Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone ready for TS5 now?

Comments

• AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't understand the optimism when it comes to TS5. Whenever it might happen, I'm pretty sure EA is still going to be in charge, and by now we all know how EA does things. The EPs are never going to be packed with content like they used to be in the days of TS2. There may be some hope for a better base game, but I don't see much changing regarding the DLC. Maybe I'm too skeptical, but EA taught me to be so.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    I’m ready for a simulation alternative and I think CK3 might just be it. I loved CK2 and by all accounts the new one delves even deeper into inter-family RPG dynamics, character development, intrigue, and storytelling. While not precisely the same genre (obviously), it’ll scratch a certain itch that TS4 hasn’t been able to (but should).
  • SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    edited September 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    The only reason I don't want S5 is because I personally feel it will be nothing like the sims anymore at all and my disappointment would be immeasurable with all hope gone....

Also after the way EA has treated its customer base with S4 I simply don't trust them anymore to even be capable of doing a half decent job of it..

I am terrified of this same thing.

My childlike optimism is telling me that they're saving all of the good stuff they promised/mentioned/let us beg for S4 to put into S5.
    Intentionally making S4 hated to weed out the fans that have gotten too upset to salvage any remnant of trust, and usher in a new wave of positive-thinking-only fans.
    (Edit: I did not realize ckrap was a bad word?)

So far, I nearly fully regret the money I've spent on Sims 4. The graphics are nice, and the game as a whole runs smoother. That's the only compliment I can give...

EA: "We have altered the Sims, prey we do not alter them again."

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm probably pretty optimistic, but I'm hoping that TS5 comes out with a "complete" basegame (that includes everything that all of the other iterations had with the exception of TS4 .... actual babies, toddlers, police, teens who look like a teen and not a YA, firemen, burglers, paperboy, taxis, schoolbuses, carpools for those without a car, pool tables, burgler alarms, trash compacters, pools with diving boards, terrain tools which includes the pond tool, etc), a fully fleshed personality/traits system, editable worlds, colorwheel, and CASt, and No loading screens!

And game packs that aren't broken up into multiple packs. Like I think that's a big issue for the occult players vs realistic players, realistic players see there's been several packs with fantasy sims, and get 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it because to them all the packs are occults, but what they forget is that in TS3 there was only one pack that had witches, vampires, werewolves, fairies, and ghosts, so of course it seems like there's a bunch of occult packs. And occult players look at how many packs are "normal, boring stuff" because EA gives such little content in them to spread it all out so yeah, there's a TON. But again, even tho there's a ton of packs for realistic gameplay, they are weak, they have very little game play and are mostly non-functioning items or basic functioning, like furniture, but no real game play in them, so the occults are seeing all these many, many regular packs and then they get 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Give full packs and stop being so cheap and chintzy!

I don't know if part of the reason they break it up the packs is so those players with low end computers can easily pick and choose which pack they want without taxing their systems or if it's just greed.

So yeah, I'm still holding out hope that TS5 will turn out to be the best of TS2, TS3, and TS4 combined!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Nope not even close. I am still enjoying 4, 3, 2 & the original. Joy of being retired, I have less money so not in any hurry for them to bring out another version. If they bring me my horses into Sims4 I many never buy another....well maybe.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2020
    ....Just saying...with what is fixing to be released.
    I was on board with it at first, but now after much thought and listens to arguments from both sides, I am not sure how I feel and I am probably not going to purchase it.

But...you know...TS5 is looking good right now...I'm desperate for news.

Yes, I know people will say "how will TS5 be any better." yeah I hear you, but I am HOPING they take feedback from TS4 and make a better game. It can't be any worse than TS4 can it?.....Can it?

I wish I had your positive outlook!

Unfortunately, EA has gone TOTAL conglomerate where the big board of directors have NO IDEA nor do they CARE about what we, the consumer, wants. And I'm not supporting it anymore.

Since we do have another game on the horizon (high fives Paralives), that's what I'm hoping will punch the big fat gut of EA super power. They've been the only sim on the block for too long. And it shows.

I'm a completionist and I'm NOT buying this. That says a lot because I care about what I download on the gallery and I hate it when houses have things missing. I also like new clothing. I don't see anything creative here for me to care about. And well, I need to do my part in sending a message to corporate.

Not supporting this shameless advertisement.

Not supporting a new AWFUL Sims 5 (unless somehow they change their ways)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sims 4 has been a bust since launch. I don't see anything changing. How did this franchise go from the most addictive games to a yawn fest? What changed? Also the milking of players is absurd. Going from ep, sp to ep, gp, and sp to split content up was a bad move for them imo. I get it more money, but it's not for me. Why would I want to buy three packs that should have been one expansion.

I need another simulation addition, but not from EA. There's no way they're going to get it right with the way they're going now. We have three other companies trying the market so hopefully one of them get it done the right way. You can call it a copy cat all you want, but one of them have to be better than what EA is doing at the current moment. So am I ready for TS5... nope. I'm ready to have an updated version of a simulation game that I yearn to play. If they can take the good from what everyone loved in previous simulations even better.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think TS4 is really hitting the bottom of the barrel, so anything else would be better. I'm ready for TS5 - and all the competition too.

People keep saying that TS5 will probably be the same as TS4 or worse, but you all have to keep in mind that there is competition now - the very competition that grew out of dissatisfaction over TS4. EA puts up a facade that it's doing great, but they know they will have to do better with TS5 and NOT make it like TS4.

I'm just really tired of the TS4 era and wish it would end already. I hate how its groomed its players to accept the worst and not hope for better things.

So in regards to looking forward to TS5, it's a lot better than being where we are at now with TS4: buggy empty packs, hostility toward the better, older iterations, bleak outlook of The Sims future.

What I would like is that TS5 will come already and that the simming community would pull together over it. I'm pretty ready to help other people out with any gameplay they're having trouble with, because it's my favorite aspect of life simulation games, but I'm also looking forward to getting help with questions about creating sims and getting amazing tips for building lots/worlds from other simmers.

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2020
    Are there *some* people trying to make decent games that are similar to the Sims? Im sure about that part.

Are they strong enough to actually be a true competitor? Would their game be immersive enough to be satisfying in game play mode? Probably not @ClarionOfJoy

As unhappy as some in the Sims base are right now, you have to realize that The Sims, for over 20 years now, has been and continues to be , an international success because of its very in depth gameplay and character creator. The Sims has a huge following and fan base. Until these other games are released and prove that they are actually good games, it all up in the air :)
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
    Are there *some* people trying to make decent games that are similar to the Sims? Im sure about that part.

Are they strong enough to actually be a true competitor? Would their game be immersive enough to be satisfying in game play mode? Probably not @ClarionOfJoy

As unhappy as some in the Sims base are right now, you have to realize that The Sims, for over 20 years now, has been and continues to be , an international success because of its very in depth gameplay and character creator. The Sims has a huge following and fan base. Until these other games are released and prove that they are actually good games, it all up in the air :)

Do you work for EAxis? Are they worried? Just make sure they make The Sims 5 the best it can be and not rest on the past successes with TS1 through TS3.

TS4 DOESN'T have in depth gameplay, that's why most TS4 simmers just create sims or rebuild the small amount of lots it has. It also may have a good character creator but that can only do so much when the sims don't do what they're suppose to do.

The competition has ever growing numbers of followers because they are giving simmers EXACTLY what they're asking for. Why can't EAxis devs do the same for TS4? Will they ignore the simmers' requests again for TS5?

Don't worry about the competition. Just make sure TS5 is amazing and ground breaking.

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    edited September 2020

Do you work for EAxis? Are they worried? Just make sure they make The Sims 5 the best it can be and not rest on the past successes with TS1 through TS3.

TS4 DOESN'T have in depth gameplay, that's why most TS4 simmers just create sims or rebuild the small amount of lots it has. It also may have a good character creator but that can only do so much when the sims don't do what they're suppose to do.

The competition has ever growing numbers of followers because they are giving simmers EXACTLY what they're asking for. Why can't EAxis devs do the same for TS4? Will they ignore the simmers' requests again for TS5?

Don't worry about the competition. Just make sure TS5 is amazing and ground breaking.

Everyone who disagrees with you, you ask if they work for EA :D

The thing is we cant know if those games will live up to the hype. Again, they arent available yet. Will they deliver? We dont know. Many simmers do still play in live mode. There have always been people who only buy sims games to build or fiddle around in CAS. Thats not something that only happened when sims 4 came out @ClarionOfJoy
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P

Everyone who disagrees with you, you ask if they work for EA :D

The thing is we cant know if those games will live up to the hype. Again, they arent available yet. Will they deliver? We dont know. Many simmers do still play in live mode. There have always been people who only buy sims games to build or fiddle around in CAS. Thats not something that only happened when sims 4 came out @ClarionOfJoy

You know none of this matters, right? All that matter is that The Sims 5 be better than TS4. You won't even have to worry about the competition if TS5 is amazing.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I am ready for Paralives does that count?

I've been looking into that game a little lately. I find the graphics are a little off putting for me though which is weird cause usually I prefer the more cartoon style graphics. It will depend on actual game play whether I will get it. I have no interest in building.

I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020.

Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.
    I don't think it will. I mean graphics still look better than Sims 4 in a lot of ways. Graphics were inspired by Ooblets. Had an Untitled Goose Game cartoon style about it too. Cartoon doesn't always mean bad. Just a different art style but I do think it will be optimized for lower graphic laptops while the Newbury game has a more realistic look to it. Options for everyone beyond just the Sims.

I'm not seeing it. Graphics look better than sims 4 in a lot of ways? I would have to see some of your examples because obviously I must be missing something.

I agree and I'm glad to see someone else be honest about it. I'm definitely not impressed by the art, I think the parafolk look like they were designed by an amateur artist. Maybe they were, I don't know, and I'm not trying to be insulting to any of the devs but I think they made a bad choice and the character art needs to be cleaned up or changed.

The environments are better (not better than Sims 4 though, in my opinion), I've seen some nice scenes, but the people look like they were designed by an artist who didn't study anatomy at all. Not just that, but the faces even look... I don't know ...warped or something. And the bodies look disproportionate to me, especially if you change the height slider because it doesn't actually change the height, it changes the entire size of the avatar and that's going to make it look really weird in game when avatars are near each other.

It just brings down the game to look less professional and if it's truly going to be a competitor to The Sims and succeed, they need to make improvements in that area.
    Original artist of the characters got let go, so we will see how they will progress with a new artist. It's fine. Art is subjective. I mean if you want to talk about a game I really find pretty, it is Guild Wars 2 even with it being an older game.

I heard about that, with the artist. I guess there was some drama? In any case, I hope they got someone good who really makes the game shine. Paralives may not be for me, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to succeed, you know? There's plenty of room in the gaming world for more simulation.
    Yep. I am enjoying games like Stardew Valley, Ooblets, Farm Together, Planet Zoo, Yonder, and Minecraft too. So not like I am bored.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I am ready for Paralives does that count?

I've been looking into that game a little lately. I find the graphics are a little off putting for me though which is weird cause usually I prefer the more cartoon style graphics. It will depend on actual game play whether I will get it. I have no interest in building.

I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020.

Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.
    I don't think it will. I mean graphics still look better than Sims 4 in a lot of ways. Graphics were inspired by Ooblets. Had an Untitled Goose Game cartoon style about it too. Cartoon doesn't always mean bad. Just a different art style but I do think it will be optimized for lower graphic laptops while the Newbury game has a more realistic look to it. Options for everyone beyond just the Sims.

I'm not seeing it. Graphics look better than sims 4 in a lot of ways? I would have to see some of your examples because obviously I must be missing something.

I agree and I'm glad to see someone else be honest about it. I'm definitely not impressed by the art, I think the parafolk look like they were designed by an amateur artist. Maybe they were, I don't know, and I'm not trying to be insulting to any of the devs but I think they made a bad choice and the character art needs to be cleaned up or changed.

The environments are better (not better than Sims 4 though, in my opinion), I've seen some nice scenes, but the people look like they were designed by an artist who didn't study anatomy at all. Not just that, but the faces even look... I don't know ...warped or something. And the bodies look disproportionate to me, especially if you change the height slider because it doesn't actually change the height, it changes the entire size of the avatar and that's going to make it look really weird in game when avatars are near each other.

It just brings down the game to look less professional and if it's truly going to be a competitor to The Sims and succeed, they need to make improvements in that area.
    Original artist of the characters got let go, so we will see how they will progress with a new artist. It's fine. Art is subjective. I mean if you want to talk about a game I really find pretty, it is Guild Wars 2 even with it being an older game.

I heard about that, with the artist. I guess there was some drama? In any case, I hope they got someone good who really makes the game shine. Paralives may not be for me, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to succeed, you know? There's plenty of room in the gaming world for more simulation.
    Yep. I am enjoying games like Stardew Valley, Ooblets, Farm Together, Planet Zoo, Yonder, and Minecraft too. So not like I am bored.

I heard that Paralives was inspired by Ooblets but I've never played it. There's so many games, so little time, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Now I am close to be sure that The Sims series will be cancelled after The Sims 4 with no mercy. So I hope that they will improve TS4 as much as they can.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Now I am close to be sure that The Sims series will be cancelled after The Sims 4 with no mercy. So I hope that they will improve TS4 as much as they can.

While I don’t think it will be cancelled, I do think they’re going to change gears and the series will be transformed into some sort of online-multiplayer monstrosity, with a heavy social media component. I hope I’m wrong.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have no faith in a sims 5 which makes me sad.
    But I’ve watched one of my favourite franchises for the past twenty years, a game I have grown up with-have the soul sucked out of it by EA. It’s a shadow of its former self. It’s like an animal in pain that needs put to sleep but no one wants to put it out it’s misery.

I think this because EA have the belief and the arrogance to believe “that all single player games are dead” (Their words not mine)
    They believe that loot boxes for which they are currently being sued over, are “fun, surprise mechanics” and they refer to their paying customers as “sharks”

I would love EA to prove me wrong. I would love it. But I expect Sims 5 will be an online multiplayer game riddled with micro transactions. Prove me wrong EA.
  • HSDevHSDev Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2021
    ‎‎‎‎‎
    Post edited by HSDev on
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Only if Maxis releases a TS5 trailer that features open world/neighborhoods (ala Sims 3), toddlers, ladders, cops, robbers, firemen, aliens, better examples of emotional reactions (sims cheating, fighting, embarrassed, etc). I've already said it a million times before, but do we want a TS5 that is essentially a TS4 clone? I really hope EA/Maxis has been watching/listening to our wants (they haven't), otherwise look forward to TS4.20.
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited September 2020
    I personally loved sims 3 was always on it. But with sims 4 I hardly go into game not played it much since it was released. I like how you can mould the sim in sims 4 CAS better than sims 3. But what disappointed me when sims 4 came out was they took away a lot of the creativity like the colour wheel. I find the ea colours very bland and boring. Also not being able to just upload outfits, furniture excetra to the exchange in single items and I miss having my own page where you had your own studio that showed all your gallery uploads and simmers could see them all and download if they wanted to.
    I liked the sims 3 gallery because it had different sections that you could upload to like Sims, Objects, Clothing, Pets, lots, accessories, households,worlds and more. I find the sims 4 gallery too messy and you miss a lot of simmers creations because items disappear too quickly and is long winded trying to sift through them all.
    My Sims 3 page
    wrxIz1M.png
    My Sims 3 studio
    eorvpf0.png

But everyone has their own thoughts on what they like and do not like. But with The Sims 5 I will wait and see what the real trailer looks like.

m0oUDbi.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.

I am just hoping that they MIGHT take feedback and make a better game.....is that so unheard of? Or am I crazy?

In general? No.
    For EA? Eh kinda.

The issue with EA is just that shareholders and money matter more than their players. Even though I quite like many parts of TS4 I too am worried that TS5 won't be any less of a massive cash grab. I just don't see myself buying all this stuff a fifth time over. If TS5 doesn't bring something unexpected and completely new to the table - yet in line with what TS is at its core, so nothing idiotic (sorry) like multiplayer - I might. But I'm not holding my breath.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited September 2020
    That's called "streamlining" and all of the major AAA companies are guilty of it at the moment, and if the rumors turn out to be true that TS5 is online then it will be TS4 all over again.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I need some good life simulation game, thats for sure, but seeing how out of touch EA seem to be with what the fans want I’m not sure they can deliver what we want. Who knows they might resurrect Olympus :p
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Nope because no faith in this franchise anymore. I can only imagine the direction this game is headed. This will be the first time I don’t buy the base game day 1. I will be waiting to see possibly through a couple of expansions.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2020
    Only if Star Wars stuff is mandatory in the Sims 5 Base game.

That alone would divide the Sims fanbase even more. Not everyone likes Star Wars,and some people aren't even interested in SW.It would be like me saying "Hey,Maxis-make FNAF mandatory in the Sims 5 base game!" Not everyone likes FNAF,and people wouldn't even buy the bae gam if they were forced to put up with "mandatory" FNAF or SW content.THere is really NO reason for Maxis/EA to make SW or FNAF mandatory in the Sims 5 base game-those fandoms would serve no purpose in S5 base game.

Let EA/Maxis just focus on normal Sims stuff...after all,there are Star Wars games already for people who love Star Wars.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?