September 24th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

One Of The Gurus claimed it was their idea that they created the star war pack, not EA?

Comments

  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,257 Member
    I have a feeling she's "owning up" to greenlighting this pack so the company doesn't catch any heat, even though it's pretty blatant that it's EA who made the "decision" about this pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have a feeling she's "owning up" to greenlighting this pack so the company doesn't catch any heat, even though it's pretty blatant that it's EA who made the "decision" about this pack.
    Not what she says. Let's give the simguru some credits and believe her.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,749 Member
    I have a feeling she's "owning up" to greenlighting this pack so the company doesn't catch any heat, even though it's pretty blatant that it's EA who made the "decision" about this pack.

    So are you saying then that SG Lyndsay has lied in several tweets about this pack?
    That doesn’t make sense.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.
    Sorry but that's not what she says, I don't think we have to fill things in for Lindsay. Reading between the lines because we don't believe her? I have no reason not to. She says: "I decided it was a good idea and I'm super excited about it!"

    And as for the last statement: players all over the world just saw an icon and started screaming they thought it was a bad idea.

    @MidnightAura Yes, apparently lol

    Of course she was excited, she got to bring a Disney a theme park to the Sims and got paid for it. Anyone else in her place would be excited too.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 938 Member
    edited September 2020
    Im not convinced. If they were entirely onboard with the idea, I get it. But it makes it sound like Disney and EA had little to do with the decision making and I dare anyone to tell me that with a straight face. Call me skeptical, but it simply sounds like something to placate the masses.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,387 Member
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:


    If she knew the sims community at ALL then she would have known this would have not been a good idea. No matter if it was her idea or not she did have some power over this. She should know that the game is lacking depth of any kind, the base game is atrocious and they could have atleast focused on packs that enhance the base game than something so silly.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2020
    Just because the sims is a life simulation. By no means , limits or even defines it as a game based on “REALITY” . Or the life YOU live! That’s a big mistake in thinking. The sims has always , always been sort of a spoof of real life , in fact. I don’t ever want some super serious , humorless sims game . No thanks !

    Agreed!

    I have this deep-seated fear that the next community voted stuff pack (if there ever is another one) will be vacuuming and dusting...
    ... or needlepoint and crocheting,
    ... or painting fingernails and bedazzling jean jackets.

    To be fair, the choices are always lame. Laundry was set up to win and it was no secret that Graham had been dying to do a Laundry pack.
    Put laundry in with a theme like eco living (which should never have happened) and against three other themes, the vote would split and laundry would win.

    Even in knitting, I voted for arts and crafts but not knitting. But arts and crafts was the best of a bad bunch. Technology, smaller microscopes, healthy living were all horrible themes. (And trying to sell us a smaller microscope? No. That should be free)

    I love the humour of the early games. It’s why I still play them. But I hate he childish humor of the sims 4 more. “Ooh look my sim is angry because the painting made him so, better go take an angry poop!”

    No. Just no.

    I voted Arts and Crafts too after deciding that I loved the idea of creating stained glass windows and other crafts. It I’d know we’d get two icky looking yarn baskets and a bunch of gaudy furniture I’d have voted for Happy Haunts like I knew I should have. Too bad the Sims team thinks making fun, fulfilling packs and game play is too hard for their wittle brains and too expensive for EA *eye roll* Give me a break.


  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.
    Sorry but that's not what she says, I don't think we have to fill things in for Lindsay. Reading between the lines because we don't believe her? I have no reason not to. She says: "I decided it was a good idea and I'm super excited about it!"

    And as for the last statement: players all over the world just saw an icon and started screaming they thought it was a bad idea.

    @MidnightAura Yes, apparently lol

    Of course she was excited, she got to bring a Disney a theme park to the Sims and got paid for it. Anyone else in her place would be excited too.
    Super excited. But you're losing me here. Is it exciting in a way that would excite everybody in her place, or did she have no choice to agree to it and make the best of it, taking responsibility? Because you say both and that's two completely different emotions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.
    Sorry but that's not what she says, I don't think we have to fill things in for Lindsay. Reading between the lines because we don't believe her? I have no reason not to. She says: "I decided it was a good idea and I'm super excited about it!"

    And as for the last statement: players all over the world just saw an icon and started screaming they thought it was a bad idea.

    @MidnightAura Yes, apparently lol

    Of course she was excited, she got to bring a Disney a theme park to the Sims and got paid for it. Anyone else in her place would be excited too.
    Super excited. But you're losing me here. Is it exciting in a way that would excite everybody in her place, or did she have no choice to agree to it and make the best of it, taking responsibility? Because you say both and that's two completely different emotions.

    I don't see what's contradictory. It's perfectly possible she enjoyed working on this even though it was an imposed theme. Like those people who enjoy studying Maths in school.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    Oh dear lord help us all, how do I facepalm?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.

    Quests AND side quests are an adventure. They'll even get to ride the falcon, and an X wing and tie fighters, eat themed food and drink themed drinks and bring back souvenirs. How is this not a theme park?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 22,109 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    This is exactly how I plan to approach it. Regardless of how it is advertised. I'll complete all three missions then my Sims will enjoy an occasional outing to Batuu. Similar to how I play Selvadorada and Sulani. 😊
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.

    Quests AND side quests are an adventure. They'll even get to ride the falcon, and an X wing and tie fighters, eat themed food and drink themed drinks and bring back souvenirs. How is this not a theme park?

    If that’s how you want to play with this pack more power to you. I’d wager off the reaction most people are not seeing it that way.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    Oh dear lord help us all, how do I facepalm?

    It's quite straightforward and very literal really.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 228 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.

    Quests AND side quests are an adventure. They'll even get to ride the falcon, and an X wing and tie fighters, eat themed food and drink themed drinks and bring back souvenirs. How is this not a theme park?

    Because it’s not a theme park? It’s an ADVERTISEMENT for a theme park, sure, but it’s not a theme park pack at all. You can do whatever headcanon you want but reality is it isn’t a theme park, if it were there would be a lot less unhappy people.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.
    Sorry but that's not what she says, I don't think we have to fill things in for Lindsay. Reading between the lines because we don't believe her? I have no reason not to. She says: "I decided it was a good idea and I'm super excited about it!"

    And as for the last statement: players all over the world just saw an icon and started screaming they thought it was a bad idea.

    @MidnightAura Yes, apparently lol

    Of course she was excited, she got to bring a Disney a theme park to the Sims and got paid for it. Anyone else in her place would be excited too.
    Super excited. But you're losing me here. Is it exciting in a way that would excite everybody in her place, or did she have no choice to agree to it and make the best of it, taking responsibility? Because you say both and that's two completely different emotions.

    I don't see what's contradictory. It's perfectly possible she enjoyed working on this even though it was an imposed theme. Like those people who enjoy studying Maths in school.
    It's of course very irrelevant if she's excited or not (as always I think working on Sims 4 packs is way more fun than playing them; they're basically doing what they should leave to us, the players: telling stories), bottom line is she states she decided it was a great idea when asked who was reponsible. She was. And when I stated that, you sort of objected she probably had no choice but to agree. No, she decided, which implies she did have a choice.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 3,730 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay's tweet does not say it was her idea. It says that she thought it was a good idea.

    The question:

    The answer:

    She decided it was a good idea. Deciding something implies she was the one who gave that idea green light, she didn't just sit there and thought oh this is a nice idea. Hence the short response "me" when the question literally said "Who do we talk to , to get the content we have been asking for , for 6 years?" Her, apparently.

    I think the devs/simgurus have a lot more to say than many apparently seem to think they do. Which is fine by me btw (and NOT a reason to harrass them), but I really think they do.

    If this collaboration was requested by EA or Disney, Lindsey probably had no choice but to agree to it and try to make the best pack possible out of the given theme. As manager she had to stand by her team and their product so she took responsibility for the idea. Realistically, there is no reason why a Disney theme park would be a bad idea and not work out in the sims game.

    Are we back on this? Lindsay is an executive within Maxis. She is the general manager of the Sims. She has leverage and negotiating power because she is supposed to know her brand, her franchise and her customers. If anyone “requested” a thinly veiled advertisement masquerading as a $20 game pack she literally could have negotiated better terms for what it would be. The whole idea that the GM of the Sims has zero say whatsoever in what they do just doesn’t work. They’ve went through the process with players and we see they definitely do pick exactly what they want to make.

    I am not saying that she had zero say in this, it's just that there are not many arguments against it other than personal preference. It's basically a theme park, how can it not go well with the Sims? Just because some people are biased against Disney, or Star Wars, doesn't mean that the pack will not be enjoyable. If you like adventure gameplay you don't even have to be familiar with the characters.

    Where are you getting this is a theme park DLC? Galaxy’s edge is a theme park and this DLC doesn’t produce a virtual experience like that. It aims to be a Star Wars experience with Star Wars gameplay, NOT a theme park. Where are the rides?

    It's a theme park for the sims, not for you. The missions will be the rides. If you like to live vicariously through your sims, you might enjoy it too.

    I live vicariously in my own skin in the real world :). If you need to warp this DLC into that for it to make sense that’s your personal choice, but that’s not how this pack is advertised. Like not even a little.

    It's a pack made after a real life theme park. They are advertising it the same way they are advertising the real life theme park where you're supposed to leave real life at the entrance gates and immerse yourself in the theme park environment. You're basically opposed to your sims enjoying a theme park for a few days. :neutral:

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.

    Quests AND side quests are an adventure. They'll even get to ride the falcon, and an X wing and tie fighters, eat themed food and drink themed drinks and bring back souvenirs. How is this not a theme park?

    Because it’s not a theme park? It’s an ADVERTISEMENT for a theme park, sure, but it’s not a theme park pack at all. You can do whatever headcanon you want but reality is it isn’t a theme park, if it were there would be a lot less unhappy people.


    Well, you're free to see it whatever way you want to, but it doesn't make it anything else than a theme park for the sims.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 34,881 Member

    I think a theme park could be cool actually, but this isn’t a theme park. Theme parks have rides. Quests and linear gameplay isn’t rides, it’s a story mode.

    I would *LOVE* a full-on theme park pack with standard rides etc. But what they've actually built here is a lot like the actual Galaxy's Edge theme park, which has only two rides and a lot more emphasis on other things, like joining a side, getting gear, food & drink, and general immersion. It's more the theme in theme park and less of an amusement park (which would be a really fun pack).
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top