Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Cosed] The Sims Spark'd - Challenge #2 Starting on September 2!

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
edited November 2020 in The Sims Spark'd
Sul sul Simmers!

After the great first Spark'd Challenge with the beautiful "Destination Wedding" theme and the announcement of our talented The Sims Spark'd Top Creators (check out the submissions HERE), it's time for the next challenge!

Are you ready? Then get your creative juices flowing and dive right in! :)

All that glitters is gold. That's how the saying goes, right? Explore the endless possibilities of living life to the fullest.

nhq88y5r78rj.png

"The Golden Age"

In this challenge, it's all about the "golden years" - that means the spotlight is on your elderly Sims living their best life!
Check out our one-stop-show Challenge Overview here where you can find all the information that you need so you can start creating, building, and storytelling! :)

You can also all the important info over on ea.com.

Have fun and enjoy! :heart:

- Leeloo

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I am excited about this contest as I enjoy creating colorful/unique elders to add to my game.
    Elders-Sparkd.png

But, I really wish that EA would put a flag in the Spark'd gallery that automatically removes households from the challenge if there is not an elder in the household. Sims are spamming these challenges with their created sims that don't fit the challenge and it makes it difficult to impossible to weed through these entries that don't meet the contest guidelines to vote for entries you like.

Please consider making a change to the Gallery to auto flag these uploads. Also, please add a selection to the flag report that allows people to flag content that doesn't meet the contest guidelines.
    Spark-Flag.png
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    Yes I so agree there should be a flag like this in the game. As soon as I upload something it's buried by custom posed young adult sims. There's even a panda on there!!! They wouldn't have to remove the upload from the main gallery just removed the hashtags for the challenge and then they wouldn't appear in the contest.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can't believe that a new challenge just started without the problems with the first one being addressed!

It'll be the same mess. How's this going to be a fair competition? Does anyone at ea/maxis cares?

Are the winners already chosen before the contest? Why else would ea/maxis not care to solve the problems before starting a new challenge?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Oh good, I was worried they fixed the voting and removed the entries that don't belong. I was much relieved to log in and see my favourite zoo animals at the top for entries on a challenge focused around seniors. :/

Unless you have a social media to promote your creations and a following large enough to vote you out of the mess, your creation will just be lost in a sea of items that will end up disqualified but make it impossible for you to get a fair vote for others to actually see your work.

We really need a way to report these people or someone moderating it. People having their items removed as warning and if it continues, ban them from uploading for 24 hrs. 48 hrs. 72 hrs. They will learn eventually.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I was actually excited about this one. The couple in my current avi I've been playing for two months as of today, September 7, 2020. Sadly Ryan, the hubby, has passed away. But that happened after I submitted them to the challenge.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    It's the final countdown for this challenge, folks - tomorrow is the last day for submissions! :smiley:

Don't forget to :heart: your favourite creations once the submission window is closed; you have until September 27, 2020 to do so!

na3lh8tebhao.png
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I'm confused. The Ashton person above says today (Sunday) is the last day for submissions, and that would mean I've already missed it. But, the challenge was listed as ending on the 21st-- tomorrow.

Here I am with my video... and on the Challenge site, there is no submission form in the How to Submit section, for Storytellers! Help! Where am I supposed to go, what am I supposed to do? Thanks.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
    I'm sorry about the misunderstanding @ElizabethMc.
    The submission window ended earlier today, I guess that was a bit of confusion with the different timezones. I'll see if I can find out more for you on that!
  • DarkBrewDarkBrew Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly, I was really upset to see that even though CC was against challenge entry rules, more than one of the top creators chosen for the last challenge used CC in their entry. I was even more upset when I tried to enter the last of my submissions well before 11:59 PT and the submissions had already closed. I had 3 that I had put days of work into ready to submit and was extremely discouraged when I couldn’t even submit them though it was well before the end of the day.
    Hey,

I'm really sorry that you had these experiences, it must have been very discouraging for you. :(

@ElizabethMc I reached out to the Spark'd team. Unfortunately, there is no way to submit creations after the closing. Apologies for that. And even though this doesn't help right now, I sent this on as feedback.

@DarkBrew I understand that this is very frustrating and this feedback has also been sent to the team.
    And as mentioned before, the indication on the website was misleading so I definitely see where you're coming from. The submission window closed at about 10AM PT as far as I know.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    While you are at it can you give them some feedback about the state of the challenge gallery? It's very demoralising that so few entries have anything to do with the contest and if you leave a comment you get harassed.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I was checking a little while ago and couldn't even find either of my entries on there and I followed the rules. I won't bother to enter again.
    Sul sul Simmer!

It's official now, the Top Spark'd Creators have been announced!

Congrats to everyone who's creations are featured - well done and well deserved! :smiley: 🎉
    If you want to check out the great creations, head over here!

And for everyone who wasn't selected from this challenge, I know it might be disappointing but don't let that get you down. You have created amazing Sims, builds, and stories and you can be very proud of yourself! :heart: I'm sure there will be another opportunity in the future where you can present your creations - and don't forget that the community always appreciates your creativity! :)

Let's celebrate the incredible talent that this community has to offer! :relaxed:

- Leeloo
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    @EA_Leeloo I didn't realize you'd already posted the link to the winners. Sorry! 😬
    No worries @simgirl1010 - good news should be mentioned more than once. ;)
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    hmmm
    definite tell in the sims chosen as a win, Black simmers and other simmers of color just need to start their own game, representation won't happen here.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No offense to the creator, but I can't believe that Pole-Dancer Grandma is one of the winners.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • sweetkateesweetkatee Posts: 2 New Member
    Why I cant see my sims in the sparkd challenge???