July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 30th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

14567810...Next

Comments

  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,022 Member
    I won't say I'm excited (that may come later as we get more info) but I'm intrigued. I can see the possibilities in the pack for adding to game play. For example, Eamonn and Heather O'Dourke had their only son, Liam. (Yes, that Liam O'Dourke!) They didn't want him to be an only child but Heather couldn't have any more kids so they adopted a boy and named him Jeffrey. Jeffrey has the Mean trait as a child, and his favorite activity is tormenting Liam and teasing him for being a Geek. Eventually the two will grow up and go off to explore Batuu; I'm thinking that Liam will take the side of the Alliance (or whatever it's called; haven't seen the last three movies) while Jeffrey will definitely side with The First Order. I'll probably focus more on Liam after that (always had a soft spot for the little nerd) and have him go off to University to study engineering, while I'll put Jeffrey in the Criminal career and mark him as unplayed.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,022 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    Since I came to the Sims franchise after TS3 started I bought all of my TS2 discs after they had been out for awhile. So I have to ask...was there a TS2 pack that was received like this? In TS3 there was Sweet Treats but looking back it seems like it must have been more anticipated that this pack.

    I don't know if Sweet Treats got this level of hate, but I get a lot of the same One True Wayism about how The Sims is supposed to be.

    I just don't know how much of the hate around Sweet Treats was about how The Sims 3 was a garbage game and EA is a garbage company and I'm very mad that they've made a DLC that I don't want to buy for this game that I hate playing.

    I mean, I bought Sweet Treats. I rarely used the stuff from it, but I also rarely used that pack of stuff from the TS3 exchange that let you build a Russian cathedral, or multiple neighborhoods that I played in once or twice or never. And sometimes you have a witch who needs a candy themed house and wardrobe, right? I would buy a Sweet Treats Stuff pack for TS4, tbh, for that very reason.

    Sweet Treats had some cool stuff for decorating kids' rooms, and I used the three included venues quite a bit (when we got both the Bistro set and the Bakery set in the Store, and you could set the Bistro oven to make desserts if you had both, I turned the Cake Pleasure Dome into a dessert cafe; it was a great place to take dates). The CAS though was nightmare-inducing.

    I can't really say I hate any of the packs in Sims 4. There are packs I get more use from than others; I use MFPS a lot more than I do Luxury Party, but I just used some of the latter pack (the buffet tables/drink fountains) to add an outdoor wedding area at Museum Muses (the museum in Willow Creek). I also upgraded the decor inside a bit, replacing some of the base game paintings with ones from subsequent packs. Yet MFPS gets a lot of hate from certain sectors of the community.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 267 Member
    Yes
    I know I'm in the minority groupthink here, but yea actually I am excited for the new GP. My only complaint as far as SW-themed content goes is that it's based on the modern trilogy rather than the classic that made the franchise what it is, aside from that it looks like it has potential.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,222 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    Been busy for a few weeks and haven't really checked up on sim related updates until now.

    Gotta say out of all packs that have come out this one is the least I'm excited for and not going to get. Was scratching my head when I saw the Star Wars name attacked to the pack name and I'm just 'wuuuuut?' I remember we got a few select star wars items for costumes and that's about it. Never would I think they'd have a dedicated pack in the sims for it. I would have rather seen something focus more on Sixam and more on the aliens as well as expanding on them. Would have considered buying, but...probably gonna be a hard pass for me. Didn't really see much in the trailer worthwhile that'd make me want it. (Except for possibly gambling. I've been wanting that forever and it's in this pack??? FTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT))

    Just isn't my kind of pack, which I can only see appealing to pretty die hard star wars fans. I like Star Wars, but if I'm going to play a game with it it's most likely going to be an actual dedicated standalone game for it and not with the Sims 4.

    I don't fall into the category of people who just hate said dlc everytime when a trailer pops ups (I own just about every pack) as sometimes they are lack luster and don't show everything, but considering the missed opportunity to do more for aliens and show more of their world (while they could have some SW references in it) I'm just pretty disappointed and don't se emyself getting a lot of use out of the pack.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,002 Member
    No
    I like Star Wars, but not in The Sims. If I wanted to play within that universe, I’d reach for games like KotOR or SWTOR first.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 84 Member
    No
    Probably not, not unless they add a unique lifestate to the game with it.

    Would have preferred to see the atlantis/expanded alien worlds theories instead, but oh well. I guess I get to save some money, can't complain about that I guess.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 577 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely. I see several things about the pack I 'll be using immediately and I'm sure there will be some things revealed once I have it that I love
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,019 Member
    Yes
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so excited and I'm so not sorry about it.

    I don't even care if I'm only one of ten people in the world who like it, I'll be having a blast on Sept. 8. :)

    You and me both :)
    Origin ID: 3989
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 666 Member
    Yes
    CelSims wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so excited and I'm so not sorry about it.

    I don't even care if I'm only one of ten people in the world who like it, I'll be having a blast on Sept. 8. :)

    You and me both :)

    “I’m with you too”
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,431 Member
    Yes
    Haflinger wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so excited and I'm so not sorry about it.

    I don't even care if I'm only one of ten people in the world who like it, I'll be having a blast on Sept. 8. :)

    You and me both :)

    “I’m with you too”
    Me too. Ewoks and Yodas. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Yes
    Haven't played the sims as much anymore. I know I'll be buying it. Everyone can have their own opinions.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 430 Member
    No
    No. It adds nothing of real value to the game.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 90 Member
    Yes
    Yes :)
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2020
    Mas o menos, more or less. I’m not for or against it, and they might have something for a later play through very far down my list of intended stories.

    I’m still waiting for underwater lots for merfolk and a place the beach cave goes to. I’d love a few new merfolk abilities because they don’t have a tier system. Also, the freestyle swim glitch and the Dried Scales glitch still exist. I noticed a transformation delay causing merfolk to walk around in their tails. I don’t think it’s a glitch because a cheat exists for it, and I think it’s more of an animation lag.

    Using the cheat, I did confirm that merfolk could sit on the pool side in their tails and do stuff they can’t do in the water. I wish it was a feature. I also wish merfolk could do things like practice singing in the water. After all, they can sing a Siren’s Lullaby in the water.

    But, yeah, I’ll give Batuu a try if they add something to the merfolk afterward. I have to use features from other packs to fill the void.

    Lo siento. Apologies for the edits. I noticed a few spelling and grammar issues.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yes
    Not a big fan of supernatural themed packs, but I'm a huge Star Wras fan.
    My objection is the same as it would be with any other supernatural pack. I don't want it bleeding over into my neighborhoods in any type of significant way.
    As a themed vacation destination however (which is what this actually is) I think it's a really cool idea.
    Also... give me a BB8 over a servo any day...

    It's interesting. Strangerville & Jungle Adventures did fine, but this one is getting a lot of heat. It's got to be the branding that has people all turned around, which is odd because Star wars fans outnumber Sims fans by a considerable margin.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,632 Member
    Yes
    Hi Uzone, long time no see. :)

    I love Star Wars, but only the first 2 trilogies. The Disney ones I never bothered to see because it wasn't in the Star Wars style I was used to. I am looking forward to playing the new pack, just because I have many scientists and astronauts in my game. This will fit right in with my simmies going to Batuu to explore.

    The Sims 4 is the only game I play. I tried Wii and XBox but was not into what I call, "run, jump, shoot, kill, race" games. I ended up giving my niece the consoles. At age 71, I don't have the eye to hand coordination I once had. :p

    I am amazed at the hate generated by this one little pack. :D I mean people who haven't played in YEARS have come to the forums to say how much they do not like this pack and that's why they don't play the game anymore. Huh??

    I'll be glad when the 8th comes, those of us who are excited for it, and then all will return to normal until the next "garbage, trash, useless pack" comes along.
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yes
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hi Uzone, long time no see. :)

    I love Star Wars, but only the first 2 trilogies. The Disney ones I never bothered to see because it wasn't in the Star Wars style I was used to. I am looking forward to playing the new pack, just because I have many scientists and astronauts in my game. This will fit right in with my simmies going to Batuu to explore.

    The Sims 4 is the only game I play. I tried Wii and XBox but was not into what I call, "run, jump, shoot, kill, race" games. I ended up giving my niece the consoles. At age 71, I don't have the eye to hand coordination I once had. :p

    I am amazed at the hate generated by this one little pack. :D I mean people who haven't played in YEARS have come to the forums to say how much they do not like this pack and that's why they don't play the game anymore. Huh??

    I'll be glad when the 8th comes, those of us who are excited for it, and then all will return to normal until the next "garbage, trash, useless pack" comes along.

    Great to see you as well bshag4lv

    I have to admit the last two movies of the third trilogy kinda lost me a bit as well, but I liked the first one better than the entire middle trio.

    As for your observation. It's not surprising. I always come back around the time of new releases (if they interest me) to witness the reactions and get a chuckle.

    In general the bigger the franchise the more sense of ownership you'll find in the fanbase..
    Combine the already opinionated and disgruntled Star Wars fan base, with the opinionated and disgruntled Sims fan base and you have yourself a misery stew.

    I'm with you though. to me...it's just another game pack, made a bit sweeter because I love Star wars Looks better than Outdoor Retreat (which I kinda like plus it has BB8. What more could you ask?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,127 Member
    No
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    its TRASH.

    This
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    Nindigo wrote: »
    This pack is so gonna divide people here on the forum :D

    Doesn't look that divided to me
    20200809_202026.jpg
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    Yes
    Now, this got me interested in a pack for a long time.

    I play on the PS4 and I have 4 live households to keep my interest going. I have the City Living and Movie exp Pack.

    I logged on and loaded up the Sims 4 after a month break and saw a news article with Rey Skywalker / Palpatine as the lead pic.

    So I thought I click the link and see what the fuss is all about.
    Wow, that trailer did sell it to me. Got me really interested. 🤔

    Teasing Kylo's anger issues (hope they really embed that personality trait in the game) , the fact that you can explore the outer galaxies and you can chat to some weird alien at the bar. (You get that with Humans too - in real life and in the Sims - lol) 😂

    What got me really interested was the possible stories and career development. Have they nailed making the career a little more exciting and challenging?
    I'm fed up of being a sports star or a policitian or a comedian.

    I just couldn't crack an egg let alone a joke.

    The government agent and music star are a bit more fun. Especially when its mix of activities to achieve.

    But the possible careers in this pack could be something I'm after. Could I end up beating Hondo at blackjack at the bar, could i get Kylo Ren to destroy his own house, could I get Rey to find a decent husband/partner?



    Plus, it be great, that when somebody's time comes, they either get the bounty hunter or Kylo to replace the grim reaper (for Battu) only.
    I want to know more before I really commit to this pack, but its definitely got my interest.

    Interested in what you can build using this pack too!
    Always wanted skylights in my house and make a Mos Eisley bar at Oasis Springs!

    😃
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yes
    Here's something that has me wondering. Why does the Lucas Arts Logo appear on the cover art?
    Lucas Arts is the gaming developer, I don't think EA would go to them simply to use Star Wars assets is this the correct chain of command?
    Do they give permissions on the assests as well as the lore?

    The reason I ask is because if that's not the case then they had a hand in making this game.
    My best guess would be one of the best cuts scenes ever, taken directly from the Millenium Falcon ride at one of the parks instead of a rabbit hole.
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 687 Member
    *Cue* The Galactic Mermaid Sisters form Carole & Tuesday, the anime, their song can be searched on YouTube.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    They speak my answer :expressionless:

    Caution: The Music Above Will Mesmerize You, if Constantly Looping. Listen at Your Own Risk!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 2,892 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Here's something that has me wondering. Why does the Lucas Arts Logo appear on the cover art?
    Lucas Arts is the gaming developer, I don't think EA would go to them simply to use Star Wars assets is this the correct chain of command?
    Do they give permissions on the assests as well as the lore?

    The reason I ask is because if that's not the case then they had a hand in making this game.
    My best guess would be one of the best cuts scenes ever, taken directly from the Millenium Falcon ride at one of the parks instead of a rabbit hole.

    LucasArts is not a game developer anymore, only the licensor. EA bought an exclusive license to create Star Wars game content. That’s why the licensor logo is there.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Yes
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Here's something that has me wondering. Why does the Lucas Arts Logo appear on the cover art?
    Lucas Arts is the gaming developer, I don't think EA would go to them simply to use Star Wars assets is this the correct chain of command?
    Do they give permissions on the assests as well as the lore?

    The reason I ask is because if that's not the case then they had a hand in making this game.
    My best guess would be one of the best cuts scenes ever, taken directly from the Millenium Falcon ride at one of the parks instead of a rabbit hole.

    LucasArts is not a game developer anymore, only the licensor. EA bought an exclusive license to create Star Wars game content. That’s why the licensor logo is there.

    Interesting. Thank you. Well that aside,,,there's still hope this title might have gotten a little special attention.
    They are marketing it jointly with LucasFilm so it does have to pass muster in their own QA department no?
    Aren't there a team of people that have to check and approve everything Star Wars? For lore and other such galactic stuff?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 1,741 Member
    No
    If it had been a generic space-themed pack that enhanced gameplay around Sixam and the aliens in game, I'd probably be a bit excited. I like Star Wars but I'm not a die-hard fan of the franchise. I'm happy for those who wanted this and who are excited. I'm not really a sci-fi fan and didn't care a lot for StrangerVille (other than build/buy mode and the world). I'll probably just skip this pack unless I see something that truly blows me away. I'm not angry or upset about it but it's just not for me. I'll save my money and wait for something else to come along that may interest me more.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84
    Save File Thread
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top