Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nifty Knitting: Share Your Screenshots!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    My first Plopsy sale! $75

aeB9lXn.png

SimguruNinga just happens to be walking by as my sim puts it in the mailbox.

tYWlJFB.png

:p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Cozy winter night knitting

Qs6GZs1.png
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Cozy winter night knitting

Qs6GZs1.png

Ahh look at the cute dog. :)
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

This is Kacey and her hubby, Jay Lang.
    Kacey loves knitting on her porch while Jay talks to his grandpa, Grayson.
    Knitting.jpg

Family Photos
    Top Right are Jay's parents and his little brother. Jays mom and dad again. Then below them are Jay's grandparents.
    In the middle are Kacey's grandparents. Kacey's grandma also loves to knit.
    Top left are family friends who attended the wedding. Below them are Kacey's parents. Then Kacey's sister and her boyfriend.
    Family-Photo.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Hearts4u wrote: »

This is Kacey and her hubby, Jay Lang.
    Kacey loves knitting on her porch while Jay talks to his grandpa, Grayson.
    Knitting.jpg

Family Photos
    Top Right are Jay's parents and his little brother. Jays mom and dad again. Then below them are Jay's grandparents.
    In the middle are Kacey's grandparents. Kacey's grandma also loves to knit.
    Top left are family friends who attended the wedding. Below them are Kacey's parents. Then Kacey's sister and her boyfriend.
    Family-Photo.jpg

I like those new boots that came with this pack that she is wearing. Those were really needed. I actually mentioned this in the Ideas Forum along with a picture of those I took in a store and EA Listened. That was several years ago maybe 2.

@catloverplayer Those boots are my favorite. I'm so happy they brought them to the game. :wink:
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love knitting and I love this pack. I love all of the things my sims can knit! Now if we just got a sewing machine. :)

One of my favorite sims knitting. He's from a comic I am writing.

oCWjp46.png

A kitty enjoying the yarn...

c9ojHC6.png

My wizard knitting by the fire.

M8wHnIT.png

And my Dany sim and her Galaxy cat (I downloaded both of these from the gallery.)

DNvrXmR.png
    I love knitting and I love this pack. I love all of the things my sims can knit! Now if we just got a sewing machine. :)

One of my favorite sims knitting. He's from a comic I am writing.

oCWjp46.png

A kitty enjoying the yarn...

c9ojHC6.png

My wizard knitting by the fire.

M8wHnIT.png

And my Dany sim and her Galaxy cat (I downloaded both of these from the gallery.)

DNvrXmR.png

I love that cat. I downloaded it as well a while back.
  • IlyIly Posts: 17 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > My first knitting project!
    >
    How do i find the knitting part. My sims cannot knit because they have not the sticks ?
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ily wrote: »
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    >
    How do i find the knitting part. My sims cannot knit because they have not the sticks ?

@Ily I am not an expert since I dont have the pack but I think you need a knitting basket
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ily wrote: »
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    >

The knitting bag or knitting basket needs to be in your sim's inventory.
  • IlyIly Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you my friends, I have just done my first toddler hat.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I've enjoyed looking through everyone's pics. Such a variety of knitters!

I've been playing this couple for about 4 RL years, and now with the ladders and the knitting pack was happy to finally give them a craft room upstairs in their small attic.

He likes to knit and listen to the focus station, carve some pumpkins, and she likes to paint and arrange flowers (her room is downstairs).
    11ilAcd.jpg

They somehow managed to get a full sized grand piano up that ladder! :D
    IUSKNcn.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I've enjoyed looking through everyone's pics. Such a variety of knitters!

I've been playing this couple for about 4 RL years, and now with the ladders and the knitting pack was happy to finally give them a craft room upstairs in their small attic.

He likes to knit and listen to the focus station, carve some pumpkins, and she likes to paint and arrange flowers (her room is downstairs).
    11ilAcd.jpg

They somehow managed to get a full sized grand piano up that ladder! :D
    IUSKNcn.jpg

That looks super cozy! And it reminds me that I actually did not add those ladders to any of my homes yet. Totally forgot about it, but now you gave me ideas - thx :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    You wouldn't know it that the night was actually chilly, that is. Guess she's hastily knitting herself a blanket to keep warm? Brianna, Brianna, what are you thinking my sweet little Sim? LOL

MwJyR5v.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I really enjoy this little pack! So many of my sims started knitting, there is the "Nifty Knitters" club, and shopping malls have a crafting store aiming towards knitters. I did not expect a small stuff pack to affect so many lives :)

20200910-knittin1.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Cool Beans - we can sell the stuff our Sims knit = I'll have to have my new Sim do some knitting tonight.
  • SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,302 Member

Today I invested in the pack and made a cap and a pair of socks.
    It was no surprice I had to select Skip Knitting project to complete it.
    Now I wonder if Knitting can be part of Club activities and if NPCs will be able to knit too.

Fun6tj4.png
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited September 2020
    Today I invested in the pack and made a cap and a pair of socks.
    It was no surprice I had to select Skip Knitting project to complete it.
    Now I wonder if Knitting can be part of Club activities and if NPCs will be able to knit too.

Fun6tj4.png

Yes to clubs, it is listed as one of the activities for clubs.

No to NPC (I think) - at least you would first need to gift the NPC the knitting basket, because nobody can knit without that in their inventory. In my knitting club the non-active members will mostly not knit, and there is no such command like "Knit together". I have seen non-played members sit down to knit though, but only one at the time.

Faster knitting is a buyable club perk, so even if only your active sim is knitting, it would be worthwhile gathering the members :)

Edit: knitting faster OR building knitting skill faster, can't remember :)
    edited September 2020
    @Simmerville

Thank you, that sounds great. I will see if I can gift the basket to friends and start a Knitting Club.

Edit:
    Well, I can not find the option to gift the basket to other sims. How do I gift stuff in the game?
    dfsVjcK.png
    Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
    @Simmerville

Thank you, that sounds great. I will see if I can gift the basket to friends and start a Knitting Club.

Edit:
    Well, I can not find the option to gift the basket to other sims. How do I gift stuff in the game?
    dfsVjcK.png

I'm not sure you can gift the basket, but I thought so as most anything from inventory can be gifted.

Look under FRIENDLY>GIFT>FRIENDLY GIFT

If not possible, you can enter those houses and add the baskets manually.
    edited September 2020
    @Simmerville
    I still can't find an option to gift anything.
    It seems the cheat bb.enablefreebuild is making the game act up. I can not see the sims in their house, when that cheat is active. Weird, but probably a glitch with the new pack.

Now I will try this:
    I included a basket in another sim's inventory and a basket in their home too and will invite her into the new Club and see how it works.
    bJUmsjK.png
    They did not start knitting on their own, so I can try to teach em first instead
    tTLy0ic.png
    GqYsDwX.png

Knitting may not be one of those activities Club members will do on their own a lot. Therefor I have added friendley interactions and telling jokes on the list of Club activities. I may ad stuff to the list of banned actions, if it seems apropiate and I am thinking of adding baking and eating to list of activities, to form a nice new Club.

What do You guys think, could this be the recipe for a great Club?

A3e7EPP.png
    After adding more members and including Baking and eating it became obvious, that Baking is one of those activities everyone wants to do and with one Stove, it may be tricky.
    hTZszjR.png

Wow, Mama Madame is Knitting too - finaly one of the other members does it, yay :)
    YaNVZWs.png
    Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
    Hm, maybe the gifting feature came with a pack? I know it wasn't there from the start. Might have been the Seasons EP... not sure.
    Hm, maybe the gifting feature came with a pack? I know it wasn't there from the start. Might have been the Seasons EP... not sure.

I bet that's it, cause I do not own Seasons.
    Zpj9msL.png

So Lea is planning on knitting all the sweaters--one per day. A girl needs variety and a lot of clothes after all. Plus, I love watching my Sims do a variety of little things.

Knitting-Sweaters.jpg

Knitting-Sweaters-2.jpg

Knitting on the Beach is enjoyable.
    Beach-Knitting.jpg

Beach-Knitting-2.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top