Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't flirt with Kylo/Rey

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I've been looking at the GC reviews for JTB and so far I really like what I see but I'm sad that we can't flirt or woohoo with Kylo or Rey :(

Might a modder be able to make this possible? Anyone want to give it a shot?

I was planning on getting my sim knocked up by Kylo. Didn't want to marry him and take him out of his job or anything, just form a romantic relationship and have a baby with him.

I know I have strange priorities :D

ETA: MWHAHAHAHAHA I have discovered that if you remove the trait buff_Batuu_WhitelistSNCP_Kylo with MCCC, you CAN perform romance interactions with Kylo Ren!

It seems that he stays as an NPC in the Kylo Ren role so long as you do not delete the traits buff_Batuu_SNCP_Kylo_Role and buff_Batuu_FirstOrder_Mission_Giver and buff_Batuu_Kylo_identifier.
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    Without the pack, I can't get in and use the Sim Info or MCCC mods to get a look at what traits and flags Kylo and Rey have, but I suspect it would have been easier for the developers to make Kylo and Rey like a regular sim and then put in some traits that make them unreceptive to certain social interactions, rather than to make an entirely new type of sim that doesn't have that ability.

So maybe--maybe--it'd just be a matter of going in with MCCC and removing the limiting trait or flag. If it's more complex than that, I'm sure some modder could fix it, but it'd be beyond my current ability.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I've been looking at the GC reviews for JTB and so far I really like what I see but I'm sad that we can't flirt or woohoo with Kylo or Rey :(

I was planning on getting my sim knocked up by Kylo. Didn't want to marry him and take him out of his job or anything, just form a romantic relationship and have a baby with him.

Just ask someone to upload him to the gallery, and then probably in case you don’t get the pack, it’ll make him flirtable? Saves you $20 to try
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Modders might be able to make it happen. If they have a specific trait then you should be able to remove it.

But don't tell Disney that. They were most likely the one's who made sure that we could not romance them.

We simmers have some strange priorities indeed :D
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Modders might be able to make it happen. If they have a specific trait then you should be able to remove it.

But don't tell Disney that. They were most likely the one's who made sure that we could not romance them.

Hey if they had Obi-Wan or Luke I MOST certainly would wanna flirt and woo them!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I have a feeling because of Disney’s tight control over their image and marketing this may be a nearly un-mod-able pack. Especially when it comes to those mods which shall not be named. Zerbu already posted on Twitter they cannot mod it to be a livable world because there are no lots. I mean this is seriously a massive disappointment.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

Just ask someone to upload him to the gallery, and then probably in case you don’t get the pack, it’ll make him flirtable? Saves you $20 to try

Thanks but I want the pack for more reasons than just flirting with Kylol lol. My main reason is that I think the gameplay aspect of it looks fun :)

I know I could just save him to my library and then have him live with my sim but I kind of wanted to have my sim flirt with him while he is in his role as First Order leader, you know? Makes it more fun.
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member

Hey if they had Obi-Wan or Luke I MOST certainly would wanna flirt and woo them!

Hahaha 😍

Padme in my case. Or her double 🥰

Fingers crossed someone makes it happen! I do worry that Kylo might not have a proper face under that mask though, like the Grim Reaper.

I guess I just like my sims being able to flirt/procreate with interesting NPCs. I was so disappointed when I found out that you couldn't have a baby with Grim in TS4... But at least you can flirt with him and I found a way to have a baby with him using MCCC.
    kemowery wrote: »
    Without the pack, I can't get in and use the Sim Info or MCCC mods to get a look at what traits and flags Kylo and Rey have, but I suspect it would have been easier for the developers to make Kylo and Rey like a regular sim and then put in some traits that make them unreceptive to certain social interactions, rather than to make an entirely new type of sim that doesn't have that ability.

So maybe--maybe--it'd just be a matter of going in with MCCC and removing the limiting trait or flag. If it's more complex than that, I'm sure some modder could fix it, but it'd be beyond my current ability.

Oh nice idea! I will see if I can use MCCC to make it work, thanks :)
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    “Yes, of course my senator, of course we can go to the massage table, yes the massage chair too”
    edited September 2020

I have a feeling because of Disney’s tight control over their image and marketing this may be a nearly un-mod-able pack. Especially when it comes to those mods which shall not be named. Zerbu already posted on Twitter they cannot mod it to be a livable world because there are no lots. I mean this is seriously a massive disappointment.

Oh, that's interesting...and really bad. What did he mean by no lots though? It works the same as the magic realm, there is one lot in each neighborhood and you can mod it with bb.enablefreebuild. James Turner edited the First Order lot in his video. Maybe he meant that it does not look the same in the game files as another world.

And I assume that Kylo Ren and Rey are hidden sims, there are mods that can show hidden sims, and then you could spawn them in the real world, but maybe Maxis added something so that you could not do that.

Ah you may be right :( it's not the end of the world if we can't flirt with Kylo/Rey, just thought it'd be fun!

Hmm I don't have the mod that cannot be named which begins with a W but I do wonder if that might actually override certain settings and allow you to woohoo Kylo/Rey. Like you said though, probably not.
    quinhobp wrote: »

Hahaha 😍

Padme in my case. Or her double 🥰

Padme is stunning I don't blame you!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I wonder if Maxis would be able to upload a standard version of the NPCs to the Gallery for those who want them in their regular Sim worlds.

I love to fiddle around in CAS. If they don't become available, I might have a go at creating some characters myself, including originals. I need a good Han or Lando in my game for my space traveler. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Honestly, I don't even think it's any Disney intervention that prevents you from doing anything with those characters as if they're normal sims. Aren't they tied to the pack's story quests? If so then changing them in any big way (romance, marriage, death, children, appearance changes) could possibly break said story.

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have gone that route. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder if Maxis would be able to upload a standard version of the NPCs to the Gallery for those who want them in their regular Sim worlds.

I love to fiddle around in CAS. If they don't become available, I might have a go at creating some characters myself, including originals. I need a good Han or Lando in my game for my space traveler. <3

I wonder that too, I like to go around in live mode and edit sims with TwistedMexi's cheats, I wonder what will happen if I do that on Kylo Ren or Rey, maybe they have even disabled cheats for this pack?

As for the creator of the mod that shall not be named, he is insanely skilled so I think that he could make it happen, it might not be worth it if Disney would get angry though.

I'm sure people will go into cas.fulleditmode and upload Rey and Kylo to the gallery (if that cheat works on them) but I guess they still maybe unable to flirt/have kids.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't even think it's any Disney intervention that prevents you from doing anything with those characters as if they're normal sims. Aren't they tied to the pack's story quests? If so then changing them in any big way (romance, marriage, death, children, appearance changes) could possibly break said story.

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have done that. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.

I agree, this pack seems even more structured than StrangerVille, so I think they put a tighter leash on it in terms of flexible gameplay. And I totally see why. They knew a lot of players wouldn't want to see these characters show up at the romance festival or ice skating or anything so they probably had to code it in a much more restrictive way. Even food vendors were left out because the coding for that usually summons a known townie so it would be weird to see Dina Caliente or whoever working the stand in Batuu, lol.

And while I also really hate rabbit hole locations, I can see why these choices were made. I personally would have preferred integration with my "regular" Sims and to have more playable lots in Batuu, but I don't play realistically at all, so I'm not exactly the standard player.
    #Team Occult
    edited September 2020

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have gone that route. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.

Yeah I see why they have done this too but I feel like they could have made them able to perform romance interactions like the Grim Reaper can but not able to marry or move in with your sim.

Also I don't think there would have been a problem with making them able to woohoo. And Kylo could have been able to get other sims pregnant though of course Rey getting pregnant would have to be impossible.

I've used MCCC to make my sims pregnant with the Grim Reaper's baby (while he is still in the Grim Reaper role) on many occasions and it has never broken my game.

So while I think it's pretty dumb that you don't have the option to do that, I can at least understand why they might have done that. It's one of the only restrictions this game puts on itself where I kinda get it. Course this could have been easily solved by doing away with the narrative altogether and just letting simmers craft their own stories like they've always done but that's a totally different subject.

I agree, this pack seems even more structured than StrangerVille, so I think they put a tighter leash on it in terms of flexible gameplay. And I totally see why. They knew a lot of players wouldn't want to see these characters show up at the romance festival or ice skating or anything so they probably had to code it in a much more restrictive way. Even food vendors were left out because the coding for that usually summons a known townie so it would be weird to see Dina Caliente or whoever working the stand in Batuu, lol.

And while I also really hate rabbit hole locations, I can see why these choices were made. I personally would have preferred integration with my "regular" Sims and to have more playable lots in Batuu, but I don't play realistically at all, so I'm not exactly the standard player.

Yeah I'm glad they've made it so that townie won't turn up in Batuu! It can be weird seeing them in the Magic Realm.

Yeah, I've had various versions of Rey, Luke, Han, Kylo Ren, Leia, Finn, and Poe downloaded off the gallery for a while, and I recently found a version of Rose that I downloaded as well. Once I've run through all the faction gameplay, I'm almost certainly going to put the characters into the game.* I think the Black Spire Outpost stuff officially takes place between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, and as ever my intention is to ignore The Rise of Skywalker and make up my own ending. Probably with a Finn/Rose/Rey/Poe polycule. Not enough stories end with all the heroes forming a polycule.

* It remains to be seen whether modders will find a way to make it possible to remove Rey & the rest from Batuu without breaking the game, but if they do I might also look into how to update the appearance of the "official" characters to look like the ones in my gallery downloads, which generally look a lot better.

I'm certain it was a Disney requirement, and I'm certain the devs knew romancing Kylo and Rey was going to be like the very first thing simmers wanted to do. But when you're working with someone else's IP, they get to set the rules. I expect we'll see some comments about how if the devs wanted to they could have put that in, that they don't understand what the fans want, etc., but this is going to be one of those things where if they didn't do it the way Disney wanted, Disney would just take their ball and go home.

I suspect a lot of the things people aren't going to like about this pack--no romancing the movie characters, no owning a home on Batuu, no killing, and so forth--aren't because the devs didn't think that should be in there but because Disney wanted going to Batuu in The Sims to be a lot like going to Batuu in Galaxy's Edge. And three things Disney would not look kindly upon if you went to the park are trying to stay there forever, trying to kill people for backing the wrong faction (or for any reason, really), and trying to hook up with cast members.

Like I said, I'm not surprised there's no lots that can be made livable. Disney probably said that wasn't allowed even though I'm sure the devs knew we'd want it (and the most you can do in those situations is try to convince the IP owner that they're wrong; you can't do it the way you think it should be done and tell them they have to live with it).

But aside from no livable lots, I would be very surprised if the pack were unmoddable.

Almost certainly, Disney gave EA a list of things they could do, a list of things they had to do, and a list of things they couldn't do. But it's almost inconceivable that Disney dictated the code. They're interested in the end result, not in the nuts and bolts of programming it. And programmers and developers are a lazy bunch. When we have code that works, we'll want to reuse it rather than reinvent the wheel for every new project. And especially in a game as huge and complex as The Sims, I can't imagine the developers would decide to invent some entirely new type of sim for the movie characters rather than just use the same code and tricks they know already work for that sort of thing.

Disney might say that they don't want players to be able to tell certain types of stories with the pack, but they can't really dictate that EA makes it impossible for end-users to modify the game in a way Disney wouldn't approve of.

So I suspect Rey and Kylo Ren are going to remain unromanceable for about as long as it takes for a modder to figure out what bits make them unromanceable and write a mod that removes those bits.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2020
    It makes sense. If they're quest givers it seems likely that being able to marry, and presumably move them into a playable household, them breaks the quests.
    kemowery wrote: »
    So I suspect Rey and Kylo Ren are going to remain unromanceable for about as long as it takes for a modder to figure out what bits make them unromanceable and write a mod that removes those bits.

I really hope that a modder does manage to make it possible to romance Rey and Kylo. Maybe I shouldn't be too optimistic though as to my knowledge there is no mod which allows you to kiss/woohoo/try for a baby with the Grim Reaper and I'd have thought there would be a lot of demand for that (or maaaaaybe that's just something that weird little me would like to do haha).