Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strap in for the Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Gameplay

Comments

• SailorFrogSailorFrog Posts: 11 New Member
    I no one going to mention how much the dj and dancing skills are in the gameplay trailer?
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    While this seems like a fun little escape for sims - from what I'm hearing it's a vacation world - there still doesn't seem to be any Sim world cross over yet, especially in any meaningful way. So right now, I feel like I'm essentially just buying a vacation world...of course I'll buy it, I buy everything...but I'm not convinced to buy it at full price yet.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    While this seems like a fun little escape for sims - from what I'm hearing it's a vacation world - there still doesn't seem to be any Sim world cross over yet, especially in any meaningful way. So right now, I feel like I'm essentially just buying a vacation world...of course I'll buy it, I buy everything...but I'm not convinced to buy it at full price yet.

Agreed! I'm pretty happy with what I can bring home. My max'd out Alien robotics sim is going to love having a full blown droid and lightsaber and some new Batuu decor. I'd love for Aliens to be able to spend majority time on Batuu. Guess we'll see next week.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Is it possible to build cp3o and R2D2.
    :) Smile!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Is it possible to build cp3o and R2D2.

You can build a R2-D2 and/or a BB but there is no mention of a C-P3O. However, if you have Discover University, you can create a cyborg that could pass for C-P3O.
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member

I kind of like that it won't cross over into the regular world. I don't want my townies in the costumes etc. It's more appealing to me to treat this as a hidden world that only a few sims are lucky enough to be a part of. I think it makes the concept feel more authentic. It would be fun to see them as cos players at geekcon though lol.
  • DarkenWolfieDarkenWolfie Posts: 2 New Member
    It's so amazing to see on this post about the pack pretty much everyone likes it but on the next post about it everyone is complaining and saying they hate it. I personally like it.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Ok, ok, they got me. I still have all the same concerns I did before, but I guess I'm just going to have to get this and figure out how to work around them, probably in a new save. Because I am feeling the hype now.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    It's so amazing to see on this post about the pack pretty much everyone likes it but on the next post about it everyone is complaining and saying they hate it. I personally like it.

I won't know for sure until the pack is in hand but it's got a lot of play value with my alien sims. Build items and droids work well and I think it's a good tech for Aliens to have above and beyond Robotics from University.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I'm super excited for the upcoming GP!
    Kudos to the team for making this one look stellar. The CAS and BB/Debug library of this pack is fantastic and I cannot wait to start exploring! :)
  • cute_as_ducks123cute_as_ducks123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m kinda excited for this pack too I’ll admit, imo it looks like it might get boring if I was just playing it to play it (as in explore it, get bored, and never touch it again) because that happens a lot with some add-on packs (except cats & dogs, seasons, laundry day, etc). But I’m more of a storyteller type player, and I did write out a backstory for the family I’m gonna use in this xD 
    P.S. Usually I go all out with the writing portion of the backstory. I add figurative language, analogies, little side jokes, etc, but I was tired and excited when I wrote this so the writing is kind’ve bland, may have mistakes/be repetitive, and not really be professional (I’m a little bit of a studious nerd lol). Anyways, here it is!

The Backstory

Hans' Evren is a recent honors graduate of Foxbury Institute with a distinguished degree in Computer Science. His graduation party was short lived after a life changing event; the death of his very own parents. 

His parents were both astronauts, and had worked together for years. From space missions to building their own rocket ship together. Along the way, they had two children, Hans and his little sister Selena (currently a teen in-game). But then, disaster struck the night they had Hans' graduation party. As they were flying through the cosmos, delivering a shipment to some planet called Batuu, an unidentified aircraft targeted their rocket. The rocket was shot down instantly, taking their lives with it.

It’s been a week since the death of their parents. Hans and Selena inherited everything, and have no other family except for each other. Recently, Hans got a visit from a girl (named Juliet Stellar) who claimed that her mother and Hans’ parents were working together. Juliet claimed her mother suffered from a physical injury, and died in her arms. Juliet also claimed she was visited by a higher up official on a team from Batuu called “The Resistance” and was recruited to join their side, as her mother was a well-known member of the faction. Now Juliet was sent to recruit Hans and Selena.

That was when Hans found out the truth. Their parents were actually keeping a secret. They were undercover spies for the Resistance on Batuu, pretending to be loyal to the First Order. Well, their plan was foiled as they somehow got caught. Hans’ parents were anonymously reported for their scheme, and as a result, a First Order follower took out their rocket that was holding resources for the Resistance, which got destroyed in the shooting. Now Hans is deciding whether or not to take Juliet up on her offer, and what will life be for him on the planet of Batuu?

And there you have it! Man I’m pretty excited to play with this family, even though I haven’t created them yet lol. I plan on making Selena join the scoundrels and earn Galactic Credits. I plan on having Juliet and Hans join the Resistance, where they’ll fall in love and maybe have kids (I would carry the storyline on with them, if I don’t get bored of the save). Anyway, thanks for coming to my TedTalk!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I wonder if Force is a skill? Please *puppy dog eyes*

@WolfNate I feel the same. :heart:

I also wonder if we can customize our current of future servos to look like C-3PO or other droids that our sims can bring back with them other than the BB-units and R-units?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There doesn't seem to be any Force that our sims can learn (but I could be wrong). So, I will create an alien sim who stays in disguise so he can have "alien force" powers. I will be as close as I can get. I thought about being a witch but I don't think the wands and brooms fit with the Force I want to play.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've never been able to have mods in my game, so I'm happy for some unusual gameplay in my
    Sims 4.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    Loooooooooove this! <3:D
    I'm so excited!! This is gonna be great for my Aliens and I always wondered if they were gonna do anything with those Star Wars Costumes, lol!
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I look forward to the game, a chance to explore a new place, and it is star wars, I am ready
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Ok, so Star Wars theme was definitely NOT on my radar in terms of genres/topics I was hoping to see in the next Game Pack. But I know I'll get the pack anyway, and kill a weekend playing through it.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • Candy2548Candy2548 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just reading this pack seems like it is going to be good
  • jamielynn216jamielynn216 Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know what time exactly this comes out.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Does anyone know what time exactly this comes out.

Midnight tonight.
  • jamielynn216jamielynn216 Posts: 2 New Member
    simgirl1010 Thank you
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Omg a pack im going to literally freak out about. I havent been this excited since the realm of magic pack lol.

Me too :)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Anyone know how to travel to the new world? :#
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

You use the phone and take a vacation. :)
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

You use the phone and take a vacation. :)

Thank you. B)