Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars GP - Age Groups

Comments

• CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I am 41 male and I love Star Wars, while I don't care too much for the new stories I like this idea and just hope its implemented well! I will of course watch people's videos of it first and see them play it to see if its still worth it to get!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    23, looks like the pack has a lot of stuff, but I just view it as a really poor fit with the franchise.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    It's not that I dislike Star Wars. I love Star Wars. I was raised on it. It just doesn't add to the game play aspects of the Sims that I enjoy. I like to play legacy families and it's hard to make sure the kids grow up to be top notch students if I'm off saving the galaxy. I thought I would enjoy the vacation packs but it's hard to make sure everyone stays alive while trying to get one sim to find all the nature stuff or explore the jungle. Not only that but I am guessing the majority of the build/buy items won't exactly fit in to everyday sim life. For me, I wish they would add things the expanded the sims interactions more than another stand alone play though game.
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Late teens female, love Star Wars, especially the EU, and I am really excited for this pack. I didn't get to go to the themepark irl, so at least I'll get to go there with my sims!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    @
    Late teens female, love Star Wars, especially the EU, and I am really excited for this pack. I didn't get to go to the themepark irl, so at least I'll get to go there with my sims!

@StarDreamer When did you start reading? NeuCanon actually got me back into the books (loved A New Dawn Ashoka and Lost Stars, but hated Aftermath, which had an awkward writing style and I couldn’t accept Nora Wexley because the only lady I see in Wedge‘s life is Iella Wessiri). All my books are pre-Legends branding, but I stopped reading at Vector Prime and didn’t continue through the Vong War into the Fate of The Jedi or Legacy of the Force arcs.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Over 30 male- I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but I would have loved a sci-fi/futuristic pack like Into the Future and Lunar Lakes from TS3. I'm going to get this because it's probably the closest that Sims4 will come to those. I really liked Jungle Adventure and Strangerville, so directed gameplay is fine with me.

Since this pack probably got it's start last year, I'm pretty confident the other packs people want are in the works. This one just got finished first.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Star Trek is my thing not Star Wars but I'll still buy it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    edited August 2020
    I enjoy Star Wars, I’m just not sure I’d want it as a sims pack. I’d need more info before making a choice but I personally would have preferred many different packs to this. Also I enjoy fantasy game play so that’s not the issue.

Also I am an under 30 female
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Male identifying biological female >30 here, I Like the concept, but would have preferred Star Wars sims to be a spinoff.

I added together the raw numbers so far and got this picture:

Under 30 -> ratio Like : Dislike = 20 : 52 = 1 : 2,6
    Over 30 -> ratio Like : Dislike = 49 : 69 = 1 : 1,4

So from this it looks the concept is better received by older players. My hot take on this is that we didn't grow up with Sims 2 and/or 3 and are maybe a bit less emotionally attached to how a sims game "should" be. I was a gamer already before I became a simmer, what probably gives me a different point of view from someone who started out with The Sims (or only ever played The Sims and no other games at all).
    Or maybe there's simply more first generation Star Wars fans in the >30 group.

But as I said, those are just very biased hot takes, nothing substantial.
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    30, female, life-long Star Wars fan and can't wait for the pack.
    MrsC1990 wrote: »

Oh samesies!
  • MrsC1990MrsC1990 Posts: 44 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

Oh samesies!

As soon as the icon was leaked I was so hyped lol
    Haflinger wrote: »

Oh samesies!

As soon as the icon was leaked I was so hyped lol

Yep! Totally hyped and searching my feelings, knowing it to be true! Now my Sims can have Star Wars as canon in their world. I'd always skirted around it at Geekcon before. And I can finally have my Star Wars save with the characters my friend and I made when we were 13.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love Star Wars. One of my favorite stories. As far as getting the game pack yes I will be getting this game pack, but....

Not right away, as always Sims 4 it has been better to wait for the discount as there have been no packs in my opinion since Vampires that has come out worth full price.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm in my 5th decade, female, and I voted that I dislike the GP. But for me, my dislike isn't just because I don't like the idea of the pack.

I remember seeing Star Wars A New Hope when it first came out in theaters. Wow, it was a blast. Movies 4-6 are my absolute favorite. I didn't like the prequels (Anakin REALLY got on my nerves), and I just haven't been able to get into 7-9 (honestly, I like the "canon" book series that came out in the 80's-90's where Han & Leia had twins Jaina & Jacen). I also really like everything that I've seen of Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland & Disney World and hope to someday go there in person. So if Sims 4 was at a state that I could really enjoy, I'd be all over this pack.

But that's the problem, and the reason why I voted that I dislike the GP. I feel like there's quite a few things with the core game that still need to be addressed. Like babies as objects, screwed up emotions system, the mobile game gets bunkbeds but we don't, game breaking bugs, etc & so on. I've reached a level where I'm just completely frustrated and dissatisfied, and just not being heard. And because of that, I'm just not interested in buying this pack, or anything else they release.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member

So from this it looks the concept is better received by older players. My hot take on this is that we didn't grow up with Sims 2 and/or 3 and are maybe a bit less emotionally attached to how a sims game "should" be.

Hmmm.... I wonder. I've gotten the impression that people here who talk about the olden days of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 tend to be in the 30+ category. Maybe I'm wrong.

But you're right the over 30 crowd seems to be much more accepting. What do you think, could the older players who grew up with Star Wars view it as a standout of very few kid friendly sci-fi type movies? Maybe younger players view Star Wars as just another movie in a sea of options.

Just a theory.

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Male identifying biological female >30 here, I Like the concept, but would have preferred Star Wars sims to be a spinoff.

I added together the raw numbers so far and got this picture:

Under 30 -> ratio Like : Dislike = 20 : 52 = 1 : 2,6
    Over 30 -> ratio Like : Dislike = 49 : 69 = 1 : 1,4

So from this it looks the concept is better received by older players. My hot take on this is that we didn't grow up with Sims 2 and/or 3 and are maybe a bit less emotionally attached to how a sims game "should" be. I was a gamer already before I became a simmer, what probably gives me a different point of view from someone who started out with The Sims (or only ever played The Sims and no other games at all).
    Or maybe there's simply more first generation Star Wars fans in the >30 group.

But as I said, those are just very biased hot takes, nothing substantial.

In all the simmer groups I belong, none want this pack. I am of the 30+ group and want the star wars bloatware we are forced to have in base game deleted. I did not even really like any of the movies, so that may be why I view the pack very negatively.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Over 30 female. I have seen all the movies except the last four I think? Maybe 3? I can't remember. While I enjoy the causal movie going and like the action fantasy element of the movies, I honestly don't remember details. So to me the pack is a turn off. I have no idea what's going on, who most of those people are, and am really not interest in playing in such a specific setting. If it were a general space pack with made up creatures, and storylines that had nothing to do with SW I would be happy. Even if there was such a vague link to it I could have NEVER watched SW and been fine, I might have bought it. I just have no interest in what I personally feel is way too niche and excluding of a pack.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    For myself, "Star Wars" doesn't seem to fit for "The Sims". But I guess we'll see.
    Personally, if it is made for this game, I'd be most interested in the 'Aliens' and 'Droids'.

Like Admiral Ackbar
    rare-62.jpg

and L3-37
    hs-ff-002814_b09d97b4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=960
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The most interesting result of this poll is that male simmers don't exist 😲

No wonder this game doesn’t understand the concept of body hair. 🤔

This so much 😉.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

The Sims 4 + Star Wars: Rogue One + Avatar: the Last Airbender

Perfect!!!! I'm in!

Airship slice!!!
    :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HWO6V_12Cs

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    The Sims 4 + Star Wars: Rogue One + Avatar: the Last Airbender

Perfect!!!! I'm in!

Airship slice!!!

Well, you know Star Wars and Avatar:The Last Airbender did have something in common. :D

• ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Over 30s female here. I love Star Wars, I love the The Sims and have been playing since TS2 came out. I'm really looking forward to this crossover. I think its fun to have something new that hasn't been done before rather than the same old rinse and repeat. I always veer towards the supernatural and scifi aspects in my gameplay so this pack is right up my alley.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't hate star wars, cause I like scifi but I'm just not that deep into. Not a huge fan, don't know the lore, still confused about the story. So for me..star wars is just...meh...
    giphy.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Over 30 female. I have seen all the movies except the last four I think? Maybe 3? I can't remember. While I enjoy the causal movie going and like the action fantasy element of the movies, I honestly don't remember details. So to me the pack is a turn off. I have no idea what's going on, who most of those people are, and am really not interest in playing in such a specific setting. If it were a general space pack with made up creatures, and storylines that had nothing to do with SW I would be happy. Even if there was such a vague link to it I could have NEVER watched SW and been fine, I might have bought it. I just have no interest in what I personally feel is way too niche and excluding of a pack.

Oh, but it is a general space pack with made up creatures, especially if you're not familiar with the story lines, characters, and what not.