Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Ooof! That was a wild wild ride! I'm loving where your story is headed next <3 There's so much drama coming up!

Arc 11
    I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?
    They most certainly add. Personally I find politics intriguing so if the themes were to expand in that direction I wouldn’t mind at all. This was a very engaging chapter for me.

Did you enjoy Kass' late night rendezvous at the Jolt with a certain someone?
    Woah.. Davis waited for her the entire time? OK granted he lives there and is watching TV so not quite I guess. I enjoyed it definitely. He’s really good with people so I hope he doesn’t break Kass’s heart seeing as she’s completely taken in. I did feel a little sorry for them because their date keeps getting interrupted haha. It can’t have felt good being in Davis’s shoes. He seems to have an infinite amount of patience though. But at this point, I feel very sorry for Gage. He deserves the truth.

What are your thoughts about the 'surprise visitor' Kass found at her home?
    I thought it was interesting. Their family seems normal enough so I'm wondering why would any shady persons have any interest in them. At this point there's so many directions this can go though, like could they be interested because of her grandparents being heavily involved in politics or her dad's relations since what he did after he divorced Amy was only briefly touched upon, then there’s Gage’s more controversial family background to consider too. xD

Arc 12
    Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences.  Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    I thought the action sequences were written well. There was a lot going on at once and I was roped in on the tension and reading quickly to find out what happened next. Very engaging! And there definitely was so much intrigue in this arc. I’m intrigued about Davis’s background, Amy’s thought processes, Clark’s identity (he seems like a P.I. but I’m not sure if private investigators carry weapons), and.. I can’t wait to find out what Gage thinks about what happened to Kass’s family, and then finding out that there was some guy who took over his spot as Kass’s to-go person… Ah man.. Poor Gage.

How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?
    It made me wonder more about Davis for sure which I’ve elaborated above. I found his flaw very annoying but it did make me wonder about his obsession. Davis is a smooth guy who knows exactly what to do and say in social situations and this flaw of his took him imo 180 degree out of character. For it to make sense to me I’ve likened his obsession to that of addicts since it made him change so dramatically like that.

I didn’t realise Kass overreacted. She responded with annoyance which was natural. Anyone would be deeply annoyed if they’re trying to get things working and their companion were not helping, even worse droning on about something as trivial when things around are falling apart.

Any guesses as to who was at Kass' home or why?
    I cannot think who in their right mind would think it’s a good idea to break into a house when the house just got broken into. If they are the same person, which I think they are, they must be super desperate to retrieve or find whatever it is they want, which got me wondering about the brooch. Maybe it’s connected to something supernatural and so has a higher value than what was implied in this chapter.

Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?
    There was a lot of anger, assumptions and unresolved issues in this chapter. She never really got over Kass’s father for leaving them. I like this interlude. More context for other characters is always a fresh change and adds to the story. I half-expected Howard to follow Amy home, but Kate would hold him back. I’m expecting him to reach out to Kass next chapter. Amy seems like an impulsive person, protective of her daughters, not too good at conflict resolution and... prickly. There's too little about Howard and Kate to go on. I did think Kate was very level-headed in how she responded to someone knocking on their door that late in the night.

How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).
    Amy’s caught up in her own problems. It turned out for the worst here but I don’t think of her badly actually. I think society has a tendency to put a lot of expectations on ‘mothers’ in general. They’re expected to provide and provide without anything in return. This chapter doesn’t convey that message, but it highlights it. It’s true that her daughters went through a traumatic experience and needed their mom, but throughout the story, Amy had no emotional support from her family. The one time she tried to introduce her support (Clark) to the family, the girls practically turned their noses on him (except Kass, but she wasn’t accepting of him either.) So Amy’s relationship with her daughters aren’t good because no one is trying to understand where each person is coming from. I think it’s realistic though, considering their ages and Amy’s mental condition. She might also see herself as the 'Adult' and her children as well, 'children' and thus not share her problems with them in the first place. She's definitely still viewing Kass that way with her 'ground everyone' parental practice.

She also has a curious tendency to jump the gun, make assumptions, not explain her rules/reasoning behind her actions or decisions. She understands politeness (the way she talked to the police and apologised on Kass’s behalf) but she’s extremely harsh about Gage and Davis. This makes me think that when she briefly suggested that she had no choice but to marry Howard, it could be because she accidentally got preggers. I know, super wild assumption, but that would explain how strict she is about no boys staying over because we know she’s super protective about her children to the point of neglecting her own safety (Going over to Howard’s place to threaten him without Clark for backup is.. not the wisest choice).

As for the slap… I didn’t think it was violence. I’m surprised a warning is needed. I’m probably desensitised.

General Questions
    What do you think of the story so far? What things do you like or dislike and why?
    I think the story is fun to read and engaging. I liked how you expanded the world naturally through the story itself. I like that it’s fast becoming a thriller/action because I’m interested in that sort of drama lol. There was one part I thought was a little out of place which was Memory lane. It was great to see Kass’s past and get to know the girls better, but it would’ve helped if there was a strong reason for Kass to take that trip into her mind. It sort of feels cut off from the rest of the story and had me wondering what the purpose of it all is. I’m thinking it must be relevant for future chapters, but I did zone off a little bit. I still liked getting to know the girls though.

Has your opinion/impression about Kass or any of the characters changed (for better or worse) based on where you are in the story?
    I like Gage more, Davis is still going strong for me. I’ve adored Kass’s family, definitely LOVE her grandparents. For all their flaws, they sound like awesome relatives (except for the part about Rafe looking down on Howard). I am a little peeved at Kass for what she’s doing to Gage. I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she had that moment of confusion where she wondered what love is and if she felt anything for Gage. Now that it’s perfectly clear her butterflies flutter for Davis, she needs to talk to Gage. Also didn’t approve of her using Gage’s kindness to meet up with Davis loool. I wanted to know what happened to Madison there. :lol:

If you could give Kass one piece of advice (for any of the things she's facing), what would it be?
    Kass, it is okay to say no. Tell people you need time. Time to find yourself, reassess what you want and what’s most important to you and take things one at a time. You're overwhelmed and you don't realise it. Any one of those events happening in your life will need some time for reflection, let alone a whole barrage of it.

A couple times I used pictures that were otherwise 'ruined' story-wise and had to come up with odd explanations (i.e. Kass 'greying' out at the doctor's office in 1.13, her dream sequence with Gage in 1.15, the kitchen scenes in 1.21). Did you like these or did they annoy you?
    I didn’t realise they were ‘ruined’. They fit in well with the story. Tbh, sometimes I can read your writing entirely and not notice that the chapter doesn’t even have a single picture haha! I meant that as a compliment. I’m so immersed and I can picture everything so vividly that I sometimes skip the pictures to move on to the next part quickly.

Any questions for me? Or for my characters? (I'll happily load up TS3 to answer questions in character format) 
    I have a lot of questions about the story, but I feel as if I’m spoiling things for myself if I asked them. I’m expecting a rather turbulent ride next. I’ll ask just two then!

Amy: Sorry for super personal and intrusive question, but am I right to assume Clark the first man you’ve been with since Howard? Why do you find him attractive? (Besides his accent and guitar playing ofc)

Gage: (Another intrusive question! XD ) You were determined to get to know your roots better, but when you confessed to Kass, you told her you were alright with staying put and not pursuing your studies in .. was it Riverview? Anyway, what made you suddenly realise your feelings for Kass and I must say it’s surprisingly strong if you could make that comment. So I’d like if you could explain that part too.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2020
    Arc 10
    @_sims_Yimi
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    “Oh, look. Mr. stand-me-up is back. He better have a pretty darn good excuse for ignoring her the way he- wait. They never exchanged phone numbers? He can’t even reach her? LAL. Yeah, okay. I forgive you. That is hilarious.” < was my train of thought, basically. xD

Bahahaha! That's great! :lol: So in game, I'm pretty sure the guy fell asleep. Poor guy is overworked, and yeah, they didn't exchange numbers.

Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response.
    #TeamDavis all the way. Kass is clearly not attracted to Gage, but she keeps stringing the poor guy along. I’m actually a little angry at her over it. And I feel like it should be #neither until she clearly chooses one and rejects the other – and the rejection HAS TO COME FIRST, KASS. HELLO? KASS?

Neither is a valid response, and the most rational of course. Yes, she needs to make her peace with Gage.

@Skeilah
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis? Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more? Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response.
    Absolutely triggered. I didn't like it at all xD Why of all places there?! And why is Kass so easily going with it??? YOU STOOD THERE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR AND HE DIDN'T SHOW UP. Sorry, it really made me mad.

I don't really care if his explanation was sufficient, phuh. If I was Kass, I would have slapped him in the face from the moment I saw him xD! But okay, I need to admit, his explanation was good. Hopefully it was true BECAUSE ELSE I'M GOING CRAZY. One chance, Davis. One chance.

I started as #TeamGage and I'm still #TeamGage. Part of the hope I had for Gage flowed away just now because of the way Kass handled this situation with Davis but the other part is still here. I secretly hope that Davis is a 'bad guy', which Kass doesn't want in her life with all the drama going on. xD But then I fear that he isn't and we're stuck with Davis and Gage's heart will be broken. </3

Ooff! No love for Davis!?! :cold_sweat::grimace: I can understand how you feel though. You take your time to look pretty for a guy and make an effort and no show and no call. I'd be really disappointed too and miffed. But in his defense, he didn't actually have her number and his phone battery died so it really was a Murphy's Law situation. I really am happy though there are some readers who are #TeamGage. I don't always know if I wrote him as a likeable character. :grimace:

@Duvelina
    I'm glad you were willing to give Davis a chance. I think he turned out to be an imperfect but a pretty good guy.

@mercuryfoam
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?

Oof I love how they skipped around the elephant in the room for awhile and David finally took the plunge and apologised. That was good of him. I liked how he answered her questions on what he’s doing at her nonna’s house very nonchalantly and simply. Nor was he flustered about it. He’s confident but not pompous nor pretentious. What a nice change.

This is a refreshing answer. I feel like most people are mad at Davis for failing to show up or they are weirded out about him showing up at her grandparents. I think he is level headed and smooth here while being respectful to her grandparents. But not everyone thinks so. :sweat_smile:
    I think it was sufficient yeah. He seemed like he overplans a lot of things for himself and his life and has an overachiever sort of personality that he can do everything. So it didn’t strike me as weird that he would accept jobs back to back without realising of the what ifs when things don’t play out as well.

Davis has the workaholic trait and yeah he is a bit of an overachiever.
    I’m all for team davis but I do want to see Gage doing his finest. For the earlier chapters he wasn’t in his best because of the clashes with Kass. Davis is smoother, more set in life and seems like the less complicated choice. Also he’s been smitten by Kass since the first time he met her so he’s been very charming. I’d love to see Gage put on that ‘date charm’. Davis scored alot of brownie points from me for how carefully he juggled Kass’s nervousness without making her feel bad about herself while Gage scored brownie points when he also very smoothly handled Kass’s awkwardness and have Kass feel comfortable around him again. They both have their strengths! Its up to Kass if she wants the smooth stud or cuddly bear.

I'm glad you'd like to see Gage "at his finest" as you nicely put. I do think Gage deserves some credit. He isn't a total tool. I promise. Davis is also older and more mature than Gage with a lot more life experience. He's around 25 here so that might explain some of his smoothness. I did *squee* a little when you called Gage a "cuddly bear." Sometimes he's cuddly and sometimes he's a bear. It's a good description for him. :blush:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    General Questions
    What do you think of the story so far? What things do you like or dislike and why?

I like the story, although it is a little slow-paced for my liking. I am having a harder time with the characters, especially Kass. She is hard to relate to for me and most of her choices either make me raise my eyebrows or frustrate me for some reason. I'm talking about the overall story here, not just up until Arc 12. I do enjoy reading the mysteries and figuring out what's going on along with Kass though. And there are some characters I do like, for example Andromeda and Davis. I especially loved Davis' whole interlude later on and getting to know more about him.
    Has your opinion/impression about Kass or any of the characters changed (for better or worse) based on where you are in the story?

My opinion on Davis changed throughout. I love Davis, even more after reading about his past. I wasn't sure how to feel about him at first but I really came to admire him. I also wasn't sure about Gage, but my opinion of him only got worse. I don't like Gage and I don't think I ever will, or a major attitude change has to happen. I think he'll be more likable to me if he lets his crush on Kass go.

Kass fluctuates for me throughout the story. There are some points where I like her, but then she turns and does something that I don't agree with. :D
    If you could give Kass one piece of advice (for any of the things she's facing), what would it be?

Take a step back and breathe. Let everything sink in, don't brush over it and push yourself through whatever you're facing. It's not worth it and it will cost you your mental health.
    A couple times I used pictures that were otherwise 'ruined' story-wise and had to come up with odd explanations (i.e. Kass 'greying' out at the doctor's office in 1.13, her dream sequence with Gage in 1.15, the kitchen scenes in 1.21). Did you like these or did they annoy you?

I'm so impressed with your ability to weave these things into your story. I never questioned any of them and when I would read the author's notes, I was surprised it wasn't planned or thought out before.
    Any questions for me? Or for my characters? (I'll happily load up TS3 to answer questions in character format)

I have some questions!

Kass: Do you know what you want to study in college already (don't remember if it was mentioned or not)? Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? How do you feel about moving away from Sunset Valley for college?

For you:

What has been your favourite scene to write from the arcs we had to read?
    What characteristics from the different characters in your story can you relate to?
    If you were Kass, who would you choose? #TeamDavis or #TeamGage?
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited August 2020
    This has been so exciting! I'm buzzed after reading :smiley:

Arc-Specific Questions
    Arc 8
    • How do you feel about Kass' mental state? Do you think it's believable?
      I think Kass really takes a lot of everyone else's issues or mysteries and makes them her own. I think there's so much happening around her, there's SO much going on, and she doesn't or can't take a step back and just relax in this period of her life. She's living that summer between high school and university, she should enjoy it! But she's so concerned about her family, friends, and herself so her head is full to the bursting. I'm not surprised that she's having trouble with this. I think that you've written it in a way that's very believable, especially since the mysteries and questions have been gradually added into the mix and not all at once. When we started the story, Kass seemed less frazzled, but now that things have developed, she's slowly grown more and more concerned and almost overwhelmed with everything going on, and I think you showed that slow descent very well.
    • What is your impression of Madison?
      We've not seen too much of her (in this arc, at least), so I'm not sure I have much of an opinion on her. There's something going on with the circumstances under which she was injured, and I hope it's not as bad as Kass thinks, but Madison wasn't too open about it, so I guess we'll see. When we see her later in the arc, she seems better, and I think that her being interested in Gage is an interesting development. I like that she's adding a little spice into the Gage storyline, as I'm sure Kass will have to truly face her feelings for Gage if she sees someone else is into him, and even asking her for help! I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.
    • What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
      I think it's awesome that you take these pre-made characters that exist in The Sims universe and made them your own, adding backstories and developing their characters to fit into your own universe. I do this occasionally (although only notably with Mitchell Kalani in my own story), so I'm a fan of it. I didn't really get to play The Sims 3 very much because at the time it was really popular I didn't really have a good computer, and when I finally got one, The Sims 4 had just come out, so I don't know much about these characters. In my mind, you're defining them for me and I'll look at them later as only being defined by your canon. I like this. :)
    • How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
      Oh gosh, it was AWKWARD. All those guys paying attention to her (even though the last one was on a mission), when Kass was really only wanting attention from one, who STOOD HER UP. Sigh. It was a well-written chapter, I think. You did a good job with the humor, and I liked it a lot. The first guy was just a creep, so I wasn't a fan, although I laughed a little about how... pathetic his flirting attempts were. Ansel was kind of unwittingly dorky with the way he tries to attract the ladies, but he's cute and I liked his interactions with Kass. And Ian, AH, that was thrilling at the end. I really like how you're setting up all these mysteries, because I know they're going to explode at some point and it's going to be awesome.

Kass's first day at her internship was really full. She can never catch a break, can she? Everywhere she goes, there are people that either add to the mysteries and questions already filling her head, or she meets new ones that create other questions entirely. On top of that, she had so much work in just her first day! It's good that she has an internship because that'll be good for her future and her CV, but man, I kind of wish she had taken the whole summer off to relax. She needs it! (But hey, then we wouldn't have had more exciting developments to read, and we can't have that, can we? ;) )
    • Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?
      I really don't think Clara is another woman he's seeing. I think it would just be too much, and Kass is reading too much into the situation. I mean, she already knows he's shady, so she's predisposed to seeing him as a bad person, so thinking he's cheating when he could actually be talking to a daughter or someone else is normal for Kass. I'm not sure if I can predict anything else about him, though! He's truly a mystery to me. I'm excited to see where his story will go, though.

Arc 9
    • What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?
      I think that they have a good friendship. Obviously it's been kind of thrown for a loop with Gage's revelation and Kass's own feelings about it, but it's evident from the way they talk to and interact with each other that there's a long history there, and there's nothing quite like a best friend to ground you after a bad day. I enjoy their friendship, and I hope that Gage doesn't take it too badly if Kass chooses not to act on the feelings they have for each other, because that would be a shame.
    • Were you surprised by the 'item' Kass found in her mamma's room?
      I was! I didn't quite expect that. For a while there, I thought that it could really belong to her and she had it to protect herself. It made sense to me, hehe. But when we learned that it belonged to Clark, I was like "ahh, yes", and of course it does! I wonder why he's left it at Amy's home. Is he expecting something bad to maybe happen and he wants her to be able to protect herself? Or is he hiding it so someone else doesn't find it? So many questions!
    • How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
      I really didn't like it! It was over the top. I completely understand Kass's anger over it, Amy was being really rough on her for something that was easily explained and, on top of that, completely innocent. I get that Amy has problems, so I hope that after getting some rest and thinking for a while, she can realize that she was being too harsh. Although, now that Kass has run off (even if it's to stay with her Nonna) even while grounded, I can imagine Amy is NOT going to be happy. Carina and Andi, sigh. Teenagers always have fights like this so it's not surprising, especially since the sisters have this sort of loving rivalry going on. I don't like how harsh they were with their words (it makes me sad when people say "I hate you" :( ), but I can understand it since I think Carina was waaaay over the line here.
    • Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?
      Yes, I loved it! I really enjoyed the glimpse into that moment in the girls' lives, it was cute! Seeing them squabbling over what they're reading and what boys they liked, it was a nice break from the krazy crazy life of Kass (see what I did there? :P I'm proud of myself eheheh). It's cool to see that they still have mostly the same personalities that they had back then, just more developed for the most part. The comment about Carina being 9 going on 30 had me giggling! I loved it. You write children really well, I think. :)
    • Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)
      I did! I think Kass's nonna is a nice lady with some very old-fashioned thoughts about the world, but I liked seeing them interact. They have a nice relationship, and the moment where they bonded in front of the television was very cute. And maaaaaaaaan, I'm excited to see what happens with Davis! I certainly did NOT expect him to be at nonna's house... Clark, sure, because he's a janitor so it wouldn't be toooooo much of a surprise to see him fiddling with a toilet, haha, but Davis? I was surprised! I hope he has a good excuse and en even better apology ready!

Arc 10
    • Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
      Gut reaction? I loved it! I was feeling a bit miffed about how it seemed like he blew off Kass on their date, but he made up for it and had a good excuse and apology. I've always loved Davis, he's a great guy, and somehow I like him more with Kass than Gage. So I was happy to see him turn up again.
    • Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?
      No, I feel like it was good enough. Kass certainly seemed to think so. And he was so apologetic about the whole thing, I couldn't help but forgive him right away. It really seemed like he felt badly about it, so I'm not about to hold a grudge.
    • Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response. :)
      I think it's pretty obvious that I'm #TeamDavis! I like Gage, and I like his friendship with Kass, but I think that he has some growing up to do and he's not quite ready for a relationship with Kass. I think Davis is more mature and as such I can see him being a good influence on Kass. He treats her well, with respect, and makes her feel all the things you SHOULD feel when you're having a first love like this. And on top of that, it seems like Kass's mind is mostly made up and I want to support her in her choice, so it's convenient that her choice is the same as mine. :P

Arc 11
    • I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?
      Totally add to the story! I mentioned this in the comment section of your blog, but your story is so much more than what it seems like at a superficial level (a young woman's coming of age story); it's very richly detailed with the stories of Kass's family, the world she lives in, its cultures, the politics that govern it... it's marvelous. I really like how you've woven all of this into the story!
    • Did you enjoy Kass' late night rendezvous at the Jolt with a certain someone?
      Yes! Even though it ended abruptly, it was adorable. Kass is such a bundle of anxious nerves and it's very heartwarming to read about these feelings and reminisce about when I felt these things as well. You've captured those emotions so well! And Davis... such a dreamboat. I'm really looking forward to their next date, I'm sure it will somehow be even more adorable than this one.
    • What are your thoughts about the 'surprise visitor' Kass found at her home?
      AHHHH, who could it be? My guess is that it's going to be Ian, trying to spy some more on Kass and her family. Especially since Amy isn't home, it's prime spying time! I'm excited to find out who it's going to be.

Arc 12
    • Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
      It. Was. AWESOME! Some good thrilling action to spice up the proceedings, and I think you did such a good job. The tension really built up over this arc and when it all exploded it was such a good payoff. I even gasped when some of the things happened, it was really well done.
    • How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?
      I love Davis. He's a really good guy, and even though he had that liiiiittle episode of being unhelpful while watching his game, he still did so much for Kass and her sisters here. He made sure they were safe, stayed there while Amy was still not home, and he gave Kass the encouragement she needed. I especially love his little moment at the end, "You did the right thing.", that was such a tender and sweet moment. I agree with him, of course, but just the fact that he knew Kass needed this confirmation and he gave her validation like that... he's insightful, kind, and supportive. #TeamDavis!

About his flaw... it did annoy me, but only because the situation was tense and he was distracted at first. That wasn't too pleasant, but I'm not too annoyed in general with character traits like this. Kass reacted perfectly well here, I think she was correct in thinking that it was annoying given the situation unfolding. In the future, I will only be annoyed if Davis continues to have moments like this, but I can't see this being toooo relevant.
    • Any guesses as to who was at Kass' home or why?
      I'm sorry for this terrible answer... but I'm not sure at all! Now that I think that Clark could have something else going on, possibly an undercover cop kind of thing, I am at a complete loss. Is it maybe someone that is angry at Nonno's political ideas and wants to attack his family for it? Especially since you revealed that he had been poisoned for his ideas in the past, and also because they stole a family heirloom... I don't know, this is my best guess. This mystery is honestly thrilling! I'm dying to read more.
    • Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?
      I liked her interlude! I like sections like this where we learn more about other characters. It was a good look into the way Amy feels about the end of her relationship with Howard, explores her pent-up emotions, and gives her a little more depth. Howard seemed all right here, I didn't have many thoughts about him. Kate came off as more than a little snobbish, but I've always thought that Amy had really unfair opinions about her given that it wasn't really Kate (right?) that started the relationship with Howard.
    • How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).
      We know that Amy has been depressed for years and she hasn't had any treatment for her mental health problems, so I'm not surprised that she doesn't know exactly how to deal with three teenage daughters. She has a good heart and loves her daughters, but I can imagine that her mental problems don't help when it comes to interacting with them. I think in this arc we can see that her heart is in the right place, but her way of reacting to things and her impulsiveness when faced with conflict at home and with her daughters is lacking. She's a good mother, but this is diluted by her distant relationship with her daughters. I hope she's not violent with them again, because that was... sigh. It made me gasp and my stomach drop. I don't really know why she would be acting this way aside from her feelings of rejection and abandonment combined with her almost desperately clinging to her relationship to Clark as a way to escape her depression. I also feel like she sees that, now that her daughters are older, they're their own people, think in their own ways, and want to do things in a way she doesn't agree with (which is why I think she's so reticent about them leaving to nonna's), and this is very difficult for her.

General Questions
    • What do you think of the story so far? What things do you like or dislike and why?
      I love KCLKF! I'm a big fan of your writing and worldbuilding, as you know. I think this second helping of the story helped solidify my love for the story you're telling. You have a wonderful way of describing things and you weave a very rich and detailed web of mysteries, character development, and details about your world that makes KCLKF one of the best fiction stories I've read in a long time. I can't find anything I particularly dislike; the things I don't agree with are generally choices the characters make or situations they're in, but that's not through any fault of yours. In fact, I think that you're so good at developing characters that when I dislike what they do, it makes the story even more interesting to read. A+!
    • Has your opinion/impression about Kass or any of the characters changed (for better or worse) based on where you are in the story?
      I think my opinion of almost everyone has remained the same. They're mostly all doing things that I feel fit their personalities and characters very well. I think my high opinions of both Davis and Andi have gotten even higher, if that's possible. They're just such good people, Davis with his suave but kind persona, and Andi with her wisdom that goes way beyond her years.

I also have slightly changed my opinion about Clark. I'm not so sure about whether or not he's a bad person or something like an undercover cop at this point, so my suspicious dislike of him has turned into an excited interest in where his character is going, so kudos to him (and you for making the mystery so intriguing).
    • If you could give Kass one piece of advice (for any of the things she's facing), what would it be?
      Kass, honey. RELAX. I love you, and I understand why you feel like you have to face so many problems, even when they're not directly your own. But really, this time in your life should be used to unwind and power up for the huge next chapter of your life coming up, and that's going to be massively difficult if you're involved in SO many mysteries (though thank you for that because it makes it so much more interesting for us as readers ;) ). Just take some time for yourself. Let yourself fall in love, help out with your family (and their issues, of course; that mystery is important), learn about your health, and take care of yourself.
    • A couple times I used pictures that were otherwise 'ruined' story-wise and had to come up with odd explanations (i.e. Kass 'greying' out at the doctor's office in 1.13, her dream sequence with Gage in 1.15, the kitchen scenes in 1.21). Did you like these or did they annoy you?
      I like that you kept these and explained them with reasons that fit into or added to the story! It's a clever way of using pictures and I really like it.
    • Any questions for me? Or for my characters? (I'll happily load up TS3 to answer questions in character format) :blush:
      (These are mostly humorous, hope you don't mind!)
      Gage: What do you think of Madison? Or you at all interested in her? Or could you be if Kass said no to your advances?
      Andi: What is like to be so wise? Tell me your secrets, queen!
      Carina: Are you upset that you've had to take a caretaking role in your household? Buying the groceries and things like that, I mean. Do you wish Kass and/or Andi should help out a little bit more or do you not mind doing these things?
      Amy: What was running through your mind after THAT confrontation with Andi? Was it like your body took over?
      Clark: WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU SNEAKY SAUSAGE?
      Ayesha: WHERE ARE YOU, GIRL? I miss you!
      Davis: What about Kass do you like the most so far? We've all noticed you staring at her in her swimsuit, at her luscious red hair, and her pretty face, but what would you pick as her best attribute?
      Kass: A lot happened to you in these Arcs. Lots of emotion, both negative and positive. Trying to stay positive, what is it that you're most looking forward to in the next few days?
      (Please don't feel like you need to answer all or even any of these, and definitely don't feel like you need to take pictures of the characters if it takes too long! Same for all the other questions, I'm just happy to know you've read my thoughts. :) )

@AdamsEve1231 I have no words, really. I really love KCLKF! You've done a wonderful job at everything, really. In this section especially, you've done such a good job at setting up so many mysteries and I'm so excited to continue reading. I'm sorry I binge and answer everything in one go, but like that I can spend a whole day really diving into your story and feeling like I'm so deep into it. So much love for you♥
    Post edited by ajamkeevin on
    Arcs 11-12

@Skeilah
    I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?
    For me they take away the story, but that's just because I have absolutely nothing with politics in any form. That's just me, not you. Must admit that I read it over pretty quickly until the actual story went on.

Good to know. I know it's not for everyone. Politics play a minor role in some of the main storyline and surrounding events later on.

With a certain someone :D I'm still not over my Davis struggles, but I'm in the mood again to give him a chance. Proof yourself wrong to me, Davis Lamar. Maybe I'll start to like you in the next arc. xD
    I think it's funny that you're so against Davis. Not funny in a bad way. Funny interesting. I know of at least one or two other readers who felt/feel similarly about Gage and it's nice to see he has some fans. Let's see if Davis can prove himself to your liking. :p

Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    It wasn’t horrible, but I think you can still improve in writing action sequences. Sometimes it’s a little confusing because the first moment this is happening and then that is happening, … I had to read twice sometimes because I didn’t really get it, but maybe that’s just me. Sometimes I even skipped a ‘confusing’ part but luckily for me the confusing parts were always explained later, so I always got back my attention. You’re writing is still strong, very strong, but I lost focus on some parts where I had the feeling too much was happening at the same time.

I'm sorry you were confused. I think I get better with action sequences later in the story. I think the point of action sequences is that a lot of going on at once and it is supposed to be somewhat confusing and difficult to process just like it would be in real life. I hope these scenes aren't too off-putting for you.

How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?
    Aaaaargh, I hate how good he is. I see #TeamGage flowing away in the river…

It's okay to still be #TeamGage. Haha.

I have literally no idea anymore. What a joke would it be if it was Gage? xDDDD I hope it’s just some random dude.

You're the first person to suggest Gage. That would be interesting. ;)

Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?
    I liked the interlude. I didn’t get much of an impression on Amy, besides that she reminds me of my own mom when I was younger (and that’s not a good thing). I just hope she gets herself together like my mom did, but that could take YEARS. With the wisedom I have now, I actually feel sorry for Amy, but I don’t know the rest of her story, just a little, little bit.

Amy is very similar to my own mom when she was younger. Thankfully I don't have that kind of relationship with my mom anymore, and it has improved, but I based a lot of what happens with Kass' family on my own life experiences.

How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).
    Simply put: not good. I had a moment like this with my brother and my mom, and we just went out to our aunt because I knew mom was going to search us at dad’s home. At that time I was so tired of my mom and I get the feeling that the exact same thing is happening with the three girls. They’re tired of the continuous yelling, the continuous grounding, … I don’t know what went on in my mom’s head and I also don’t know what’s happening in Amy’s head, but I hope she’ll be alright.

Yeah, I used to "run away" to grandma's so I could get some peace and quiet when I had a bad argument with my mom. Grandma only lived 3 miles away so it wasn't far and it wasn't really "running away." Sometimes you just need space. I think Amy's having a hard time accepting that Kass is a grown up and her other daughters aren't far behind. She has trouble letting go, and she's feeling guilty about not being a great mom.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    Arcs 11-12

@Duvelina
    I love the entirety of your worldbuilding. Everything you add to it makes it seem so real. It's honestly my favourite aspect of your story, so I'd say it definitely added to it.
    Thank you. That's high praise.

I started to like this certain someone more. He's so gallant and chivalrous. Aside from the standing up, I think he's being a real gentleman and worthy of Kass.

I was really going for the Davis as the "gentleman" persona in contrast with Gage. I'm glad I succeeded.

At the time I only read an arc a day so I remember anticipating the next day to find out who this visitor was. I think it is creepy how sims randomly stand outside Kass' house but it does make for some great storytelling.

It does indeed make for excellent drama and intrigue! The Sims do this randomly in TS3 and it's frustrating. Part of it was the "celebrity" aspect of the Late Night pack. I'm pretty sure I turned it off after this scene.

This section is for @Duvelina only... major spoilers!
    Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    I don't think the action sequences really feel like those. They honestly feel like normal scenes. It doesn't feel high stakes or that something terrible is going to happen. In my opinion, you did get better at this throughout the story, especially in a particular scene with Madison later on
    her death happens. I don't have the same problem with your action scenes where they're confusing to read.

Yeah, I do feel like I improved later with Madison and Jennifer's endings and Kass' own harrowing moment at the end of the story. I'm glad they weren't confusing. Every reader is different though. I thought the scenes were meant to be confusing only because so much is going on in an intense and short amount of time like it would be in real life.
    I don't think Kass overreacted. It was a serious situation and he was making light of it with his baseball obsession. I do have to say that I wish we got to see this flaw more throughout the story. As far as I remember, this was the only scene where we saw Davis' like for baseball. After reading this chapter, I wasn't sure whether I was in support of Kass and Davis. He annoyed me that much. So, this wasn't the moment that solidified my opinion of him. I changed my stance later on again.

Some readers said that Kass overreacted in the past so that's why I asked the question. So the baseball flaw sort of comes up again in passing in chapter 1.90...
    Baseball. It was the reason Davis hadn’t called her today. Or called. He worked a shift at the Jolt, caught the ferry to Bay City, took a nap at the apartment she had yet to see, attended an afternoon class at St. Anne’s and planned to spend the evening catching up on missed Sliders and Asters games. Somehow watching repeat Goldibox Game View took precedence over resolving a conflict with his girlfriend.

But you're right... it doesn't come up much. Yeah, I should've included it in the story again, but honestly, there's so much going on. I bit off more than I could chew and I needed to focus on other things.

Okay you can all read again... haha... if you want...
    I don't think there was one moment I liked Amy and I had a hard time getting into her head here. I didn't understand why her first thought would be that her ex-husband was spying on the children and scaring him. It didn't seem to fit with the picture that was painted of him so far. And how she behaved, pushing her way into the house like she owned the place. Howard might have cheated on her with Kate at some point, but it doesn't justify her behaviour here. Howard seemed like a rational person, way more than Amy, but that might be because of her mental state.

No real opinion on Kate. She was sent away by her husband so as not to participate in this conversation with Amy so we barely got to see anything of her. She didn't seem malicious.

FYI, Kate and Howard aren't married yet. Just living together and engaged. I'm sorry Amy made such a poor impression on you. She's not the best mother or the most stable person. She's struggling with many different things and it's hard to explain now this early in the story. It'll be revealed more in future Kass stories.

I'd characterize it as toxic. Majorly so. She's described as heavily depressed, so I'd assume that has something to do with her behaviour. Even if that's the 'reason' behind it, I still think she should try harder to get better through talking to a therapist instead of lying in bed until the afternoon. I get being depressed because I have suffered from depression myself. But Amy has so much to work and get better for, I feel like she should want to try harder. She loves her kids after all.

Toxic is a good descriptor here. Depression and her past play huge roles in why Amy is the way she is and why she acts the way she does. She does love her kids. I'm glad you've picked up on that. She's not completely heartless.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @mercuryfoam
    Arcs 11-12
    They most certainly add. Personally I find politics intriguing so if the themes were to expand in that direction I wouldn’t mind at all. This was a very engaging chapter for me

Thank you. It's good to know you appreciated it.

I thought it was interesting. Their family seems normal enough so I'm wondering why would any shady persons have any interest in them. At this point there's so many directions this can go though, like could they be interested because of her grandparents being heavily involved in politics or her dad's relations since what he did after he divorced Amy was only briefly touched upon, then there’s Gage’s more controversial family background to consider too. xD

Good theories. Yes and no. I won't confirm or deny more. :tongue:

Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    I thought the action sequences were written well. There was a lot going on at once and I was roped in on the tension and reading quickly to find out what happened next. Very engaging! And there definitely was so much intrigue in this arc. I’m intrigued about Davis’s background, Amy’s thought processes, Clark’s identity (he seems like a P.I. but I’m not sure if private investigators carry weapons), and.. I can’t wait to find out what Gage thinks about what happened to Kass’s family, and then finding out that there was some guy who took over his spot as Kass’s to-go person… Ah man.. Poor Gage.

I'm glad you have so many questions. Hopefully it keeps you engaged. I take awhile to answer some of them. Good guess on Clark. I won't say yes or no yet, but I will say that P.I.'s in the U.S. can carry a concealed weapon if they have a permit.

It made me wonder more about Davis for sure which I’ve elaborated above. I found his flaw very annoying but it did make me wonder about his obsession. Davis is a smooth guy who knows exactly what to do and say in social situations and this flaw of his took him imo 180 degree out of character. For it to make sense to me I’ve likened his obsession to that of addicts since it made him change so dramatically like that.

I didn’t realise Kass overreacted. She responded with annoyance which was natural. Anyone would be deeply annoyed if they’re trying to get things working and their companion were not helping, even worse droning on about something as trivial when things around are falling apart.

There's actually a reason for Davis' obsession with baseball. I don't actually explain it, but it was in my notes. Once you've finished the story, I can share that reason. Too many spoilers. It's not totally out of character, but I can see how it may seem that way.

Some of my earlier readers thought Kass overreacted so that's why I asked the question.

I cannot think who in their right mind would think it’s a good idea to break into a house when the house just got broken into. If they are the same person, which I think they are, they must be super desperate to retrieve or find whatever it is they want, which got me wondering about the brooch. Maybe it’s connected to something supernatural and so has a higher value than what was implied in this chapter.

^^ hold that thought and remember it for later. :wink:

There was a lot of anger, assumptions and unresolved issues in this chapter. She never really got over Kass’s father for leaving them. I like this interlude. More context for other characters is always a fresh change and adds to the story. I half-expected Howard to follow Amy home, but Kate would hold him back. I’m expecting him to reach out to Kass next chapter. Amy seems like an impulsive person, protective of her daughters, not too good at conflict resolution and... prickly. There's too little about Howard and Kate to go on. I did think Kate was very level-headed in how she responded to someone knocking on their door that late in the night.

Those are good thoughts. Anger. Assumptions. Unresolved issues. That describes Amy's relationship with Howard... and well, a lot of people. Amy is impulsive and protective of her daughters and she struggles with conflict resolution. It's interesting to me because when I read this, I thought about how Kass has these traits as well. Impulsive. Protective of those she cares about, but doesn't always go about it in the right way. Conflict avoidant and struggles with conflict resolution in general. She's not prickly like Amy though. But it makes sense that like mother, like daughter. Nice to see a positive plug for Kate. She was level-headed in this brief appearance.

Amy’s caught up in her own problems. It turned out for the worst here but I don’t think of her badly actually. I think society has a tendency to put a lot of expectations on ‘mothers’ in general. They’re expected to provide and provide without anything in return. This chapter doesn’t convey that message, but it highlights it. It’s true that her daughters went through a traumatic experience and needed their mom, but throughout the story, Amy had no emotional support from her family. The one time she tried to introduce her support (Clark) to the family, the girls practically turned their noses on him (except Kass, but she wasn’t accepting of him either.) So Amy’s relationship with her daughters aren’t good because no one is trying to understand where each person is coming from. I think it’s realistic though, considering their ages and Amy’s mental condition. She might also see herself as the 'Adult' and her children as well, 'children' and thus not share her problems with them in the first place. She's definitely still viewing Kass that way with her 'ground everyone' parental practice.

She also has a curious tendency to jump the gun, make assumptions, not explain her rules/reasoning behind her actions or decisions. She understands politeness (the way she talked to the police and apologised on Kass’s behalf) but she’s extremely harsh about Gage and Davis. This makes me think that when she briefly suggested that she had no choice but to marry Howard, it could be because she accidentally got preggers. I know, super wild assumption, but that would explain how strict she is about no boys staying over because we know she’s super protective about her children to the point of neglecting her own safety (Going over to Howard’s place to threaten him without Clark for backup is.. not the wisest choice).

As for the slap… I didn’t think it was violence. I’m surprised a warning is needed. I’m probably desensitised.

I'll answer that last part first. I'm always sensitive to these things because I never know the age range of people reading, and I don't know if someone has experienced this kind of situation in their lives so I add a warning. Later there's a bit more adult themes that probably warrant more "warning" tags, but I just wanted to play it safe.

Yes, Amy is really focused on herself and can't think beyond herself at the moment. But she's not a horrible person. I liked your comment about mothers expected to give and give and provide and provide without getting anything in return. I think this is especially true for single mothers. I think mothers tend to be harder on themselves than fathers and that might just be because of how women are hardwired and/or societal expectations and it's really too bad. I liked that you were able to write a defense, or at the very least and explanation of Amy and the way her mind works. I think this accurately captures what I intended.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    General Questions

@Skeilah,
    In my eyes, the story is only getting better and better. I like the mysteries and how Kass deals with everything. I still dislike Davis but I don’t really know why because he’s so sweet now and I just can’t deal with it.

Thank you. I'm glad you think I'm improving. It's okay to dislike Davis. I understand. He's not everyone's cup of tea.

Ah okay, Davis has gained some plus-points, must admit. I also have more respect for Cari. I still want to find out what Clark’s all about and how Amy will be.

I'm glad Davis is growing on you a bit. I do really like Cari as well. I think she's a great character.

If you wanna talk to someone, I’m here for you. Just jump out of that game and ring the door. Something like that, yeah.

Okay okay, some real advice: The things you’ll remember in 10 years aren’t the color of that dress you wore on a date, it will be the friends and relationships that you build. Take good care of those things. Spend time with nonna and nonno. Once they’re gone, they’re really gone. Talk to them and let them give you some wisedom.

Haha. Well, if you have TS3 and make a TS3 Simselfie or give me permission to do so, I can make it happen. :lol:

I loved your advice. It's really beautiful. :heart:
    @mercuryfoam
    I think the story is fun to read and engaging. I liked how you expanded the world naturally through the story itself. I like that it’s fast becoming a thriller/action because I’m interested in that sort of drama lol. There was one part I thought was a little out of place which was Memory lane. It was great to see Kass’s past and get to know the girls better, but it would’ve helped if there was a strong reason for Kass to take that trip into her mind. It sort of feels cut off from the rest of the story and had me wondering what the purpose of it all is. I’m thinking it must be relevant for future chapters, but I did zone off a little bit. I still liked getting to know the girls though.

That's great to hear. I can understand Memory Lane feeling out of place. I was in a weird place a few times in this story and so I took detours into other types of chapters. I think I briefly explain in the chapter that Kass thought about the memory because she noticed a broken window on her grandparents' home and that triggered a memory of another broken window from her past.

I like Gage more, Davis is still going strong for me. I’ve adored Kass’s family, definitely LOVE her grandparents. For all their flaws, they sound like awesome relatives (except for the part about Rafe looking down on Howard). I am a little peeved at Kass for what she’s doing to Gage. I gave her the benefit of the doubt when she had that moment of confusion where she wondered what love is and if she felt anything for Gage. Now that it’s perfectly clear her butterflies flutter for Davis, she needs to talk to Gage. Also didn’t approve of her using Gage’s kindness to meet up with Davis loool. I wanted to know what happened to Madison there. :lol:

Yeah, I didn't approve of Kass using Gage's car to meet up with another love interest either. :grimace: "For all their flaws..." is a really great way to describe Kass' grandparents. They are good people, even if they're old-fashioned and sometimes judgmental and weren't the best of parents to Amy, their daughter. They're trying to be better for their grandchildren and they genuinely do care. I'm glad you still like Davis. :)

Kass, it is okay to say no. Tell people you need time. Time to find yourself, reassess what you want and what’s most important to you and take things one at a time. You're overwhelmed and you don't realise it. Any one of those events happening in your life will need some time for reflection, let alone a whole barrage of it.

I love this! Thank you! Learning to say no was a hard lesson for me. I still struggle with it from time to time and I'm in my thirties. Still, it's excellent advice.

I didn’t realise they were ‘ruined’. They fit in well with the story. Tbh, sometimes I can read your writing entirely and not notice that the chapter doesn’t even have a single picture haha! I meant that as a compliment. I’m so immersed and I can picture everything so vividly that I sometimes skip the pictures to move on to the next part quickly.

I am glad you liked it. I read similarly. I tend to read the words first and then I go back and look at the pictures more in depth when I read stories.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    @Duvelina
    I like the story, although it is a little slow-paced for my liking. I am having a harder time with the characters, especially Kass. She is hard to relate to for me and most of her choices either make me raise my eyebrows or frustrate me for some reason. I'm talking about the overall story here, not just up until Arc 12. I do enjoy reading the mysteries and figuring out what's going on along with Kass though. And there are some characters I do like, for example Andromeda and Davis. I especially loved Davis' whole interlude later on and getting to know more about him.

Yeah, the pacing. It's always been an issue of mine. I think it's because of my massive worldbuilding and my huge casts. I have a tendency to get side tracked with cool things happening in world (that are related) and exploring side characters.

I can understand the dislike of Kass and her actions. She isn't the most likeable character. The first time around I think I made her flaws more prominent even, and didn't give as much explanation. This time around I delved into her psyche more and tried to explain (but not condone) her thoughts and actions. Her feelings are valid and she's young so she's easily confused and overwhelmed; she doesn't know how to handle things, and she hasn't had the best role models in her life. She's a product of nature and nurture in my opinion. I loved getting to know Davis more this time around as well. I felt like he fell by the wayside and seemed too perfect the first time, although his backstory was still featured in the first story, just in much less detail and in a single chapter.

My opinion on Davis changed throughout. I love Davis, even more after reading about his past. I wasn't sure how to feel about him at first but I really came to admire him. I also wasn't sure about Gage, but my opinion of him only got worse. I don't like Gage and I don't think I ever will, or a major attitude change has to happen. I think he'll be more likable to me if he lets his crush on Kass go.

Kass fluctuates for me throughout the story. There are some points where I like her, but then she turns and does something that I don't agree with. :D

I am so glad you came to admire Davis. I do think he's a fascinating character and he really is a good guy, but he has his struggles. P.S. When you mentioned the thing about his flaw, I thought about including bits and pieces of "baseball" in his backstory. I went back and added bits and bobs into the chapters where he's... for @Duvelina's eyes only... spoilers...
    in São Paten. Like listening to old broadcasts on the radio while working, or listening to the games while driving Starling, for example, and she gives him a gift of baseball cards because she knows how much he likes the game. I also added a bit about watching reruns of games to his scenes with his roommate, Petir, in addition to the soap operas. And how watching baseball helped him cope in therapy post his traumatic experiences. Finally, I added a bit about selling his trading cards to help rescue Phoenix. I think that'll help establish why his obsession with baseball is a thing. I'm not sure if it'll show up in the WP post because WP Reader doesn't always update properly for me. I don't know why. So people may need to read the sections in the browser. :/ But it's there.

Okay everyone else may continue reading here if they wish...

Take a step back and breathe. Let everything sink in, don't brush over it and push yourself through whatever you're facing. It's not worth it and it will cost you your mental health.

Everyone is giving such great advice. And yes, you're right. If she's not careful, it will cost Kass her mental health.

I'm so impressed with your ability to weave these things into your story. I never questioned any of them and when I would read the author's notes, I was surprised it wasn't planned or thought out before.

I did try and get as creative as possible with the images I had. Thanks. I'm glad you liked them.

Questions for me
    What has been your favourite scene to write from the arcs we had to read?

Oh excellent question. I really enjoyed the Park Play scenes. Those were just a fun excursion in general. Mostly because everything's been so stressful and continues to be stressful. I also enjoyed writing the "intruder" scenes because I feel like it cements the mystery to come and establishes many of the personalities of the characters - i.e. Kass' impulsiveness and how she runs head long into danger, plus her desire to protect her sisters, Andi and Cari's fun and sometimes hostile banter with each other, but how the sisters do really care about each other, Amy's clearly misplaced priorities and unresolved issues, Clark's potential to be useful for the family, and Davis' nice way of 'taking care' of folks, even with his minor annoying obsession with baseball. :sweat_smile:
    What characteristics from the different characters in your story can you relate to?

Another good question.
    Kass - is based on a younger version of me. If I had to pick one thing, I'd say wanting to protect everyone and everything I care about - that's something I've always had in me for better or worse. As an oldest child myself, I was expected to do things a certain way and be a certain way, and that put a lot of pressure on me as a late teen/early adult. I struggled to find and accept that it was okay to say no, that I didn't have to please everyone, that I wasn't responsible for fixing everything and being the perfect example, and that it's okay to relax.

Amy @mercuryfoam said it really well when she pointed out certain things with Amy - how she's impulsive, but protective of those she cares about, but doesn't always go about it in the right way and struggles with conflict resolution. Those are all things (I hate to admit it) that I've struggled with and occasionally still do.

Carina - The desire to be included (and I think everyone wants this) and to stand out and be different as well

Andi - Wanting space to grow into my own person, especially when I was younger
    If you were Kass, who would you choose? #TeamDavis or #TeamGage?

I actually do think they both bring out good (and bad) things in Kass' persona. Well, with Gage, more bad than good. So if I had to pick, I'd be #TeamDavis because I think he's mature and has a good head on his shoulders, but his tendency to overwork and his difficult background would make things hard to swallow. I don't want to say anything too spoilery, but I think I could be #TeamNeither as well. Kass needs time to grow and mature, and to find herself before she can really be involved in a romantic relationship.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @mercuryfoam, @Duvelina, @ajamkeevin I'll get to character questions ASAP. Sorry for cutting into your week a bit, @mercuryfoam. I can't wait to get back into your story! :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @ajamkeevin I loved reading all your thoughts and questions. Thank you so much! :heart:
    Arc 8
    How do you feel about Kass' mental state? Do you think it's believable?
    I think Kass really takes a lot of everyone else's issues or mysteries and makes them her own. I think there's so much happening around her, there's SO much going on, and she doesn't or can't take a step back and just relax in this period of her life. She's living that summer between high school and university, she should enjoy it! But she's so concerned about her family, friends, and herself so her head is full to the bursting. I'm not surprised that she's having trouble with this. I think that you've written it in a way that's very believable, especially since the mysteries and questions have been gradually added into the mix and not all at once. When we started the story, Kass seemed less frazzled, but now that things have developed, she's slowly grown more and more concerned and almost overwhelmed with everything going on, and I think you showed that slow descent very well.

Yes, she definitely does take on people's problems way too often. Kass is a giver. She wants to help everyone and give everyone her time and efforts, but unfortunately, you can't help everyone, and realistically, it's unhealthy to try. I love how you'd like to see her enjoying her summer time off before uni. I think that would've been the best option. I worked part-time during my summer before uni, but I did enjoy myself a lot too. Of course, I didn't have quite the amount of problems that Kass does that summer either. :grimace: "Slow descent" into becoming overwhelmed and overtaxed is a good descriptor.

What is your impression of Madison?
    We've not seen too much of her (in this arc, at least), so I'm not sure I have much of an opinion on her. There's something going on with the circumstances under which she was injured, and I hope it's not as bad as Kass thinks, but Madison wasn't too open about it, so I guess we'll see. When we see her later in the arc, she seems better, and I think that her being interested in Gage is an interesting development. I like that she's adding a little spice into the Gage storyline, as I'm sure Kass will have to truly face her feelings for Gage if she sees someone else is into him, and even asking her for help! I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

You'll see what happens with Madison. I can't say any more for fear of spoilers.

What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    I think it's awesome that you take these pre-made characters that exist in The Sims universe and made them your own, adding backstories and developing their characters to fit into your own universe. I do this occasionally (although only notably with Mitchell Kalani in my own story), so I'm a fan of it. I didn't really get to play The Sims 3 very much because at the time it was really popular I didn't really have a good computer, and when I finally got one, The Sims 4 had just come out, so I don't know much about these characters. In my mind, you're defining them for me and I'll look at them later as only being defined by your canon. I like this. :)

Haha. I don't know if it's canon, but sure it's canon in my world. :tongue: Thank you.

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    Oh gosh, it was AWKWARD. All those guys paying attention to her (even though the last one was on a mission), when Kass was really only wanting attention from one, who STOOD HER UP. Sigh. It was a well-written chapter, I think. You did a good job with the humor, and I liked it a lot. The first guy was just a creep, so I wasn't a fan, although I laughed a little about how... pathetic his flirting attempts were. Ansel was kind of unwittingly dorky with the way he tries to attract the ladies, but he's cute and I liked his interactions with Kass. And Ian, AH, that was thrilling at the end. I really like how you're setting up all these mysteries, because I know they're going to explode at some point and it's going to be awesome.

Kass's first day at her internship was really full. She can never catch a break, can she? Everywhere she goes, there are people that either add to the mysteries and questions already filling her head, or she meets new ones that create other questions entirely. On top of that, she had so much work in just her first day! It's good that she has an internship because that'll be good for her future and her CV, but man, I kind of wish she had taken the whole summer off to relax. She needs it! (But hey, then we wouldn't have had more exciting developments to read, and we can't have that, can we? ;) )

The first guy and his pathetic flirting attempts. Haha.
    I love Ansel's dorkiness here.
    And yes, everything is interconnected. You'll see.

Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?
    I really don't think Clara is another woman he's seeing. I think it would just be too much, and Kass is reading too much into the situation. I mean, she already knows he's shady, so she's predisposed to seeing him as a bad person, so thinking he's cheating when he could actually be talking to a daughter or someone else is normal for Kass. I'm not sure if I can predict anything else about him, though! He's truly a mystery to me. I'm excited to see where his story will go, though.

Good thoughts about Clara. Yeah, Kass doesn't have the best track record with men in her life, and she is young and inexperienced, impulsive and quick to make snap judgments. Not the best combinations. :grimace:

Arc 9
    What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?
    ... there's nothing quite like a best friend to ground you after a bad day.
    I couldn't agree more! :blush:

How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    I really didn't like it! It was over the top. I completely understand Kass's anger over it, Amy was being really rough on her for something that was easily explained and, on top of that, completely innocent. I get that Amy has problems, so I hope that after getting some rest and thinking for a while, she can realize that she was being too harsh. Although, now that Kass has run off (even if it's to stay with her Nonna) even while grounded, I can imagine Amy is NOT going to be happy. Carina and Andi, sigh. Teenagers always have fights like this so it's not surprising, especially since the sisters have this sort of loving rivalry going on. I don't like how harsh they were with their words (it makes me sad when people say "I hate you" :( ), but I can understand it since I think Carina was waaaay over the line here.

Yeah Amy isn't the most stable of parents, and she's got confusing tactics. One minute she wants Kass to fix things for her, and the next, she's treating Kass like a child. And "hate" is a really strong word. I don't like it either.

Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?
    Yes, I loved it! I really enjoyed the glimpse into that moment in the girls' lives, it was cute! Seeing them squabbling over what they're reading and what boys they liked, it was a nice break from the krazy crazy life of Kass (see what I did there? :P I'm proud of myself eheheh). It's cool to see that they still have mostly the same personalities that they had back then, just more developed for the most part. The comment about Carina being 9 going on 30 had me giggling! I loved it. You write children really well, I think. :)

Yes, I see what you did. :wink: I am glad you enjoyed it. I felt like this chapter was very typical child and early teen conversations. 9 going on 30 is so something my sisters and I would say. Haha. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter.

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)
    I did! I think Kass's nonna is a nice lady with some very old-fashioned thoughts about the world, but I liked seeing them interact. They have a nice relationship, and the moment where they bonded in front of the television was very cute. And maaaaaaaaan, I'm excited to see what happens with Davis! I certainly did NOT expect him to be at nonna's house... Clark, sure, because he's a janitor so it wouldn't be toooooo much of a surprise to see him fiddling with a toilet, haha, but Davis? I was surprised! I hope he has a good excuse and en even better apology ready!

I used to watch a lot of HGTV with my grandma. Haha. It was fun imagining my dream home and garden back then while watching. And yes, Davis... surprise! Surprise! Good surprise I guess.

Arc 10
    Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response. :)
    I think it's pretty obvious that I'm #TeamDavis! I like Gage, and I like his friendship with Kass, but I think that he has some growing up to do and he's not quite ready for a relationship with Kass. I think Davis is more mature and as such I can see him being a good influence on Kass. He treats her well, with respect, and makes her feel all the things you SHOULD feel when you're having a first love like this. And on top of that, it seems like Kass's mind is mostly made up and I want to support her in her choice, so it's convenient that her choice is the same as mine. :P
    Davis really is an ideal first love. I do think he's a good influence on her, and he's definitely more mature than Gage (and Kass). He does treat her really well. If we could all be that lucky with "first loves."

Arc 11
    Totally add to the story! I mentioned this in the comment section of your blog, but your story is so much more than what it seems like at a superficial level (a young woman's coming of age story); it's very richly detailed with the stories of Kass's family, the world she lives in, its cultures, the politics that govern it... it's marvelous. I really like how you've woven all of this into the story!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciate your kind words. And I'm glad the politics (and other worldbuilding pieces) flow seamlessly with the story. That was the point for me.

Yes! Even though it ended abruptly, it was adorable. Kass is such a bundle of anxious nerves and it's very heartwarming to read about these feelings and reminisce about when I felt these things as well. You've captured those emotions so well! And Davis... such a dreamboat. I'm really looking forward to their next date, I'm sure it will somehow be even more adorable than this one.

Haha. Yeah, those awkward days of first falling in like and then love. So cute. :blush: Haha! Dreamboat. I think Davis might blush at that.

AHHHH, who could it be? My guess is that it's going to be Ian, trying to spy some more on Kass and her family. Especially since Amy isn't home, it's prime spying time! I'm excited to find out who it's going to be.

I love reading everyone's guesses about who's at the home. So far, we've had Clark, someone after her grandparents, someone related to her parents' divorce, and even Gage, and now Ian. Good guesses everyone. ;)

Arc 12
    It. Was. AWESOME! Some good thrilling action to spice up the proceedings, and I think you did such a good job. The tension really built up over this arc and when it all exploded it was such a good payoff. I even gasped when some of the things happened, it was really well done.

Oh good! I'm so glad to hear this. I know some of it may have been confusing to some of my readers so I was a little concerned. However, it's good to know you enjoyed it and liked the "payoff" as you say. :smiley:

I love Davis. He's a really good guy, and even though he had that liiiiittle episode of being unhelpful while watching his game, he still did so much for Kass and her sisters here. He made sure they were safe, stayed there while Amy was still not home, and he gave Kass the encouragement she needed. I especially love his little moment at the end, "You did the right thing.", that was such a tender and sweet moment. I agree with him, of course, but just the fact that he knew Kass needed this confirmation and he gave her validation like that... he's insightful, kind, and supportive. #TeamDavis!

About his flaw... it did annoy me, but only because the situation was tense and he was distracted at first. That wasn't too pleasant, but I'm not too annoyed in general with character traits like this. Kass reacted perfectly well here, I think she was correct in thinking that it was annoying given the situation unfolding. In the future, I will only be annoyed if Davis continues to have moments like this, but I can't see this being toooo relevant.

Yay! Davis love! :heart: Yeah, he's one of my favorite characters to write. He really did try to be a good guy. I love that you picked up on the validation that Kass needed. Eeek! My heart just melted there. Haha.

Yeah, I realized I didn't explain it much. Something @Duvelina said prompted me to add a few tidbits later on to the story to explain his baseball obsession some more.

I liked her interlude! I like sections like this where we learn more about other characters. It was a good look into the way Amy feels about the end of her relationship with Howard, explores her pent-up emotions, and gives her a little more depth. Howard seemed all right here, I didn't have many thoughts about him. Kate came off as more than a little snobbish, but I've always thought that Amy had really unfair opinions about her given that it wasn't really Kate (right?) that started the relationship with Howard.

I'm glad you enjoy my interludes. We've only really seen "Kate" through Amy's eyes or Kass' and neither are too good.

We know that Amy has been depressed for years and she hasn't had any treatment for her mental health problems, so I'm not surprised that she doesn't know exactly how to deal with three teenage daughters. She has a good heart and loves her daughters, but I can imagine that her mental problems don't help when it comes to interacting with them. I think in this arc we can see that her heart is in the right place, but her way of reacting to things and her impulsiveness when faced with conflict at home and with her daughters is lacking. She's a good mother, but this is diluted by her distant relationship with her daughters. I hope she's not violent with them again, because that was... sigh. It made me gasp and my stomach drop. I don't really know why she would be acting this way aside from her feelings of rejection and abandonment combined with her almost desperately clinging to her relationship to Clark as a way to escape her depression. I also feel like she sees that, now that her daughters are older, they're their own people, think in their own ways, and want to do things in a way she doesn't agree with (which is why I think she's so reticent about them leaving to nonna's), and this is very difficult for her.

I am grateful so many of the readers see that Amy does love her daughters, but isn't going about things in the best way. I do think her heart's in the right place, but she's had a lot of things stacked against her in life. I don't think I fully understood my own parents' divorce or what my mom went through (or my dad for that matter) until I was married myself. Not because my marriage is bad... because it's been good, in contrast to my parents and many people's, but it helped me understand how much hard work and energy keeping a relationship together and managing joint assets is. It makes me appreciate my mom's strength for going through things like she did when raising my sisters and I.

Rejection, abandonment, and escapism are things that Amy struggles with, so it's good you brought that up. I do think those both play significant factors in her life decisions. It's even deeper than that, but I can't go into too many details. You'll learn more about most of that later (or in future stories).

I love KCLKF! I'm a big fan of your writing and worldbuilding, as you know. I think this second helping of the story helped solidify my love for the story you're telling. You have a wonderful way of describing things and you weave a very rich and detailed web of mysteries, character development, and details about your world that makes KCLKF one of the best fiction stories I've read in a long time. I can't find anything I particularly dislike; the things I don't agree with are generally choices the characters make or situations they're in, but that's not through any fault of yours. In fact, I think that you're so good at developing characters that when I dislike what they do, it makes the story even more interesting to read. A+!

Oh my goodness. :blush::smile::heart: Thank you. Thank you so much. These words made my night. No my week. Probably my month. Wow! What an honor! Thanks a million. I'm stunned.

I think my opinion of almost everyone has remained the same. They're mostly all doing things that I feel fit their personalities and characters very well. I think my high opinions of both Davis and Andi have gotten even higher, if that's possible. They're just such good people, Davis with his suave but kind persona, and Andi with her wisdom that goes way beyond her years.

I also have slightly changed my opinion about Clark. I'm not so sure about whether or not he's a bad person or something like an undercover cop at this point, so my suspicious dislike of him has turned into an excited interest in where his character is going, so kudos to him (and you for making the mystery so intriguing).

It's interesting to see whose opinions have changed and whose haven't in this round of KCLKF. I do think Clark is meant to be mysterious and a bit shady so it's okay that everyone's been mistrusting of him and confused. I'll be excited to see how your opinions all evolve over time.

Kass, honey. RELAX. I love you, and I understand why you feel like you have to face so many problems, even when they're not directly your own. But really, this time in your life should be used to unwind and power up for the huge next chapter of your life coming up, and that's going to be massively difficult if you're involved in SO many mysteries (though thank you for that because it makes it so much more interesting for us as readers ;) ). Just take some time for yourself. Let yourself fall in love, help out with your family (and their issues, of course; that mystery is important), learn about your health, and take care of yourself.

Really really loving everyone's advice for Kass. It's so true and so needed. Thank you. :heart:
    @AdamsEve1231 I have no words, really. I really love KCLKF! You've done a wonderful job at everything, really. In this section especially, you've done such a good job at setting up so many mysteries and I'm so excited to continue reading. I'm sorry I binge and answer everything in one go, but like that I can spend a whole day really diving into your story and feeling like I'm so deep into it. So much love for you♥

@ajamkeevin It's good to know that the story is so immersive for you. Seriously, you give such high praise. I feel unworthy. :grimace: Haha. But thank you so much for your kind words. I really do appreciate everything you wrote and said here and on the blog. It's wonderful to have such a devoted fan. Kass will surely appreciate it too....among others in her story. :) Thank you. And I don't mind that you binged and replied same day. It's totally fine. Wow! I'm blown away by your responses. Thank you.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 I love that you went back and inserted more baseball references into the story! I think it adds to Davis' character and is something that stays consistent throughout everything that happens. Almost like a beacon.
    @AdamsEve1231 Don't worry about cutting into my week I dont see it like that. You shouldn't need to rush your responses too. Take your time give us what we need 😍 Im invested in everyone's character questions too! You can take til end of the week if you want. No biggie! This circle is flexible! :)

@everyone
    I'll post questions tomorrow because its still sunday there right? I'm keeping it simple so just Chapters 6-10 if you'd like to begin reading. 10 is the middle of an arc so you can keep reading if you want, bt questions will be only for outlined chapters. :)
    @mercuryfoam It's Monday here! So same thing for most of the other members in the circle. I think the US is 9-12 hours behind so almost Monday there too. ☺
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Monday morning here :p but like you said, this circle is flexible!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Monday morning and grey and cold and cloudy and all a bunch of *hisssss*

Hi, guys. I love Monday morning. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Hi everyone. Here are the questions. A heads up you might not want to read comments because spoilers/projections. And thank you so much for reading! :)

Ch 6.
    - Do you have any specific thoughts about her school life? Her?
    - What do you think of the comic? What spoke to you? What didn't?
    - What impression do you have of Kian?

Ch 7.
    - What do you think of their time together? Did their development feel natural? How can it be improved?
    - What are your thoughts on Curtis at this stage (from Ch6 to 7)? Any predictions? Does his character deter you?
    - 7.4 shows a different story angle. What do you think of it?

Ch 8
    - Any thoughts or questions on the magic introduction?
    - What do you think of Athena’s character here?

Ch 9
    - What do you think of her actions to what she witnessed?
    - Did I handle this chapter appropriately? Was there enough to prepare the reader? What would you change?

Ch 10
    - What are your thoughts on Masato?
    - Has your impression of Curtis changed?
    - What do you think of Athena’s mental condition at this point?
    - What is your impression of Dew?
    - What do you think of the organisation of the chapters having two different povs?

General
    1. What are your thoughts on the story? Likes/dislikes?
    2. What are your thoughts on the writing? Has there been any changes?
    3. I started exploring different mediums. What did you think of the picture sequence? Anything else about the comic?
    4. Is there anything I should know about but am unaware given the nature of the story? (Or anything else?)
    5. Any questions for me? I’m not sure if you want to ask my characters anything at this point, but that’s open too. :sweat_smile:
    Chapter 6
    - Do you have any specific thoughts about her school life? Her?

I'm so glad Athena is making friends. She deserves it, honestly. She managed to do it without Kian's help already, but I'm glad he did call her out and pushed her to hang out with him. I feel like she needed that and it did her good. I like how everyone wears uniforms at this fancy school. It looks good. Overall, I think Athena is on the comeuppance and is feeling much better about herself and her life.
    - What do you think of the comic? What spoke to you? What didn't?

Oh man, I loved it so much. For a first timer, I feel like this was such an impressive feat. I'm familiar with manga myself so I didn't have a hard time reading in this format. The speech bubbles were all clear to me and the pictures gave such a vivid picture of what was happening. Even without text, I think the meaning would have been clear. I definitely wouldn't mind if there were more comic-style chapters.
    - What impression do you have of Kian?

Favourite character so far. Not really an impression, but it is what I'm thinking right now. He's funny, caring and I think a good influence on both Curtis and Athena. He provides the comic relief in the story while also being a deep character himself. I like the combination of the three of them.
    I just discovered the stupidest mistake. My whole sim life is a lie. Jacqueline is actually Jacquelyn. 😂 Somehow I knew it was the second one, but when I look back at my earliest chapters, I can see I typed Jacqueline. I must have used them intermittently. So... Jac's in-game name is now Jacqueline as well. :D
    That happened to me too. I named a character Blaise, but for the rest of the story I wrote 'Blaze' instead. :joy: I stuck to the second one since I'd be on an easter egg hunt if I changed now.
    edited August 2020
    I did that too. Landgraab is what the game says but I typed Landgrabb in story over and over again. So now everything 'Landgraab' is 'Landgrabb' in my story. But @ajamkeevin said he will accept my story as canon for townies so... :lol:

Monday is sunny here and I'm super tired. :tired_face: And yes I'm like half a day behind you all.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Ahh, it's only half a day xD I only have the thing where I switch names. For example, Yimi is Mercury and visa versa (not that I do that but it could happen, yeah).
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Ah yes, we are very interchangeable. Especially if you add the scythes. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I loved reading through your thoughts. Thank you so much for taking the time to write back! I mean everything I say about you and KCLKF, so I'm happy that my comment made your month :heart::flushed: I'm can't wait to read more about Kass and everyone! And #TeamDavis4ever!

Y'all talking about Mondays, and I'm here like...
    tenor.gif
    I had THE hardest time getting out of bed today but a nice shower and the thought of finally taking some screenshots for K&GI today got me up. Still grumbling, though :P

@mercuryfoam I'm excited to read up on B2W! :3
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I loved reading through your thoughts. Thank you so much for taking the time to write back! I mean everything I say about you and KCLKF, so I'm happy that my comment made your month :heart::flushed: I'm can't wait to read more about Kass and everyone! And #TeamDavis4ever!

Y'all talking about Mondays, and I'm here like...
    tenor.gif
    I had THE hardest time getting out of bed today but a nice shower and the thought of finally taking some screenshots for K&GI today got me up. Still grumbling, though :P

Thank you.

Also I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning too. *sigh* But a shower and breakfast helped me.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest