Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars Gameplay Trailer is Out Sep 1 2020

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Did anyone notice they left the plumbobs visible in this trailer? Just me? Ok :D

Carry on. Attack me if you will.

It's a gameplay trailer, so I think that makes sense.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Did anyone notice they left the plumbobs visible in this trailer? Just me? Ok :D

Carry on. Attack me if you will.

It's a gameplay trailer, so I think that makes sense.
    You're probably right I just haven't noticed it or at least not in the last few trailers.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    At least it has 20 times more gameplay than Island Living.

Never understood that. IL Is one of my top 3 packs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    ...Well, seeing the gameplay trailer confirms that this game will be the first I don't buy. It contains absolutely nothing of value outside mediocre star wars fanservice for kids.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    No mention of our Sims being able to use the Force. Disappointing. I'd be ok with it if the game supported hybrids, as I'd be happy with an alien spellcaster that could mind wipe/read personality etc and also use the lightening spell.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    What is with the voiceover? It sounds like a game pack aimed at very young children.

It was almost painful to listen. Like a parent talking to a not so bright two years old. This "BB" thing.... Brrr... They actually addressing Teens+ according to their own game rating. When someone is complaining about the game they say we are whining like children. Well, excuse me, if you are targeting your PR to people like they are in kindergarten expect to hear tantrums from them like they are in kindergarten.

So far this trailer only made me even more annoyed. For a gameplay trailer it certainly didn't show much gameplay. If not to count 3 scenes of sims dancing. They barely mentioned lightsaber fights, and missions.... Making a stupid face to troopers? Is this a mission?

Anyways I'm more puzzled right now with lack of Q&A on Twitter and no live-stream announcement. The pack is due in one week and we still mostly can only speculate about it's features and even time of pre-patch It's alarming.

Yeah, it sounded like the narration to a Barbie movie. This is what EA PR thinks of my mental level.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2020
    Well it will be interesting to see what it will actually look like in the game, we all know now what the Magic Realm actually looked like... and what the sims looked like that walked around there.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Still excited. But I had to turn off the sound because the VO hurt my feelings.
    I watched it while playing Duel of the Fates. Strange, but much better.
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    No mention of our Sims being able to use the Force. Disappointing. I'd be ok with it if the game supported hybrids, as I'd be happy with an alien spellcaster that could mind wipe/read personality etc and also use the lightening spell.

Just a guess, but was thinking that if you reach the highest reputation with each faction; Kylo Ren teaches you "Force Choke", Rey teaches you "Mind Trick", and the scoundrels teaches you how to cheat at sabacc or something.

If there were a more in-debth force power system they probably would have shown it by now. Maybe there are 3 new aspirations related to each of the factions and the reward trait is some sort of force power.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Still excited. But I had to turn off the sound because the VO hurt my feelings.
    I watched it while playing Duel of the Fates. Strange, but much better.

I watched without the VO too. But i was playing Binary Sunset.

Duel of the Fates is awesomesauce.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It looks to me like they went for the neutral angle to try to accommodate different play styles. But I don't know if that method will work well for this theme.

It seems like they've made the pack in a way so that it can be treated like the Star Wars theme park, where you get immersed, it's "pretend real" and you go home with souvenirs. Your "droid" turns into a remote control toy and your lightsaber is harmless. So a player could take their Sim through the story, or just shop and return home, and the district resets for the next visit.

Meanwhile, the fantasy players can assume it's all "real" in their game, but then they have to deal with the issue of the adventure not really having a permanent effect, and the "weapons" and droids becoming collectibles.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I can work with it either way, I've wanted more Star Wars stuff in my game for eons and I never, ever expected them to do a pack like this so I'm just happy to get it and have a lot less criticism than most.
    #Team Occult
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone notice the snake?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Did anyone notice the snake?

Recolored from JA.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Why are they speaking English (in the voiceover) ... And why is the voice so familiar? (I just recently watched this audiobooks video by Vox, and this actually sounds like her voice — haha!)

This Gameplay Trailer is mostly about looks and not gameplay. We shouldn't have to say, "Awh, what a little cutie!" about the robots or "Look! Pretty!" about the lightsabers. The graphics speak for themselves. We see it looks pretty. But how do they affect the rest of the gameplay? What's new?
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I don't think it looks bad, I am just not into this sort of thing in my sims game, World Adventures is one of my least used packs in Sims 3. I hope everyone who wants this enjoys it and has lots of fun. I will wait for the next pack.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member

It’s just a reused snake from JA, it probably won’t do anything but be an adorable danger noodle :smile:
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Lionflash wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »

Just a guess, but was thinking that if you reach the highest reputation with each faction; Kylo Ren teaches you "Force Choke", Rey teaches you "Mind Trick", and the scoundrels teaches you how to cheat at sabacc or something.

If there were a more in-debth force power system they probably would have shown it by now. Maybe there are 3 new aspirations related to each of the factions and the reward trait is some sort of force power.

I'd be ok with the idea of learning a bit from each faction leader or a reward trait from aspirations. Having no information on it at all just leads me to expect nothing so I have no expectations. I found the trailer quite lacking regarding information other than that there is missions to be honest, which worries me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @LiELF You bring up a good point. How long do you need to stay in Batuu? If you leave before completing the games endpoint, will it reset and you must start over?

@catloverplayer I wonder if that IS a tent that we must buy (like in OR) in order to have a place to sleep.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Is that a Vulture sitting on the building on the upper left of the screen? At 2:13
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Is that a Vulture sitting on the building on the upper left of the screen? At 2:13

Indeed, but it think it’s an ambient fx bird and will behave like the snake and the parrots in JA.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020

Indeed, but it think it’s an ambient fx bird and will behave like the snake and the parrots in JA.

I like <3

Vultures, now were talking. That little darling needs to be modded into Oasis Springs, it should feel right at home.

Edit: @Komura danger noodle is great. Haven't heard that one before.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    One thing that caught my attention was how you can customize the BB unit by choosing from different colours for the body and accents. If only that same system of swatch picking was applied to items e.g bed frames & mattresses :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    All I got from this trailer is that there is literally no point to this pack outside of STAR WARS. It will add NOTHING to enhance your Sims game experience. The gameplay is extremely specific and limited to the world, which is most definitely not livable. Even the CAS and BB is extremely limited.
    Aka. This pack is just "set dressing," as a certain Youtuber would say ;)

Just like the others some features may be restricted to one area and for me that is an turn off regardless of what it has. I will wait for an good sale as I will never give EA/Maxis the full price. Never fall for the hype trailers I have learned since Sim City 2013.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen