Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Winter Fun EP would be so thrilling! Winter Expansion Excitement & thoughts thread

username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
If we get a snowy destination with a decent amount of new activities , new aspirations and new skills possibly, i would be so excited. And i can honestly say that would be the first sims 4 expansion that would put a smile on my face. Not that im not happy with the other content, but truly, that would be great. So im excited by all the hints :)
Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P

Comments

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    Its also mainly because i dont really fancy jungles (selvadorada) or the middle of nowhere camping thing (granite falls) . The winter destination would be the first getaway that truly suits me !

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would love that!
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2020
    So far winter in TS4 is just 1/4 of one single EP (Seasons), so a Winter Themed pack is sorely lacking in my opinion. Personally I'm hoping for Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Skiing, Ski lifts, Winter Vacation Homes, Snowmobiles, Alpine Rescue Helicopters/Search & Rescue teams with Avalanche rescue dogs and much more!

Z5yqGx5.png
    So far winter in TS4 is just 1/4 of one single EP (Seasons), so a Winter Themed pack is sorely lacking in my opinion. Personally I'm hoping for Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Skiing, Ski lifts, Winter Vacation Homes, Snowmobiles, Alpine Rescue Helicopters/Search & Rescue teams with Avalanche rescue dogs and much more!

Love these ideas! Would be very fun :)

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I think a whole EP centering around winter would be really lacking. So I hope it's vacation resorts, coming with a tropcial beach vacation world AND a wintery mountain world, a hotel/restort system as its new feature and lots of activities surrounding beach vacations and the snow :)
    It doesnt have to be lacking just because its about leisure. Thats my thing with the sims right now, not enough leisure based packs and activities @Dakota88

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I think a whole EP centering around winter would be really lacking. So I hope it's vacation resorts, coming with a tropcial beach vacation world AND a wintery mountain world, a hotel/restort system as its new feature and lots of activities surrounding beach vacations and the snow :)

I doubt we'll get more then one vacation destination in one pack. Maxis hasn't done it yet.

I doubt we'll get more then one vacation destination in one pack. Maxis hasn't done it yet.

Well, you might not have considered them vacation destinations, but they have. With one of those sims 3 EP's we got 3 worlds, an asian one and two others i cant recall right now , in one pack :)

Yes they have, with TS3 World Aventures (hope that was the correct EP title).

And in their survey they mentioned a vacation EP coming with a wintery AND a beach vacation world. :)
    edited September 2020
    It doesnt have to be lacking just because its about leisure. Thats my thing with the sims right now, not enough leisure based packs and activities @Dakota88

Don't get me wrong, I need more leasure activities too, especially group activities for our Sims where they can build relationships while having fun. So I am on your side.

I want more leasure activities, but all of them following a winter theme would be kind of lacking. I want winter activities AND other activities haha.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm really hoping that will be the next GP. This is probably a niche thing that not many players care about, but I'd love to see them bring back MySims references with it aswell. I love the winter vacation world in MySims agents and its characters so it'd be cute if they made an appearance in a sims pack with the same theme.

Here's the recreations of them I made in my game, it'd be so cute to have little details like this
    LrlUNcI.png

Plus, ski chalets. I need these in the game properly!
    Epqsq98.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a super hot weather summer girl through and through. I love the way winter looks in the game but after a while I start feeling personally cold if that makes sence 😅😅 and I get desperate for summer to come.

So this not on my top list however, I would still welcome a pack like this which I'm sure is coming.
    Somethings I want to see is better snow depth! It's a must for a winter pack.
    Sledding, ice hockey uhhh.... actually I'm not familiar with winter activities so I'm up for anything! 😅 the most important thing to me is that we get more group and kid activities. No more single boat kinda stuff.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited September 2020
    I'm a super hot weather summer girl through and through. I love the way winter looks in the game but after a while I start feeling personally cold if that makes sence 😅😅 and I get desperate for summer to come.

So this not on my top list however, I would still welcome a pack like this which I'm sure is coming.
    Somethings I want to see is better snow depth! It's a must for a winter pack.
    Sledding, ice hockey uhhh.... actually I'm not familiar with winter activities so I'm up for anything! 😅 the most important thing to me is that we get more group and kid activities. No more single boat kinda stuff.

Im not a fan of heat, at all. I can not stand being hot. Its worse than being cold in almost every way :)@Babykittyjade

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    was hoping this coming GP was gonna be winter vacation themed. sigh.

Well, you might not have considered them vacation destinations, but they have. With one of those sims 3 EP's we got 3 worlds, an asian one and two others i cant recall right now , in one pack :)

That was TS3 though not TS4. That was World Adventures. I meant TS4. I'd love multiple vacation destinations in one expansion pack in TS4 but I don't think Maxis will do it.

Yes they have, with TS3 World Aventures (hope that was the correct EP title).

And in their survey they mentioned a vacation EP coming with a wintery AND a beach vacation world. :)

Well we already have a beach world but I"d take another if it added stuff Sulani left out. I'm hoping for that Brazillian Beach or Greek Beach Pack.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member

In Sims 1,there was a vacation pack that had a campground destination, a beach destination and a ski resort destination. Sims 1 had LOTS of things to do in its vacation pack.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

That was TS3 though not TS4. That was World Adventures. I meant TS4. I'd love multiple vacation destinations in one expansion pack in TS4 but I don't think Maxis will do it.

Yeah. Grant basically told us before that they wouldn't do it.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love a real vacation expansion winter themed would be nice with actual hotels. But if they go mountain living and give us a world where you clean trash, they did this twice now I'm not putting it past them, and leave out real activities people actually want like skiing, snowboarding, playing ice hockey and riding snowmobiles I will avoid it. Also can we please get ski lifts it would be fun to watch a couple hold hands riding to the top or friends joking around shaking it bring some life to this game.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think this kind of pack would be a great fit for this fall. A lot of people will still be stuck at home, and a cosy Winter pack could be comforting and fun for the Holidays. A residential alpine world with a year-round snow area and lush meadows area, more wooden furniture, comfort food, winter sports, lodges and hotels, some fun Bigfoot/Yeti lore, new family interactions... I'd be curious to see the CAS though, because we already got so much oversized knitted stuff this year.

Now that Lyndsay confirmed that the EP won't have anything to do with farming, I'm hoping for this pack, but I'm also a bit afraid that it will be something out of left field again.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    One advantage with Sims 4 worlds and neighbourhoods over Sims 3 and earlier worlds is that it would be possible to create routed, off lot complex activities larger than a 64x64 lot. Think the Windenberg Maze but on a much larger complex scale, that could be how skiing pistes and lifts could work, molded into the landscape itself. With several pistes each with their own routes and pathing within them.

To make it work without seasons, it could be easily a perma-winter world in the mountains (like the summit area of Vacation Island), and Seasons adds the gameplay effects for snowfall and snow based activities from Seasons. Think of it like how you can play Island Living without Seasons, but it just adds a little spice to the game if you do.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    I want yetis as a new occult, and not just a costume.

Edit: I’m starting to sound like that Justine Keaton person but with yetis...
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    things i want in this pack hotels,being able to own hotels,skiing ,more family,stuff,new language skill,being able to live in a vactcation world (im not english so i dont know how to spell english words properly ] and i want new jobs like figure skater
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Honestly, I deeply hope this is the theme for the upcoming Expansion Pack. I absolutely love winter as a season, especially when it comes to The Sims. The addition of Holidays in The Sims 4: Seasons was cool, but my Simmer heart is longing for a winterland amusement park, full of activities for the toddlers and kiss, and family and romantic areas for the adult Sims.

Also, I think we've waited long enough for a new lifestate. Like, please.