Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    78% of the voters here so far have voted "No". And I agree.
    So, 78% of the voters are incredibly boring people with no appreciation for the silly, crazy and fantastic...no wonder I feel out of place. J/K (partly, at least)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    No
    Nindigo wrote: »
    So, 78% of the voters are incredibly boring people with no appreciation for the silly, crazy and fantastic...no wonder I feel out of place. J/K (partly, at least)

I don't think insulting people for an opinion is necessary, constructive in the least and beyond that it just isn't a good look.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Yes
    ladybreid wrote: »

I don't think insulting people for an opinion is necessary, constructive in the least and beyond that it just isn't a good look.

You read that as an insult? It was not intended as one, but I digress...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    No
    > @Nindigo said:
    > (Quote)
    > So, 78% of the voters are incredibly boring people with no appreciation for the silly, crazy and fantastic...no wonder I feel out of place. J/K (partly, at least)

This is kind of rude? Like you can put JK at the end but this came off incredibly rude.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes
    I'm so excited and I'm so not sorry about it.

I don't even care if I'm only one of ten people in the world who like it, I'll be having a blast on Sept. 8. :)
    #Team Occult
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I don't even care if I'm only one of ten people in the world who like it, I'll be having a blast on Sept. 8. :)

I hope that you have a great time with it and that it is everything that you'd hope for. I'll check out more information next week, but will be ducking away from the forums for awhile. I find that too much exposure to this community is almost corrosive in its effect on the soul.
    Yes
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I hope that you have a great time with it and that it is everything that you'd hope for. I'll check out more information next week, but will be ducking away from the forums for awhile. I find that too much exposure to this community is almost corrosive in its effect on the soul.

Thank you. :)

I totally understand. Perhaps we'll cross paths again in calmer waters. At least...until the next pack is announced and causes a new wave of crazy.
    #Team Occult
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    No

You should never have to be sorry for something you like. I certainly am not when I like a pack the majority doesn't. I am not interested in this pack and won't be buying it, but I do plan on checking out let's plays from my favorite simmers who are excited for it, just to see what they do with it. I hope you have lots of fun with the pack.
    Yes
    Sara1010P wrote: »

You should never have to be sorry for something you like. I certainly am not when I like a pack the majority doesn't. I am not interested in this pack and won't be buying it, but I do plan on checking out let's plays from my favorite simmers who are excited for it, just to see what they do with it. I hope you have lots of fun with the pack.

Thank you so much! I appreciate it and I hope the next pack will be one you like. :)
    #Team Occult
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »

I do agree for if it floats one boat you should enjoy the ride, even though I may get it at an good sale. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    No
    ...and I love Star Wars. But I'd rather just have more costumes added or something. Or really, I'd rather they expanded the sims aliens to make them on par with later occult sims like vampires or spellcasters. Even if I wish it maybe would've been like that from their introduction, I might've been willing to pay for a whole 'alien pack', if they did enough with it. This? Just...doesn't fit with my game at all. There's plenty of Star wars video games already--what's gained by having them in the Sims, ffs?
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    There's plenty of Star wars video games already--what's gained by having them in the Sims, ffs?

Oh, I dunno. Maybe for the sandbox feel of it? We haven’t really had an RPG/create your own character game for a long now. Last one I can think of that was mainstream was KOTOR and KOTOR 2 (not really counting SWTOR because it takes jumping through hoops to play that thing if you don’t have a PC). Iden was tons of fun and all, and I’m sure Cal Kestis is too, but there’s no character customization there. And before that it was Galen Marek with TFU and TFU 2, and I don’t really like him that much. But that’s just my observation, I guess. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No

I know you were trying to make a joke response, but the way you worded it came across as way too rude. I love insane and whacky things in the sims, I'm an occult gamer and want to see more of them. Seriously, at this rate with the lack of occult/interesting gameplay, I'd take a generic sci-fi pack over Disney, via EA trying to shove Galaxy's edge down my throat.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    No
    I voted no because non of the packs released so far have excited me.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    No
    Is it Aprils Fools Day?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    No
    Since I came to the Sims franchise after TS3 started I bought all of my TS2 discs after they had been out for awhile. So I have to ask...was there a TS2 pack that was received like this? In TS3 there was Sweet Treats but looking back it seems like it must have been more anticipated that this pack.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    Since I came to the Sims franchise after TS3 started I bought all of my TS2 discs after they had been out for awhile. So I have to ask...was there a TS2 pack that was received like this? In TS3 there was Sweet Treats but looking back it seems like it must have been more anticipated that this pack.

I don't know if Sweet Treats got this level of hate, but I get a lot of the same One True Wayism about how The Sims is supposed to be.

I just don't know how much of the hate around Sweet Treats was about how The Sims 3 was a garbage game and EA is a garbage company and I'm very mad that they've made a DLC that I don't want to buy for this game that I hate playing.

I mean, I bought Sweet Treats. I rarely used the stuff from it, but I also rarely used that pack of stuff from the TS3 exchange that let you build a Russian cathedral, or multiple neighborhoods that I played in once or twice or never. And sometimes you have a witch who needs a candy themed house and wardrobe, right? I would buy a Sweet Treats Stuff pack for TS4, tbh, for that very reason.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    I dont even know what star wars is about. star wars is a 70s/80s cultural phenomenon. I wasnt born yet.

Star Wars is about a family. A family like any other with their ups and downs. Only, it's set in space. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. It's also epic.

Really, it's the perfect story for those who are into family game play. I don't know why everybody is so sad. :)
    It really is. Something my family and I enjoy together. My parents got me into it at a young age.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Yes
    Not really. TS2 and TS1 packs were all received better which I guess means less packs is better quality.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited August 2020
    Undecided. Kylo and Rey are not Star Wars to me, and I don’t want to see lightsabers popping up in normal worlds. I will wait for reviews.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

You read that as an insult? It was not intended as one, but I digress...

In some sense your post can be considered insulting even if you said JK but then you added partly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    No
    I don't think I've ever been more uninterested in a pack.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
    edited August 2020
    Yes
    Metaphasic wrote: »
    Undecided. Kylo and Rey are not Star Wars to me, and I don’t want to see lightsabers popping up in normal worlds. I will wait for reviews.
    Hopefully there is an option to turn the force off too for those that don't want it. We really do need an individual supernatural toggle like Sims 3 had but more expanded than that one.
  • SpookyGnomesSpookyGnomes Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I'm not a big Star Wars fan. I'm not too excited about the pack. I will purchase it, regardless because there are items I saw in the trailer that I do like. I'm hoping it will be like a Strangerville or Jungle Adventures pack where everything is sort of kept in those worlds. I don't want my sims just walking around Brindleton Bay having battles with lightsabers dressed like they are from the movies.

I am happy they are branching out and getting things that grab a lot of people's interests. I know a lot of people who are huge Star Wars fans and this is something that is making them very happy.

I also want to have babies with Kylo.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't like Star Wars and I may be in the minority here but it sounds like a fun pack to me.

Not to be rude to some players but it feels like every time they release a pack that isn't mundane people throw a tantrum. I get difference of taste and all, but it's always a very one way thing that whenever an out there pack comes out people will complain even if every other pack that year is realism. There's gonna be more packs, if you don't like this one you can just get the next one! I'm always happy they include stuff for both mundane family players and people who want something a bit more out there! :)

If you want a realism pack there's plenty of those to play with and there'll definitely be more later this year, it's not the end of the world.

I completely agree with you.