Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About Copies of Save Files

BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
I recently found the backups of all of the files from my old childhood PC, including my Sims 2 save files.

I really want to play these on my laptop, but I don't want to overwrite my existing save files. How can I safely import my old neighborhoods?

(I'm running Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference, and the old PC was XP.)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    What I do is I will take my current game saves, and place them in another folder in a safe place, then place in the other saves. I am currently playing on a Windows 8.1, but I started playing on an XP as well.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I second what LaBlue said. It's what I do too. I always have backups of my neighborhoods on my desktop and on a thumb drive and I swap out the ones in my game periodically.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think I've read once that you have to edit some code in a file to have the game recognize similar neighborhoods as 2 separate things, but I don't remember where and what you must do.
  • Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    You could also just rename your current EA Games folder (I usually put a number behind it or name it something that describes it) and then put the old one in and make sure it just says EA Games. This way, you can have as many game folders as you want and your comp can handle.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Karon

Thanks for that you tube link I often forget how to do when it comes to backing up and reusing my neighborhoods..While I am here every time I see your Avi around the boards I want to say I love it. Mrs Crumplebottom is my absolute favorite NPC of all time and I occasionally boot S1 just to watch that version of her there as well :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Karon

Thanks for that you tube link I often forget how to do when it comes to backing up and reusing my neighborhoods..While I am here every time I see your Avi around the boards I want to say I love it. Mrs Crumplebottom is my absolute favorite NPC of all time and I occasionally boot S1 just to watch that version of her there as well :)

Mrs Crumplebottom's a really remarkable character. I don't remember where I've taken this profile picture from, but this one wasn't made by me, but its such a good represantation of her in Sims 4 that I couldn't use it haha.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Karon

Perhaps we are in a minority here but I would love to see her doing her thing in every series of the game :)
    @SPARKY1922 me too. Even its her daughter, grandaughter, great-grandaughter hahaha