Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discussion on recent SimGuru statements on Twitter

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    She also posted an update on the skin tones they're working on.

Hopefully this is a sign of more clarity in the future from devs to players
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's nice to see a guru finally respond to players, explain the situation and acknowledge issues aswell. She basically indirectly said they've listened to the feedback and are working on multiple different things at one time.

People forget that a lot of other things players have wanted have been added and they've been creating, it's not instant. For example, players wanted University and Seasons so they added it, players wanted family stuff so they released parenthood, players wanted ladders so they added them as a free update, players wanted firefighters and the repo man so they brought those as a free update, they've added toddlers, pools, ghosts, etc for free as players wanted them, they're working on skin tones as players want them. It's always awkward when players criticise them for not making things as we don't know what they're working on. People were raging about ladders and at the same time the devs had already made ladders and were preparing for a release.

Not defending them though, some things have taken too long and should've been added long ago and some definite bad decisions have been made with regards to packs.

I'm sorry but no. University and Seasons are expected on a sims game so of course, they added it and we shouldn't be kissing the guru's feet for it. The firefighters are Sulani neighbors with a uniform, toddlers should've come in the base game and not taken 3 years, same with pools and I find it funny how they made new skin tones for occults but couldn't make them for poc and we had to wait six years, make a petition and have the creator of a custom skin tone pack call EA out on national TV. It's not awkward to criticize the gurus at all and we should definitely continue to do it. People are raging because it takes an incredibly long time to get basic things and we sims players aren't used to this treatment from past games.

Yeah that's why I included the last line in my comment. All I'm saying is that they have listened to a lot of issues and put things players have been complaining about in free of charge, it's not like they just ignore everything people want. But still, dumb choices have been made, especially with the packs for this year and there's a lot that needs improving and it shouldn't take so long for basic things to be added.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Honestly I agree that it comes off unprofessional and patronizing. I can’t help but wonder if the negative reaction is getting to her. I’m sure they knew there would be blowback but I doubt they ever thought this would be the final straw for a lot of people.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    We have had adventures before in World Adventures for Sims 3 so it isn't new, neither is the advertising tie up for the benefit of both parties.

Latest Trailer is on YouTube....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=oe5N_0TQOkM&feature=emb_logo
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    This entire interaction screams lack of professionalism.

I don't see it. At least not in this one interaction. Maybe within the context of past interactions?

She was clearly responding out of emotion. It was unprofessional.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    This entire interaction screams lack of professionalism.

I don't see it. At least not in this one interaction. Maybe within the context of past interactions?

She was clearly responding out of emotion. It was unprofessional.

I fail to see the emotion. Granted, I don't know how she normally addresses people, so maybe that affects tone perception.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top