Sul sul! How many baes is too many? The answer is NONE! Join @kelseydangerous on her journey of love as she attempts to maintain 100 romantic relationships.
Follow along on her road to love here!
September 17th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Genuine question, do they just enjoy watching the community flip out?

Comments

  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔

    Well they didn’t hit the like button so I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply.

    Perhaps among them are people who don't play TS4, or are like me. I watch videos all the time without liking or disliking them. Sometimes, infomation is the only thing a person seeks.


    Origin ID: Nindigo79

    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    So what are ya'll gonna do about your anger, besides spewing it here over and over and over? Do you assume it will make a difference? Will you ever move on? Have you thought about a next step? I'm curious.


    Origin ID: Nindigo79

    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔

    Well they didn’t hit the like button so I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply.

    Perhaps among them are people who don't play TS4, or are like me. I watch videos all the time without liking or disliking them. Sometimes, infomation is the only thing a person seeks.

    Right so when talking about reactions leave them out. We’re talking about 120k+ votes, if they didn’t vote why bring them up? Their feelings are not relevant because they have to be assumed, and you and I could interpret their lack of a response completely differently. So those 750k views who didn’t vote don’t matter in the scope of this discussion. Sorry.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 8,601 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔

    Doesn't mean anything. If the majority of the visible reactions are dislikes, it heavily implies the general census is hatred. We can play 'if' games all day or go off of what is visible :-)

    This doesn’t mean anything either.

    A couple of YouTube dislikes.
    A couple of Twitter rants.

    You will need to do a lot more research to find out who is or isn’t excited by the pack. Try and ask 20 million players and see what they’ll come up with.

    What does mean something is the amount of downloads this GP will get. At the moment we know nothing and EA will advertise the DLC as best as they can, regardless of backlash.
    How do you think they should have worded that tweet?

    “Oh hey guys we hear you, but could you maybe please buy this Star Wars GP anyway. Luv ya! X?”

    🤷🏻‍♂️

    lol or we're sorry we'll just not sell this pack we'll go tell Disney the deal is off our families don't need to eat this month
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 2,766 Member
    My image of EA is a caveman banging rocks on their head mumbling "moneyyy"
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?


    Origin ID: Nindigo79

    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

  • GordyGordy Posts: 2,015 Member
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔
    I bet a lot of people came to see what the drama is all about. I know I've viewed it multiple times to watch the like/dislike ratio grow, to read comments and to look through the trailer to see if there are any hints towards dragons.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,745 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔
    I bet a lot of people came to see what the drama is all about. I know I've viewed it multiple times to watch the like/dislike ratio grow, to read comments and to look through the trailer to see if there are any hints towards dragons.

    This. This. I was going to respond with this, but I was beaten to the draw. I guarantee this has added way, way more than a few views. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?

    Umm 🧐 last I checked players get attacked for complaining about the game more than anything else.

    They get equally attacked for liking the game, the way I see it. Like 'How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ can you like a game that is so hopeless?! You ought to get beaten up for liking such a terrible thing!' :'(


    Origin ID: Nindigo79

    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,088 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?

    Umm 🧐 last I checked players get attacked for complaining about the game more than anything else.

    They get equally attacked for liking the game, the way I see it. Like 'How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ can you like a game that is so hopeless?! You ought to get beaten up for liking such a terrible thing!' :'(

    Omg lol. I haven’t seen that but I hope no one is saying that.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 8,601 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    So what are ya'll gonna do about your anger, besides spewing it here over and over and over? Do you assume it will make a difference? Will you ever move on? Have you thought about a next step? I'm curious.
    People's anger is what got us toddlers, a basic feature that was left out of the basic game and got us new skin tones coming soon after six years so no I will never "move on" because that's not what you do if you want to see change in a game you like. Silence and taking everything that EA gives us is not the answer.

    On the another note I'm so excited to see the star wars fandom flip out when they play the pack realizes its shallow, underwhelming and buggy. Stars wars has a much better games and this is a guaranteed to pale in comparison.

    there's a big differences between this and toddlers people were asking for toddlers to be added they weren't complaining about something
    being in the game @HayleeSims
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 655 Member
    "There's no such thing as bad publicity."

    And Simmers ARE excited. They're furious and pouty, but they're definitely excited. :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,303 Member
    The controversy gets then lots of attention on social media.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited August 2020
    Well you know in advertising, even bad publicity is still publicity. They're still getting noticed by a LOT of people. People are talking about it on all social media platforms. Some people who are not a "sims fan" or maybe have had no interest in the sims might still become curious and want to check it out.

    I'm not particularly happy about this pack, it's not my style but then again I haven't always been happy with a lot of the packs they came out with for TS4 or the other iterations. I just chose (as I will choose not to with this one as well) not to buy them.

    I don't mind story driven packs, but the sci-fi ones (as in Strangerville and now Star Wars) is not something I'm interested in. If it was some other type of story driven pack, I would probably be excited for it. For me, from what I could tell from the small amount of content we saw in the trailer, I didn't see anything that would be much use for me to use in my normal, everyday, boring builds. Strangerville at least had some "normal" looking build/buy and CAS objects, clothing, and hair that could be used for everyday play.

    That's the main reason I'm not excited for this pack. It looks like it's just a little too "out there" for my style. But, I'm ok with that because there's other people who are excited and will find joy in it and hopefully the next pack will more to my liking.

    Do I understand the reason why a lot of people are upset about this pack? Absolutely, it's not necessarily the pack that's got them riled up, it's the fact they put out such a niched pack that will only appeal to small majority of people and they aren't addressing and fixing the bugs that are present, and have been present for a long time that effect EVERYBODY. People need to understand, this pack wasn't just made recently, it's been in the works for a long time.

    The problem is "fixing issues and bugs" doesn't bring them in any money. They've already made their money from people buying the packs, it's not like they're going to be forced to refund the money for the packs that are broken, so what's in their mind? "What's the hurry in fixing stuff? We're not going to lose money because of it. People are going to complain, but we all know they'll still buy the next pack"

    And, no matter what, if it wasn't a SW pack, and it was something the majority of the people wanted, people would buy it, and there would be bugs, and it would take forever for them to be fixed, and people would still be complaining.

    I don't think it's right, AT ALL.

    Video games should be like any other product you buy, if you buy a Firestick and it won't work or doesn't do what it was advertised to do, you would call and complain to customer service and they would either replace it or refund you. That doesn't happen for video games.

    What would be best, is if they provided a 1-hour demo before you buy a game or pack. In an hour you could probably go thru and find a lot of bugs and then that would be your deciding factor on whether you should trust them to make it right and go ahead and buy it or to wait until it was publicly announced the bugs were fixed.

    But, they will never do that because they would lose money and people would NEVER choose to buy it with all of the inevitable bugs.

    Unfortunately, this is not new, you either continue to support them by buying the packs knowing there will be bugs and things that will probably never get added and hope that the modders can fix them or you move on to a different game and give your support to them. Sadly EA knows they have a monopoly on Life Simulation games, there's no competition (at this point in time) that they need to worry that their major fanbase will jump ship and pledge allegiance to someone else.

    So right now, they can pretty much do whatever they want. If/when a true competitor comes on the scene with as good or better game who cares about the issues the customers have with gameplay bugs, we are at their mercy.

    Either continue to support them or don't. Complaining in a million different threads about the same thing is doing nothing but pitting the community (who are here because of a mutual love of The Sims). I don't even know if they have PR people who actually read/listen to what is being said on these forums. If I would have to guess, I would say probably not. So many threads on here are really negative! Or maybe it doesn't start out that way but it inevitably turns into a negative discussion.

    It's exhausting! LOL
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,344 Member
    There really has only ever been one thing that EA cares about and it isn't their customers opinions or satisfaction.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @HayleeSims Why are we attacking each other and being mean, when it's the game that is obviously the problem?

    Umm 🧐 last I checked players get attacked for complaining about the game more than anything else.

    They get equally attacked for liking the game, the way I see it. Like 'How the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ can you like a game that is so hopeless?! You ought to get beaten up for liking such a terrible thing!' :'(

    Exactly, I saw the other day people declared war on Deligracy for defending the pack and now everyones saying shes kissing EA's a**, James made a video about him liking the pack because he likes it and people are coming for him for being an a** kisser aswell.

    Tons of other people have been going into positivity threads to brand everyone who likes the pack an apologist or insulting their intelligence and mocking them for liking it, I've seen a lot of very demeaning comments towards anyone who likes it. A lot of people seem to have a superiority complex and think anyone who likes it is too stupid and incompetent to think for themselves, that's not a different opinion that's nastiness. Obviously it's not everyone and I'm not blaming everyone but it's a shame things like this are happening over a game. When people have been talking about "toxic attitudes", these are what they've been talking about, not the standard complaining. People need to realise the issue is not other players it's the company.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's their attempt to get everyone onboard with the stupid pack they're trying to sell...

    Though, I have to wonder... how many people who are expressing anger and distaste over this pack are actually gonna pull through and NOT buy the pack!? That's the real question... because it doesn't matter how much people hate a pack. It doesn't matter how much criticism it gets. If it sells well, it's considered a "success" and a "hit" by EA.

    There were quite a lot of people who hated 'My First Pet', but bought it anyway because they wanted to finish the collection or whatever... while still heavily hating it. The same happened with 'Eco Lifestyle' at launch... that's NOT how it works, people! If you want EA to listen, then you need to STOP buying these packs!!! If you truly and genuinely hate a pack, then the best you can do is NOT buy it! That's the only hope we have at all if we want them to start listening.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Backyard Stuff
    Sims 4: Spa Day Game Pack

    78MB6Gb.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's their attempt to get everyone onboard with the stupid pack they're trying to sell...

    Though, I have to wonder... how many people who are expressing anger and distaste over this pack are actually gonna pull through and NOT buy the pack!? That's the real question... because it doesn't matter how much people hate a pack. It doesn't matter how much criticism it gets. If it sells well, it's considered a "success" and a "hit" by EA.

    There were quite a lot of people who hated 'My First Pet', but bought it anyway because they wanted to finish the collection or whatever... while still heavily hating it. The same happened with 'Eco Lifestyle' at launch... that's NOT how it works, people! If you want EA to listen, then you need to STOP buying these packs!!! If you truly and genuinely hate a pack, then the best you can do is NOT buy it! That's the only hope we have at all if we want them to start listening.

    MFPS is STILL not lit up on my TS4 splash screen and never will. xD And I am in no hurry now to buy this one.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2020
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔

    Doesn't mean anything. If the majority of the visible reactions are dislikes, it heavily implies the general census is hatred. We can play 'if' games all day or go off of what is visible :-)

    This doesn’t mean anything either.

    A couple of YouTube dislikes.
    A couple of Twitter rants.

    You will need to do a lot more research to find out who is or isn’t excited by the pack. Try and ask 20 million players and see what they’ll come up with.

    What does mean something is the amount of downloads this GP will get. At the moment we know nothing and EA will advertise the DLC as best as they can, regardless of backlash.
    How do you think they should have worded that tweet?

    “Oh hey guys we hear you, but could you maybe please buy this Star Wars GP anyway. Luv ya! X?”

    🤷🏻‍♂️

    Couple, lmao. K.


    Also, hyperbole doesn't support your argument in any way.

    They just couldn't have tweeted *that*. They never do these kind of tweets and it just happened to be that they employed this brilliant "marketing tactic" now?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    So what are ya'll gonna do about your anger, besides spewing it here over and over and over? Do you assume it will make a difference? Will you ever move on? Have you thought about a next step? I'm curious.

    Glad we all agree Maxis doesn't care. Over and over and over.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    What about the 750, 000 viewers who watched but didn't react? Wonder how they feel. 🤔
    I bet a lot of people came to see what the drama is all about. I know I've viewed it multiple times to watch the like/dislike ratio grow, to read comments and to look through the trailer to see if there are any hints towards dragons.

    This. This. I was going to respond with this, but I was beaten to the draw. I guarantee this has added way, way more than a few views. :D

    No, repeatedly viewing a video doesn't increase its views past 310+. It needs to be a unique viewer.
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top