March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Negative Feedback Thoughts

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    logion wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    I think what the forum really needs is more aggressive moderating. Someone should be consolidating these threads in a much more timely manner.

Yes, I do believe that that would improve things.

I’m a proponent of negative feedback (within reason), but there really ought to be an all-encompassing Criticism/Complaints/Venting thread. There’s a lot of redundancy on page one anymore.

Yeah, luckily there tend to be two created for every pack at least which keeps the amount of threads down a bit, like with this Star Wars pack there is the Journey To Batuu Positive Thoughts Thread and The one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread for example.

@logion thanks for the shout-out. 👍

I would normally have several threads going by this time. One for community giveaways, pack related tips and builds, reviews and let's plays but this time I'm consolidating everything in the one thread to try and guard against possible derailment. So if you're looking for info or just want to talk about your anticipation for the pack please drop by. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980366/journey-to-batuu-positive-thoughts-thread/p1

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    @SimKeats The same users are repeatedly going into threads just to derail it so it will be closed because they don't like or agree with the discussion.

"all puppies and rainbows in the forums" This is not realistic.

I don't want to avoid other users who are angry and unhappy. They teach me various things but sometimes I am not in the mood. Angry and unhappy users need to express themselves. IMO They need their own section. It's called feedback or something else. They don't need to be toxic and throwing up randomly in 20 different threads about the same thing.
    Exactly. I have been dismissed by the same few complaining about others dismissing them whenever I suggest a patch idea. Saying exactly what they complain others are doing of attacking the Gurus for daring to suggest ideas. I am done with the hypocrisy. Sad they want to do away with all family players and family play Gurus too because they disagree with them. That is the type of toxicity I don't approve of. I am tired of seeing Simmers cry because they are a religion or race or gender or personality that doesn't fit their narrow mindset. Sad I had to defend the latest GP to be marketed towards Simmers with families and actually a theme Will Wright is a fan of and inspired the Sims. Whole sides thing is a sham to encourage bullying. They don't want patches, they just want the Sims 4 to die when in reality Sims 5 will not appeal to them either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think what the forum really needs is more aggressive moderating. Someone should be consolidating these threads in a much more timely manner.
    We need a few to only work weekends too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    In defense of us 'haters' we never enter postive threads if they stick to that theme. Such as 'what happened in your game today?' But with some so called postitive threads, they bait 'haters' by bringing up how bad TS3 or TS2 was extra, also they dis on 'haters' from the get go, and what do people expect? No one to defend their favorite game when it's been dissed to high heaven and or if they are being called names such as 'haters'? think on it. There are very few so called postitive threads that don't do this, talk down a previous version though they are supposed to be bragging about TS4, and or talk about 'haters' in the first few sentences. The truth is out there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited September 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In defense of us 'haters' we never enter postive threads if they stick to that theme. Such as 'what happened in your game today?' But with some so called postitive threads, they bait 'haters' by bringing up how bad TS3 or TS2 was extra, also they dis on 'haters' from the get go, and what do people expect? No one to defend their favorite game when it's been dissed to high heaven and or if they are being called names such as 'haters'? think on it. There are very few so called postitive threads that don't do this, talk down a previous version though they are supposed to be bragging about TS4, and or talk about 'haters' in the first few sentences. The truth is out there.

I'm trying to make sure my thread remains on topic and comments remain focused on the game and not the players. There's been some joking about the general atmosphere outside of the thread but no putdowns. Unlike some other threads on the forum.

Example:
    So many of the positive bunch are bullies, they get upvoted so that gives them bravado to be increasingly nasty, but they rip people a part then play victim. Some people even got accused of bullying just for calling a certain poster out, who then played innocent. Ugh, these people are 🌺🌺🌺🌺. I can’t wait until the new pack is terrible and ruins their game, honestly I’ll be so happy!! The people who lectured us about el soon changed their tune and this will be no different haha. I hope people remind them of how awful and condescending they were about this pos pack but i bet they’ll play poor little victim again as they’re so good at that.

Imagine. Taking pleasure that some might be disappointed with the game.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm trying to make sure my thread remains on topic and comments remain focused on the game and not the players. There's been some joking about the general atmosphere outside of the thread but no putdowns. Unlike some other threads on the forum.

Example:
    So many of the positive bunch are bullies, they get upvoted so that gives them bravado to be increasingly nasty, but they rip people a part then play victim. Some people even got accused of bullying just for calling a certain poster out, who then played innocent. Ugh, these people are 🌺🌺🌺🌺. I can’t wait until the new pack is terrible and ruins their game, honestly I’ll be so happy!! The people who lectured us about el soon changed their tune and this will be no different haha. I hope people remind them of how awful and condescending they were about this pos pack but i bet they’ll play poor little victim again as they’re so good at that.

Imagine. Taking pleasure that some might be disappointed with the game.

But it’s the truth. All the white knights are attacking anyone who doesn’t think like you. I haven’t entered your “positive thoughts threads “ because I have nothing positive to say. But you guys are in our own forum and complaining about us complaining lol.so why are y’all here?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Justin wrote: »

But it’s the truth. All the white knights are attacking anyone who doesn’t think like you. I haven’t entered your “positive thoughts threads “ because I have nothing positive to say. But you guys are in our own forum and complaining about us complaining lol.so why are y’all here?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "our own forum"?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    What do you mean by 'your forum'? The title of this thread is Negative Feedback Thoughts.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I think he means our forum though I don't think he was labeling it as his forum.....:/
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I think he means our forum though I don't think he was labeling it as his forum.....:/

Well, in my view this is EAs forum and anyone can post within the forum rules and guidelines. And this thread specifically wants to explore why people respond the way they do to negative feedback, if I may quote from the original post.
    I tend to like to know the thought process behind things, so I would love to hear the thoughts on why people are frustrated with the negative feedback being shared.

So I guess they just clicked on the wrong thread then and it's just a misunderstanding.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

Well, in my view this is EAs forum and anyone can post within the forum rules and guidelines. And this thread specifically wants to explore why people respond the way they do to negative feedback, if I may quote from the original post.
    I tend to like to know the thought process behind things, so I would love to hear the thoughts on why people are frustrated with the negative feedback being shared.

So I guess they just clicked on the wrong thread then and it's just a misunderstanding.

We mean OUR forum..meaning everyone's forum though.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    here

I must be honest I forgot what the original post was & only remembered the title of this thread assuming this was for negative feedback. I also meant “our forum” meaning this is more of where the negativity of the pack or game will be at but people still being upset over others opinions is not okay when it’s expected to be here. I never meant my forum so don’t quote “what do you mean by your forum” . Don’t put words in my mouth. I just have to learn to explain better
    edited September 2020
    Prepare for more negative feedback...this pack is HORRIBLE! (thank you Plumbella and the others who reviewed early.)
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    If I’ve made anyone feel bad with my comments I apologize. I know I probably come off negative, or possibly even rude about this pack. It’s not my intention, honestly everyone I’ve met here has been really nice so far, even with the arguments it seems like people here can go from arguing to discussing cake really quickly and that’s nice. I also will NEVER go to your positive threads and derail them, those threads weren’t made for me and I have no business being on them if I don’t have anything nice to say.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    A noble goal. Don't forget to take into account all the store stuff for TS3 - I've spent too much money there.

I'm actually playing TS3 these days, and it does feel very rough around the edges when one has become used to TS4. In my opinion, EA charges way too much for it nowadays considering its age and considerable amount of script errors. I use NRaas mods to optimize its playability, but still. It's unstable compared to TS4. I have all packs for it except the Katy Perry one. I wasn't playing when it released and it was later made unavailable. Hopefully, that doesn't happen with any TS4 content. It's a completionist's nightmare.

A lot of things should have and could have been fixed in TS3 before it was left. The same thing is happening with TS4. I don't know why fixing is so hard to do. I do know that my husband, who is developing software for welding machines, and his team can take several days sometimes to figure out and fix a bug in their program. When that happens he comes home very exhausted and frustrated. It's probably not much different when working with a game like TS4 which has a lot more programming going on than a welding machine. At some point, it's probably easier to leave some bugs alone (give up, essentially) or try to find an acceptable workaround while adding new content.

I'm not saying this is an amazing strategy, because it's not. But I think it's sometimes the only worthwhile choice. If there is one thing I wish for this franchise, it's that bugfixing becomes more managable and is given higher priority. Something is a little messed up with the current time schedule, though. Three new packs are fired at us rapidly as if in a hurry. Maybe the next Sims game is closer around the corner than we realize. I don't know if I'll ever get into the next game in the series, but at least I can play TS4 without mods as it is. Even if it is a bit boring at times.

Disclaimer: I would like to emphasize that I'm not out to dismiss anyone's feelings :| If it has happened anyway, I genuinely apologize. (Maybe I should put it in my signature)

the Sims 3 store was astounding - i wonder if that online store was a net-loss for EA, or if they just didn't make enough profit to bring it back for the Sims 4
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fun fact -- there's a feedback forum for all of this stuff. This particular forum was supposed to be about gameplay. The rub is that the feedback forum is more of an echo chamber; not a lot of fights to be picked over there. And so, the feedback crowd comes over here, where the fights are to be found.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the more someone is into a game, the more they are invested in it emotionally, the more likely they are to voice their opinion, negative or positive.

I think this kinda part of the problem, tbh. People are just too emotionally invested in the game. Don't get me wrong here, I've played for well over a decade. I grew up on the Sims, I have a lot of great memories, and I'm disappointed when they make what I consider to be bad decisions. But the disappointment is more like an "oh, that doesn't sound fun/good. Too bad, wish it was something else". And then I move on. Some people on here act like decisions they don't agree with are direct insults. And this is a problem that hits both ends- people who love the game can get too invested too. I think we all need to take a step back sometimes and remember that this really is just a game. If you love it, great. If you hate it, that sucks. It sucks to spend money on something you end up not liking. But you move on and think twice before you give that company your money again.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Oh my goodness yes. There's also a lot of personal insults flying around this place, and getting that back under control would go a long way towards improving the climate here. These forums are usually moderated very strictly; I don't know what's going on now, whether the mods are busy somewhere else, or they're just taking a "let them fight" approach. I wish they wouldn't.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 2020
    **removed**
    Post edited by Truecrime_addict on
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hm...

I can come of as to negative when that is not my intention. I am a positive person, I have a nice "happy" voice, used to work with the phone as one of my first part-time jobs as a student. Sometimes I forget that the person I'm replying to cannot see or hear those other things that otherwise would offset something I said.

For instance. One poster mentioned that they were sad that Maxis had stopped with familyplay and I countered with the Stuff Pack that just came out. Nifty Knitting has clothes for babies that usually are ignored, toddlers have cute clothes and they can play on the rocking chair. Elders can reminisce and I created an elder sim that I am just so very fond off. It took me some time to realize that my reply did perhaps not convey how happy I was with those interaction. That perhaps it got taken as "you're wrong" instead.

I am interested in many things. I want the weird Sci-Fi because that makes ordinary family-life feel special to me. For me the joy comes from mixing all the things together. Occult sims, families together and fun adventures. I was so disappointed when spellcasters could not even make one little "shower of stars" for their children. Who with magical powers would not try to entertain a bored kiddo with magic? Then Uni and children could not even bike. I been happy with the latest packs. Children were not completely forgotten, they can make candles and now they can knit. Also, teach to knit is great.

With ROM and now Batuu I can say that my adventure-side has gotten plenty to play with so I would like to see another area get attention. We will see what happens.

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Fun fact -- there's a feedback forum for all of this stuff. This particular forum was supposed to be about gameplay. The rub is that the feedback forum is more of an echo chamber; not a lot of fights to be picked over there. And so, the feedback crowd comes over here, where the fights are to be found.

That’s such a negative way to look at things and a huge assumption of people’s motives.

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2020
    What makes anyone think this is exclusive to The Sims 4? The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 both had plenty of active, critical threads all throughout their lifespan, even outside of their respective feedback categories. Heck, this is a thing even in most other games' forums.

This forum is tamer than the others I've seen as far as all of this goes. When a user creates a thread calling for positivity, that is usually what they get. I do read the positive threads here and there, and I can't recall one time where I've seen "negative" users bombarding it with criticism. I know I don't, and I don't ever try to bring anyone else's experiences down with The Sims 4 through my posts. They're purely feedback from a long-time player wishing things are better. EA doesn't owe me anything, but they've provided this space for us to use for that very purpose.
    I just heard that the transactions in the pack (can someone point these out I am confused what transactions) are rip from the Spore game?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I will just share my post from another thread.
    I can’t believe I am in here saying this, but I agree with all of you. As a long time Star Wars fan girl, and a more recent Sims fan girl the disappointment I feel surrounding this pack is so real it’s painful. I have every single dlc released so far including the notorious MFPS, and have bought every single one them on release And always felt I got my full value from them. But, this, I can’t justify this, not at full price anyway. I don’t blame the devs either. I place the blame squarely on Disney’s doorstep.

As I said, Star Wars and I go all the way back to opening night of A New Hope, and when I heard Disney bought the franchise I nearly wept for just this reason. They rule their magic kingdom with an iron fist. They tightly control their image, and marketing to the point of suffocating most creativity so this collab was doomed from the start.

The silence of the devs on Twitter, the lack of a livestream all speaks to me of contractual obligation over this being any kind of a passion project for them, and notice they aren’t full throatedly defending it either. I am sure by contract they can’t speak against it, or even gives us much behind the scenes info on the dev process because no doubt they are tied into an ironclad Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Even if some of them love Star Wars, which I know for a fact from Twitter several do, as I and many others do I am sure as I am typing this that they had to let Disney check and quadruple check every single aspect to ensure it fit into their narrow little box that is a Disney product.

So now what we have is an extraordinarily lackluster, likely un-mod-able pack that has no element of The Sims trademark sandbox gameplay at all. I mean even Strangerville, which I personally still enjoy playing has a heavy sandbox element to it, my bet is Disney didn’t so much collaborate as dictate exactly how this pack would be. You can bet your land speeder they researched every aspect of TS4 and the GC program and the community as whole, and made absolutely certain that only certain GCs got access, those most likely to give a positive review and the highest number of subs, and made sure that no hanky pinky whatsoever would befall their characters as much as possible and their world couldn’t be altered.

The fact that Plumbella skewered them is probably going to shock the shoes off of them because she probably got early access due to her willingness to play occult and fantasy game styles and her large fan base.

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy Disney movies and shows even at my advanced age, but seriously they are the least creative, most formulaic “artistic” corporation on the planet. You always know what you’re getting with them, no surprises, none. But, this is a crying shame in my opinion because I honestly believe if the devs had been given their usual free reign on creativity especially the ones who love Star Wars, this game pack would have been amazing. The GPS are almost consistently the best dlc in this series but this one falls way short.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    What makes anyone think this is exclusive to The Sims 4? The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 both had plenty of active, critical threads all throughout their lifespan, even outside of their respective feedback categories. Heck, this is a thing even in most other games' forums.

This forum is tamer than the others I've seen as far as all of this goes. When a user creates a thread calling for positivity, that is usually what they get. I do read the positive threads here and there, and I can't recall one time where I've seen "negative" users bombarding it with criticism. I know I don't, and I don't ever try to bring anyone else's experiences down with The Sims 4 through my posts. They're purely feedback from a long-time player wishing things are better. EA doesn't owe me anything, but they've provided this space for us to use for that very purpose.
    That's part of why I'm so confused about all of Sims 3 love I've seen on here. When 3 was the active series, people hated it, including yours truly. The forums were a mirror image of this one while I was active on there. But now 3 is the golden child, and people 4 is the one people don't like. I agree that this one tends to be tamer though. I don't see near as many insults thrown around on here.