Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORKING ON GETTING THIS TAKEN DOWN - If you don't like Journey to Batuu, just don't buy it.....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    The last thing this community needs is more friction and hate between each other, why do a lot of people not understand that trashing the game or SimGuru's doesn't help anyone/anything and only hurts pple. If you want an emotional outlet then talk to your friends about it, ranting on social media makes you look immature.

You WILL NOT silence my voice just because I have negative feedback. We have been silent enough...we WON'T be silent.

Nobody has ever silenced feedback, positive or negative. Ranting and rudeness is something else altogether. How can you not understand that?

Seriously. "We will not be silenced" screamed the most prolific posters on the forum. :D

Do you mind?
    Y'all are so snarky to any of us that have negative feedback for them.

They do mind actually. Because they don’t believe anyone should be able to speak up for themselves & we should all just sit back & take it like they do.

Yeah, that's it, that's my goal -- to remove the ability for people to speak up for themselves on a forum dedicated to a video game.

....now a sarcastic comment..Snarky and sarcastic...trying to flavoring and switch it up a little.

All these flavors & they choose to be salty. Lmao

The sims is trying to attract a younger audience, it has been pretty clear over the past few years. I don't really like this because I rather just had the crazy and silly-ness of the earlier games.

The earlier games also attracted the younger audience. It sure as heck did so for me & im sure a lot of other people who have been around since it first came out. I miss the quirky sillyness. I also miss those creepy phone calls you would get. Those were the scariest for me lol

Sort of. The game was a satire of American consumerism and the disposeability of people therin, much of which was above the ken of your average child. The Sims 2 could often be downright raunchy, but you're not entirely wrong that much of that content has been whittled away in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.

If they brought back what made those games great I would be happy. But I just feel the magic of what made those games have been lost for some time now. That’s just how I feel & why I’m disappointed with this pack. Everyone who likes it I’m happy for them. But it’s not what I think is needed atm.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    The last thing this community needs is more friction and hate between each other, why do a lot of people not understand that trashing the game or SimGuru's doesn't help anyone/anything and only hurts pple. If you want an emotional outlet then talk to your friends about it, ranting on social media makes you look immature.

You WILL NOT silence my voice just because I have negative feedback. We have been silent enough...we WON'T be silent.

Nobody has ever silenced feedback, positive or negative. Ranting and rudeness is something else altogether. How can you not understand that?

Seriously. "We will not be silenced" screamed the most prolific posters on the forum. :D

Do you mind?
    Y'all are so snarky to any of us that have negative feedback for them.

They do mind actually. Because they don’t believe anyone should be able to speak up for themselves & we should all just sit back & take it like they do.

Yeah, that's it, that's my goal -- to remove the ability for people to speak up for themselves on a forum dedicated to a video game.

....now a sarcastic comment..Snarky and sarcastic...trying to flavoring and switch it up a little.

All these flavors & they choose to be salty. Lmao

The sims is trying to attract a younger audience, it has been pretty clear over the past few years. I don't really like this because I rather just had the crazy and silly-ness of the earlier games.

The earlier games also attracted the younger audience. It sure as heck did so for me & im sure a lot of other people who have been around since it first came out. I miss the quirky sillyness. I also miss those creepy phone calls you would get. Those were the scariest for me lol

Sort of. The game was a satire of American consumerism and the disposeability of people therin, much of which was above the ken of your average child. The Sims 2 could often be downright raunchy, but you're not entirely wrong that much of that content has been whittled away in The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.

If they brought back what made this games great I would be happy. But I just feel the magic of what made those games have been lost for some time now. That’s just how I feel & why I’m disappointed with this pack. Everyone who likes it I’m happy for them. But it’s not what I think is needed atm.

Perhaps. I've got a theory about it, but I don't think I'll be sharing it. Not with you anyhow -- I don't think that it would be productive. No offense intended.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Again, I am trying to get this taken down. In fact, it appears that the thread is not even my own anymore. I will flag it again. I want this to stop. I wasn't trying to silence anyone. Companies need to know what they need to do better, but we can choose to do it without anger. I want the Sims 4 to improve. I never said for any one to "shut up". I just wanted to have a civil discussion. I failed in that. I desperately want this thread taken down.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I know this may be a hard pill for some of y’all to swallow but people who have spent their time and their money on this game are allowed to criticize it. This company and these developers don’t need your protection because at the end of the day all they care about is money. This backlash means nothing to them. They’re going to make whatever game they want and customers have a right to criticize those decisions.

And I need the people who are excited for this pack to stop victimizing themselves and acting like they’re being bullied. Stop taking criticism of this game as if someone is criticizing you. I’ve seen more people trying to silence those who aren’t excited for this pack than the other way around and I honestly don’t get it. If you’re excited for it then great! Someone else’s dissatisfaction with the game should have no relevance to you.

Hallelujah.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Just wanted to say you make a reasonable point, a lot of people are just frustrated right now and raging is their outlet. It's best to just leave them to their complaining. It's not worth trying to counter their arguments

(also just an fyi, but if you want to get the thread closed and stop people responding its best to just delete the original text and change the title and the content of the post to closed)
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    Again, I am trying to get this taken down. In fact, it appears that the thread is not even my own anymore. I will flag it again. I want this to stop. I wasn't trying to silence anyone. Companies need to know what they need to do better, but we can choose to do it without anger. I want the Sims 4 to improve. I never said for any one to "shut up". I just wanted to have a civil discussion. I failed in that. I desperately want this thread taken down.

You just report it to mods. And say you want it closed. They’re probably off right now though. They’re usually active in the mornings of weekdays. Probably till tomorrow
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I don't like it and I won't buy it. We're mad because they could have used their resources to give the simmers something we've been requesting for years. Instead they pump out this garbage.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I think it's quite okay for the team to take the game in whatever direction they feel is cool. It really is as simple as not buying something if you don't like it. Also, I really don't think they should cave in to an angry crowd. That would be the same as allowing themselves to be bullied into submission. That has to be unacceptable.

Yes, but didn't they do the same thing and "cave in to an angry crowd" over the skin tones tho? If people had not made such a stink about it and demanded it be done, they would have never done it on their own (since people have been asking for this for years and years!)

It's obvious the only reason they did was because they got called out on it on TV and some game changers made a public pitch about.

If not for those reasons, I feel it would not have happened.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    UPDATE - I MADE A MISTAKE POSTING THIS THREAD! I AM TRYING TO GET IT TAKEN DOWN! PLEASE JUST STOP RESPONDING!

I don't understand. If I see something I don't care to buy or I don't like, I just don't buy it. If a company chooses to make something besides what I would like to buy, I am disappointed personally. However, I don't run to the Internet and trash the product, trash the company, trash the employees, or trash the consumers that think the thing is great. So, some of you didn't get cars or better babies or farms or etc. Companies aren't in existence to make sure every single person is happy. They exist to make money. Make money so they can cover expenses, make better and new products, and pay their employees.

I am seeing a lot of "they didn't make what I wanted so EA is evil or greedy or stupid". No one is entitled to get everything they want all the time that they want it.

Also, all of the speculation just sets players up for the fall. The weeks and weeks of "I bet it is going to be X." Is followed by, "I'm pretty sure it is going to be X!" Followed by, "I KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then, of course, it isn't X. It is Y. So, everyone unleashes their disappointment in negative, hurtful comments. Negativity breeds negativity. Next thing you know people that like Journey to Batuu are in a war with the people that don't.

Also, people are mad because they want "more realism" in The Sims 4. I'll save that for another thread because I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed enough by this one. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just asking, "Is a game worth all of the anger I'm seeing?"

This was well said. I've said a similar thing over the years.

When you take a step back it's not just the Sims...people sending hate mail to creators and ruining their careers from Youtube to Hollywood.
    What they did to Dan & Dave was ridiculous after years of some of the best television ever made they were re payed with a level of venom that any objective observer would describe as unnatural. No wonder George is petrified to finish those books.

It's quite terrifying actually.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    UPDATE - I MADE A MISTAKE POSTING THIS THREAD! I AM TRYING TO GET IT TAKEN DOWN! PLEASE JUST STOP RESPONDING!

I don't understand. If I see something I don't care to buy or I don't like, I just don't buy it. If a company chooses to make something besides what I would like to buy, I am disappointed personally. However, I don't run to the Internet and trash the product, trash the company, trash the employees, or trash the consumers that think the thing is great. So, some of you didn't get cars or better babies or farms or etc. Companies aren't in existence to make sure every single person is happy. They exist to make money. Make money so they can cover expenses, make better and new products, and pay their employees.

I am seeing a lot of "they didn't make what I wanted so EA is evil or greedy or stupid". No one is entitled to get everything they want all the time that they want it.

Also, all of the speculation just sets players up for the fall. The weeks and weeks of "I bet it is going to be X." Is followed by, "I'm pretty sure it is going to be X!" Followed by, "I KNOW IT IS GOING TO BE X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then, of course, it isn't X. It is Y. So, everyone unleashes their disappointment in negative, hurtful comments. Negativity breeds negativity. Next thing you know people that like Journey to Batuu are in a war with the people that don't.

Also, people are mad because they want "more realism" in The Sims 4. I'll save that for another thread because I have a feeling I'm going to get flamed enough by this one. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just asking, "Is a game worth all of the anger I'm seeing?"

When you take a step back it's not just the Sims...people sending hate mail to creators and ruining their careers from Youtube to Hollywood.
    What they did to Dan & Dave was ridiculous after years of some of the best television ever made they were re payed with a level of venom that any objective observer would describe as unnatural. No wonder George is petrified to finish those books.

Dan and Dave did that to themselves by airing a half finished product. George RR Martin hasn't published a book from that series since 2011. He was a slow writer long before season 8. There was nothing to repay. I paid my subscription fees. After the fiasco of season 8, I canceled and I will never subscribed to HBO again. They can't handle series or showrunners. It's a clear pattern. I let them know.

TS4 was a half finished product, too. It still is. People are going to let them know, especially when they're acting like it isn't.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Why did you make this thread in the first place? You knew that it would make people annoyed. And my guess is you wanted to see a reaction.
    And btw, I still haven't seen anyone in this thread who's been "angry." They all seem to have good points. No one's attacking you.
    But whatever... :*
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Assumption is such a dangerous thing. It's the bane of understanding and peaceful co-existence.

I'm still waiting for you to show examples of people being bullied for liking the pack. All I'm seeing in this thread is "if you don't like it don't buy it", a few of them from you.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Assumption is such a dangerous thing. It's the bane of understanding and peaceful co-existence.

I'm still waiting for you to show examples of people being bullied for liking the pack. All I'm seeing in this thread is "if you don't like it don't buy it", a few of them from you.

Probably looking for another person to gas light like they have been lately.
    bixters wrote: »
    Why did you make this thread in the first place? You knew that it would make people annoyed. And my guess is you wanted to see a reaction.
    And btw, I still haven't seen anyone in this thread who's been "angry." They all seem to have good points. No one's attacking you.
    But whatever... :*

Just to see if they can rile us up most likely.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    I don’t see anyone being rude to you, everyone’s just trying to explain their perspective. I think you might be the one who hasn’t been listening :/

Yeah people are just answering the question proposed by the op, no one was rude? 😔
    Nobody is being rude, they are just expressing an opinion, be it negative or positive. people who cringe at any negativity are just petrified that their game will go away. Do you really think this huge franchise will crumble due to some negative responses, mine included. I doubt it, have courage, post away and accept the feedback. Everybody has a right to be heard.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I don’t see anyone being rude to you, everyone’s just trying to explain their perspective. I think you might be the one who hasn’t been listening :/

Yeah people are just answering the question proposed by the op, no one was rude? 😔
    Nobody is being rude, they are just expressing an opinion, be it negative or positive. people who cringe at any negativity are just petrified that their game will go away. Do you really think this huge franchise will crumble due to some negative responses, mine included. I doubt it, have courage, post away and accept the feedback. Everybody has a right to be heard.

I was answering the op sorry if it seemed I was addressing the above to you, Edith.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Actually, I agreed with every word you said--bravo!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am actually kind of looking forward to it. I am not the hugest Star Wars fan but it looks fun for my sims to visit.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Dan and Dave did that to themselves by airing a half finished product. George RR Martin hasn't published a book from that series since 2011. He was a slow writer long before season 8. There was nothing to repay. I paid my subscription fees. After the fiasco of season 8, I canceled and I will never subscribed to HBO again. They can't handle series or showrunners. It's a clear pattern. I let them know.

TS4 was a half finished product, too. It still is. People are going to let them know, especially when they're acting like it isn't.

The only thing half baked about those episodes was you din't like what they did with the narrative, the quality of the production didn't change they spent more money than ever before, brought back some of the best directors. You just feel you are a better writer director and producer.The fact that you had a lot of company doesn't diminish the fact that fan reactions are often beyond mere criticism into a sense of entitlement that is neither earned nor deserved.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited September 2020
    [

The only thing half baked about those episodes was you din't like what they did with the narrative, the quality of the production didn't change they spent more money than ever before, brought back some of the best directors. You just feel you are a better writer director and producer.The fact that you had a lot of company doesn't diminish the fact that fan reactions are often beyond mere criticism into a sense of entitlement that is neither earned nor deserved.
    What? What about all the plot holes in the later seasons? The water bottle? The coffee cup? Stories that went nowhere? The poorly-lit battle against the Night King? Arya just jumping out of nowhere to kill the Night King, despite there being no good place to do that and being surrounded by an army? Characters' arcs changing on a dime? Deviations from the book that ended up damaging characters more than helping them? Everything about the Sand Snakes?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    [

What? What about all the plot holes in the later seasons? The water bottle? The coffee cup? Stories that went nowhere? The poorly-lit battle against the Night King? Arya just jumping out of nowhere to kill the Night King, despite there being no good place to do that and being surrounded by an army? Characters' arcs changing on a dime? Deviations from the book that ended up damaging characters more than helping them? Everything about the Sand Snakes?

Don’t forget the fact Jon literally had three lines the he repeated. The dialogue was... yikes.
    edited September 2020

You're hilarious if you think Got had a good ending, it was massively hated. Dan and Dave were FIRED from doing star wars because of how much they butchered it. Got used to be the HEIGHT of pop culture and now it's spoken about in hushed tones.

The season 8 dvd was literally discounted day 1, something that has NEVER happened before. Dan and Dave are STILL the first thing to pop up when you google bad writers, there was a petition with millions of signatures that called for the complete redo of season 8, and the most active game of thrones reddit is Freefolk, a subreddit dedicated to hating on season 8 at this point.

Don't take my word for it though, here's a video that shows every single episode rated on a piano scale. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVR5Ju8gNys

Komura wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    [

Don’t forget the fact Jon literally had three lines the he repeated. The dialogue was... yikes.

She is my QUEEN

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I've read the GoT books and watched the show all the way through season 7. The end.
    #Team Occult
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

I was answering the op sorry if it seemed I was addressing the above to you, Edith.

It’s okay!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top