Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

18th Stuff Pack Placeholder Leaked

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    What do the PH initials stand for?

Placeholder!

Bummer. I was hoping for a more thrilling meaning. :neutral:

Phantom Haunts!
    Pig Houses
    Piste Holidays

Piccolos and Horns! :smiley:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    That's convenient.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    What if we're getting basic cars in the pre Star Wars update (for free), and an announcement for a stuff pack with more cars and carwash/garages ?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The must think players are simple minded. Exceptionally poor reception to their soon to be released DLC so they try to brush that away by “leaking” that there’s a stuff pack in the works.
    Or even better : updated babies in the GP update, and a stuff pack with nurseries and baby clothes. OK now I'm dreaming, bring me down to earth please.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Is it The Sims 4: Road Cruisin' Stuff Pack?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It may relate to the 'still redacted' status of @SimGuruFrost ... maybe they'll announce it at the 6th anniversary... no idea what it might be though.
    Imagine if that is a genuinely accidental leak and that stuff pack isn't supposed to be released until January 2021 😂😭
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

The placeholder for the 18th Stuff Pack has just leaked on Origin. What could this mean? Could it have something to do with a possible anniversary patch or a surprise Stuff Pack? We don't know anything about when this Stuff Pack will be released as of now, could be this month, could be next year. But it's interesting to say the least!

i think two things

Cars SP like in the sims 3 and here on sims 4 after the patch of babies, when come that sp focus on they

or

Happy Hunts, i supposed this will be launch next month? so maybe its like the seasonal sp? perfect timing i think.
  • SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I think Happy Haunts could be a game pack if they flesh it out enough
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited September 2020
    Simbastien wrote: »

And I think Happy Haunts should be a game pack, otherwise it will be like Arts & Crafts and we only get one skill or one career.
    I personally don't care about cars or babies (in TS4!) but I hope it's something about either including a free update and a pack so at least part of the community is somewhat placated.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2020

And I think Happy Haunts should be a game pack, otherwise it will be like Arts & Crafts and we only get one skill or one career.
    I personally don't care about cars or babies (in TS4!) but I hope it's something about either including a free update and a pack so at least part of the community is somewhat placated.

id hate for them to try and fit happy haunts in stuff pack
    like this if anything would break my heart it needs to be gp or bigger

so i desperately hope that is not what this sp is and we get bigger pack later with all those options under HH and dangerous stuff

there isn't really much info here so its quite impossible to speculate but i would like if they released something less ambitious here

like something we had in ts1 or 2 (maybe improved) would really speak to older player base right now after all these confusing new themes

like ts4 pastgame happiness? is much needed right now.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    Or even better : updated babies in the GP update, and a stuff pack with nurseries and baby clothes. OK now I'm dreaming, bring me down to earth please.

My dream too!
  • mspr1ntmspr1nt Posts: 51 Member
    Whatever the intention of the leak (and whether it's soon or not), really do hope they learned that just keeping quiet when something like this happens is not the best approach. I might spontaneously combust OG Sims style if nothing is said about this by the end of today.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    As long as it's not Star Wars related, I'll be looking forward to the official announcement and seeing what it can become.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Star Wars, My First Jedi Stuff
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Whoops! That's great. If it's not something Pool related, Decades/Retro related or a take on the Sims 3 Bayside sets I'm going to hold off, because I am no longer going to throw my money at EA for things I wasn't sure I wanted or not. Still funny though and hopefully it will be something that most simmers actually want.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think Happy Haunts could be a game pack if they flesh it out enough[/quot
    I agree but everyone will be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off becaise because knitting which got the most voyes turned out to be a stuff pack..
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2020
    Honestly they should stop making stuff packs in my opinion. We need more GPs and EPs!

Sims 3 had 11 EPs at this point and felt more fleshed-out than Sims 4.
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2020
    The only stuff pack I would be interested in would be a 70s/80s retro stuff pack. We‘re especially missing retro furniture.
    a256aFi.gif
  • aecollins21aecollins21 Posts: 64 Member
    1. Let's not get too excited. There's no release date and it could have been an update glitch or something in Origin. Who knows, they could have dozens of these place holders in there just waiting to be used but typically un-viewable to non-devs.
    2. I don't normally speculate, BUT, the rumor was that cars were coming with a free update. If that's the case a stuff pack would fit to add more vehicles, accessories, etc in addition to the 2-3 base game items we would receive via update. That same logic could be applied to freeing babies.
    3. With today being the anniversary of the sims4, it makes equal sense for them to release a nostalgic stuff pack with iconic items from previous sims games (bunk beds?, spiral stair cases? the burglar?).

It's probably not any of these things, which is why I hate speculating. I almost always end up hyping myself up and then end up dissapointed.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    Not holding out too much hope...so. And dear GOD we have 18?!?!?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

The placeholder for the 18th Stuff Pack has just leaked on Origin. What could this mean? Could it have something to do with a possible anniversary patch or a surprise Stuff Pack? We don't know anything about when this Stuff Pack will be released as of now, could be this month, could be next year. But it's interesting to say the least!

Most likely an October SP.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What is it? It’s a distraction is what it is.