Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When are the bugs going to be fixed?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Yet another patch has come and gone, and the bugs players have been complaining about since Eco Lifestyle's release have been ignored yet again. It's been 3 months now, 5 patches yet some of the biggest bugs have been completely ignored and remain unfixed whilst the devs are hard at work fixing a bloody sprinkler!
Color swatches for Build Mode item “Large Dancing Water Emitter” have been fixed.
This is not an issue people care about, at all. Why are these random little things being given priority over actual bugs which have been breaking players games for months? It's ridiculous at this point.

3 months on from Eco Lifestyle and the NAPs are still broken and acting up constantly, sims are still playing with clay every second of the day, baking 500 white cakes and playing with the future cube. It's especially ridiculous since these things have been fixed by modders months ago yet there is still no official fix.

Gardening is still broken despite huge numbers of people complaining about it and players are still getting locked out of townie houses every time they edit them. It's a joke at this point. And this is coming from someone who's defended the devs in the past, it's not good enough. Modders have been able to fix these issues within weeks so there's absolutely no excuse at this point for how long it's taking. What is the point of having an Answers HQ if the bugs posted on there are not listened to? They need to do better because this isn't good enough.
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    edited September 2020
    It will never be fixed. Their patches are useless. FIX THE BILLS ISSUE!!!! I shouldn't be in a mansion paying $269. They don't care to put any effort into this game....
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    I know it’s so petty, but the clay taking over my sims inventory is making me crazy.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was losing hope of them fixing the bug i have with social clubs because not many people seem to have it, but seeing them fix these rando bugs in the latest patch restored some of my hope lol.

Anyway, i think they might be still working from home so that might be one reason why it is taking so long, i know they took long with some bugs in the past before but still, their current situation might have affected their speed even more.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Mareah wrote: »
    I was losing hope of them fixing the bug i have with social clubs because not many people seem to have it, but seeing them fix these rando bugs in the latest patch restored some of my hope lol.

Anyway, i think they might be still working from home so that might be one reason why it is taking so long, i know they took long with some bugs in the past before but still, their current situation might have affected their speed even more.

For the past 6 years they haven’t been working from home & many of the bugs we have today have been present since the beginning of the previous packs. Literally no excuse.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    It really is not good enough. I don't want to buy any pack from them after Eco Lifestyle. And they are not even attempting to fix the bugs that came with that pack.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    For the eight hundredth (but probably not last) time: bugs are never NOT being fixed.

QA is literally always at work on fixing bugs. A specific bug annoying to you may be particularly tricky, or judged marginal enough that more critical bugs get fixed first, but they are all at the attention of the studio.

We get bug patches on an average of once a month, as they are able to track issues down and correct them.

If you believe you have encountered a NEW bug, you need to REPORT it, and you don't do that here. You do that at EA Answers HQ. That is the site with the tools to submit a report in complete and useful manner, and where QA collects information they need to address problems.

Things take time.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Just see the state they left The Sims 3, bug fixes are not their master area
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Yet another patch has come and gone, and the bugs players have been complaining about since Eco Lifestyle's release have been ignored yet again. It's been 3 months now, 5 patches yet some of the biggest bugs have been completely ignored and remain unfixed whilst the devs are hard at work fixing a bloody sprinkler!
    Color swatches for Build Mode item “Large Dancing Water Emitter” have been fixed.
    This is not an issue people care about, at all. Why are these random little things being given priority over actual bugs which have been breaking players games for months? It's ridiculous at this point.

3 months on from Eco Lifestyle and the NAPs are still broken and acting up constantly, sims are still playing with clay every second of the day, baking 500 white cakes and playing with the future cube. It's especially ridiculous since these things have been fixed by modders months ago yet there is still no official fix.

Gardening is still broken despite huge numbers of people complaining about it and players are still getting locked out of townie houses every time they edit them. It's a joke at this point. And this is coming from someone who's defended the devs in the past, it's not good enough. Modders have been able to fix these issues within weeks so there's absolutely no excuse at this point for how long it's taking. What is the point of having an Answers HQ if the bugs posted on there are not listened to? They need to do better because this isn't good enough.

THANK YOU!!!

I didn't know why it was happening but my sim has been making cakes constantly either white cake or some low sugar version of coconut cake and other than that she is on the cube! As fast as I delete the cubes they reappear, she had 27 of them at one point, but she is the only one in the house acting this way. She has a toddler 2 children a teenager and a husband plus a business gardening supplies products for, she doesn't have time for this! I have gotten so frustrated I changed their house thinking an object in the house was spawning the future cube. And her husband is "constantly" giving everyone in the house, especially her "Give Fake News", no wonder I have a headache and came here to try to find an answer, thankfully I found your post!

I must say, this is exactly why I will not even think about Sims 5

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Its not exactly just flicking a switch and the bugs are fixed. It can take a lot of time to reproduce the issue, which is why they usually will ask for saves from players. If they don't get any saves, it takes even more time. The more people chiming in, the better.

I've been thinking (and I may of course be wrong) some of the old bugs get put on the backburner because there are new bugs with every pack, and people demand those fixed too. Don't think they have that many bug swatters around. I wish though, since bugs have kept me from playing since July'ish.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    We get bug patches on an average of once a month, as they are able to track issues down and correct them.

If you believe you have encountered a NEW bug, you need to REPORT it, and you don't do that here. You do that at EA Answers HQ. That is the site with the tools to submit a report in complete and useful manner, and where QA collects information they need to address problems.

Things take time.

This is talking about critical bugs which players have been complaining about for the past 3 months both here and on answers hq that have been ignored while they fix non issues instead like the colour of a sprinkler. Modders have been able to fix these exact things in a matter of weeks, it does not take 3 months. I'd really suggest reading the post as most of what you've said has already been clarified
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

I think you answered your own question with that statement right there. Because they KNOW modders will come rescue the s-crew ups!

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Eco Footprint does not work correctly for me, the NAPs need to be fixed where when you repeal one either the hard way or cheat its gone and not still making Sims act as tho it were still active, NAPs need to be toned down just a bit so that is not all the Sims are doing, I know toddlers have not been able to be cared for by many, Gardening still not working right ( not for me either),

I had disabled EL all my lag went away and my Sim could finally act like she had finished a drink instead of her stuck acting like she was drinking tho it would not finish progress bar until I disabled that pack, which when you disable even both EL options in game menu they still give notifications for voting ( no voting happens but there should be no notification),

the Eco Footprint was disabled ( I actually re-enabled it for a day to try again and that's when this part happened and was a brand new game) my Sim still got the coughing and acting like it was bad air in Evergreen Harbor even tho turned off. I ended up enabling the Footprint to cheat and make it Green Promise NAP but even tho the pop up said it was Green and you saw environment change as it should she still got debuff saying bad air and making her cough, so disabled pack again

When you disable in game menu options, the one that has things effect environment, even one that would give a room buff, it still does all of that. So the whole disabling in the Gameplay Menu Options is not working. You should not require a mod to fix these things, the game should work as you paid for it to.

My Sim cannot progress wstching a movie, I know they had fixed it but it didnt last, for a brief momebt after that fix they could, but not anymore. There are many other things too, I know many are naming as well since there will be different things we experience and different things we will care about.

I just think that for all that we spend to play this game, I hope they are able to get more help in the area that fixes bugs. Maybe its harder bc of having to work from home, and some bugs will obviously be harder to fix than others, but I will keep my EL pack disabled and wait about buying anything else until these are fixed. I know some are just annoying like NAPs, but Im sorry Eco Footprint is the whole thing that makes Eco Living what it is, I really wanted to play it.

So please, gurus, I hope that you will be able to fix these, because adding more content with so many Major problems already there is not going to make it easier to fix later, it may make it impossible to fix later. I dont want to not get future content, I just do not want to add more problems and bugs into my game than there already is.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    For the eight hundredth (but probably not last) time: bugs are never NOT being fixed.

QA is literally always at work on fixing bugs. A specific bug annoying to you may be particularly tricky, or judged marginal enough that more critical bugs get fixed first, but they are all at the attention of the studio.

Things take time.

Things take time because they only have so many employees, and most seem to be busy churning out coding for new packs to make more money. There has never been a game that has had so many add ons. The game has been out for 72 months, and there have been (I think) 34 add-ons. That's just about one every two months. Every 60 days a new pack of some kind. Do the math; what percentage of their programmers are writing new code, and what percent are fixing (or play testing) it? I'm sure Milton down in his basement cubicle squeezed into the boiler room is feeling pretty overworked by now trying to fix the 137 or so bugs that still exist.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

Things take time.

Things take time because they only have so many employees, and most seem to be busy churning out coding for new packs to make more money. There has never been a game that has had so many add ons. The game has been out for 72 months, and there have been (I think) 34 add-ons. That's just about one every two months. Every 60 days a new pack of some kind. Do the math; what percentage of their programmers are writing new code, and what percent are fixing (or play testing) it? I'm sure Milton down in his basement cubicle squeezed into the boiler room is feeling pretty overworked by now trying to fix the 137 or so bugs that still exist.

💯

And yay, Milton/Office Space!
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well, there will be an uproar among bored simmers if new content is withheld in favor of bugfixing. I clearly recall people on here having been very vocal about the lack of new content during a quiet time. If people didn't want everything at once, the team could probably focus more one one thing at a time and get something properly done. But the crowds be yammering relentlessly.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Well, there will be an uproar among bored simmers if new content is withheld in favor of bugfixing. I clearly recall people on here having been very vocal about the lack of new content during a quiet time. If people didn't want everything at once, the team could probably focus more one one thing at a time and get something properly done. But the crowds be yammering relentlessly.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d be perfectly fine with them taking a whole year to deliver a big Sims 4 2.0 update. I’m not buying DLC so it doesn’t matter to me.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member

Well maybe Mr Miyagi needs to have a conversation with EVERYONE about balance.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Maybe never. Take a long look at Sims 2 and its game breaking bugs which need mods to fix. Then look at Sims 3 and its game breaking bugs which need mods to fix. Now look at Sims 4 with its bugs which are being fixed by modders. Stinks for console players, though. I'm hoping that having a large audience who can't mod will push them to do a better job bug fixing.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I’m worried they’re not planning on fixing any bugs. They’ll just announce Sims 5 (sims online part 2), and leave the Sims 4 in shambles, just like they did with the Sims 3. Things are looking grim :(
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It will never be fixed. Their patches are useless. FIX THE BILLS ISSUE!!!! I shouldn't be in a mansion paying $269. They don't care to put any effort into this game....

I legit thought they fixed this some time ago because many folks were very vocal about the bills bug until I played in the Goth mansion the other night and bills were like you said in the $2-300 range. Wild. The way they leave things broken makes me feel like they intend it to be this way. Like, they want bills to be like this. Or maybe they’re schleep idk

Btw do you know of a fix for this? Mod? Sumn?
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I’m actually dumbfounded on how anyone could possibly expect anything different! We have quite literally gotten the same for six years! Kinda reminds me of an abusive relationship. You have hope but still get pretty much the same in spite of the occasional respite and show of affection.

At the end of the day they, the developers, set the crescendo of what we could expect from the onset! It’s not going to change. I’ve accepted it. Probably why I play GW2 and occasionally TS2, but this will not change. TS5? Will be mired by the same cause the community has accepted subpar so subpar is what will delivered.

Over this game! I hope Paralives provides a much needed change!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

100% agree
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2020
    ravynwolvf wrote: »

Things take time.

They are also outsourcing their Quality Assurance to India (hyderabad).

You think I am kidding? Check the credits for the packs that we have gotten the last few years.

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d be perfectly fine with them taking a whole year to deliver a big Sims 4 2.0 update. I’m not buying DLC so it doesn’t matter to me.

I join you in that minority. I have no problems waiting for quality vs quantity