Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 UC freezing when saving after using Batbox

lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 2
I have a completely clean custom hood that plays fine. Mods, CC, and all. It runs and saves fine. But I'm bored with it atm. I have clean, empty versions of all the hoods, but what I want is to play with the original neighborhoods Sims and all.

They are of course riddled with bloat and errors, which I am cleaning up with hoodchecker, and SimPE starting with Belladonna Cove.
I fixed corrupted memories, the broken graveyard, and am in the process of getting rid of extraneous townies and strays. This is where my problem comes in.

After preparing the Sims for deletion with batbox, I save and it just sits there spinning it's little hourglass forever until I kill it. The weird thing is that when I check the Sims in SimPE, they have indeed been prepared for deletion and I'm able to delete them and their character files. So, it IS saving, but then it just sticks there.

To try to determine if it was a batbox specific issue, I played a bit, had my Sim travel to a community lot and back home, then saved. It crashed one time, but returned to my game the other times. So... it may be a batbox issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have taken out all my CC. I have no townie regen and no stray respawn, as well as a few others to prevent the game from regenerating unwanted Sims. I installed the 4GB patch to make my game able to use 4 instead of 2, and double checked to make sure it actually was.

I've googled for over an hour and I'm at a loss here as to what else to try.
Gallery ID: LadyGray01
Post edited by lisamwitt on

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Not many folks using this feature on batbox I guess. I did google the problem and came up with a MTS post about the same issue. They never really had an answer there either. But they did note that it seemed to be isolated to Belladonna Cove, and that they had no problems with other neighborhoods. So hopefully once I get done with BC, I won't have any more problems.
    I don't know whether this will be useful to anyone or not, but figured I'd add it just in case. The freezing IS only an issue with Belladonna Cove. There are no problems with batbox and other neighborhoods.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Can't you download a clean template of Belladona Cove?
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you for that info @lisamwitt

I use the batbox too and had no idea it would have this effect in Belladona Cove so it's good to know..
    edited August 2020
    garapoes wrote: »
    Can't you download a clean template of Belladona Cove?

Yes, I actually have clean templates for all the neighborhoods. But, I decided I wanted to play with the neighborhoods as they were originally, just cleaned up more. I did find versions of the neighborhoods that someone else had done, with the same idea in mind. But they had deleted Sims and ancestors that I wanted to keep.
    I could have used it anyway, and just put them back in, fixed all the family trees and everything. But, in the end I decided to just start from scratch and do what I wanted myself.