Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yikes .... The Game Pack Trailer has more dislikes than likes

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Everyone in the comments section now is spamming the same message of encouraging others to not buy the pack if they don't like it in an attempt to show EA they can't ignore us anymore.

Good.
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    [quote="AHolyToilet;c-17634779"]Everyone in the comments section now is spamming the same message of encouraging others to not buy the pack if they don't like it in an attempt to show EA they can't ignore us anymore.[/quote]

First back since I started playing Sims 1 I won’t be purchasing. I don’t feel like paying to be advertised to.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.

Why do you think that?? I see only recycled items and animations from Jungle Advdentures and Get Famous in the trailer.

It only has a bigger budget because Disney threw money at them.

Isn't that a good thing if they did have money thrown at them? Programmers might have slyly fixed some bugs with it as well.

If it is a success the next Expansion might be improved as well.

We ought to be grateful that Sims 4 has turned out a money winner as it looks as if a new Sims game is in the works. I hope they don't call it Sims 5 though. We wouldn't be getting that if Sims 4 failed as the CEO said something like that at the time Sims 4 came out.

The programmers building the DLC aren’t the people fixing bugs so no extra cash isn’t going to help in that regard. Also would not effect the next EP. Disney isn’t funding Maxis they paid for some promotional content.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Does anyone remember how many likes/dislikes the MFP trailer had before they took it down? I am interested to see if it was better or worse received than this pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    why does it matter what anyone else thinks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

Doesn't matter to me from a personal perspective. I am excited about the pack regardless. I'm just idly curious about how the community in general has received the pack.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »

If majority dislikes a certain pack, it's an issue as EA has clearly ignored the surveys made to check most preferences on what they want in the game tbh. So yes. It matters

Everybody will buy it anyways.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member

If majority dislikes a certain pack, it's an issue as EA has clearly ignored the surveys made to check most preferences on what they want in the game tbh. So yes. It matters

Speak for yourself. Don't speak for me :D I'm not buying it.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member

Speak for yourself.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020

Yeah I wonder how much this will sell, people tend to say that 80% of a player base will only play the game and never engage with the community at all. So they might just buy it anyway. They might see lower sales numbers for those other 20%.

As for me, I'm not going to buy it, I don't want to deal with potential bugs and weird looking townies.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have all the packs up to this point, including ones like Moschino that I wasn't very interested in but I thought "Well, I can use some of the CAS and build/buy stuff."

Not this time. This one's a hard pass from me.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The one thing that makes me kind of mad (and I could be totally wrong) is that it looks like they invested way more money into this pack than others. That's just so unfair. Like did Disney throw money at them? Did EA think that because it would maybe pull in Star Wars fans into the Sims that they were willing to spend more money? It really frustrates and upsets me. The CAS items alone had to cost way more money than normal.

Why do you think that?? I see only recycled items and animations from Jungle Advdentures and Get Famous in the trailer.

Isn't that a good thing if they did have money thrown at them? Programmers might have slyly fixed some bugs with it as well.

We ought to be grateful that Sims 4 has turned out a money winner as it looks as if a new Sims game is in the works. I hope they don't call it Sims 5 though. We wouldn't be getting that if Sims 4 failed as the CEO said something like that at the time Sims 4 came out.
    If this pack a success, we might get tons more crossovers over highly-requested themes.

We shouldn't be grateful, because we were the ones funding it. We made them successful. They should be grateful to us for buying their shallow and underdeveloped offerings.

If you don't want to fund it that's your own personal choice but I and many are grateful we fund it. We need an adventure to break the monotony from time to time. I just wish it was as full of choices as World Adventures was for Sims 3.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2020
    ryttu3k wrote: »
    So just to have something to compare to, I went back and checked out a lot of other reveal/first look trailers. Here are the ratios of likes to dislikes!

Strangerville: 80k to 4.2k
    Island Living: 120k to 1.1k
    Moschino: 26k to 7.6k
    Realm of Magic: 125k to 3.1k
    Discover University: 132k to 2.8k
    Tiny Living: 118k to 4.3k
    Eco Lifestyle: 93k to 39k
    Nifty Knitting: 51k to 5.6k
    Journey to Batuu: 36k to 81k

Goodness! EL (and Moschino) did have a fair amount of Dislikes, but their like to dislike ratio is still positive, and it's almost reverse that of JtB. For the sake of disclosure, I Liked all but Moschino and JtB, which I Disliked, and I've since changed my mind on Moschino and really enjoy it as a pack.

Okay, that's Youtube. How about on the forums? The next three polls are all, "Are you buying?" polls:

Eco Lifestyle, initial: yes 162 / 50%, no 67 / 20%, maybe 93 / 28%
    EL, after the livestream: yes 250 / 77%, no 31 / 9%, maybe 40 / 12%
    Nifty Knitting: yes 238 / 70%, no 39 / 11%, undecided 59 / 17%

So the initial reaction to EL was more skeptical, but at least half straight-out said, yes, we're interested, we like how it looks. By the time the livestream had come out, it was widely positive. NK was positive from the outset. There were detractors for both packs, yes, but the vast majority ended up quite positive, and even EL had more positive responses than negative even from the very beginning.

What are the responses to Journey to Batuu so far?

Are you excited for The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu?

Yes: 84 / 22%
    No: 296 / 77%

What do you think of Journey to Batuu?

Can't wait!: 58 / 17%
    Pretty good: 25 / 7%
    Okay / not really bothered: 39 / 11%
    Definitely not buying: 189 / 56%
    Will buy in a sale: 20 / 5%
    If it has...: 4 / 1%

Journey to Baatu : new pack! Your thoughts?

I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip. 65% / 189 votes
    I am vaguely interested,and i will most likely buy the Star Wars pack 12% / 37 votes
    I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme and cant wait! 14% / 43 votes
    I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc. 6% / 20 votes

Are you looking forward to sims 4 journey to batuu

Yes: 46 / 35%
    No: 84 / 64%

Goodness.

Whether this pack actually will be any good or not is kind of beside the point. I can't compare to MFPS because I wasn't following TS4 at the time, but this level of dislike and sheer lack of interest is vastly stronger than other 'contentious' packs like Eco Lifestyle (which has always been majority positive, even from the start!). The numbers straight-out say that the vast majority of those who have an opinion on it are not interested in this extended theme park advertisement cash grab, and I seriously hope EA actually listens.

That's because the Sims games lost the gaming element of the community after other expansions came out after World Adventures. It got doll's house after that.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    So just to have something to compare to, I went back and checked out a lot of other reveal/first look trailers. Here are the ratios of likes to dislikes!

Goodness! EL (and Moschino) did have a fair amount of Dislikes, but their like to dislike ratio is still positive, and it's almost reverse that of JtB. For the sake of disclosure, I Liked all but Moschino and JtB, which I Disliked, and I've since changed my mind on Moschino and really enjoy it as a pack.

Okay, that's Youtube. How about on the forums? The next three polls are all, "Are you buying?" polls:

So the initial reaction to EL was more skeptical, but at least half straight-out said, yes, we're interested, we like how it looks. By the time the livestream had come out, it was widely positive. NK was positive from the outset. There were detractors for both packs, yes, but the vast majority ended up quite positive, and even EL had more positive responses than negative even from the very beginning.

I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip. 65% / 189 votes
    I am vaguely interested,and i will most likely buy the Star Wars pack 12% / 37 votes
    I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc. 6% / 20 votes

Goodness.

Whether this pack actually will be any good or not is kind of beside the point. I can't compare to MFPS because I wasn't following TS4 at the time, but this level of dislike and sheer lack of interest is vastly stronger than other 'contentious' packs like Eco Lifestyle (which has always been majority positive, even from the start!). The numbers straight-out say that the vast majority of those who have an opinion on it are not interested in this extended theme park advertisement cash grab, and I seriously hope EA actually listens.

Amazing job working up some numbers. The hero we needed but not the one we deserved.

The dislike to like ratio is INSANE and as someone who has been active here for a couple years, I was thinking I'd never quite seen as much unhappiness as with this but couldn't prove it. There is always give and take with new packs but...wow. Big miss on this one.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited August 2020
    Gordy wrote: »

If this pack a success, we might get tons more crossovers over highly-requested themes.

We shouldn't be grateful, because we were the ones funding it. We made them successful. They should be grateful to us for buying their shallow and underdeveloped offerings.

If you don't want to fund it that's your own personal choice but I and many are grateful we fund it. We need an adventure to break the monotony from time to time. I just wish it was as full of choices as World Adventures was for Sims 3.
    I'm not saying that you can't like it or support it. Honestly, I hope you enjoy JtB. I'm saying that this pack being successful won't necessarily mean that other packs will benefit from it, or that extra money will be funneled into them. Support for this is far more likely to result in more brand crossovers.

I want adventure, too. I loved Jungle Adventure and I'd be ecstatic to get a World Adventures for S4. But I don't want another franchise's adventure grafted onto mine.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    I think one of the most bonkers thing about the pack is that most likely we’ll have some freak townies that are going to populate wearing some Star Wars space garb and ruin the neighborhood aesthetic even further lol.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »

Goodness.

Amazing job working up some numbers. The hero we needed but not the one we deserved.

The dislike to like ratio is INSANE and as someone who has been active here for a couple years, I was thinking I'd never quite seen as much unhappiness as with this but couldn't prove it. There is always give and take with new packs but...wow. Big miss on this one.

It’s like this right now because players were angry but kept tolerating it. Star Wars happened to be the last thing that many just had enough. If Star Wars is being released no, it was in development probably since last year, when player were asking for farming or fixes to current bugs or updates to existing features, and we get this. EA had this coming
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm so actually disgusted by this pack that it drove me back to the Sims 3 and considering my opinions of the Sims 3 from my past experience that is quite an achievement.

I will not buy the Star Wars pack and just the fact that it even exists has put me off playing the game altogether.

I don't know who they are creating this game for anymore but it certainly doesn't seem to be for me. I want a life simulation game but sadly the Sims 4 seems to be going in another direction from that.

girl exactly, the direction ea is trying to drive the sims franchise to is a mystery. virtual sandbox? realistic life simulator? story driven? are they using the sims as an experiment lab? what is it ea?? why don't just stick to its main goal back in sims 1?? if it worked and people loved it, why trying something new that most of the people is already disliking??