Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discussion on recent SimGuru statements on Twitter

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    But if it was farms, or romance or werewolves, it would have been ok?

Not in the least in my opinion. The skin tone issues should have been high up on their "get it done" list years ago when people were complaining about it.

But again, this SW pack was planned a lonnnnnnngggggg time before they were shamed into updating/improving skin tones. And like I said in a previous post, they already had the release date mapped out for when it would release, on Gamescon 2020 along with their other SW games release trailers.

The skin tones and fixing the mess that their last few packs made should be their absolute priority. It's been months since Eco Living released and they have done nothing to address the issues it brought upon our games. This is what's upsetting me most at the moment. Fix the game for crying out loud before releasing more bug ridden content into it.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    How long would a skintone take to make? It shouldn't really take that long as it's just a colour?
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

Not in the least in my opinion. The skin tone issues should have been high up on their "get it done" list years ago when people were complaining about it.

But again, this SW pack was planned a lonnnnnnngggggg time before they were shamed into updating/improving skin tones. And like I said in a previous post, they already had the release date mapped out for when it would release, on Gamescon 2020 along with their other SW games release trailers.

not to mention they only moved publicly to make changes after two of their gamechangers so *coincidentally* released videos back-to-back of the skin tone issue
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I agree and I mentioned both in a previous post.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Sharonia I'm sorry that you experience so much bugginess. I don't know why, but I don't experience all that in my game. So, I can't really complain about it.

Take a look at the official bug reports forum and then you’ll have an objective perspective on just how bad things are. Even if, by some miracle, you don’t experience any of these issues, that kind of long-term negligence shouldn’t be ignored and is reason enough for anyone to complain.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    @Sharonia I'm sorry that you experience so much bugginess. I don't know why, but I don't experience all that in my game. So, I can't really complain about it.

Take a look at the official bug reports forum and then you’ll have an objective perspective on just how bad things are. Even if, by some miracle, you don’t experience any of these issues, that kind of long-term negligence shouldn’t be ignored and is reason enough for anyone to complain.

I don't dispute what you are saying. I actually agree. I'm just not pouring the same amount of energy into complaining as others. Is that okay?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    Dijktafone wrote: »

This is what we call damage control. They once again disappointed a community that has supported them for years and now have to defend their bad move until the end. I question how many people actually said in the creative room "maybe we should fix those skin tones first?" :#

I believe they work on multiple projects at once and have more than 1 team of devs assigned to things.

I agree, however Lyndsay clearly also gets to decide what comes out when and she chose to have Star Wars out before skin tones for example. That's a problem to me as it says she knows what the community wants, but just doesn't care all that much.

So you mean they should have put Star Wars on delay and give us skin tones next week, instead of a month later?

Actually yes...Yes this 100% I am all for it...who wouldn't be??

Love that question! Let's see if you'll get genuine answers ^.^

Haven’t gotten any yet...🤔

now that we know skintones are coming i think it's easy to understand why people wants them asap, and it's not fair to assume it would be any different if the game pack was a liked one

I did not assume. I asked, even if I’m almost sure that a lot of folks wouldn’t have been so pressed if the pack offered a more requested theme.

The skin tones should have been prioritized a long time ago. They should have nothing to do with a pack. Unfortunately this time around, they do.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

I don't dispute what you are saying. I actually agree. I'm just not pouring the same amount of energy into complaining as others. Is that okay?

You can do whatever you want, but I think we’d be in a much better place if everyone in the community held EA and the development team to a higher standard.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member

You can do whatever you want, but I think we’d be in a much better place if everyone in the community held EA and the development team to a higher standard.

I don't think it is our job to be honest. Holding them to whatever standard is on them. But with the lack of competition, there really is no standard to aim for.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

yep exactly
  • Nindigo wrote: »

I don't think it is our job to be honest. Holding them to whatever standard is on them. But with the lack of competition, there really is no standard to aim for.

The Sims 2 and 3 already had a lot of features that those angry at The Sims 4 are asking for when they were released. There are better standards, and they were set by the earlier games in the same franchise.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020

Agreed, I think it's important to show that you are displeased and give feedback, just as important as it is to show that you are pleased and give feedback.

I created an Answer HQ report about how annoying it was that my pets in my households was always sick and starving in the Cats & Dogs expansion pack every time I loaded into another household. And while it took forever for them to do it...

Fixed an issue that made Pets’ needs to not be fulfilled if not playing an active household. - from the Patch Notes in June.

They actually fixed it because enough people selected "me too" and posted on that report on Answer HQ. I'm not happy that it took them so long but if people had not responded and clicked me too, I'm pretty sure that this would never have been patched.
  • mogshazmogshaz Posts: 24 Member
    I almost don't believe people when they say they haven't experienced bugs in this game. Like, what are you doing just idling on the start menu?
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    So you mean they should have put Star Wars on delay and give us skin tones next week, instead of a month later?

They have multiple teams working on multiple things, as shared by Lyndsay, so in theory nothing needed to be delayed. Why not release the skin tones with Star Wars or with that last patch that came out? If they didn't start working to improve skin tones until last month when white simmers amplified black simmers voices then shame on them considering this has been a years long complaint.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Sounds to me like she simply said the game can't be all things, to all people all the time. ^shrug^
    edited September 2020

They have multiple teams working on multiple things, as shared by Lyndsay, so in theory nothing needed to be delayed. Why not release the skin tones with Star Wars or with that last patch that came out? If they didn't start working to improve skin tones until last month when white simmers amplified black simmers voices then shame on them considering this has been a years long complaint.

And I must add this even though I'm a white player. The sims team should own an apology to the black players for not taking their feedback on skintones after 6 years. They took this action now because of BLM and two white EA game changers.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I really hope for the sake of everyone defending the company & this pack that it really does bring good stuff into your gameplay & doesn’t disappoint. Just from what I’ve seen it doesn’t seem like there’s really much. The “aliens” alone being a costume & not seeing the world itself is already a red flag for me. The sims team forgot what the sims used to be.
    Justin wrote: »
    I really hope for the sake of everyone defending the company & this pack that it really does bring good stuff into your gameplay & doesn’t disappoint. Just from what I’ve seen it doesn’t seem like there’s really much. The “aliens” alone being a costume & not seeing the world itself is already a red flag for me. The sims team forgot what the sims used to be.

As a few commented on YouTube. They can bring diversity on aliens for star wars. But can't bring diversity on skintone :|
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »

As a few commented on YouTube. They can bring diversity on aliens for star wars. But can't bring diversity on skintone :|

Or even update our current aliens. Especially with that face bug when they age up. Smh
    They misheard skintones for star wars

In March 2019 the Star Wars pack had been given the go-ahead and was most likely certainly in development.

This is game development folks. Not the McDonalds drive thru. 🙄

So looking at this tweet, she was indeed surprised since she already had a space pack in development. No point in stopping that. (Cause money and schedules ‘n all). Anyway, I’m glad they didn’t. Because, (I’ll repeat myself here) I do want Star Wars. 😛

It does show how out of touch with the community she was. Also given they've had over a year to prepare why is their response to the backlash not better? Heck if I were her knowing a space pack couldn't even pass the first bracket, but I had a Star Wars pack in development I'd move as many people as reasonably possible to work on things simmers want to cushion the blow. Today is the 6th anniversary of Sims 4. I would have announced Star Wars like they did and on the same day dropped clues to something upcoming for the 6th anniversary. Every day there would have been some sort of fun riddle or something like that to what the surprise would be. Then today I would have released an update that added the skin tones, non-object babies, motorcycles/mopeds (as cars seem too far off of a dream), among other reasonable complaints this game has gotten over the last 6 years. As I stated they had over a year to prepare for the backlash so I'm just disappointed in the response.
    Finbar659 wrote: »

And I must add this even though I'm a white player. The sims team should own an apology to the black players for not taking their feedback on skintones after 6 years. They took this action now because of BLM and two white EA game changers.

Yes I am a black player and it is disappointing to see that even the Sims team, a team that claims to be so diverse took so long and needed white voices to fix the issue.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    No matter how unplayable and buggy it becomes, regardless of your take on the pack, it'll still rate higher than EA's Madden 21.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I want to preface this by saying I don't hate the Star Wars pack. But...

"Don't like it - don't buy it" is easy to say coming from people who are sitting at home in their mansions.
    Isn't that basically what Patrick Soderland said that got him to "step down" from EA? It's a Cop-out answer. It doesn't take responsibility. When a good majority of consumers are saying they don't like a product, it's the job of the company to take a step back and actually figure out what the consumers want.

When fans are critical, it's not just because we want to "complain" - it's because we care.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    Being rude and nasty to each other is not going to solve anything, either.

We are allowed to be critical of the game and EA.
    We are allowed to be happy with the game and EA.
    The forums should be a safe place to express our thoughts and opinions without being blatantly dismissed because our experiences differ.

This should be pinned at the top of the forum. Love or hate The Sims 4, chances are you have an account here and are posting because you still are a fan of the series.

And, worth mentioning, The Sims 2 BBS and The Sims 3's forum also had users that were critical with each. Neither was ever exempt from criticism on its forums or on other social media platforms.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top