Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what do you think ea should do to get back simmers who will move to the paralive game?

Comments

• TasaarTasaar Posts: 64 Member
    _000key wrote: »
    I feel that if there is ever a Sims 5 game it should give you the ability to transfer all of the packs that you bought from before into that game
    This will never happen. They earn more money by rebooting the franchise once a decade, taking us back to square 1. Or in The Sims 4's case, square minus 1.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2020
    All answers feel free to post as well
    EA needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel with every iteration of the Sims. You know the drill: bug-filled base game with very few features, taking literally YEARS to add seasons, weather, pets, and so on.

I have very little faith that TS5 will be worth buying, so really what EA can do for me is wave goodbye as I play Paralives.
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    go back to basic for the sims5 and make the sims5 a major wow
    I feel they need to go back to what made the first 3 games in this series the successful games they were. I am still playing Sims 2 which is my favorite of the entire series. Here are some of the features that made Sims 2 my favorite.

1) I love the memories, jealousy, chemistry and attraction features that made relationships so dynamic.

2) I love the way that young adults and University were features you could only get by sending a Teen to college (and everything else that went along with going to college, such as: applying for scholarships, attending for four years, the coursework, living in dorms or housing if you could afford it, the NPC dormies and students, college community lots).

3) Base neighborhood community lots, townies, NPCs.

4) Hobbies and hobby enthusiasm.

5) Seasons and weather.

6) The attention to detail of different features of the game and the Sims.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited June 2020
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    EA needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel with every iteration of the Sims. You know the drill: bug-filled base game with very few features, taking literally YEARS to add seasons, weather, pets, and so on.

I have very little faith that TS5 will be worth buying, so really what EA can do for me is wavy goodbye as I play Paralives.

To be honest, I feel like EA’s problem is that they’re not trying to reinvent the wheel. They put out the same content in the same format over and over. They’re inability to implement robust customization features for Sims, Occult’s, and Worlds make it harder for players to truly play the life simulator they want.

I’m curious to see if they really will do something innovative with TS5 but I have my doubts. At the same time, the other day I was reading the Paralives FAQ and they were really clear about the things that weren’t in the game and it just makes me feel like it’ll be the same setup as The Sims. Buying an empty base and spend years paying to fill it up. Sigh.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited August 2020
    3PupDLS wrote: »
    They need to look at what made 1, 2, and 3 great games. Keep the main sims 5 offline, single player. Have a separate online game for those that want. Bring back things like open world, Cast, the option for story progression. Design the game for the intended audience and not children like the sims 4 is designed for. No more toilet humor. Better personalities, more choices, more creative options, no goal oriented play.

With everything Paralives is promising Maxis is going to need to truly step up there game.

Agree 100%!

Actually I couldn't quote every single person, but most people made very good points that I also agree with.

• candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Of all of the Sims games I think Sims 3 was the most advanced and probably the best because it kept with what the original creator want it to be. a daily story about Life in America. The game was geared to all ages but especially for children Sims 4 is not for Children it has too many Adult themes. The game is no longer for children and some adults find if offensive as well.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

I have very little faith that TS5 will be worth buying, so really what EA can do for me is wavy goodbye as I play Paralives.

To be honest, I feel like EA’s problem is that they’re not trying to reinvent the wheel. They put out the same content in the same format over and over.

Um, that is basically the definition of trying to reinvent the wheel -- doing the same thing over and over without being innovative.

• ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I think the main appeal of Paralives is the innovation. If you look at the comments under any of their YouTube videos a lot of it is shock and awe over the little things or things that The Sims team has yet to do or things The Sims team used to do but no longer does. The hair moving, parafolk sitting on counter tops or leaning against railings, the breeze blowing flowers and curtains, dust particles in the air, detailed back stories for parafolk, build/buy mode tools, a color wheel, pets and weather in the base game, customization options and more.

They've implemented more innovative things in a game that isn't even near completion yet and meanwhile you may get a few good new things out of The Sims but it feels like they've gotten comfortable and even a bit complacent. Not only do I think they need to look at what made all their previous games a success but I think they need to launch a major detailed survey to get player perspectives and to start being innovative with The Sims games.

If they put Paralives out with all the features confirmed to be in the base game and features they've probably got in mind for it that they have yet to announce as well, and the parafolk and gameplay are relatively decent (they are a small indie team after all so I'm not expecting the world on a gold platter) it doesn't look good for The Sims. Not in a 'they're going down, crashing and burning' way but in a 'that small team with far less people and money can do this and you can't, what's going on' way. It's already doesn't look good to me, whether you compare what Paralives is showing us to what we're seeing with The Sims 4 or whether you look at the previous Sims games and what the devs used to do vs what we get now. Even before Paralives was ever mentioned there had already been players saying The Sims 4 could be better than what it is or talking about its potential, and potential is still a word strongly associated with the game. What I think irritates some people is that some of the potential of The Sims 4 seems to come to life in Paralives. It's stuff some players have been hoping to have or be able to do for a while and maybe even stuff they never quite thought could happen.

I think the only reason there isn't a more critical look at The Sims is because Paralives isn't out yet and therefore beyond what the Paralives team says we don't know for sure if/when this game is coming out, what all will actually be in it, and what they're capable of doing. It's still in early development and it's easier for people to write off right now because it's not close to release and a copy can't be purchased to play. Yeah, we see these clips of these features and they look nice, but until players are actually playing it, for some people it still won't be "real" if that makes sense. Some of this stuff they say they're doing and can pull off won't be real to some of their doubters until the game is out and actually doing it. Plus, we've gone all this time with only EA telling us what's possible and what's not in The Sims so some of the stuff they say they'll do automatically sounds like a pipe dream to some because if it can be done why wouldn't The Sims have already done it? Then it's an indie team that says it's going to deliver on these things and despite some of the things indie developers have pulled off it's still impossible for someone to grasp that a team smaller than Maxis could bring something similar to The Sims to the table and it not be a poor man's version. That's just my feel of things from what I've been seeing though.

I think The Sims will still have loyal players regardless of how good or bad The Sims is. I think there will be players who play both and even players who abandon The Sims altogether for Paralives but if The Sims team wants to keep players interested in The Sims more than or equal to Paralives they need to start stepping up their game. That's part of the reason people want a competitor for them in first place. Even people who can't stand The Sims 4 love The Sims franchise, they just want to be treated better as consumers and players.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    add requested content to the sims4 by players
    Fix everything in Sims 4.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think the main appeal of Paralives is the innovation. If you look at the comments under any of their YouTube videos a lot of it is shock and awe over the little things or things that The Sims team has yet to do or things The Sims team used to do but no longer does. The hair moving, parafolk sitting on counter tops or leaning against railings, the breeze blowing flowers and curtains, dust particles in the air, detailed back stories for parafolk, build/buy mode tools, a color wheel, pets and weather in the base game, customization options and more.

They've implemented more innovative things in a game that isn't even near completion yet and meanwhile you may get a few good new things out of The Sims but it feels like they've gotten comfortable and even a bit complacent. Not only do I think they need to look at what made all their previous games a success but I think they need to launch a major detailed survey to get player perspectives and to start being innovative with The Sims games.

If they put Paralives out with all the features confirmed to be in the base game and features they've probably got in mind for it that they have yet to announce as well, and the parafolk and gameplay are relatively decent (they are a small indie team after all so I'm not expecting the world on a gold platter) it doesn't look good for The Sims. Not in a 'they're going down, crashing and burning' way but in a 'that small team with far less people and money can do this and you can't, what's going on' way. It's already doesn't look good to me, whether you compare what Paralives is showing us to what we're seeing with The Sims 4 or whether you look at the previous Sims games and what the devs used to do vs what we get now. Even before Paralives was ever mentioned there had already been players saying The Sims 4 could be better than what it is or talking about its potential, and potential is still a word strongly associated with the game. What I think irritates some people is that some of the potential of The Sims 4 seems to come to life in Paralives. It's stuff some players have been hoping to have or be able to do for a while and maybe even stuff they never quite thought could happen.

I think the only reason there isn't a more critical look at The Sims is because Paralives isn't out yet and therefore beyond what the Paralives team says we don't know for sure if/when this game is coming out, what all will actually be in it, and what they're capable of doing. It's still in early development and it's easier for people to write off right now because it's not close to release and a copy can't be purchased to play. Yeah, we see these clips of these features and they look nice, but until players are actually playing it, for some people it still won't be "real" if that makes sense. Some of this stuff they say they're doing and can pull off won't be real to some of their doubters until the game is out and actually doing it. Plus, we've gone all this time with only EA telling us what's possible and what's not in The Sims so some of the stuff they say they'll do automatically sounds like a pipe dream to some because if it can be done why wouldn't The Sims have already done it? Then it's an indie team that says it's going to deliver on these things and despite some of the things indie developers have pulled off it's still impossible for someone to grasp that a team smaller than Maxis could bring something similar to The Sims to the table and it not be a poor man's version. That's just my feel of things from what I've been seeing though.

I think The Sims will still have loyal players regardless of how good or bad The Sims is. I think there will be players who play both and even players who abandon The Sims altogether for Paralives but if The Sims team wants to keep players interested in The Sims more than or equal to Paralives they need to start stepping up their game. That's part of the reason people want a competitor for them in first place. Even people who can't stand The Sims 4 love The Sims franchise, they just want to be treated better as consumers and players.

Your post is so AMAZING! It should get more "awesome" votes than just the one I gave you because it is an accurate view on the whole matter.

• username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    EA doesn‘t have to do anything because Paralives is most likely never going to get released. They posted a road map today after certain things happened and it‘s a joke really. I‘m not a hater btw. I‘m a patron and I‘m considering to cancel my pledge.

Edit: Paralives is in very, very early stages of development. I‘d be surprised if it gets released before The Sims 6 tbh.

I was just about to say this...
    A lot of people are dropping out after that incident.

I used to be a pledge for Paralives, i quit giving personally, just because i dont like the Parafolks themselves, it was very important to me to like them. I have nothing against Paralives, its just not for me. Again , if Paralives is a huge success, great! But im personally more interested in Sims 5 :)
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Nothing - EA shouldn't do anything. People are going to leave regardless.

As you can see EA spends an extensive amount of time reaching out to those who aren't playing the game. The folks who are already simmers will play or not play. But that new crop of people they come in with no expectations and play the game. To them TS4 is the best sims game as it is the only sims game they ever played. And if TS5 comes out and that new crop of gamers come in to play it TS5 will be the best sims game.

So no, EA won't and shouldn't do anything to woo back those who are looking for greener grass or are extremely disgruntled. To the first group, they'll come back if they want to, they may even realize they can play both games and equally enjoy them. To the latter group - bye bye and take your toxicity with you.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »
    Nothing - EA shouldn't do anything. People are going to leave regardless.

As you can see EA spends an extensive amount of time reaching out to those who aren't playing the game. The folks who are already simmers will play or not play. But that new crop of people they come in with no expectations and play the game. To them TS4 is the best sims game as it is the only sims game they ever played. And if TS5 comes out and that new crop of gamers come in to play it TS5 will be the best sims game.

So no, EA won't and shouldn't do anything to woo back those who are looking for greener grass or are extremely disgruntled. To the first group, they'll come back if they want to, they may even realize they can play both games and equally enjoy them. To the latter group - bye bye and take your toxicity with you.

I wonder whether EA will gain or lose more when all this shakes out. Because they lost most of their SimCity players to Cities:Skylines. That was just one competitor in that category, but The Sims franchise is facing a lot more competitors this time.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't see people moving over to be honest. If the Sims 4, a game made by a huge team, is lacking interesting gameplay to them I don't see a small indie project having more interesting gameplay and ticking all the boxes. The game is certainly ambitious but my main feelings on it is that it'll be all style and no substance. They've already sort of shot themself in the foot by how customisable things are, it's gonna be incredibly hard to animate for those things to work in live mode. Maybe when it eventually comes out people will play it aswell but I don't see it taking over from the sims.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I could see Paralives as quite a good house planner. Seeing furniture, colours etc. inside and not just an architect's design. Will Wright thought of this at first before The Sims got going in the way it is now. You can move and expand features quite well from what I can see. I can't see myself playing a game with it though.
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't see people moving over to be honest. If the Sims 4, a game made by a huge team, is lacking interesting gameplay to them I don't see a small indie project having more interesting gameplay and ticking all the boxes. The game is certainly ambitious but my main feelings on it is that it'll be all style and no substance. They've already sort of shot themself in the foot by how customisable things are, it's gonna be incredibly hard to animate for those things to work in live mode. Maybe when it eventually comes out people will play it aswell but I don't see it taking over from the sims.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I could see Paralives as quite a good house planner. Seeing furniture, colours etc. inside and not just an architect's design. Will Wright thought of this at first before The Sims got going in the way it is now. You can move and expand features quite well from what I can see. I can't see myself playing a game with it though.

City:Skylines only had 11 people on staff when the game beat SimCities, which had a much larger workforce. I don't want the TS5 team to be over-confident and give us a TS4 v. 2.0 that is lazy and lacking much or a multiplayer riddled with microtransactions (oh, I'll just die if that happens!), so do you see why I get nervous about the way EAxis are now and what could happen to TS5?

So I want the thought of their competition to always be in the back of their minds as they develop TS5. I don't want to see the same grid-based building we've seen for the past 20 years. I want them to bring something fresh and groundbreaking, just like Paralives and the other competitors have on everything they've done so far.

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020

Actually Paralives have stated that they are using Procedural Animations, that is the reason why height size won't make a difference in interactions with objects.

"A procedural animation is a type of computer animation, used to automatically generate animation in real-time to allow for a more diverse series of actions than could otherwise be created using predefined animations."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_animation

Per dev Alex:
    I’m currently experimenting with a procedural animation system to save time. For example, two adults hugging vs an adult hugging a child would be two different animations normally but I’m thinking on a system that would adjust some frames of the pose to different heights” – Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    add requested content to the sims4 by players
    Personally I want to see The Sims Team fulfill some of the requests the Community has been asking for, stuff that has been requested and not seen in any of The Sims games before, I know they have done that for a few packs in the past and would like to see them continue to do that in future packs as well.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10

Actually Paralives have stated that they are using Procedural Animations, that is the reason why height size won't make a difference in interactions with objects.

"A procedural animation is a type of computer animation, used to automatically generate animation in real-time to allow for a more diverse series of actions than could otherwise be created using predefined animations."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_animation

Per dev Alex:
    I’m currently experimenting with a procedural animation system to save time. For example, two adults hugging vs an adult hugging a child would be two different animations normally but I’m thinking on a system that would adjust some frames of the pose to different heights” – Alex Masse, Paralives Discord, Off-Topic Category

I really love the innovation seen in Paralives. I'm honestly excited about that game!

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    "Challenge Everything!"
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Get more of the requested content (that the company *knows by now*) that Simmers want into Sims 4 as much as possible, and then make an amazing Sims 5 base game with more fleshed out features and includes stuff from older Sims base games like Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    I 🥰🥰 my little postcard I got in the mail from the Paralives team. It’s so cute!

I know mailing postcards to fans is ultimately not scalable, but Paralives has started on a great foundation of fan appreciation and collaboration to keep building up! The vibe is so different that I don’t even think I will have time to care about TS4 or 5 once Paralives is out. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    We wont be back...
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    If they want to do something fun and new; stick to something with potential replayable gameplay value such as a growing dynamic world. No world stays static throughout multiple generations of Sims. Make the world come alive as opposed to being a static backdrop or just plain static as in the previous Sims games.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited September 2020
    Nothing. There's a ton of RPGs, FPSs, survival, Basketball, Football, racing games out there. Why is so many people reacting as if there couldn't be more than one life sim in the market?
    Happy simming!