Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• ShaymanthaShaymantha Posts: 769 Member
    Hello fellow simmers, i'm from uk and played sims since the sims 2 always played offline until a few weeks ago! I love art and design as well as building lots on the sims. Hope you all having fun happy simming. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Shaymantha wrote: »
    Hello fellow simmers, i'm from uk and played sims since the sims 2 always played offline until a few weeks ago! I love art and design as well as building lots on the sims. Hope you all having fun happy simming. :)

Hello @Shaymantha :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating, building and seeing what happened in the lives of your sims!
    Building homes and venues is a very nice and enjoyable part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy expressing our creativity through our builds! It is very nice working out how we want to furnish the interior, and what style will be the exterior.
    Happy simming! :)
  • nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    Hellooo, I'm Nahnah! I've been playing The Sims for years but I joined the forums specifically to look for challenges and new ways to play the game because somehow, I end up playing the same story again and again whenever I play. So I'll just be reading lots of threads for now and gathering inspiration, I assume. :D
    Hellooo, I'm Nahnah! I've been playing The Sims for years but I joined the forums specifically to look for challenges and new ways to play the game because somehow, I end up playing the same story again and again whenever I play. So I'll just be reading lots of threads for now and gathering inspiration, I assume. :D

Hello @nahnahtodei :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming for many years, and it is great that you have joined the forums. Many simmers have posted on the threads about ways that they play their games. I hope you will find inspiration and enjoy carrying gameplay ideas into your own game.
    You may like to look at the threads in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and you may find a challenge you would like to do there also
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

> @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @Shaymantha :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing, creating, building and seeing what happened in the lives of your sims!
    > Building homes and venues is a very nice and enjoyable part of simming! It is great that we can enjoy expressing our creativity through our builds! It is very nice working out how we want to furnish the interior, and what style will be the exterior.
    > Happy simming! :)

Nice to meet you too and yes i have spent many hours enjoying the game in all aspects! One of my builds did use some inspiration from the sims 2 which is my Gym venue shared in my gallery called 'The Barracks'. My gym venue i built when playing strangerville S4 with my sim being in the military career. Unlike sims 2 where one of the career rewards was an assault course that your sim could use at home hasn't been part of the game since to my knowledge so i built a lot with a decoration one instead! :D
    > @Raynn said:
    > Hi, I'm Raynn. I've been playing Sims off and on since Sims 1, although I skipped 3 - I played 2 for far too long (my fifth generation neighbourhood was a crashing mess). I got Sims 4 a couple of years ago, with only a couple of packs. I finally added the rest of the packs over the early part of this year. Lately, I've been building a lot, although I also enjoy playing too. I always play rotationally, trying to fill the entire world with my Sims and their descendants.

Hi there and lol glad i'm not the only one! I usually replace all the houses and venues too once i've made enough do you do that too?
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    Hello! My name is Brad and I started playing the Sims 4 in June. I’m not a gamer but needed something to fill my time in quarantine. I spent a couple of weeks just playing around, then learned how to build, and started my first legacy challenge 3 weeks ago. It has been a blast! It’s a Merman legacy on Sapphire Shores in Sulani. The kids are currently 3rd generation. I don’t know anyone else who plays this game so here I am to talk about it.
    Hello! My name is Brad and I started playing the Sims 4 in June. I’m not a gamer but needed something to fill my time in quarantine. I spent a couple of weeks just playing around, then learned how to build, and started my first legacy challenge 3 weeks ago. It has been a blast! It’s a Merman legacy on Sapphire Shores in Sulani. The kids are currently 3rd generation. I don’t know anyone else who plays this game so here I am to talk about it.

Hello @SantiagoWitt :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started Simming this year and are enjoying building and doing a legacy challenge. Simming is fun! It is great that you have reached the third generation of your legacy! I hope that it continues to go well! Sulani is a lovely Sims world!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads, and chatting with fellow simmers as you post on the threads.
  • brioniinicolebrioniinicole Posts: 3 New Member
    I JUST NOTICED THIS WAS A THING!! XD Well, Hiii!! My name is....well as is... Brionii Nicole, but that's pretty formal. Brionii is just fine! I made this account about a month or so ago and have been pretty busy so i'm not regularly on here as i want to/planned to be(sorry!! :c) Umm was there a certain set of questions to answer or...
    Well, I haven't played for a long time. I had a Sims DS game when i was in junior high and that was fun, then I got to play Sims 3 in 2012 and i loved it so much! I got the Sims 4 a few years ago and have been playing "offline" since until a couple months ago. I saw the gallery became cross platform and a friend suggested I share the things I've been making. I design buildings and i'd like to have a B.Arch one day so building on this game then being able to walk around the buildings is very surreal and fun!! Of course i can't build everything. It would be really nice if Sims had more CAD-like features but it is a game so *shrug* I also see the true features lie on PC and im on xbox XD. Anyway, I try to play with the sims themselves but I get so caught up in building "for them", I haven't played with the family in what seems like weeks. BUT I did make my friends and I, and characters from stories. I like watching them walk about and interact. My sim had a couple kids and I'd like to see what the college is like at some point! (If I can get around to it!)
    I don't know much about challenges or really any of the things everyone does on here. I DID try a shell challenge by Bru_Bill (idk if they're on here). I'd like to make a shell challenge myself one day! Oh! IMPORTANT QUESTION: how do you guys keep people from stealing and reposting without permission!? I saw a few profiles doing that and they had such a following! My builds are pretty important to me. I know it still shows the original creator usually but still!
    I'm on xbox as D00MBUNNIE, it was supposed to be the name of my comic company hahaha. I play a few other things off and on, but between work and studying, I don't always have the time like i used to. Please find my builds thru the gallery via either name or #LiorriArchitects! Like, download, use and enjoy!! I am SO HAPPY AND GET SO EXCITED seeing downloads and likes!! It feels like my heart will burst!! If only I could see you use them!! That's my only problem!! I'd want to know if you redecorated or if you're using a house for generations!! (generations?!?!? my heart!!!!!!!)
    Sorry that was a lot for an intro!
    I JUST NOTICED THIS WAS A THING!! XD Well, Hiii!! My name is....well as is... Brionii Nicole, but that's pretty formal. Brionii is just fine! I made this account about a month or so ago and have been pretty busy so i'm not regularly on here as i want to/planned to be(sorry!! :c) Umm was there a certain set of questions to answer or...
    Well, I haven't played for a long time. I had a Sims DS game when i was in junior high and that was fun, then I got to play Sims 3 in 2012 and i loved it so much! I got the Sims 4 a few years ago and have been playing "offline" since until a couple months ago. I saw the gallery became cross platform and a friend suggested I share the things I've been making. I design buildings and i'd like to have a B.Arch one day so building on this game then being able to walk around the buildings is very surreal and fun!! Of course i can't build everything. It would be really nice if Sims had more CAD-like features but it is a game so *shrug* I also see the true features lie on PC and im on xbox XD. Anyway, I try to play with the sims themselves but I get so caught up in building "for them", I haven't played with the family in what seems like weeks. BUT I did make my friends and I, and characters from stories. I like watching them walk about and interact. My sim had a couple kids and I'd like to see what the college is like at some point! (If I can get around to it!)
    I don't know much about challenges or really any of the things everyone does on here. I DID try a shell challenge by Bru_Bill (idk if they're on here). I'd like to make a shell challenge myself one day! Oh! IMPORTANT QUESTION: how do you guys keep people from stealing and reposting without permission!? I saw a few profiles doing that and they had such a following! My builds are pretty important to me. I know it still shows the original creator usually but still!
    I'm on xbox as D00MBUNNIE, it was supposed to be the name of my comic company hahaha. I play a few other things off and on, but between work and studying, I don't always have the time like i used to. Please find my builds thru the gallery via either name or #LiorriArchitects! Like, download, use and enjoy!! I am SO HAPPY AND GET SO EXCITED seeing downloads and likes!! It feels like my heart will burst!! If only I could see you use them!! That's my only problem!! I'd want to know if you redecorated or if you're using a house for generations!! (generations?!?!? my heart!!!!!!!)
    Sorry that was a lot for an intro!

Hello @brioniinicole :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims on the DS, then that led you to play Sims 3 and now Sims 4. Simming is very enjoyable!
    It is great that you are enjoying building and sharing your builds through the gallery! :) It is very exciting when someone favs and/or downloads our creations!
  • RaynnRaynn Posts: 23 Member
    > @Shaymantha said:
    > Hi there and lol glad i'm not the only one! I usually replace all the houses and venues too once i've made enough do you do that too?

Absolutely! Most of the houses start as just tinkering to adapt to the family's needs, but eventually most get fully replaced. Same thing with venues - I usually move them to the smaller lots, so my families can have bigger houses/gardens.
    > @Raynn said:
    > > @Shaymantha said:
    > > Hi there and lol glad i'm not the only one! I usually replace all the houses and venues too once i've made enough do you do that too?
    >
    > Absolutely! Most of the houses start as just tinkering to adapt to the family's needs, but eventually most get fully replaced. Same thing with venues - I usually move them to the smaller lots, so my families can have bigger houses/gardens.
    >

wow even i do that too cos i seem to have problems building small houses! Even 1 of my penthouses ended up being a mansion lol
  • Kentonindy5Kentonindy5 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been playing since Sims 1, but for some reason I couldn't get signed into KentonIndy. So KentonIndy5 it is! Brand new forum account, long time player.
    I've been playing since Sims 1, but for some reason I couldn't get signed into KentonIndy. So KentonIndy5 it is! Brand new forum account, long time player.

Hello @Kentonindy5 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years, and have enjoyed playing many households and seeing how they lives developed in your game :)
  • HappyrosesimsHappyrosesims Posts: 44 Member
    Hi fellow simmers <3 My name is Moa, i'm 23 years old and have Played sims as long as I can remember (started with sims 1 and now i'm on 4) I'm mostly doing machinimas and cas videos on my youtube channel (Happyrosesims if anyone's interested) I miss sims 3 which will always be my favourite sims game but I just can't stand the lag anymore so that's why I switched to sims 4 lol. I'm from sweden which is the most cold and depressed country in the world. So computer games are pretty much the only good thing we have here except dogs and cats of course(Animal lover). I love to play sims because then I can escape reality for a while. I'm not super good at english but I hope you will understand me anyway.

Xoxo, Moa <3
    Hi fellow simmers <3 My name is Moa, i'm 23 years old and have Played sims as long as I can remember (started with sims 1 and now i'm on 4) I'm mostly doing machinimas and cas videos on my youtube channel (Happyrosesims if anyone's interested) I miss sims 3 which will always be my favourite sims game but I just can't stand the lag anymore so that's why I switched to sims 4 lol. I'm from sweden which is the most cold and depressed country in the world. So computer games are pretty much the only good thing we have here except dogs and cats of course(Animal lover). I love to play sims because then I can escape reality for a while. I'm not super good at english but I hope you will understand me anyway.

Xoxo, Moa <3

Hello @Happyrosesims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. Simming is fun! It is very enjoyable way of taking a break from real life and all that our day and lives have been holding.
    It is great that you have a Simming YouTube channel! Simmers would be enjoying watching the machinimas and cas videos that you post.
    Cats and dogs in the game are cute! As an animal lover, you would be enjoying having them in your games.
  • shelbysimsshelbysims Posts: 3 New Member
    hi
    I'm shelbysim and i only been playing sims4 sine last christmas (2019). Somehow between my farm chores "school" and life i find a way to have fun play sims 4 and try to build house :s. It almost the end of the year and i finley found the sims 4 forums and im so grateful i did! everyone on here is so nice and helpful (especially rosemow)
    shelbysims wrote: »
    hi
    I'm shelbysim and i only been playing sims4 sine last christmas (2019). Somehow between my farm chores "school" and life i find a way to have fun play sims 4 and try to build house :s. It almost the end of the year and i finley found the sims 4 forums and im so grateful i did! everyone on here is so nice and helpful (especially rosemow)

Hello @shelbysims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming last Christmas and have been enjoying having fun playing Sims 4 during this year.
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting about your sims and what is happening in your game.
  • CookieDreamsCookieDreams Posts: 2 New Member
    I've owned Sims4 for a while now and just created this forum account in an attempt to find mods.
    I've owned Sims4 for a while now and just created this forum account in an attempt to find mods.

Hello @CookieDreams :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been playing Sims 4 for a while. It is enjoyable and fun to see what is happening in the lives of our sims.
    You may like to read and post on the threads in the mods section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • mlplaysthesimsmlplaysthesims Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all!

My name is Kim, though I usually go by merrylegs or ML when gaming. I have been playing the sims since the very beginning, but took a long break after Sims 4 came out. I've been doing a lot of building in 4, but started to really feel nostalgic about the gameplay in Sims 3, so I've been playing around with 3 as well and that's what actually brought me to the forums. There's obviously a ton of resources for 4, but I feel like I'm basically trying to start 3 from scratch and I'm trying to find more of the Sims 3 players.

Thanks for having me!
    Hello all!

My name is Kim, though I usually go by merrylegs or ML when gaming. I have been playing the sims since the very beginning, but took a long break after Sims 4 came out. I've been doing a lot of building in 4, but started to really feel nostalgic about the gameplay in Sims 3, so I've been playing around with 3 as well and that's what actually brought me to the forums. There's obviously a ton of resources for 4, but I feel like I'm basically trying to start 3 from scratch and I'm trying to find more of the Sims 3 players.

Thanks for having me!

Hello @mlplaysthesims :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims1, and after a break you were back doing building in Sims 4. It is great that you are now also playing Sims 3.Both Sims 3 and Sims 4 are great versions to play!
    You may like to read the threads in the Sims 3 section of the forums
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion
    and Carl’s Sims 3 site is also very helpful
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/
  • GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    Sul Sul Simmers! I am a long time The Sims player, I started playing The Sims back when The Sims 1 was actively going on hehee so I have been Simming for nearly two decades now eeek. I love everyhing gothy, occulty and spooky in real life and in game so you can expect me playing with vampires, spellcaster and everyhing occulty in the game. In real life I am a wiccan and love to go ghost hunting, I am a big goth, and I love everything halloween and autumn/fall, you will most lilkey see me playing The Sims all day to live my vampire/witch fantasy ingame though so i dont feel judged in real life XD overall I am very excited to be back in the community after so long and I am excited to get to know all you amazing Simmers!

Dag Dag

E
    Clubkian wrote: »
    Sul Sul Simmers! I am a long time The Sims player, I started playing The Sims back when The Sims 1 was actively going on hehee so I have been Simming for nearly two decades now eeek. I love everyhing gothy, occulty and spooky in real life and in game so you can expect me playing with vampires, spellcaster and everyhing occulty in the game. In real life I am a wiccan and love to go ghost hunting, I am a big goth, and I love everything halloween and autumn/fall, you will most lilkey see me playing The Sims all day to live my vampire/witch fantasy ingame though so i dont feel judged in real life XD overall I am very excited to be back in the community after so long and I am excited to get to know all you amazing Simmers!

Dag Dag

E

Hello @Clubkian :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time playing, creating, and building!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forum threads and chatting with fellow simmers as you post.
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello. I am playing The Sims games since 1, so far with every packs except some stuff packs. I also mod & share CAS ccs on a website and am a mod user. One of the reasons I joined to this community is that I feel from time to time that other players and I have different playstyles. I want to share both my view on this game, future games and ideas and get to know of other players'. Creating sims and playing with them, interacting them with Sim world: these unintentionally generate a background story for every sim we create. I think this is great because I start to bound to them and care about them. After a while, they turn into unique individuals. It's very similar to the process of character creation and development in novel writing actually.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top