Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Best Build Mode

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims Franchise Discussion
As the title says...

I much prefer the Sims 4's Build Mode compared to the other Sims games. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

The Best Build Mode 135 votes

The Sims 1
1%
Admiral8QPotsae 2 votes
The Sims 2
0%
Cinebar 1 vote
The Sims 3
16%
Idontrcallfififoofoo2123Rflong7AyradyssmcruddCynnaalanmichael1AquariusMomJACKIEJOYspice3FelicityAlexaKryBettyboop55Sims4MagicalTalesFlyingPotato659Nikkei_SimmerChicklet453681smurfy77Brandontaylorizecson 22 votes
The Sims 4
81%
Akl500PJderrick094GoldmoldarGalacticGalsketchesalexspoom13Allearsdzidziak86CamkatPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettTheSpotted_CIsb917SimburianBloosmooelanorbretonDijktafonehaneulMariefoxprice83Jadeliyah 110 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims 4
    CAS and build/buy mode are among the only features Sims 4 has that exceed any of the past installations.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The Sims 4
    To be fair, I only have really built in the first iteration and in Sims 4. Never played Sims 2 and got frustrated after 20 minutes with the Sims 3 camera controls.
  • FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 build mode by far, it made build from houses to mansions such an easy task (and fun!).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4
    I mean it has to be ts4 its just so much easier to do things and you can adjust so many things you couldn't before (or were too noob to adjust cause it was super complex)

but to be fair I still miss so many weird/unique build things from ts1 and 2

like in short sims4 is awesome if you want to just build normal house but anytime you want something weird or unique oh boy will you be looking at ts1 and 2 drooling

and well obviously ts3 has patterns and colors thing which was handy but a rather tedious tool when you are indecisive as heck and want to change colors on everything all the time (me) so idk how i feel about that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4
    In my opinion TS4 has the best build tools by far.
    I use the Sims3 camera.

I do miss a couple of features TS3 was better at:
    • ceiling tiles
    • pond creation.
    • The create a world tool: I would like to be able to at least customize some of the districts in TS4.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    The Sims 4
    Anyone who doesn't vote The Sims 4 is delusional honestly.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    The Sims 4
    Once I got the hang of it, that is.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 3
    I said the sims 3 just because I loved making ponds, rivers, bridges and waterfalls. I miss building ponds ;)

fiAGbNs.jpg
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    The Sims 4

And there was really a need to say this?
    The Sims 4

Yea, there was. It's an exaggeration and a cynical comment because it's like the very few and rare things The Sims 4 does right.

You're clearly not delusional if you prefer TS3, don't try and victimize any other non-TS4 voter

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 without a doubt. Although there's some issues, like trying to delete individual tiles. When I first came over from TS3 I tried to delete a couple of tiles around the top of the stairs and the entire floor disappeared! In the Sims 3 you could just delete single tiles wherever you want but in Sims 3 you have to work out how to use the rooms system to make it work which is a pain. And then if you have a room in the roof, place one wall down and suddenly the rooms disappeared to be covered by roof!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4
    sims 3 almost wins cause of create a style, but its hard to build. sims 4 wins in that regard. its more intuitive and easier for people to jump into to build what they want despite the texture and color limitations

sims 4 could do better, ponds and split leveling particularly.
    The Sims 4
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Yea, there was. It's an exaggeration and a cynical comment because it's like the very few and rare things The Sims 4 does right.

You're clearly not delusional if you prefer TS3, don't try and victimize any other non-TS4 voter

You’re very charming aren’t you? Bravo. 👏🏻
    The Sims 4
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

You’re very charming aren’t you? Bravo. 👏🏻

I'm not here to be charming, here for entertainment or discussion.

Stop forcing a narrative or a 'mean' thing when it's not there.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    The Sims 3
    Onverser wrote: »
    Sims 4 without a doubt. Although there's some issues, like trying to delete individual tiles. When I first came over from TS3 I tried to delete a couple of tiles around the top of the stairs and the entire floor disappeared! In the Sims 3 you could just delete single tiles wherever you want but in Sims 3 you have to work out how to use the rooms system to make it work which is a pain. And then if you have a room in the roof, place one wall down and suddenly the rooms disappeared to be covered by roof!

THAT! That irritated me soooo much when I first started (well, if I'm honest it still does actually!)

TS4 is better for roofing I feel. And, I do use the push/pull feature for the walls on occasion, but I almost never use the pick up a room and add it feature, I always draw out my walls like old school.

I feel like in TS3 you could make a lot more variety of houses (not that I personally could but TS3 builders had some amazing builds with attic rooms).

In TS3 we could also remove/change the world, so that's a plus for me too. Because some of the worlds in TS4 have trees placed that totally block the view of the front of your house and you have no way to move the tree so you're either stuck with it or you have to build your house with off center to avoid that.

I'm pretty sure in TS3 you could build right to the edge of your lot too, so you didn't have that one sidewalk tile missing.

Plus, TS3 had CASt, that was awesome! And the ability to paint the ceiling, I've been wanting that in TS4 since the beginning.

Although, I would have to say that TS3 & TS4 both have their good things and bad things, I would still have to go with TS3 if I had to pick.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    The Sims 4
    In general I would say the sims 4 but I still miss the pond tool and the tricks I could use in sims 2 to create houses with an outside door to the basement.
    like this
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I like TS4 building, but miss stuff from TS2, mainly ponds, stages, possibility to delete single floor tiles around the stairs, building houses on slopes with walk in basements, etc. I could live with pool ponds if we were given some easy to use pond looking border for them.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    The Sims 4
    I miss building ponds too. I either make them from a pool with moo for edge decor or i use the one from debug. It's a shame debug doesn't at least have different shapes and sizes. And it's not cool to only allow 4 sims at a time to fish.

I also preferred ts3 roofing, and the gable decor bits we had.

But other than those 2 things, ts4 building is so much better.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    The Sims 4
    Hands down but the terrain tools I find are a nightmare!
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The Sims 4
    I'm surprised TS4 doesn't have ponds by now. I do what others do and use debug or a pool with MOO on and cover the edges.

Whatever Sims version you prefer, it's pretty undeniable that the one thing that did get better and better every time was the build modes. TS2 was better than 1. 3 was better than 2. That doesn't hold true for all aspects of the game but IMO, it certainly does for build mode.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    The Sims 4
    Editing or moving rooms with drag-and-drop is the best that could happen to build mode. In TS3, extending a room from 4x5 to 4x6 meant removing the wall, adding new walls, then adding wallpapers and stuff. In TS4, it's done in 2 seconds by dragging a wall. Not to mention the stair tools that were eventually patched in.

One of the reasons I don't miss leaving TS3 behind (in addition to awful load times) is the build mode.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 because it's sooooo forgiving of my mistakes as I go through the process. But I really miss Sims 3 autoroofing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 4
    The building mode is one of two options that I do like out of Sims 4 but I brought the game to play and not build 100% of the time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The Sims 4
    It’s convenient to use, TS3 you had to Buy mode and build mode separate, TS4, Atleast it’s all in 1.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited August 2020
    The Sims 1
    Can't vote fair since I haven't used any other of "The Sims" build modes other than 4. ;)

So I voted for The Sims "1" :tongue:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png