Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Turns 6 Years Old Today!

Comments

• simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    You’re the first person I’ve seen who has more Sims than I have in one save! I’m glad to hear the game still works well at 300+! I’m at around 250.

I've played only one continuous save since I started playing The Sims 4 and nothing else. My sim world is full of sims by now...

original?v=1.0&px=-1
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not to be *that* person but I'm kinda disappointed by the silence from the team. I get they haven't done much for anniversaries in the past but to not even post a graphic for it is just weird

The day's not over yet. 🙂

True. I forget how far behind US timezones are

Well I guess the day is over. 😀

As far as the insightful thing some use it sarcastically to mean just the opposite. Superficial, shallow, trite, not really contributing to the discussion.

I knew that and its sad it still goes on. Would be better if the dislike button made a return. I feel bad now for some of the insightfuls I have given which were for what was intended in the first place: a good thing. I'll remember to no longer use it.

Man, I feel dumb now. This had me over here thinking 25 people thought I was smart and said powerful things, now I’m sad 25 people think I’m a poo head. Yo I even told my friends xD

You're not alone! I always thought it meant that what you posted was thought provoking. That's good to know! In the future, I'll make sure I don't use on other people's post.

So, basically "Insightful" is a thumbs down or downvote?

I use the buttons properly. We already lost the dislike button and the LOL button (which a lot of people actually used sarcastically), so I think we should continue to use insightful to mean informative. I don't think that many people use it sarcastically.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Not to be *that* person but I'm kinda disappointed by the silence from the team. I get they haven't done much for anniversaries in the past but to not even post a graphic for it is just weird

As far as the insightful thing some use it sarcastically to mean just the opposite. Superficial, shallow, trite, not really contributing to the discussion.

I knew that and its sad it still goes on. Would be better if the dislike button made a return. I feel bad now for some of the insightfuls I have given which were for what was intended in the first place: a good thing. I'll remember to no longer use it.

Man, I feel dumb now. This had me over here thinking 25 people thought I was smart and said powerful things, now I’m sad 25 people think I’m a poo head. Yo I even told my friends xD

You're not alone! I always thought it meant that what you posted was thought provoking. That's good to know! In the future, I'll make sure I don't use on other people's post.

I use the buttons properly. We already lost the dislike button and the LOL button (which a lot of people actually used sarcastically), so I think we should continue to use insightful to mean informative. I don't think that many people use it sarcastically.

Agree. I still use it. And I don't waste time trying to second guess any I might receive.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    simvasion wrote: »
    You’re the first person I’ve seen who has more Sims than I have in one save! I’m glad to hear the game still works well at 300+! I’m at around 250.

I've played only one continuous save since I started playing The Sims 4 and nothing else. My sim world is full of sims by now...

original?v=1.0&px=-1

wow dude that's amazing.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Happy birthday TS4! As much as we hate you, and your bugs, and your minutely sized packs, and your dumb logic, we love you! <3
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 4!🎉🎊🎂

Thank you for the funny Alien abduction male pregnancies.

Thank you for the cool Vampire/Spellcaster powers.

Thank you for beautiful Windenburg, Island & Glimmerbrook.

Thank you for Forgotten Hollow & Strangerville.

Thank you for the cool build tools.

Thank you for the Occult traits for my hybrids.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Wow. 6 years ago, or a little but before that, I made this account to be hyped about The Sims 4. And look at me now. 😂 🤡 A clown.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Agree. I still use it. And I don't waste time trying to second guess any I might receive.

Me as well. I use it for its intended purpose and I'm not going to bother about why someone clicked it on my own posts, lol. I don't think the majority of users use it maliciously anyway, so why give in to the few who use it to be petty? Honestly, when used out of context, it just makes me think people don't know how to spell or define the word properly, lol.

And, clicking it gives forum users points either way so...there's that. :D
    #Team Occult
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Me as well. I use it for its intended purpose and I'm not going to bother about why someone clicked it on my own posts, lol. I don't think the majority of users use it maliciously anyway, so why give in to the few who use it to be petty? Honestly, when used out of context, it just makes me think people don't know how to spell or define the word properly, lol.

And, clicking it gives forum users points either way so...there's that. :D

Very insightful. 👍
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member

Don't be sad. I gave you an awesome to make up for it. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This insightful thing is honestly something I never knew or thought about, nor am I going to start thinking about it lol. 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Insightful if you go by the true definition is not necessarily negative it is about knowing certain topics example; someone that is knowledgeable about computers that person can be considered insightful.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    They could at least give us an eyeball hat to match the eyeball ring so our townies could match...
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims 4. Despite a rocky beginning you have given me lots of fun game play hours, here's to many more.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Did we get a sale today? I doubt that's something they could cancel on a dime.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited September 2020
    simvasion wrote: »

original?v=1.0&px=-1

Glad to know that I'm not riding alone on a bloated save of sims. Almost all of them have received a makeover too.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

It does often get used as a downvote, which is why I don't personally give them out. A lot of people who don't know about it think they're compliments, and I don't think that's necessary to do.

I've been on this forum since ts3 days and never knew this was a thing. For the record I don't give them out that often but all the insightfuls i've ever given have been genuine. This is why we can't have things! :/
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hmm. I only give them out when I genuinely mean it - the intended meaning, that is. The world is already shallow and hard to figure out. Might as well just be honest and straighforward.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Happy anniversary! We might get a new stuff pack announcement? Just speculation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQkMvXvp8RI

MY FIRST STAR WARS STUFF :)

Stop :'(:'(:'( it’s totally gonna be Sims FIFA stuff
    I would love for some serious sports for Sims to play together. I love Hockey and Football and Volleyball and Tennis.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I didn't start participating in the forum until the Sims 4 release. I've "met" some wonderful simmers here and I'm grateful to you for making this whole experience one of the best.
    Same for me too. I didn't join until December 2014. Back then I was in intense pain thinking I only had a month to live and wishing for toddlers. Just happy to still be alive and meet nice Simmers like you.

Happy Anniversary and this was one of my favorite pictures they did for an anniversary.
    3t5hpwfzkmcx.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I gotta say if the creators of the game don't care enough to acknowledge it I have to wonder why I should care about it. This makes me appreciate blizzard a little more.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    edited September 2020
    bixters wrote: »

I love her so much~

EDIT : Okay someone gave me an insightful just FOR THIS?! Someone really doesn't like me no matter what I post.

Is insightful a bad thing? Doesn't it just mean your comment was thoughtful and interesting? I didn't do it btw :D

No it is not a bad thing. When we first lost the dislike button a few (very few) started using it that way. No one pays attention to that anymore at least as far as I know. Insightful is a good thing.

And I don't know how Kae even knows how someone doesn't like her/his post in the first place by someone hitting insightful unless they know they have posted something distasteful or rude.
    bixters wrote: »

I love her so much~

EDIT : Okay someone gave me an insightful just FOR THIS?! Someone really doesn't like me no matter what I post.

Is insightful a bad thing? Doesn't it just mean your comment was thoughtful and interesting? I didn't do it btw :D

No it is not a bad thing. When we first lost the dislike button a few (very few) started using it that way. No one pays attention to that anymore at least as far as I know. Insightful is a good thing.

And I don't know how Kae even knows how someone doesn't like her/his post in the first place by someone hitting insightful unless they know they have posted something distasteful or rude.

I'm pretty sure some people do still use it in a negative way. You can tell by reading the post, if it's not particularly insightful but it's got insightful points...

Exactly xD
    cause in point I got an insightful when I said that I loved Plumbella....like how is this informative...
    It is helpful recommending a good content creator for others to follow. :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I didn't start participating in the forum until the Sims 4 release. I've "met" some wonderful simmers here and I'm grateful to you for making this whole experience one of the best.
    Same for me too. I didn't join until December 2014. Back then I was in intense pain thinking I only had a month to live and wishing for toddlers. Just happy to still be alive and meet nice Simmers like you.

Happy Anniversary and this was one of my favorite pictures they did for an anniversary.
    3t5hpwfzkmcx.jpg

I think that's the same time I officially joined the forums as well. December 2014. I bought the game in November.

It's been quite a ride but I do really like the people here. Even the ones I've argued with sometimes. Debate can be healthy for the mind and has potential to offer ideas and concepts not previously considered.

I mean, sometimes it can get irritating but then so can I so it'll keep. 😆
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

3t5hpwfzkmcx.jpg

I think that's the same time I officially joined the forums as well. December 2014. I bought the game in November.

It's been quite a ride but I do really like the people here. Even the ones I've argued with sometimes. Debate can be healthy for the mind and has potential to offer ideas and concepts not previously considered.

I mean, sometimes it can get irritating but then so can I so it'll keep. 😆
    I bought it in November too when it was 50% off. True, it has spurned many ideas for packs and patches. Great visiting places where people have bugs too. Like 6 years ago I had no idea what forums or Twitch or Playtesters were. My first official Sims site I have been apart of for 16 years now was modthesims2.com back in the Sims 2. I didn't participate in discussions but loved how stories were shared there and golden era of Machinimas. Probably why I like a lot of Remi's videos gives me nice Sims 2 content nostalgia how well they are made. I remember one of my favorite Sims 2 videos was called deleted which is funny is how culling works for the Sims 4 now.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Happy anniversary to my favorite game. :smiley: