Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby Challenge Question

For those of you who have played or are playing the 100 Baby Challenge... have you ever had a child taken away? It just happened to me and it was only the second baby! I need reassurance that the challenge is hard rather than me being dumb.

100 Baby Challenge Question 28 votes

Yes
21%
fififoofoo2123CamkatGoofhead2AliSim19Serious_sims_gamer43Jesstenbels 6 votes
No
78%
simm621TiipiiIObelletaydevCary1213phantasmkissAnnLee87ZenAlchemistSimmerMarsMaggieMarleyKarababy52CatTwoMDianaSimsVivi_WillowTreeNorthDakotaGamerJasonschick80Becka28CelSimsKimmerCavapoo_King 22 votes

Comments

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    To be fair I haven't even made it to 20 kids... and I've been playing Sims for over a decade so I have experience on my side.

My biggest tip is to pause the game often. Pause to check on Sims, and regularly glance down at their little icons. If anyone is in the red, pause and figure out how you'll take care of them. The most red gets taken care of first. If a lot of Sims are yellow, pause and figure out what to do. The most needs red or the closest to red take care of first.

My daughter doesn't have the patience for that much pause-and-strategy, so if it takes the fun out of the game, figure out what works for you.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    @phantasmkiss I’m like your daughter, if not worse. I play most of the game on triple speed. :/
    Also, I haven’t even made it to 10 kids.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Yes
    it depends on how you’re playing the challenge...typically when i do it i have the mother sim have the “Always Welcome” reward so she can just sleep in other peoples houses and leaves the kids at home until it’s time to age them up lmao
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
    @fififoofoo2123 She spends most of her time at home. I just got sidetracked because she was trying to seduce Don Lothario but he kept rejecting her.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    Yes
    then i’d say it’s more than reasonable a kid got taken away - the amount of food the toddlers eat is just...beyond
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    No
    No but I had 2 teens die from being hysterical while being in the homework club I made in order to get kids skills up.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    I have reached 100. As @phantasmkiss said pause a lot.
    Also dont use high chairs - drag food to the floor near a toddler if their needs are red. Otherwise leave on counter they can reach it. If you have the movie pack get a popcorn maker ( thanks @MaggieMarley i learnt this from you.) Toddlers will eat from it autonomously.

You dont need to rush to change dirty baby nappies - they can cry for hours and wont get taken ( i play this challenge with the sound low so not tobe bothered by the crying) but keep them well fed or they are taken quickly. Lock the baby room for only the matriarch (and teen sims) or children wll block adults from getting to the babies. Or weird randoms who come in your home.

Also if you leave the lot make sure to bring your teens so the younger kids go to daycare and have their needs filled. Otherwise you come back and all toddlers and babies are at risk of being taken.
  • Yes
    I did, even though he WAS in the high chair but then my game crashed and he wasn’t taken away so now he’s a young adult or adult.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    No
    I have never had a baby taken away. Just like in RL that baby owns it's parent. So you got carried away with some other part of the game and neglected the baby. Oh, well try again! I don't romance at home when I do the 100 baby challenge. I don't try any romance until good friends. Don is hard to romance. He has to live with a hot head. lol Yeah, it's too easy to forget the kids when romancing at home. If you have outdoor retreat you should buy her a tent and keep it in her inventory. Your Sim can place the tent anywhere to woohoo. Good luck!
    @AnnLee87 I had her romance at home because her house is on a ley line.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    No
    If you are going to use lot traits why not set it up somewhere else. One of the apartments in the city has that lot trait. I am not using lot traits and still get twins sometimes. I didn't think we could use things to influence our Sims. Does this mean that I could have used the romantic lot trait? I am just going on the way I have been doing it. It works for me and I have not had to start over.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    My 18th birth and it was one of a set of twins. I was kinda sad the twin sister had to live without her brother now. I was also pretty angry because he was in the high chair and about to eat and *poof*! Got rid of the high chairs and never had an issue again. Now I never use high chairs in any homes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    I completed it. None of the kids got taken away. This is despite the fact that I locked all the toddlers in a dungeon with many full popcorn machines (doesn't spoil and they can grab it autonomously) and beds and left them to fend for themselves. I did not interact with or control them at all until it was their birthday. The only time my matriarch went into the dungeon was to refill the popcorn poppers occasionally.

I was forever getting notifications warning me that one toddler or another would be taken away if they didn't eat soon but they would always eat autonomously before this actually happened.

It was quite funny. The toddlers were caught in a kind of endless cycle because they aren't very good at looking after themselves (but they are just good enough at it not to be taken away). Their energy meter would go into dark red and they would pass out, then they would wake up and their hunger would go go dark red, they would eat a few bites and their hunger would go out of dark red and into the lighter red, then their energy would go into dark red and they would stop eating and pass out again. And so on...
  • JesstenbelsJesstenbels Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    Yes but only because my game was bugging out and kept on cancelling my sim trying to fee the baby 😭 hurt my soul as I hadn't saved for about 3 or 4 babies so there was no chance I was going to go back and recover the previous save! Rip Nathan - gone but never forgotten ❤️
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    No
    Ohhhh, THAT'S what you guys mean by baby challenge. My own baby challenge is different--my Sim just sees how many babies he can make with as many different women as possible. What happens to them after conception is something I never worry about
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes/No Mixed answer haha.

I completed the challenge and had it happen once but... the reason it happened was because my game bugged out and went all glitchy and kept freezing and my sim could not take care of the kids needs... about 20 minutes later it bugged out so much that my computer froze and I lost all progress I had made, so I got the kid back as I had to go back a save. Unfortunately I also "lost" a diff kid that way, not through being taken away yet but it just ended up never being born. When the pregnancy completed the second time it was twins instead of one haha...
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    No
    No, but this challenge at the very beginning can be kind of stressful lol. As you progress it becomes very repetitive. Your sim will gain more skills and be better at parenting & so on and it will get easier on you. I just moved out YA number 75. This is the furthest I’ve ever gotten. My other saves I became bored with it so I ended up quitting. But I’m determined to finish this one lol. Just have fun with it and you don’t have to follow every rule exactly. Play how you want to.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216