Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snob sim always bored now!

Since the patch my snob sim is *consistently* bored when not in her lush home. I'm doing the StrangerVille story with her, she's in a Hazmat suit facing off The Mother and she's BORED!!!! Grumble. I'm still in love with the sims 4, I don't have any other patch bugs or glitches or odd unfun features.
But really! Bored. All. The. Time!

Comments

• AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I just played some snob Sims and had the same issue - something they did with a patch or eco lifestyle seemed to have caused this - got really annoying after a while for them (I had 2!) to be constantly bored. Won't be picking that trait again unless it gets fixed.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I just played some snob Sims and had the same issue - something they did with a patch or eco lifestyle seemed to have caused this - got really annoying after a while for them (I had 2!) to be constantly bored. Won't be picking that trait again unless it gets fixed.

Ohh... that does not sound good. Will remove my mods-folder and see if I get this too.

Have you reported it on the Tech-forum and if so can you post a link? Just so I can add a “me too” if I see the same thing.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Snobs like watching the news on TV.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Its not just snobs either, there's a bug where a lot of Sims, regardless of traits act bored even if they aren't. And now the environment can be boring to a Snob and give them a bored debuff
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    i’ve had to completely redecorate my sims house because her father fabricated much of the furniture, and because she’s a snob she gets a discomfort +3 moodlet for 3 hours after using any of the fabricated furniture...which seems a little extreme imo
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You can have them stargaze/cloudgaze and that gives them 6+ (Inspired)moodlet. A Citrus bath that cost $30, will last for 8+ hours (focused mood). I would prefer a focused moodlet when fighting the Mother ;)

My Sim always has a lot of people come up to her when she is out and about, they are always bored! I thought it was because she hit level 2 of the Charisma skill (which gives you the "Brighten Day" to use on anyone). I got tired of my sim brightening everyone's day/telling a joke/ compliment outfit just so they are happy :D

I don't believe it is from the snob trait though.
  • GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    I don't think it isn't from the snob trait either. Almost all my sims have it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Mine are doing the bored animation a lot, even though they don’t have a bored moodlet.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I never knew this. I like to have my Sims watch the news and the world channel (or whatever it’s called) and I rarely make Snobs. My Sims just like to be informed😂
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @SilentKitty There is one for the bored animation sims are doing all the time now, regardless of traits - could not find one just for the snob trait so I added to that one because I feel it is related to when they changed the environment scoring.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Random-Bored-Idle-when-not-Bored-or-in-Boring/m-p/9174946/highlight/false#M134234

This is not just the normal things that bore snob sims - like watching certain shows - this is almost constantly they have the bored moodlet unless it is overpowered by other moodlets - it is glitched.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    @SilentKitty There is one for the bored animation sims are doing all the time now, regardless of traits - could not find one just for the snob trait so I added to that one because I feel it is related to when they changed the environment scoring.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Random-Bored-Idle-when-not-Bored-or-in-Boring/m-p/9174946/highlight/false#M134234

This is not just the normal things that bore snob sims - like watching certain shows - this is almost constantly they have the bored moodlet unless it is overpowered by other moodlets - it is glitched.

Haven’t played a snob sim in ages, will see how it feels. Ehh, I might not be able to do that straight away but it is on my list :)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    This happened to me even before the patches. That's why I quit using the snob trait, I found it annoying to have a Sim that's bored all the time
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I always have my sims regardless if they have this trait watch the news.
    But how did the team even associate snob trait to “like watching news”🤔 I always have the news on irl because I like to stay informed, but how would that at all be associated to being snob. I know it’s just a game but how does this even correlate
  • ZorgaZorga Posts: 613 Member
    I shouldn't have to buff my sim up to just function in the day without getting a negative moodlet. thats the whole point of the 'fine' modlet! If I needed to buff them up it would be like they have ADHD, which would be fine if I'd picked (or you, know, randomly rolled) that trait. but sigh.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I had a Sim woohoo, then do the bored animation right afterward. How insulting!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

Now that's just disrespectful lol

Ha ha ha :D

Oki, looking forward to trying a snob-sim myself. It’s been years since last one but it could be fun.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member

Talk about an insult to the ego. xD

My sims get bored regardless of their traits even my pure evil sims do too. For some reason it's more contagious than a regular bug.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    It's not just Snobs. Active Sims get cranky minutes after workouts because they haven't been active lately.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I had this stuff also. After I updated UI cheats extension and MCCC it all went away. I don't know which one was doing it but those are the only mods I had at the time.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Yup it's happening to me too. Everyone, each and every single sim just stands around after entering a building, or a room, or before or after or while in the middle of completing a task and will take several seconds on in-game time to show me just how utterly and hopelessly BORED they are. Several times with the same sim, in the same room, in the same house I've seen snapping their head side to side with that dead-eyed bland expression and exaggerated sigh. It's so bad in fact the devs ruined the game so badly with this last bug that not even MCCC's disable emotional idles will fix it.