Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbellas review

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So how come tho some gamechangers didn’t get the early release. Lilsimsie and Springsims didn’t get. Are times tough for EA they couldn’t give away a code either 🤣
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    The fact that it’s an advertisement for Disney Is probably what turns me off about this pack the most, and I’m an annual pass holder to Disney World. It just feels so icky, like no ma’am I do not want to spend $20 to have you advertise to me. I get enough dang emails from Disney.
    Post edited by Komura on
    edited September 2020
    double post error
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    Watch everyone pretend its amazing and just what they wanted anyway

Because they don’t want to admit they were wrong & look like a fool defending it as hard as they have lol

It happens every time, we tried to tell them...and they just lump us together as darn dirty trolls.

They will still justify it watch. Just wait lol

Let me be the first. :D

My intentions for this pack was to complete all the missions and then treat it as a vacation world. Those are still my intentions after seeing the Let's Plays. I'm no less excited to play it although I do understand some will be disappointed. Especially the builders.

I do sincerely hope that those of you getting it will in fact find joy in it. I don't take pleasure in other people's disappointment at all and I am positive that the art style inconsistency will be fixed in a patch.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Komura wrote: »

Because they don’t want to admit they were wrong & look like a fool defending it as hard as they have lol

It happens every time, we tried to tell them...and they just lump us together as darn dirty trolls.

My intentions for this pack was to complete all the missions and then treat it as a vacation world. Those are still my intentions after seeing the Let's Plays. I'm no less excited to play it although I do understand some will be disappointed. Especially the builders.

This doesn’t feel like Star Wars to me. Just straight up a copy of the amusement park which should of been the original of the pack. That “world” isn’t even a real Star Wars world. I do hope you enjoy the pack though but for me it’s gotten more disappointing especially since it’s obviously a marketing tool for Disneyland.

The fact that it’s an advertisement for Disney Is probably what turns me off about this pack the most, and I’m an annual pass holder to Disney World. It just feels so icky, like no ma’am I do not want to spend $20 to have you advertise to me. I get enough dang emails from Disney.

Exactly how I feel & I love Disney. I have my annual pass also but I really don’t like the fact that Star Wars & now Disneyland is being shoved into my game. I hope everyone who wanted it enjoys it but I stand right that it’s obviously lackluster & I do hope this pack gets the worst rep in the history of the sims so they can learn & stop giving me unnecessary packs to buy. I say me because I don’t want to use the word “us” since were a minority here on the forums. That guru made the worst decision ever & I hope she learns to listen to the community better after this fail

This doesn’t feel like Star Wars to me. Just straight up a copy of the amusement park which should of been the original of the pack. That “world” isn’t even a real Star Wars world. I do hope you enjoy the pack though but for me it’s gotten more disappointing especially since it’s obviously a marketing tool for Disneyland.

Exactly how I feel & I love Disney. I have my annual pass also but I really don’t like the fact that Star Wars & now Disneyland is being shoved into my game. I hope everyone who wanted it enjoys it but I stand right that it’s obviously lackluster & I do hope this pack gets the worst rep in the history of the sims so they can learn & stop giving me unnecessary packs to buy. I say me because I don’t want to use the word “us” since were a minority here on the forums

I hope so too, I already know there are tons of people disappointed and let down by this. But I really hope those who buy it have fun with it for what it is. I’m actually glad EA didn’t just throw the pack out like I thought they were, I felt really bad thinking of all the people who would blindly buy it thinking they were getting a Jedi trait and new aliens.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    what i will truly say, is that for the people who are excited about the pack i hope they enjoy it and i hope the Sims team doesn’t leave them disappointed :-)
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Exactly how I feel & I love Disney. I have my annual pass also but I really don’t like the fact that Star Wars & now Disneyland is being shoved into my game. I hope everyone who wanted it enjoys it but I stand right that it’s obviously lackluster & I do hope this pack gets the worst rep in the history of the sims so they can learn & stop giving me unnecessary packs to buy. I say me because I don’t want to use the word “us” since were a minority here on the forums

A much nicer way of putting things @Justin :) I don't agree on you are the minority though as we are all such mixed baggage on here. My preference does run to farms or vacations but I didn't mind them adding in something different for those that wanted it. The same way I didn't complain about vampires (which I really don't like at all). Some wanted Space but don't like the Star Wars theme.

If I buy it I will probably follow the plan like others and turn it into a holiday destination/theme park. While I patiently (not always) wait for horses to make a return. Happy Simming

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

I hope so too, I already know there are tons of people disappointed and let down by this. But I really hope those who buy it have fun with it for what it is. I’m actually glad EA didn’t just throw the pack out like I thought they were, I felt really bad thinking of all the people who would blindly buy it thinking they were getting a Jedi trait and new aliens.

If we could of been a Jedi or sith then the pack would of been an instant buy for me despite the BB objects & cas I wouldn’t use. At least it would be some “occult” type I can play in my game & work around with my family/fantasy gameplay. But there’s nothing shown here that I will use or care for . Again, for something the team is obviously defending & not seeing the problem of why this pack is receiving as much backlash as possible , I hope it fails. You can’t even whoohoo with Kylo! Lol.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well, i havent had any kind of interest in this gamepack like at all, but somehow i still feel dissapointed as well I was kinda hoping those 'aliens' are a new kind of occult or maybe temporary occult etc as a way to justify the gamepack, but nada it's just costume imagine seeing townies going about their business with those outfits/masks.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    edited September 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »

A much nicer way of putting things @Justin :) I don't agree on you are the minority though as we are all such mixed baggage on here. My preference does run to farms or vacations but I didn't mind them adding in something different for those that wanted it. The same way I didn't complain about vampires (which I really don't like at all). Some wanted Space but don't like the Star Wars theme.

If I buy it I will probably follow the plan like others and turn it into a holiday destination/theme park. While I patiently (not always) wait for horses to make a return. Happy Simming

I still believe they should of gone with an actual space pack based on sixam & give Star Wars references rather then something dedicated to the franchise & honestly it’s hardly even Star Wars anyway. This would of probably been better received also if it was the actual theme park with rollercoasters & what not. Even if it was rabbit hole I wouldn’t have cared. But there’s hardly gameplay value for myself. We need more sims lore not branded lore . Especially if it’s a linear story line that you can hardly change .

Edited : I also want horses to return. My mermaid needs her unicorn back lol

I still believe they should of gone with an actual space pack based on sixam & give Star Wars references rather then something dedicated to the franchise & honestly it’s hardly even Star Wars anyway. This would of probably been better received also if it was the actual theme park with rollercoasters & what not. Even if it was rabbit hole I wouldn’t have cared. But there’s hardly gameplay value for myself. We need more sims lore not branded lore . Especially if it’s a linear story line that you can hardly change .

I’d literally give my entire legacy family for unicorns and horses again.

A price has to be paid for unicorns I suppose lol

It was the least dramatic option I could think of :D

“An Avacado! Thanks...”

It was the least dramatic option I could think of :D

nIlB2A8.jpg

Your legacy family when the time comes lol
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    And I am facepalming at my friend who is still going to buy it for "story purposes."....also telling me that Plumbella has been wrong and other changers say the pack isn't that bad.....SMH.....It's alright that she enjoys it...but :(...every good argument I had for her she would hit me right back saying "It can't be that bad, I still wanna try it." :/ Okay enjoy it...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would be interested in hearing what someone who doesn't play the sims think about this. I am going to watch someone stream it on twitch when it releases who have never played the sims before but he got interested when they added Star Wars...

Me, who have played the game since 2014 feels that this pack is the completely wrong direction that I want for the sims. And Plumbella is right on all her points.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The forums: Game Changers don't speak for us!

Also the forums: This Game Changer's review validates my opinion as the singular, objective truth!
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Also the forums: This Game Changer's review validates my opinion as the singular, objective truth!

Well I don't know about you but I AM not wasting my money to find out if they are telling the truth or not...

:/ Such another snarky comment.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Well I don't know about you but I AM not wasting my money to find out if they are telling the truth or not...

:/

I think everybody knows this.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > And I am facepalming at my friend who is still going to buy it for "story purposes."....also telling me that Plumbella has been wrong and other changers say the pack isn't that bad.....SMH.....It's alright that she enjoys it...but :(...every good argument I had for her she would hit me right back saying "It can't be that bad, I still wanna try it." :/ Okay enjoy it...

This pack wasnt my speed even when i didnt know how lacking it was. But now? Aint no way. It has NOTHING. Nothing!! Not lots to build on. So its ONLY a day trip. No new life states. The "gameplay" is more of that stale "go here , do this" with ZERO reward other than a trash 🐸🐸🐸🐸 light saber ! & its mostly just rabbitholes and yet ANOTHER bar! Bars! Because they're just soooo fun! Sims 4 sims are nothing but a bunch of pitiful alcoholics apparently. Not that i have anything against alcoholics, i love my margaritas and Daiquiris and occasional wine, but thats really all they ever include in these worlds. Lame 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bars!

Lmao so true, because there are “some who speak the truth”. Most of them are pretty annoying and overrated
    I say this not as a hater but as someone genuinely curious. It makes sense to pick up the phone for a holiday in Selvadorada or Granite Falls... But like immediately my immersion would be ruined by having to pick up the phone and call Star Wars, like I get it, this is a silly thing to be picking on, but I don’t like it.