Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

18th Stuff Pack Placeholder Leaked

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Do you remember SP05 placeholder ?

https://simscommunity.info/2015/09/01/leak-the-sims-4-stuff-pack-5-listed-on-origin/

Leak : September 1, 2015
    Release date : January 12, 2016 (4 months later)

Good to know. So it might still be quite a while.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Simbastien wrote: »
    I think Happy Haunts could be a game pack if they flesh it out enough
    I would love to get Happy Haunts for October, but us getting that exact pack when votes for arts and crafts turned into a niche pack for knitting makes me question it lol
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Happy Haunts should be a GP offering a Hades-world, a pit beast, fears, pottery (because Ghost o:) ) and a ghost CAS overhaul in a free update.

I’d rather not see a SP replace a potential EP release this year. If it’s both, then great!
    Substantial bug fixes and free updates first though! For the love of all.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited September 2020
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    Do you remember SP05 placeholder ?

https://simscommunity.info/2015/09/01/leak-the-sims-4-stuff-pack-5-listed-on-origin/

Leak : September 1, 2015
    Release date : January 12, 2016 (4 months later)

Some of us even commented in the thread that discussed the leak last time.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852739/origin-leaks-stuff-pack-five/p1

Very interesting, they skipped SP04 which was released on September 29, 2015.
    It was probably a mistake so that means SP18 could be released in September.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I would love to get Happy Haunts for October, but us getting that exact pack when votes for arts and crafts turned into a niche pack for knitting makes me question it lol

I am sure Happy Haunts will come sooner or later. I hope it so much for the occult players!
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    what if they made Happy Haunts too and it comes out just in time for Halloween?
    that would be sooooo awesome (Imnotgettingmyhopesup, Imnotgettingmyhopesup,nope).

Seeing as the arts & crafts vote turned out to be knitting, I can't imagine that happy haunts would be much more exciting than spooky stuff as a stuff pack. The concept is just too big to squish into one or two gameplay objects imo. But with the level of excitement that theme got I would hope they'd consider it for a game pack or something, it would be cool to see
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't have an opinion without more information. With the time of year, I think it could be Happy Haunts.

I'm open to finding out what it is.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited September 2020
    SailorFrog wrote: »
    Sims guru Lindsay did say there will be an update on the new skin tones in a couple weeks, which is after journey to battu releases, so maybe the skin tones will come as a patch with stuff pack 18? Hope the skin tones aren't the pack itself

She made the following clarification though:
    <a href=" 1 2020</a>

So only NEWS are coming not the actual skintones update. And I do not think leaked SP have to do something with it.

Regarding this SP... It may be an unpopular opinion, but imo since SimGuruConor take on the SP department they became better. Each one has not only the gameplay object, but whole game-play system expansion. So while all Game Packs and Expansion Packs rolling downhill I welcome any SP on the horizon.

Overall the hole situation for several recent day look very wired to me. No Q&A, no stream announcement, zero info on patch, leak that's not dealt with for a long time (so even preorder is possible), silence on 6th year.... This may be just working from home issues, or signs that things are not going well (((
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Bath room stuff would be cool and much needed. With a hair dryer as gameplay object that makes more hairstyles/colors available.

Yes! I'm currently running a Drag Race-themed series on my YT, and would LOVE to see the queens using hair dryers at their makeup stations.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited September 2020
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    SailorFrog wrote: »
    Sims guru Lindsay did say there will be an update on the new skin tones in a couple weeks, which is after journey to battu releases, so maybe the skin tones will come as a patch with stuff pack 18? Hope the skin tones aren't the pack itself
    nly NEWS are coming not the actual skintones update. And I do not think leaked SP have to do something with it.

Regarding this SP... It may be an unpopular opinion, but imo since SimGuruConor take on the SP department they became better. Each one has not only the gameplay object, but whole game-play system expansion. So while all Game Packs and Expansion Packs rolling downhill I welcome any SP on the horizon.

SimGuruConnor should just get to be the team leader and make all of the decisions... He was so excited about his Knitting pack when he showed it to us in the life stream... The other devs usually aren't that excited and you can clearly see they don't play the game.

Best example: Why can't you drag and drop Holidays in the calendar? It's really a pain in the *** to remake them every time the calendar gets messed up because you change the length of the seasons... Or you just want them to be later in your game and reschedule them etc., it's so tedious to remake them!
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited September 2020
    Happy Haunts should be a GP offering a Hades-world, a pit beast, fears, pottery (because Ghost o:) ) and a ghost CAS overhaul in a free update.

That would definitely have potential. I honestly think that Happy Haunts won't work unless it's a GP and we get all the different options that were suggested in the community poll. I'm not that fussed about the Grim Reaper career, and I'm not interested in becoming a ghostbuster - I rarely played that career in Sims 3 - but but the other stuff definitely interests me, and more so if it comes with a Hades/Greek underworld neighbourhood.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    some more boring furniture. yay!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    Well after a lot of the sims news/releases for this year I’m now at a point where I’m not fussed. For me I’ve actually preferred the stuff packs this year and got a lot from them so I hope this is a theme I will like. I don’t know what to make of this placeholder and what it may mean, I’m feeling so dissatisfied with the latest sims news right now. I’m at the point now where I want to switch off from new releases/news and just focus on my gameplay.

For me Tiny Living was really meh. I know lots of others were excited for it, especially game changers were (the ones I watch and I mainly watch builders). Eco Living was okay... Thought it was meh at first, but when they showed the gameplay in the stream, I thought it was okay, the trash can thing is still buggy though. Knitting was great. Honestly, I really enjoy it and it's fine. It's not over-the-top-great like toddlers were and the toddler stuff pack, but it is pretty decent. Star Wars is just stupid and well, I do hope for babies in 2020...

I agree with knitting it was a very well done stuff pack. Personally I really liked tiny living it was the first and only trailer since island living which got me excited. Eco lifestyle is very buggy in my game and although I appreciate the concept and theme I feel it had more to give. I'm all for new ideas and everyone having their own opinions on packs. We all like different things and play the game in different ways. Personally I don't like the star wars pack and feel other themes should have come before it. After seeing the gamechangers videos I think it should have been a spin off. I'm just getting fed up of some of the toxic comments about the gurus, pack and the game in general on all social media platforms.
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm already prepared for a dissapointment

Me before every date ever
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited September 2020
    *puts on world's tiniest tin foil hat*

What if the next stuff pack is a wedding/romance pack? They just patched in the option to elope in destination worlds. I just tested it hoping sims could use the wedding arch but nope boo. Anyway, yeah that's my random theory. But then again it's hard to tell where the game is going considering the latest packs.
    lunaoddity wrote: »

What if the next stuff pack is a wedding/romance pack? They just patched in the option to elope in destination worlds. I just tested it hoping sims could use the wedding arch but nope boo. Anyway, yeah that's my random theory. But then again it's hard to tell where the game is going considering the latest packs.

You can't put the wedding arch in a community lot in, say Selvadorada?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

That's probably their idea of a wedding/romance update.
    edited September 2020

Yes, but the game says you can't use it because it's a destination world. The option to elope only applies to the "get married" interaction under the romance category *rolls eyes*. I tested it at the Granite Falls camping site.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Yes, but the game says you can't use it because it's a destination world. The option to elope only applies to the "get married" interaction under the romance category *rolls eyes*. I tested it at the Granite Falls camping site.

wait WHAT!?
    Correction: There's a general option to "elope." That's it. Pics below:
    JssVtjX.png

H8pkwhE.png

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Is this a joke?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    JssVtjX.png

H8pkwhE.png
    It’s suprising this wasn’t possible
    edited September 2020

That's probably their idea of a wedding/romance update.

True. 6 years in TS4 and still no romance. No slow dancing or couples snuggling while they sleep at the least. Every in-game cuddle interaction has a timer. "Okay 5 seconds are up. Let's stop cuddling on the couch/ in the hot tub."

Thank you. Odd that the wedding Arch doesn't work. I suppose it's only useful if the sim invites the entire family, which I assume is not possible in a vacation world. Eloping does the same thing without the arch.
    edited September 2020

Thank you. Odd that the wedding Arch doesn't work. I suppose it's only useful if the sim invites the entire family, which I assume is not possible in a vacation world. Eloping does the same thing without the arch.

I always use the wedding arch because I love throwing wedding parties and taking pictures. I was hoping to at least use the wedding arch in destination worlds. Would be easy to send a household on vacation to witness the ceremony. On the bright side the Selvadorada waterfalls should make a lovely spot for elopement. I might use it there.