Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strap in for the Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Gameplay

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
We’ve got a good feeling about this. Find out more about the groups on Batuu and what you can expect on September 8.

Whether you’re searching for adventure, riches, or purpose, you’re sure to find it in The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack*! Find out more about Batuu and what you can expect before you arrive planetside on September 8.

The People of Batuu

When your Sim first arrives on Batuu, it seems like the perfect place for an adventure. Good atmosphere, incomparable artifacts, interesting Sims, and delicious local specialties abound.

But before long, they’ll be caught up in the conflict between opposing factions. Learn what you can about them by talking with the locals before you decide who to support, or just dive right in! A simple drink at Oga’s Cantina or a conversation on the street could guide your Sim onto their path.

There’s no guarantee they’ll stay on that path, though. You decide if your Sim dedicates themself to the cause or defects for another faction entirely. Whatever your Sim aspires to be—a Paragon of Hope, an Enforcer of Order, or a Galactic Privateer—they have every opportunity to live out their dreams on Batuu.

The Scoundrels

You’ll find more than amazing drinks, delicious food, and great music at Oga’s Cantina. In the heart of Black Spire Outpost, the notorious smugglers of the planet still thrive. Keep an eye out for Hondo Ohnaka if you’re looking for some slightly-less-than-legitimate work on Batuu. The charming and beguiling Weequay pirate-turned-businessman usually has a few missions for Sims who ask nicely.

Be careful about the missions you select! As a scoundrel, it’s important to ensure the Resistance and the First Order are more focused on each other than on your Sim’s activities. As you build up your reputation for one faction, it may drop with another, and scoundrels walk a tight line between the two.

The more Sims do for Hondo, the more their reputation as a scoundrel grows. Sure, maybe it starts with sneaking into a building at first, but before you know it, your Sim is stealing files, skimming credits, and setting up traps. Get in on a big heist, gain access to the Millennium Falcon™ for missions, and live it up as one of the most infamous scoundrels on Batuu.

Did we mention the galactic credits? Sorry, we should have led with this: get rich as a scoundrel!

9cwemkibfanl.png

The Resistance

While enjoying a drink at Oga’s Cantina, make sure your Sim takes a moment to chat with DJ R-3X, the reprogrammed pilot droid spinning space jams. While he never leaves his post, DJ R-3X hears plenty of gossip… and he shares. A lot. He might even tell you the rumor he heard about the Resistance hiding in the forest outside of town.

To join the Resistance, your Sim will have to prove they’ll do what it takes to stop the First Order. It might mean doing a little reconnaissance to build up enough reputation for higher-level missions. Gotta start somewhere, and it might as well be looting supply crates and spying on the First Order, right? Build up enough reputation, and perhaps your Sim will gain Vi Moradi’s trust and the ability to fly the X-wing on daring missions. Maybe they’ll earn Rey’s respect if they climb high enough up the ranks!

But as the missions get harder, a First Order plot that could spell the end for the Resistance emerges. Can your Sim help the Resistance foil the First Order’s plans? Succeed, and your Sim will be a hero. Fail, and the First Order will be that much closer to stopping the Resistance.

The First Order

While the Resistance makes every effort to hide their presence on Batuu, the First Order proudly lays claim to the outpost. Commanded by Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, they aim to bring order to the galaxy—starting with Black Spire Outpost. After all, it’s overrun by smugglers and Resistance spies. Join their ranks to help them root out the Resistance.

As a trooper on Batuu, it’s your Sim’s duty to suppress any Resistance plots aiming to undermine the First Order. Complete missions to protect the First Order’s interests—fortify the communications array, check IDs on the street, and patrol Black Spire Outpost. Lt. Agnon and Kylo Ren are depending on your Sim.

Do not disappoint them. (Especially Kylo Ren—he has… some anger issues.) If your Sim succeeds in their attempts to aid the First Order, they’ll be rewarded with great power. Earn both the fear and respect of the locals, and people will have no choice but to fall in line with your Sim’s orders. The Resistance better watch out.

Get Ready to Choose

Want a bit more intel about missions, factions, and other elements of gameplay in The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu? Get the details before your Sims arrive and start preparing for your adventures!

The Sims 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack arrives on September 8, 2020, at midnight in your region for Mac and PC and at 10 a.m. PT for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4!

What path will you pick for your Sims?

Comments

• GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    All i can say from watching the GamePlay trailer is Aaaaaaaaa it looks simtastic and I am up for giving it a try when it releases next week!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm trying all three! :p But I'll probably go with The Resistance first.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Is this instead of the livestream?
  • xDKxShadowHawkxDKxShadowHawk Posts: 11 New Member
    Omg a pack im going to literally freak out about. I havent been this excited since the realm of magic pack lol.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm trying all three! :p But I'll probably go with The Resistance first.

I was thinking that I would start with the First Order first because it might be a little harder to get into later. Then, aim for the middle and become a smuggler after the FO disappoints me. Then, having earned some credits to buy whatever I might need, join the Resistance after learning what they are all about, like Solo and fight the good fight.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm definitely gonna do all 3 :D

Also it's pretty neat how you can be the bad guys aswell, sometimes being on the good team all the time gets boring
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Oh boy. can't wait.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    My interest in playing the First Order really only extends as far as unlocking whatever outfits they get so I can dress NPC sims in them.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Omg a pack im going to literally freak out about. I havent been this excited since the realm of magic pack lol.

Same!!

I feel like all the times on these Forums that I tried to say I wanted more Star Wars content, even if it was just a few more costumes, my request just got buried in an ocean of cries for babies and bunk beds, lol.

I'm going full Scoundrel for the first visit. That Falcon is MINE. <3:D
    #Team Occult
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I wonder if Force is a skill? Please *puppy dog eyes*
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I want Chewbacca! That's all I have to say :D
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Should I risk buying this if I'm low on dough? I'm not sure if I should risk it all 🤔.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Should I risk buying this if I'm low on dough? I'm not sure if I should risk it all 🤔.
    Why not wait a little and see if you can find out more after release? There may even be a sale or a chance to buy it cheaper elsewhere than Origin.
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Omg a pack I'm going to literally freak out about. I haven't been this excited since the realm of magic pack, lol.

It might actually go great with this pack 😃, you know, give it some depth. I'm loving the costumes (?) or skins that they have! Can't wait for the release! :D
  • panamakirapanamakira Posts: 120 Member
    I liked the second trailer better explaining what's coming with the pack. I actually think it would be fun to mess around as a Sim in the Star Wars universe. I may be in the minority but I quite like the idea and it will add more variety to my gameplay. ^^
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > I wonder if Force is a skill? Please *puppy dog eyes*

I feel like it might be that when you have a lightsaber you can do force interactions. Not sure how deep they'll be. Looking forward to the pack though!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Original game aliens have the Force. They just have those dang squeaky voices that annoy the ewok out of me.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the pack look completely empty? :/

Just you and the folks who liked your comment :)

For me it’s the opposite, I think it looks full and vivid and I’m super excited to see all bb and cas 😍
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    In the title: "Strap in..."

And this...

"...gain access to the Millennium Falcon™ for missions..."

"...ability to fly the X-wing on daring missions."

Dare I think it, dare I say it...will our Sims actually be able to fly around in these iconic spaceships? Or will it most likely be just like the rockets already in the game, fly straight up, hover for awhile, come straight down - done? Oh I hope and pray, crossing my fingers it's going to be much more involved than just that. I'll not complain if it's the same old, same old, but hey, a gal can dream, eh?

I was intrigued before despite having only ever seen the first movie, I'm doubly intrigued now. But, I still want EL pack & patch fixes before I'll even touch this pack with a 10 foot pole. Looks promising though... :) Oh, and a gameplay livestream would be most welcome!
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    In the title: "Strap in..."

And this...

"...gain access to the Millennium Falcon™ for missions..."

"...ability to fly the X-wing on daring missions."

Dare I think it, dare I say it...will our Sims actually be able to fly around in these iconic spaceships? Or will it most likely be just like the rockets already in the game, fly straight up, hover for awhile, come straight down - done? Oh I hope and pray, crossing my fingers it's going to be much more involved than just that. I'll not complain if it's the same old, same old, but hey, a gal can dream, eh?

I was intrigued before despite having only ever seen the first movie, I'm doubly intrigued now. But, I still want EL pack & patch fixes before I'll even touch this pack with a 10 foot pole. Looks promising though... :) Oh, and a gameplay livestream would be most welcome!

Its definitely a rabbit holr event.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the pack look completely empty? :/

Just you and the folks who liked your comment :)

For me it’s the opposite, I think it looks full and vivid and I’m super excited to see all bb and cas 😍
    I'm happy for you that you're excited for this pack but I find the first part of this comment a bit dismissive, not gonna lie.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want my sim to be a Jedi Scoundrel Rebel.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I want my sim to be a Jedi Scoundrel Rebel.

The ultimate villainy: be leader of the factions. :lol: