Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genuine question, do they just enjoy watching the community flip out?

1234568...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    All I can say is that for me, Sims4 is going off in a direction that is leaving me behind. First, I didn't purchase My First Pet; then I didn't buy Vampires, I didn't buy Realm of Magic (for the same reason I didn't purchase Vampires, so not into the Occult). I didn't go for Eco-Living either and now once again I'm on the fence with this new Game Pack. I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I even watched the trailer hoping to catch something in it, an object or a piece of clothing, etc. that I wanted. But so far, nada. I'm not one to just up and decide to take my Sims out of their current home to go on an adventure, and for sure it doesn't even look like a vacation spot I, in RL, would ever wish to go. Sulani would have made a good honeymoon spot, but for the fact you can't just go there for a 'weekend' without purchasing a lot. (None of which are open in my current game.) I'll be lucky at this point, if I purchase any more packs. I just hope with all of my heart that the mods I currently am using aren't made null and void with yet another ginormous patch headed our way, for something I may not even want in my game.

I'm very disappointed.

I'm sorry you're disappointed, maybe the next pack will be something you like. :(

But it's the opposite for me. As far as themes go, I think they're finally going in a more diverse and exciting direction with Vampires, Realm, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville and Star Wars. I didn't buy Parenthood because it's just not the kind of stuff I want to play out. Domestic gameplay bores me, honestly. I only got Laundry Day for the CAS and build/buy, I never use the actual laundry, lol. I mainly got Knitting for the metal station, black swatches, hanging plants, and because I can use some of it for my Elder tropes.

I think that GPs are meant to be experimental and new so that they can focus on the broader player base with the EPs that we seem to be back to getting twice a year. Game Packs are like the extra or store equivalent content, but better. There's a more cohesive theme with them that goes deep. But I still think they should pack the EPs more because that's part of the dissatisfaction with a chunk of the player base. In the past, EPs added a lot to the gameplay, and to the core of the game. Many of us just haven't been feeling that with Sims 4's EPs.
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    This is interesting. I knew as soon as i saw them announce this pack it would cause an uproar.
    First things first, not everyone likes Star Wars totally get that... myself being one that dislikes supernaturals in general.

However, this is a brilliant idea for fans of both.
    The Star Wars Universe with it's rich untapped story telling potential combined with the Sims which is severely lacking in story line legacy,seem like a natural fit.

It's gotta be better than Katy Perry right?

Nothing is better than the muffin bra. Nothing.

Muffin Bra...only if it’s edible. o:)
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    All I can say is that for me, Sims4 is going off in a direction that is leaving me behind. First, I didn't purchase My First Pet; then I didn't buy Vampires, I didn't buy Realm of Magic (for the same reason I didn't purchase Vampires, so not into the Occult). I didn't go for Eco-Living either and now once again I'm on the fence with this new Game Pack. I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I even watched the trailer hoping to catch something in it, an object or a piece of clothing, etc. that I wanted. But so far, nada. I'm not one to just up and decide to take my Sims out of their current home to go on an adventure, and for sure it doesn't even look like a vacation spot I, in RL, would ever wish to go. Sulani would have made a good honeymoon spot, but for the fact you can't just go there for a 'weekend' without purchasing a lot. (None of which are open in my current game.) I'll be lucky at this point, if I purchase any more packs. I just hope with all of my heart that the mods I currently am using aren't made null and void with yet another ginormous patch headed our way, for something I may not even want in my game.

I'm very disappointed.

I'm sorry you're disappointed, maybe the next pack will be something you like. :(

But it's the opposite for me. As far as themes go, I think they're finally going in a more diverse and exciting direction with Vampires, Realm, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville and Star Wars. I didn't buy Parenthood because it's just not the kind of stuff I want to play out. Domestic gameplay bores me, honestly. I only got Laundry Day for the CAS and build/buy, I never use the actual laundry, lol. I mainly got Knitting for the metal station, black swatches, hanging plants, and because I can use some of it for my Elder tropes.

I think that GPs are meant to be experimental and new so that they can focus on the broader player base with the EPs that we seem to be back to getting twice a year. Game Packs are like the extra or store equivalent content, but better. There's a more cohesive theme with them that goes deep. But I still think they should pack the EPs more because that's part of the dissatisfaction with a chunk of the player base. In the past, EPs added a lot to the gameplay, and to the core of the game. Many of us just haven't been feeling that with Sims 4's EPs.

But Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, & Parenthood aren't new nor experimental. I agree though, Expansion Packs are so hollow. Game packs are 10x better and give better value for money.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I get the general dissatifaction with the game, there is alot missing and don't even get me started on bugs...but that is true no matter the pack as they won't release a pack which would add everything missing, so I do not get the gigantic outrage for this pack now, like the SW pack is somehow the reason for everything that is (still) wrong with Sims 4.
    I also understand the dislike for franchise/branded packs, I would've prefered an original space pack too, but still this doesn't justify the enormous amount of outrage in my eyes...I...I just don't get it.

People are speaking of hate, HATE!
    Do they even know what that means? Hate is a very, very big and aggressive emotion, I never in my life felt that for a video game and it doesn't seem healthy to me, but it might just be the dramatics of the internet where big words tend to be flung arround without much behind them, idk.
    All of this baffels me....there has always been some kind of outrage with every pack and in general, because the game simply lacks alot, but this is a whole new dimension.

Part of the reasons why I love the Sims is because it offers variety, I like both the "reality" gameplay and the occult/unusual, mixing those up is part of what keeps it interesting to me.
    This is probly why I can use most packs, also because I love building and new BB is always welcome...

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    I get the general dissatifaction with the game, there is alot missing and don't even get me started on bugs...but that is true no matter the pack as they won't release a pack which would add everything missing, so I do not get the gigantic outrage for this pack now, like the SW pack is somehow the reason for everything that is (still) wrong with Sims 4.
    I also understand the dislike for franchise/branded packs, I would've prefered an original space pack too, but still this doesn't justify the enormous amount of outrage in my eyes...I...I just don't get it.

Do they even know what that means? Hate is a very, very big and aggressive emotion, I never in my life felt that for a video game and it doesn't seem healthy to me, but it might just be the dramatics of the internet where big words tend to be flung arround without much behind them, idk.
    All of this baffels me....there has always been some kind of outrage with every pack and in general, because the game simply lacks alot, but this is a whole new dimension.

Part of the reasons why I love the Sims is because it offers variety, I like both the "reality" gameplay and the occult/unusual, mixing those up is part of what keeps it interesting to me.
    This is probly why I can use most packs, also because I love building and new BB is always welcome...

Just because one pack doesn't fix everything, it doesn't mean you don't take the initiative to start slowly fixing them pack by pack.

Also, YES the Star Wars pack IS the cause of the problems of The Sims 4. It's that continuous trend of supplying us with side packs that have scarce use in main gameplay and being forgotten about after the excitement dies down.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

Contrarianism it's the new hip thing....but this community had it mastered long before the term became en vogue.
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    Just because one pack doesn't fix everything, it doesn't mean you don't take the initiative to start slowly fixing them pack by pack.

Also, YES the Star Wars pack IS the cause of the problems of The Sims 4. It's that continuous trend of supplying us with side packs that have scarce use in main gameplay and being forgotten about after the excitement dies down.

Shouldn't main gameplay be fixed by patches and not by game packs?
    like the skintones for example, we won't get a skintone SP we have to buy to fix it, it will be a patch.
    Or are you talking about stuff that could be incorparated in more ways, because for example, light sabers are very niche, they won't be used by alot of sims?
    if so, I get that, but tbh it is a GP and not an EP, maybe I got it wrong but I think EPs are more suppossed to expand the whole gameplay, while GPs are always rather confined (not that EPs are doing a great job at that lately either...)

It's also depending on the way people play imho, if you're a more realistic player than I guess you won't get much (if anything) out of the pack and yes, may forget about it fast, but for other people who have a good mix or are generally more on the occult/unusual side it will have more use and won't be forgotten.

I for one tend to forget about holidays, they were fun at first but just became annoying and repetative to me and I still don't get why so many people wanted Uni...I got it, I went through the whole studying thing 3 times, it bores me...I like other things that came with the pack but not the main feature.
    So, it's different for everyone what expands their experiance and what doesn't.

But, again, I get that alot of "standard stuff" is missing or doesn't work right (like the emotions, no personalities, likes/dislikes etc.), this would be the fact no matter what the pack, cause it's a core problem.
    So, I am sorry but I still don't get why this pack is so singled out...

Shouldn't main gameplay be fixed by patches and not by game packs?
    like the skintones for example, we won't get a skintone SP we have to buy to fix it, it will be a patch.
    Or are you talking about stuff that could be incorparated in more ways, because for example, light sabers are very niche, they won't be used by alot of sims?
    if so, I get that, but tbh it is a GP and not an EP, maybe I got it wrong but I think EPs are more suppossed to expand the whole gameplay, while GPs are always rather confined (not that EPs are doing a great job at that lately either...)

It's also depending on the way people play imho, if you're a more realistic player than I guess you won't get much (if anything) out of the pack and yes, may forget about it fast, but for other people who have a good mix or are generally more on the occult/unusual side it will have more use and won't be forgotten.

I for one tend to forget about holidays, they were fun at first but just became annoying and repetative to me and I still don't get why so many people wanted Uni...I got it, I went through the whole studying thing 3 times, it bores me...I like other things that came with the pack but not the main feature.
    So, it's different for everyone what expands their experiance and what doesn't.

But, again, I get that alot of "standard stuff" is missing or doesn't work right (like the emotions, no personalities, likes/dislikes etc.), this would be the fact no matter what the pack, cause it's a core problem.
    So, I am sorry but I still don't get why this pack is so singled out...

The most ideal solution imo? Put a pause to the stuff and game packs, gather up the employees and split them into base game team and expansion packs team to up the rate until all the core issues and iconic content that we've all come to expect from The Sims at this point are released at an appropriate/reasonable time then resume normal production on DLC.

It's been 6 years. 6 years and not much has changed to fix the extreme issues this game has. It's abnormal and so the solution is one too.

What I would've rathered instead of Star Wars, assuming it's impossible to follow that plan? Farming/Theme Park/Death & Reaping Souls (the one that was one of the options for community stuff pack)/Ghost Hunting/etc...

There were so many cool Stuff Pack themes that could've been easily expanded into Game Packs with high replayability value and suits more players, but why they chose Star Wars beats me.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    The most ideal solution imo? Put a pause to the stuff and game packs, gather up the employees and split them into base game team and expansion packs team to up the rate until all the core issues and iconic content that we've all come to expect from The Sims at this point are released at an appropriate/reasonable time then resume normal production on DLC.

It's been 6 years. 6 years and not much has changed to fix the extreme issues this game has. It's abnormal and so the solution is one too.

That would be good and even better if they told the community about it (also with a guess on how long it might take), cause part of the whole drama seems to be that "we" are kept in the dark, especially when it comes to fixing core problems and bugs.
    What I would've rathered instead of Star Wars, assuming it's impossible to follow that plan? Farming/Theme Park/Death & Reaping Souls (the one that was one of the options for community stuff pack)/Ghost Hunting/etc...

There were so many cool Stuff Pack themes that could've been easily expanded into Game Packs with high replayability value and suits more players, but why they chose Star Wars beats me.

Oh God, YES! Happy Haunts would've been so cool!
    Hey, I would've prefered alot of things to SW myself, but same goes for other packs.

I was thinking about it, maybe this extra outrage comes from a combination of all those things, people in the community feeling like they are not being listend and/or talked to (keeping them in the dark) + core problems being ignored for ages, all catapulted by releasing a franchise pack? could be it....a "the final straw" kinda thing.

That would be good and even better if they told the community about it (also with a guess on how long it might take), cause part of the whole drama seems to be that "we" are kept in the dark, especially when it comes to fixing core problems and bugs.

Hey, I would've prefered alot of things to SW myself, but same goes for other packs.

I was thinking about it, maybe this extra outrage comes from a combination of all those things, people in the community feeling like they are not being listend and/or talked to (keeping them in the dark) + core problems being ignored for ages, all catapulted by releasing a franchise pack? could be it....a "the final straw" kinda thing.

It definitely feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. They just need to drop the whole "silent" act and be more forward with the community. I know they're not allowed to at the moment, but it's not helping and doesn't increase the hype in any way if that's the reason.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member

It was definitely the straw that broke the camels back for me. I’d been a very content player until the Star Wars announcement, and now I’m out here donating to paralives and all angry and stuff.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've closed this thread due it being off-topic and disruptive which is against the forum rules. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top