Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Finally Did It!

Due to my laptop I was only able to play Sims 3 or Sims 4. I was playing the Sims 4 hoping it would get better and it just hasn't. So after over 2,000 hours of game play I have uninstalled Sims 4 and reinstalled Sims 3. I'm excited to rediscover my love for Sims 3, so while I wait for all of my packs to install I'm hoping to get a refresher of tips and tricks for Sims 3. How have you been playing in Sims 3 lately?

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2020
    I make videos and put them on YouTube. If you watch any of them you’ll see how I play. I hope you have lots of fun. I find trying to complete badges results in some unexpected and interesting game play.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Welcome back @charmed4life4 .
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just started playing it a few days ago too. I've owned it since it first released but barely played it before now. It's so much more fun game play wise than TS4 is.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Sharonia I played Sims 3 since it was released. I pre-ordered Sims 4. I played Sims 4 for a while. It quickly became a chore that I didn't enjoy. When it got to the point where I would shut it down the second it loaded and was ready to play because I couldn't stand the thought of actually trying to play it I decided to stick with Sims 3 only. I am still finding new things to do with Sims 3 so it isn't boring for me yet.

I hope you continue to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Welcome back to the fold, @charmed4life4
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Sharonia I played Sims 3 since it was released. I pre-ordered Sims 4. I played Sims 4 for a while. It quickly became a chore that I didn't enjoy. When it got to the point where I would shut it down the second it loaded and was ready to play because I couldn't stand the thought of actually trying to play it I decided to stick with Sims 3 only. I am still finding new things to do with Sims 3 so it isn't boring for me yet.

I hope you continue to enjoy the game.

I'm loving all the little details that sadly aren't in TS4. Last night in my TS3 game my sim did a slow dance with her romantic interest and it was the cutest thing and then when he stayed over they cuddled in bed sometimes and I love when my sim freaks out over broken toilets and appliances. I'm really starting to see what people mean when they say the TS4 personalities are lacking.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm loving all the little details that sadly aren't in TS4. Last night in my TS3 game my sim did a slow dance with her romantic interest and it was the cutest thing and then when he stayed over they cuddled in bed sometimes and I love when my sim freaks out over broken toilets and appliances. I'm really starting to see what people mean when they say the TS4 personalities are lacking.

My sims cuddled while sleeping and I was so thrilled. I completely forgot how much more sims seemed to be connected to each other. It's really those little things that make the game.

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Welcome back. :)
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    when the star wars pack got announced, i finally had enough. just like you, i uninstalled TS4 and reinstalled TS3 and i'm having a lot more fun with it so far. there's so many more possibilities and creative freedom. i hope you enjoy it too, have fun!
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Welcome back!
    In my current game my Sim’s partner passed away. He was a mermaid and he dried up. My Sim is about to compete the music career and her daughter does ballet after school
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Welcome to the club! :)
    I also recently went back to TS3 a few weeks ago. No matter how hard I wanted to play, after 10-20 minutes of TS4 I would get bored and just close the game.

I’m so happy that I decided to reinstall TS3. I was entertained for hours with just the base game and now that I’ve reinstalled all the EPs and SPs... wow! I honestly forgot just how much better TS3 gameplay is when compared to TS4. Now, I need to get the energy to reinstall my store content.

Granted, I didn’t go as far to uninstall TS4, since I have plenty of hard drive space and there’s just a shred of hope the game gets better.
  • Options
    giulliagiullia Posts: 25 Member
    Welcome back! It’s always wonderful to have more people in our small Sims 3 community.
    My favorite form of playing is documenting everything I do in a blog. Now I just started a legacy challenge in Roaring Heights, and I’m already working on my new blog.
    The Goldsmith Legacy
    - A Sims 3 Legacy Challenge.

6.jpg?w=1024

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I have all the packs currently out for sims 4 and I'm still missing a lot of stuff for sims 3(worlds and stuff packs, as well as a lot of store stuff I want but can't buy)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Welcome everyone who decided to play TS3! So glad you're part of our community! Have fun! Don't forget to ask for help!

• Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I have all the packs currently out for sims 4 and I'm still missing a lot of stuff for sims 3(worlds and stuff packs, as well as a lot of store stuff I want but can't buy)

If you can check out the SIms 3 store they still have deals popping up here and there