Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Turns 6 Years Old Today!

Today 6 years ago The Sims 4 was released on Origin! can you believe it, it only feels like yesterday that we was on Origin waiting for the game to download so we could play the next generation of The Sims!

Over the last 6 years, The Sims 4 has seen a rebrand , has sold 35 packs, has been released on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, has become the best selling Base Game in the series, has 20 million players worldwide, has seen 100 updates that has introduced many awesim features to the game like toddlers, the option to have transgender Sims, Muslim content, Caribbean content and more!

The game still needs a lot of growth to become a great game but to celebrate the games 6th year I want to hear the best The Sims 4 stories you have witness/played through over the last 6 years?

Happy 6th year anniversary The Sims 4 and Happy Simming All!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Happy anniversary. Where's the cake?
  • Options
    GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Happy anniversary. Where's the cake?

Sorry already ate it all ;) hehe 💚
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    It feels like almost yesterday I was staring at my screen asking myself ‘where the heck is my pool’
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Happy anniversary! We might get a new stuff pack announcement? Just speculation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQkMvXvp8RI
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Happy anniversary!!!!! This game has given me literally years of joy, fun building, designing, storytelling and cc shopping 😭😭😭😭 I hope for many more years to come! I'm actually excited for the future with all the hints we have. 🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Happy anniversary to Sims 4 and to all of us! :) Best game/franchise/hobbie of all times ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Happy anniversary! We might get a new stuff pack announcement? Just speculation!

Hopefully it's something that majority has requested, not something random.
  • Options

Why am I suddenly filled with dread? :s
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Happy anniversary!!!!! This game has given me literally years of joy, fun building, designing, storytelling and cc shopping 😭😭😭😭 I hope for many more years to come! I'm actually excited for the future with all the hints we have. 🥳🥳🥳🥳

I'll agree with it all except for the cc shopping. I'm holding out until the end. Then I'm going to grab it all! 😄
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

MY FIRST STAR WARS STUFF :)
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

MY FIRST STAR WARS STUFF :)

Stop :'(:'(:'( it’s totally gonna be Sims FIFA stuff
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more! <3
    jDiSt3t.png

just a random question,
    is there a green iced cake now?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more! <3
    jDiSt3t.png

just a random question,
    is there a green iced cake now?

That looks like the confetti cake in bad lighting.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Happy anniversary :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    :/ Happy Birthday here is a reskinned object and check out our sale.
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    I don't remember what I was like back in 2014. Feel unreal it's been 6 darn years already!

I'm seeing myself growing past my teens with my ever wider cast of sims. It's difficult for me to say how, but surely, if there's anything definitely shaped me through these years, it's my sims! They made for the best of friends I had, perhaps more than real people. Unreal, not? :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    :/ Happy Birthday here is a reskinned object and check out our sale.

Probably another Star Wars object. :D
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020

I doubt it. They've said between April and October we're getting one ep, one gp and one sp and we've had all those already. They wont put any more out.

Then again, it might be a last minute decision to rush out the next pack out to stop people complaining. Maybe it's something realism players have been complaining about wanting so they're trying to get it out to turn the mood around.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »

I doubt it. They've said between April and October we're getting one ep, one gp and one sp and we've had all those already. They wont put any more out.

Then again, it might be a last minute decision to rush out the next pack out to stop people complaining. Maybe it's something realism players have been complaining about wanting so they're trying to get it out to turn the mood around.

I thought the roadmap only went until September? But anyway, it would be an announcement, not a release. There were also some concerns this would replace the regular November EP.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Happy birthday to the game and all its players!
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    6th year of interstellar void. How fitting is this new GP.
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Happy anniversary the sims 4!!!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    I remember how happy i was on premere. I was playing sims since chilldhood but ts3 was not my cup of tea and ts4 gave me everything that i wanted and more! I enjoy this sims generation a lot.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I thought the roadmap only went until September? But anyway, it would be an announcement, not a release. There were also some concerns this would replace the regular November EP.

From what I've seen it started 6th of April, so 6 months is October 6th
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Can’t believe it’s been six years. I joined the Sims 4 shortly before the launch of City Living and boy has it been a journey ever since. Here’s to the rest of the trip finishing strong over the next couple of years!