Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu

boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
You can join 3 factions so it is re playable. They put alot of time and money in the game pack it's like a ep. I understand alot of people don't like it but i'm excited i love the new game play trailer. They need to patch chewy in and it will be complete.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited September 2020
    My guess is that for each faction, the missions will be completely the same though. Go talk to this person, search for clues in this place, fight with this person. In other words, repetitive and boring.
    Why would someone want to do the same missions over and over for each faction?

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. This is EA we're talking about :(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    You can join 3 factions so it is re playable. They put alot of time and money in the game pack it's like a ep. I understand alot of people don't like it but i'm excited i love the new game play trailer. They need to patch chewy in and it will be complete.

So "scripted" gameplay 3 different ways. That screams no real replayability to me. It also screams "get rid of sandbox mode" in a sandbox mode game.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

I like the idea of three missions. I first want my main sim to complete all three, if possible, then have a couple of family members each complete one.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

I like the idea of three missions. I first want my main sim to complete all three, if possible, then have a couple of family members each complete one.

I can't wait to create a sinister but good-looking Sim who joins the evil occupants and fights the rebels. 😈
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    My guess is that for each faction, the missions will be completely the same though. Go talk to this person, search for clues in this place, fight with this person. In other words, repetitive and boring.

That's how the missions worked in World Adventures, which I loved. Doesn't bother me. It's much better than the Strangerville missions.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I think the best part for me will be the ability to recreate SWTOR in the Sims now.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. This is EA we're talking about :(

Now Bixters lets get real, doing the same thing over and over again, isn't that part of every career in Sims?!
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Peral wrote: »

Now Bixters lets get real, doing the same thing over and over again, isn't that part of every career in Sims?!

It's part of most things in The Sims, yeah lol

Looks like it's going to be Jungle Adventure type, which I like. I like having the option to either join missions or do whatever. I'll probably run the factions first, see what's out there, and then start doing my own thing like usual.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have only seen the original 3 movies and that was a long time ago. 3 factions? Light and dark. What's the other one?

Note: Wouldn't Chewy be dead of old age in this story?
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I have only seen the original 3 movies and that was a long time ago. 3 factions? Light and dark. What's the other one?

Goodness, Wookiees are long-lived species, and can live at least 500 years. Chewbacca's what .. barely 200 by the sequel trilogy. Only just middle-aged.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    so cool that they put all this time and depth into a gamepack hardly anyone wanted but couldn't deliver on under water worlds, proper cabinets, ukuleles, hammocks, and island dancing in island living.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    so cool that they put all this time and depth into a gamepack hardly anyone wanted but couldn't deliver on under water worlds, proper cabinets, ukuleles, hammocks, and island dancing in island living.

To be fair, we still don't know whether it has depth lol It's looking pretty, but it might still be a shallow pack. I'm hoping they learned from Island Living and Realm of Magic (naive, maybe). I don't know whether those who are angry would be more bothered if it turned out to be a bad pack or if it turned out to be a good one.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Recently went back to Sims 3, and even with the outdated-ness of it all going scuba diving and seeing SHARKS was just as magical as the day I remember first playing Island Paradise. I would have really loved to see it with Sims 4s updated graphics, I still don’t really understand the point of island living tbh :neutral:

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

I believe they mentioned a smuggling business as the 3rd option.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I believe they mentioned a smuggling business as the 3rd option.

They refer to them as the "Scoundrels". I get the impression that it's some shady tasks, a heist, and playing both other sides against each other or for your own benefit. I'm very much looking forward to allying with the Scoundrels. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Other premades could have been...

Darth Landgraab
    Johnny Zestwalker
    Hans Lothario
    Princess Caliente
    Jabba The Goth
    ChewRocca
    Boba Flex
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I want Chewbacca <3
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Literally all the gamechangers are saying there's no gameplay, it's all just looks, and even the star wars fans are calling it boring.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    With Strangerville, after you complete the "mission" and defeat the Mother, you can still play and live in Strangerville. It still has a sandbox. I rebuilt a version to be Schitt$ Creek and I play there often. But Batuu will offer no such gameplay. There is no sandbox play available other than to wander around and buy some blue milk or dance in the Cantina. You can not live there. They don't want you living there. It was not designed for extended gameplay. Sure, there are 50 missions you can complete. Great. Then what? Create a new character and start all over? No.