Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Store Content failing to install!!

Hi Guys
Is anyone else having the same problem as me when I try to install my store content on the sims 3 launcher some of the objects, lots and worlds say they have failed and to make sure the sims 3 is up to date. So I go back to origin pick up date the sims 3 and it says it is up to date. Any help would so appreciated haven’t been on the sims 3 for 2 months

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The message about making sure Sims 3 is up to date is just a generic error message, not really about whether your game is fully updated or not. If an item fails to install properly, try deleting the existing .Sims3Pack (in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads) and downloading a new copy, then installing that item on its own, not in a batch with anything else. If this doesn't work either, please let me know what items aren't installing properly.

By the way, would it be a huge pain to reinstall all your store content? If you don't want to do it, that's understandable, and there are other ways to get this store stuff installed. The question is which approach is more convenient for you.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2020
    @puzzlezaddict I reinstalled all of the sims 3 all eps and sps. I reinstalled all my store content and made sure I only installed 3 at a time played it through the first time had no problems. Have just started playing again and all my clothes and hairs have uninstalled themselves my Pc is one I built myself and has 32gb of ram i5 9th gen process Evga GeForce GTX 1080 Ti sc2 graphics card and over a terabyte of storage. Also is water cooled and runs windows 10 pro
    Also this has just started happening since I started using the digital downloads on origin. Have all the hard copies of all of the sims3
    Store content is supposed to be transferrable between disc and Origin installs, at least most of the time, so it shouldn't have stopped working in yours. However, there's sometimes an issue when the product key for the game's program files doesn't match the key in your account, or when there are multiple keys in your account and the game was installed using the older one. I think it's an anti-piracy measure that doesn't always work as it should, like so much with EA.

It's possible you'll need to uninstall and reinstall all your store content, which would be annoying, but if your currently installed content is blocked, there's really no way around it.

As a test though, try to load your existing store stuff in a clean user data folder. Move the entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then open the launcher to spawn a clean folder. Copy the contents of DCCache from the old folder to the new one, and copy ccmerged.package over from DCBackup, but don't add anything else. Just load a new save and see whether any of your store content loads. Let me know whether it's all there, all missing, or something in between.

If all the content is missing, you may have to reinstall your store content, which you can do in a clean folder before copying over your saves and any other files you want to keep.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @DarkLady2788 If you do have to reinstall everything, this is the best way to do it:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866577/how-to-install-store-items/p1

No duplicates and no items that don't install because the ebc file breaks in half at an inopportune place.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I own the Prism Art Studio, but it just will not show up in my game. The launcher says that it's installed, but it just doesn't show up. I can't fig ure out what is blocking it. I created a vanilla folder (renamed the one I'm playing, let the game generate a new folder) and opened it up and the studio does appear. In my playable game it won't. I tried removing all of my mods, but it still will not show. I'll try removing the rest of my cc and see what happens. I don't think any of my EA Store sets appear when I think about it. What should I do?
    @Sonshine77 If none of your store content is working, it might be best to reinstall all of it. But is all store content missing, or just some subset, like venues or premium content?
    @puzzlezaddict ots sorted reinstall everything back to the C drive in my pc my lad installed it to the D drive the EA folder was In my C drive so think the game was looking through the D drive for the EA folder. It has been working perfectly since
    edited September 2020
    @Sonshine77 If none of your store content is working, it might be best to reinstall all of it. But is all store content missing, or just some subset, like venues or premium content?

Hi Puzzle Addict, I looked last night and the Art Studio still does not appear. The Launcher says that it is installed, but it just is not there.I installed some other stuff last night and most of those things appear. Things like decor or clothing, etc... I removed my DCCache folder, re-d/led and installed the Art Studio, Old Tea Time set, and the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk and the Art Studio appear (they too did not appear originally), but I don't see the Old Tea time set. Before I go any further though, where do I find the Tea Time set? Also while I'm at it, where do I find the full Granpa's Grove set? All I can find is the tractor.
    Post edited by Sonshine77 on
    @Sonshine77 I don't own the tea set, so I can't look for it. I would think you'd have a venue (under Community Lots) that you could place in Edit Town though. I do have Grandpa's Grove, and its lot can be found in Empty Houses rather than Community Lots. For the items, there's a button in Buy mode that lets you see only store items. It's a § symbol with a gold ring around it, and it's on the right side of the panel that displays the items. The tea set itself is probably in the Entertainment category, while using "sort by function."
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    As I recall the tea set didn't actually come with a venue, but a Sim Guru made one for us around when it was released that has to be downloaded from the Exchange separately.

But anyway, I would also expect to find the tea table itself (with the teapot and doily attached) under Surfaces. When these individual set object fail to show up where we expect them in Build/Buy, sometimes they do show up under Collections.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I remember finding the Tea Table under Tables, Dinner Tables. Have not got the game installed and cannot check for sure.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    The tea table is where @Auroraskies recalls, right near/at the beginning of the dining table section.

Also, if you plan to place the mill up by the falls in SV, make sure to grab the companion lot, also, that replaces the standard falls lot:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314505 . The two lots work out great together.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • DottyKCDottyKC Posts: 19 Member
    For awhile I had issues with some store content not downloading or installing properly with Chrome. Some items would work, and others wouldn't. Then, I switched to explorer (as recommended), and everything worked fine for awhile. Then, explorer stopped working, and I switched back to Chrome, which suddenly worked fine. Before going through the hassle of uninstalling and re-installing, I would try deleting what you downloaded recently, then re-downloading and installing from another browser.
    The tea table in the set does appear in "Tables," but the entire venue I believe does appear in empty lots. Anyway, I did get that to install along w/some others. However, I was not able to get the Grandpas Grove installed at all no matter how many times I removed the DCBackup and d/led the venue, making sure it was in the library and the putting the DC back up back in. I can only get the tractor and not the entire venue.
    @Sonshine77 Did you specifically look for Grandpa's Grove in empty houses? It's not listed with other community lots, it's a residential lot that shows up in the houses tab.

I'm not sure what you mean by removing DCBackup; it's DCCache that holds installed store content, plus a lot would get an entry in Library as well. The only file that matters in DCBackup is ccmerged.package, and the same copy of that file needs to be present when you install all your premium store items, or they won't work. (Or you can download someone else's copy, since the file itself isn't store stuff, it's just data that allows the premium content to have its special interactions.)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Do you have Windows 10 and the latest updates? You might find the answer in the Advanced security options. I had to allow Sims3 and SimsLauncher to get through the security wall of Windows Defender when I restarted it after a long time away.
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    I had the same issue when I was installing sims 3 onto my new laptop. Most of it installed with no trouble, but there was a fe that failed to install. I just tried again and it worked. Mine was probably due to internet issue, though, not so much a laptop issue.
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • Bambulka555Bambulka555 Posts: 10 New Member
    Good day. I bought two stalls from you. One for lemonade and one for fruit. The one for fruit doesn't work as it should. As you promise in the menu. It cannot be filled with fruit.
    > @Bambulka555 said:
    > Good day. I bought two stalls from you. One for lemonade and one for fruit. The one for fruit doesn't work as it should. As you promise in the menu. It cannot be filled with fruit.

[img]https://obchod.rajce.idnes.cz/uploads/photo02/95/90/a3/9590a37c-42bd-44a3-ad48-429cae326bea.jpg[/img]
    > @Bambulka555 said:
    > > @Bambulka555 said:
    > > Good day. I bought two stalls from you. One for lemonade and one for fruit. The one for fruit doesn't work as it should. As you promise in the menu. It cannot be filled with fruit.
    >
    unfortunately, i don't know how to insert a picture here
    > [img]https://obchod.rajce.idnes.cz/uploads/photo02/95/90/a3/9590a37c-42bd-44a3-ad48-429cae326bea.jpg[/img]
    @Bambulka555 who did you buy the stalls from? I think you are meaning you bought them from the The Sims 3 store. It will probably be a glitch with your game I would uninstall the stalls and reinstall them.
    > @DarkLady2788 said:
    > @Bambulka555 who did you buy the stalls from? I think you are meaning you bought them from the The Sims 3 store. It will probably be a glitch with your game I would uninstall the stalls and reinstall them.

Thank you for your interest in helping me
    As for the reinstallation, I did it first. This applies to the fruit stand. I just can't put my grown products into it, as they promise there in the description Gameplay. I bought the stands here: https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58846&categoryId=13700&source=sale
    Thank you DarkLady2788 for your interest in helping me
    As for the reinstallation, I did it first. This applies to the fruit stand. I just can't put my grown products into it, as they promise there in the description Gameplay. I bought the stands here: https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:58846&categoryId=13700&source=sale
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Bambulka555 When you have your sim interact with the fruit and veggie stand, select purchase. Once that opens, you'll see two tabs at the top of the pop up. The one to the right says "consign." If you select that, you will be able to have your sim consign his/her produce to sell through the stand.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread