Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

James Turner's review

So Plumbella and James Turner do not see eye to eye regarding this pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XITnx29jrSE&t=1203s

Comments

• MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thank you for this, but I'm more interested in Plumbella's. I'll try to catch Deligracy's take on it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This isn't even really a review, it's a hands-on. He even says so himself. I just don't see the gameplay appeal of this one.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Yeah, this is more of a hands-on, let's play video. I'm watching it now. And honestly it's telling me most of what I need to know.

There's the CAS stuff and the uniforms. The uniforms are locked based on rank with different factions, which makes sense. Unclear as yet if the Star Wars clothes are accessible without going to Batuu.

The curved bar is neat. It's a bit disappointing that there seems to be just one lot per neighborhood, but having lots of shell buildings that we can build inside will come in handy for my Star Wars save when I get lazy and don't want to do a building exterior.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing what modders do with this.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well James Turner is more goal oriented when he plays, he barely lets his sims talk so they always go around with a low social bar. And he likes Star Wars so he might have some fun with this pack.

I thought he was actually pretty critical in several parts of the video.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited September 2020
    I watched James videos and he doesn't seem to like the pack. He questions why this wasn't a stand-alone pack instead of being added into the sims since everything is separate and it doesn't integrate with the rest of the world at all.

He also replied to a comment that said "Where's the gameplay? All I saw was ur sim talking to people..." to which he responded "Welcome to The Sims, it’s turned 20 this year! " So he seems subtle with his shade also he named his sim trash lmao!

Surprised that Lilsimsie hasn't uploaded her review yet but maybe it will come soon. I'm gonna watch Urbansims and Clare Sibohans's next but so far nobody seems to like this pack or their neutral.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I watched James videos and he doesn't seem to like the pack. He questions why this wasn't a stand-alone pack instead of being added into the sims since everything is separate and it doesn't integrate with the rest of the world at all.

He also replied to a comment that said "Where's the gameplay? All I saw was ur sim talking to people..." to which he responded "Welcome to The Sims, it’s turned 20 this year! " So he seems subtle with his shade also he named his sim trash lmao!

Surprised that Lilsimsie hasn't uploaded her review yet but maybe it will come soon. I'm gonna watch Urbansims and Clare Sibohans's next but so far nobody seems to like this pack or their neutral.

Trash is actually a Sim he’s had for a long time. She is/was an interstellar smuggler.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I am still suprised that EA leave it up to the game changers to present their new game. It ultimatelly now depends on which game changer you decide to watch and how well he/she presents the game
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hope players don't attack gamechangers who like the pack, they're entitled to an opinion just as yall are. Haven't watched his video yet though so I'm not sure if thats the case
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

There's the CAS stuff and the uniforms. The uniforms are locked based on rank with different factions, which makes sense. Unclear as yet if the Star Wars clothes are accessible without going to Batuu.

Sims community has a video with all the cas. He said there was a cheat to unlock the outfits. Seems similar to the cheat to unlock clothing in nifty knitting.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Lilsimsie didn't get early access this time.

• ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2020
    English Simmer created very good review in my opinion
    She presented everthing without sugar coating
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member

She's said she didn't get a preview of the pack, so she won't be able to play or review it until it's released to the general public. No idea why, and I'm not going to speculate that this is some nefarious move on EA's part.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    Can’t believe there are no lots !!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I didn't really understand much of it. My game is in Finnish, so I'm going to be even more confused about all the names and their bad Finnish translations. :#
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

Disney is notorious for being micromanaging and demanding. They most likely didn’t want modders to be able to change anything in the world, same reason the shoes can’t be changed on some outfits. Disney doesn’t play with its properties, it’s either the *Disney* way or it’s not happening.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Komura wrote: »

Disney is notorious for being micromanaging and demanding. They most likely didn’t want modders to be able to change anything in the world, same reason the shoes can’t be changed on some outfits. Disney doesn’t play with its properties, it’s either the *Disney* way or it’s not happening.

Wish Disney never bought SW...
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020

Actually, The Mouse is quite the opposite. They're too hands-off. MVCI, for example, was pushed through development and then left to dry without support. They don't really seem to care about the video game versions of their IPs.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Actually, The Mouse is quite the opposite. They're too hands-off. MVCI, for example, was pushed through development and then left to dry without support. They don't really seem to care about the video game versions of their IPs.

I agree that Disney doesn’t care about quality of their games from IP’s 100%. I haven’t played that game though more than at a friends house so I can’t speak for it, I just know that with most things they do Disney is pretty particular about having it look ‘the Disney way’ and being as close to canon as possible majority of the time, that’s what I meant by my comment. Making sure it’s something of quality that’s worth the money, and that they can be proud of however they are definitely hands off. Mickey is greedy, clearly. I’ll never understand why they did what they did to a Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    I hope players don't attack gamechangers who like the pack, they're entitled to an opinion just as yall are. Haven't watched his video yet though so I'm not sure if thats the case

If you find one that is head over hills for this pack after they play it, let us know. To clarify, I don't think any of them are going to say yes, you have to get this one! run out and get it! Because we can see how poorly this world and it's gameplay really are in just a few minutes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    It was nice watching James play this game. He clearly is excited :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member

He was! Did you hear how many times he started a sentence with, "Ahh!.." Lol. It was funny because he'd just get finished criticizing something and suddenly, "Ahh! Look at this!" :D
    #Team Occult
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

He was! Did you hear how many times he started a sentence with, "Ahh!.." Lol. It was funny because he'd just get finished criticizing something and suddenly, "Ahh! Look at this!" :D

LOL, yeah, it was like watching a kid at Christmas!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

strange....

I thought she had a large following.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

strange....

She does. But she hates playing non-realistic. I remember she complained about the vampire pack. She might have asked not to get this one.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

strange....

She does. But she hates playing non-realistic. I remember she complained about the vampire pack. She might have asked not to get this one.

interesting