Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genuine question, do they just enjoy watching the community flip out?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

I think it’s convenient how The Sims fandom seems to believe YT is a meaningful metric when it’s good for the game, but as soon as it’s showing displeasure it’s no longer useful and doesn’t represent the “true” reaction... you people kill me.

What do you mean by ‘you people’? I’m certainly not one of them.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    So what are ya'll gonna do about your anger, besides spewing it here over and over and over? Do you assume it will make a difference? Will you ever move on? Have you thought about a next step? I'm curious.
    People's anger is what got us toddlers, a basic feature that was left out of the basic game and got us new skin tones coming soon after six years so no I will never "move on" because that's not what you do if you want to see change in a game you like. Silence and taking everything that EA gives us is not the answer.

On the another note I'm so excited to see the star wars fandom flip out when they play the pack realizes its shallow, underwhelming and buggy. Stars wars has a much better games and this is a guaranteed to pale in comparison.
    It actually wasn't the anger, it was our ideas and ones like sparkfairy1 who used constructive feedback to actually get the Gurus to listen. She played a pivotal role with not only her words but her actions and I couldn't be prouder how it came about. None of us expected any of the Gurus to listen to us. We just didn't let the the anger of trolls prevent the game improving and growing that's all. It took a lot of backbone enduring insults to make it happen and we probably did anger a lot of Simmers, but it was worth it after seeing the reaction to them being the best the franchise has gotten yet for toddlers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔
    I bet a lot of people came to see what the drama is all about. I know I've viewed it multiple times to watch the like/dislike ratio grow, to read comments and to look through the trailer to see if there are any hints towards dragons.

This. This. I was going to respond with this, but I was beaten to the draw. I guarantee this has added way, way more than a few views. :D

I’ve been taking screenshots of the like/dislike counter a few times a day in case they delete or private the video. I know for a fact a ton of those views are mine xD
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔
    I bet a lot of people came to see what the drama is all about. I know I've viewed it multiple times to watch the like/dislike ratio grow, to read comments and to look through the trailer to see if there are any hints towards dragons.

This. This. I was going to respond with this, but I was beaten to the draw. I guarantee this has added way, way more than a few views. :D

I’ve been taking screenshots of the like/dislike counter a few times a day in case they delete or private the video. I know for a fact a ton of those views are mine xD

SAME! lmao
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    More worrying for EA than the dislikes could be the fact that the trailer hasn't hit the million mark 4 days after its release.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

I'm sure it's a mix of thumbs up and thumbs down. I can't vote because I never bothered to sign up for a Youtube account.
    More worrying for EA than the dislikes could be the fact that the trailer hasn't hit the million mark 4 days after its release.

I never look at the amount of views or likes/dislikes on YouTube videos.
    Is it normal for a sims DLC trailer to hit that million mark within 4 days?
    After all the controversy I’d be surprised the SW GP doesn’t have above the average of trailer views.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited August 2020
    At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, the EA marketing heads will send out free "Journey to Batuu" packs to all the company shills (i.e. "Game Changers"), one lukewarm review will net thousands of downloads from each of the Simtuber's follower base. The only thing that will really make a difference now is actually voting with your wallet and not giving in and buying content that doesn't interest you even if Belle Delphine is offering to throw in a bottle of bathwater with every purchase of the gamepack.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So what are ya'll gonna do about your anger, besides spewing it here over and over and over? Do you assume it will make a difference? Will you ever move on? Have you thought about a next step? I'm curious.
    People's anger is what got us toddlers, a basic feature that was left out of the basic game and got us new skin tones coming soon after six years so no I will never "move on" because that's not what you do if you want to see change in a game you like. Silence and taking everything that EA gives us is not the answer.

On the another note I'm so excited to see the star wars fandom flip out when they play the pack realizes its shallow, underwhelming and buggy. Stars wars has a much better games and this is a guaranteed to pale in comparison.
    It actually wasn't the anger, it was our ideas and ones like sparkfairy1 who used constructive feedback to actually get the Gurus to listen. She played a pivotal role with not only her words but her actions and I couldn't be prouder how it came about. None of us expected any of the Gurus to listen to us. We just didn't let the the anger of trolls prevent the game improving and growing that's all. It took a lot of backbone enduring insults to make it happen and we probably did anger a lot of Simmers, but it was worth it after seeing the reaction to them being the best the franchise has gotten yet for toddlers.

If I'm correct we had Sparkfairy1 thread going on for 2 years. And in the end I didn't even buy TS4, but I'm glad everyone that wanted toddlers got them :) Sparkfairy1 left this forum years ago, hope she is OK.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

If I'm correct we had Sparkfairy1 thread going on for 2 years. And in the end I didn't even buy TS4, but I'm glad everyone that wanted toddlers got them :) Sparkfairy1 left this forum years ago, hope she is OK.

me to she is nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Watching people flip out is entertaining to a degree. But I don't like when people start attacking each other. Like really? You're gonna fight over this? As of this comment the trailer has more dislikes but EA doesn't care. They'll only listen when they don't turn a profit. And let's face it, a lot of people will buy this pack even to give it a fair shot. Then when their suspicions are confirmed that it is a lack luster pack they will proceed to complain. Meanwhile EA is laughing their buts off because they already have your money.
    Watching people flip out is entertaining to a degree. But I don't like when people start attacking each other. Like really? You're gonna fight over this? As of this comment the trailer has more dislikes but EA doesn't care. They'll only listen when they don't turn a profit. And let's face it, a lot of people will buy this pack even to give it a fair shot. Then when their suspicions are confirmed that it is a lack luster pack they will proceed to complain. Meanwhile EA is laughing their buts off because they already have your money.

Watching people flip out is indeed entertaining. What’s even more entertaining is how a lot of folks just hype each other up over this. I don’t even have to pay a subscription in order to watch this comedy show. Attacking others is never OK and anyone who pops in just to bully doesn’t deserve to be heard.

This pack will make money. A lot of it.
    Again, the likes or dislikes mean very little to a company that doesn’t care. Sure, EA gives the pack an extra promotion. I mean I can read the sarcasm in that tweet. But here’s the painful truth and EA is aware of this:

I’ve seen people on this very forum cry:
    “I don’t like it, there are many other things that players have been demanding. EA bad bad. How could they? Im so so sad. They never #listen. It’s not fair. But I might get this GP when it’s on sale.”

You’ve lost your case right there when you’re taking that direction. And that’s what EA sees in their past sales: dislikers who bought a pack anyway. All they can see is a ‘like’. Because hearing the sound of money means you like it. And if you like it, you probably want more of it.

“Don’t like it don’t buy“ is the only thing that makes sense. Nobody will truly hear you otherwise. If EA doesn’t hear enough money, maybe, just maybe they will start to listen to the player, because the sound of Ka-ching isn’t cancelling out the community’s outcries for once.

Gather together and boycott the thing if that’s what it takes. Unfortunately I won’t join a boycott, because hey, I happen to be interested in this pack. Shoot me. I don’t give a flying muppet. The Force is with me.

I have expressed plenty of criticism for the game on this forum, but I also make sure to take some time in the ideas section.
    After 6 years, there is still a lot missing, I agree! Therefore we should never stop sharing our opinions, criticism and ideas with the company in a civilized manner, because we’re passionate about a game that doesn’t have any competition right now.
    It sure does need competition. That’s one of the bigger issues and we all know it.

But unless the dislikers truly stick together, don’t be surprised if and when this pack turns out to be a hit. And I think it will. 🙃
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

I think it’s convenient how The Sims fandom seems to believe YT is a meaningful metric when it’s good for the game, but as soon as it’s showing displeasure it’s no longer useful and doesn’t represent the “true” reaction... you people kill me.

You carved out the chunk of text that answers your question, and you were the one I replied to with the comment in the first place.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    90k dislikes and counting WOW!

You carved out the chunk of text that answers your question, and you were the one I replied to with the comment in the first place.

When it comes to EA, I don't see YT as a meaningful metric at all. All I see a group of simmers that are either hyped for something, or displeased about it. I don't go around saying the likes or dislikes on YT provide evidence for the potential success or failure of a pack.
    For a small indie company that's trying to establish their brand it means something much more than for EA.

EA is fine. They lose some old players, they gain some new. They don't give a hoot about you or me, they'll get what they're looking for until folks actually stop buying their stuff. And I don't see that happen anytime soon. Not with this pack, not with the next.
    So no, I'm not one of those 'you people', so there's no point in generalizing.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    90k dislikes and counting WOW!

Holy moly! I just looked and at the moment it’s 38k likes to 91k dislikes. That must be a record
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2020

I'm one of them and I just hated it and didn't even bother in react...
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2020

When it comes to EA, I don't see YT as a meaningful metric at all. All I see a group of simmers that are either hyped for something, or displeased about it. I don't go around saying the likes or dislikes on YT provide evidence for the potential success or failure of a pack.
    For a small indie company that's trying to establish their brand it means something much more than for EA.

EA is fine. They lose some old players, they gain some new. They don't give a hoot about you or me, they'll get what they're looking for until folks actually stop buying their stuff. And I don't see that happen anytime soon. Not with this pack, not with the next.

Successful pack or not, it doesn't mean crap. Its release and the timing is clearly hated by the majority due to their absolutely horrible method of prioritization.

Say it makes a good amount of profits, a pack can be even more successful if they just listen.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Successful pack or not, it doesn't mean 🌺🌺🌺🌺. Its release and the timing is clearly hated by the majority due to their absolutely horrible method of prioritization.

Say it makes a good amount of profits, a pack can be even more successful if they just listen.

Next pack will probably be a fan favorite request and everyone will be back on board. 😊
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member

Successful pack or not, it doesn't mean 🌺🌺🌺🌺. Its release and the timing is clearly hated by the majority due to their absolutely horrible method of prioritization.

Next pack will probably be a fan favorite request and everyone will be back on board. 😊

well in the past year we’ve had eco lifestyle (packed with bugs, not well received by many) then we had nifty knitting (trailer terrible, fan-voted so they got what they wanted...in some extents) and now we have Star Wars which came in dead last in polls of what we wanted next, i don’t have much faith in the next announcement lol.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    They aren't lying. Simmers everywhere are excited for this pack. Can anyone deny this backed up by fact? Just because you only pay attention to those who are displeased, and may be one of them yourself, doesn't mean a big bunch out there isn't excited.

It's because they are stretching numbers. (I will be using randomly-generated numbers to explain)
    "There are many people who despise the new SW pack, but there are 10million strong who love the idea!"

They're focused so much on the 10million people who love the pack, and want it badly... they are ignoring the 4billion that hate it.

(Again, I have no idea what the real numbers are. If I have them backwards, then so be it. But obviously - according the the reviews and comments here, Twitter, Facebook, and even several other forums I am personally a part of - the majority of fans are appalled!

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Oh did you see this posted?

They are just mocking us now.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Doesn't mean anything. If the majority of the visible reactions are dislikes, it heavily implies the general census is hatred. We can play 'if' games all day or go off of what is visible :-)

Or maybe they're just in wait and see mode, like myself. I can see the possibilities for maybe one or two playthroughs (Liam O'Dourke with the Alliance and his mean adopted brother Jeffrey with the First Order, and maybe his parents will adopt a sister who'll go for the smugglers :) ), and are looking forward to Star Wars items they can combine with some of the science lab things from GTW and even a few of the lab items from Strangerville to make some interesting venues.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Doesn't mean anything. If the majority of the visible reactions are dislikes, it heavily implies the general census is hatred. We can play 'if' games all day or go off of what is visible :-)

Or maybe they're just in wait and see mode, like myself. I can see the possibilities for maybe one or two playthroughs (Liam O'Dourke with the Alliance and his mean adopted brother Jeffrey with the First Order, and maybe his parents will adopt a sister who'll go for the smugglers :) ), and are looking forward to Star Wars items they can combine with some of the science lab things from GTW and even a few of the lab items from Strangerville to make some interesting venues.

Again, a huge portion of the people who disliked the trailer (me included) mainly disliked it because of the timing of the announcement and how the pack is very much unneeded at the moment compared to the many things the game direly needs.

I've seen so many claim the pack's not that bad and feel it'd be fun to try out but it's just such a useless one when basics are missing or need work on. I included. The people in 'wait mode' aren't against it for the same reasons to begin with.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top