my sims to get married in granite falls or selvadorada.

I’m really excited about this too! Can’t wait to have a lovely selvadorada wedding or a winter one in the forest ❤️
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

Super small patch and we can elope in other worlds.

Does this mean sims can get married in vacation worlds with the elope option? If so this is so great I never thought they would let us do this. For me this is better then stacking windows as I've wanted so many of my sims to get married in granite falls or selvadorada.

I’m really excited about this too! Can’t wait to have a lovely selvadorada wedding or a winter one in the forest ❤️

I believe someone said you still can't place a wedding arch, just do the interaction of getting married.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sometimes I wonder if they forgot that they released Eco Lifestyle and it's multitude of bugs into the game cause they certainly don't appear to be doing anything about it at all. I'm staying away from TS4 until I see a proper bug fix patch.

It really should not be taking this long for them to fix what they broke. C'mon EA you can do better than this. :/