Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone ready for TS5 now?

Comments

• TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I'm ready for Paralives or some other competitor to come out so that all the constant complainers can leave The Sims. Seriously, Paralives cannot come out fast enough.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I actually agree that there should be competition, because without it, the genre grows stagnant, and there is no real ambition to try and do better or different. Not in any way that truly matters at least.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    delete.
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Only way I’d be interested is if they announce it was developed by a whole new team or by a completely different studio. Maxis Sims 4 team wants to make story driven kids games and I think they should be able to do that. Give Sims to another developer, let Maxis make a spin off or something.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sorry Nindigo I can't read your reply since you ignored me ;)

I have zero people on my ignore list :o It must be the other way around.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »
    Sorry Nindigo I can't read your reply since you ignored me ;)

I have zero people on my ignore list :o It must be the other way around.

Oh my bad.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    They can't even learn from feedback of a previous expansion, game, or stuff pack in their current game, so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 makes anyone think they'll learn from feedback to an entirely new installment in the franchise!?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    They can't even learn from feedback of a previous expansion, game, or stuff pack in their current game, so 🌺🌺🌺🌺 makes anyone think they'll learn from feedback to an entirely new installment in the franchise!?

We just have to hope.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, ok they can come out with ts5 at this point, i dont mind. It is not because of this gp tho, i just dont have strong feelings against ts5 currently so i wont care if they moved to it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020. Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.

That's how I feel, since I'm more of a builder/decorator/CC Creator ... the whole graphics style of Paralives doesn't float my boat. While I don't mind the furniture and decor as much, because that can easily be changed, I'm definitely not feeling the look of the Parafolks. I'm a visual person, even when I'm creating a sim for the houses I stage rooms in to showcase my CC, I still make them attractive.

So yeah, the graphics of Paralives will be something that might deter me from buying it.

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Part of me looks forward to crack up when people become disappointed in Sims 5, realizing it wasn't the salvation they had hoped for and foolishly bet all their happisness on.

I'm very sorry, but we don't know what the future Sims 5 is going to be like, and it is naive to put it on a pedestal when nothing is known about it yet.

But I digress...

I have to agree as Sims 4 was an lesson for me, and there will be no rush to get Sims 5 if it does rear it's head and just will not be excited for it. Why would I get something that cannot scale up or scale down.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm ready for Paralives or some other competitor to come out so that all the constant complainers can leave The Sims. Seriously, Paralives cannot come out fast enough.

If the constant complainers are bothering you that much you can always take a walk to another forum thread, or site for that matter.

What are you doing here?

(ETA) Apparently you must be one of those people who think we all should just toss EA/Maxis all our money, then sit back like perfectly trained dogs waiting to see if they'll throw us any bones with some meat on it.

Unfortunately for you, and everyone else with your attitude, I purchased the sims 4 base game, and all the DLC's to date.... which simply means, I paid for my Right to have an opinion. Your mistake, was in your thinking that I actually care about how you might feel about that... when in reality.... I won't be wasting a single second of my time asking for your permission to share my experiences with a game that I paid my money for.

If you want any of us to be less vocal, then maybe you should start paying for the game for us. Until then, I have sad news for you.
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I think Sims 5 is a bad idea. Sims 3 was good and they basically gutted it and only improved on random things. The only saving grace for Sims 4 is the modding community and they don't even get paid for their hard work. Unless EA/Maxis intends to get rid of their current team and hire those from the modding community I don't see Sims 5 being any better. They will just find other ways of making the game worse and we might think things can't get worse and then they do... Just look at 2020 :/
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Honestly the thought of TS5 scares me now lmao
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.

This is essentially my stance. Many seem to agree that TS2 was the best in the series and that TS3 was a worse version. Sure, it has open world, but even computers today have a problem running it without mods. TS4 doesn't surpass TS2 in terms of gameplay. While there's definitely a chance for TS5 to be better than TS4, the track record so far, excluding TS2's advancement from TS1, implies the opposite.
    bixters wrote: »
    I think it's time for them to move away from the Sims 4. The engine is just too limited, and they are either unwilling or cannot make significant changes to the game at this point.
    But.......I don't think Sims 5 will be good either. I think it will be online, multiplayer, and I think the DLC will be even worse. I think it will be quite bad.
    I'm looking forward to Paralives and whatever Ron Humble is working on.

This is essentially my stance. Many seem to agree that TS2 was the best in the series and that TS3 was a worse version. Sure, it has open world, but even computers today have a problem running it without mods. TS4 doesn't surpass TS2 in terms of gameplay. While there's definitely a chance for TS5 to be better than TS4, the track record so far, excluding TS2's advancement from TS1, implies the opposite.

I agree and it might be the same ole, same ole unless EA/Maxis uses new ideas that actually work and bring back some creativity to the series.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited August 2020

Yes, but you know there is an downside to your wish for if enough leave, EA/Maxis loses income and bye-bye Sims series just like how the Sim City series went south. Complaining is an form of feedback that some companies do sometimes listen to. As said time and time again when it comes to Sims 4 the one thing that will stick out for me is the controversy it generates and when Sims 4 is dead it will not be missed by me as I will play gladly play other games. Oh yes, why you think Sims 3 has not been archived yet like Sims 1 and Sims 2 has been which was shortly after it production cycle was over because even with the supposely bugged game it is, it is still popular and it was game made before its time Imo. :)
    muzickmage wrote: »

If the constant complainers are bothering you that much you can always take a walk to another forum thread, or site for that matter.

What are you doing here?

(ETA) Apparently you must be one of those people who think we all should just toss EA/Maxis all our money, then sit back like perfectly trained dogs waiting to see if they'll throw us any bones with some meat on it.

Unfortunately for you, and everyone else with your attitude, I purchased the sims 4 base game, and all the DLC's to date.... which simply means, I paid for my Right to have an opinion. Your mistake, was in your thinking that I actually care about how you might feel about that... when in reality.... I won't be wasting a single second of my time asking for your permission to share my experiences with a game that I paid my money for.

If you want any of us to be less vocal, then maybe you should start paying for the game for us. Until then, I have sad news for you.

I agree :)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I mean, I'm definitely not gonna buy another version of sims after this one. Even if they come out with a sims 5, I'm gonna wait till they slash the price down to nothing before getting it. So no, can't say I'm "ready for sims 5" by any means. I'd rather they just improve the game I'm already playing than start a whole new one, and if that doesn't happen I'll probably just stop buying anything from them at all. If they don't do well with this version, I don't really see how a new version will be any better? It'll just be another excuse to get people to pay for the same old crap, and I'd rather stick with what I know than take a risk on something that I have no reason to think will be any better.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I've been ready since they announced loading screens were in Sims 4
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited August 2020
    Double post (I posted this in another thread as well)

As much as i'm ready for TS5, the idea makes me feel nervous.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA offered us a "Second-life meets World of Warcraft" type of online gameplay where we all run around a player built world collecting more fish to sell for better lightsabers.... because lets face it... you can't win fights as a vampire dressed up as a superhero unless you get that lightsaber upgrade..... which of course is locked behind a loot box. Luckily it's on sale for just $50.

Some of us may create a spellcaster and spend our time at the Mystic Moonlight Cafe chatting and dueling for more XP.... hoping soon to have that $40 dollar loot box opened so we can get that brand new wand. We'll win duels against newbies with that precious addition.

And don't forget our amazing new homes.... where in addition to the basic list of great color swatches we can get more great options in our build mode by simply buying them with gold simolean bars. Don't worry, they're cheap. 100 for just $9.99, 500 for $29.99, and 1000 for a great deal of just $49.99. With color swatches sold in packages of 3 for just 30 gold simolean bars we'll have some of the most amazing household builds since the introduction of sims 1.

Upload your new creations to the brand new gallery with one small account upgrade from basic to premium at just $14.95 per month. Or just $119.99 per year.

Upgrade to Premium now and get access to premium member chat rooms, 3 colored turtle as a pet (green, blue, and orange), 10% off loot boxes, and .... the reason we'll all signup..... those nifty sunglasses for our sims that yes.... we can even wear at night.

Happy simming everyone. TS5 is finally here. lol.
    Post edited by muzickmage on
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I am ready for Paralives does that count?

I've been looking into that game a little lately. I find the graphics are a little off putting for me though which is weird cause usually I prefer the more cartoon style graphics. It will depend on actual game play whether I will get it. I have no interest in building.

I agree. Paralives seems great when it comes to the type of gameplay options its promising. But for a game being designed in 2020 its discouraging to see the type of graphics we'd expect more from a 2010 game. There are probably a lot of people who would easily trade in the graphical eye-candy game style for some great gameplay features, but i'm not sure if that's a path i'd be taking a brand new 2020 game in. I think, overall, the poor graphics of paralives is going to be a major liability when it comes to adopting new players to the game. The game isn't even out yet and already we have to roll the dice on what we want more. Graphics, or gameplay features. It's not 2010 anymore. We shouldn't have to be making that choice. It shouldn't be either/or. Not in 2020.

Even sims 3 has better graphics than paralives. And that says something. Especially when considering that paralives is still in developement.
    I don't think it will. I mean graphics still look better than Sims 4 in a lot of ways. Graphics were inspired by Ooblets. Had an Untitled Goose Game cartoon style about it too. Cartoon doesn't always mean bad. Just a different art style but I do think it will be optimized for lower graphic laptops while the Newbury game has a more realistic look to it. Options for everyone beyond just the Sims.

I'm not seeing it. Graphics look better than sims 4 in a lot of ways? I would have to see some of your examples because obviously I must be missing something.

I agree and I'm glad to see someone else be honest about it. I'm definitely not impressed by the art, I think the parafolk look like they were designed by an amateur artist. Maybe they were, I don't know, and I'm not trying to be insulting to any of the devs but I think they made a bad choice and the character art needs to be cleaned up or changed.

The environments are better (not better than Sims 4 though, in my opinion), I've seen some nice scenes, but the people look like they were designed by an artist who didn't study anatomy at all. Not just that, but the faces even look... I don't know ...warped or something. And the bodies look disproportionate to me, especially if you change the height slider because it doesn't actually change the height, it changes the entire size of the avatar and that's going to make it look really weird in game when avatars are near each other.

It just brings down the game to look less professional and if it's truly going to be a competitor to The Sims and succeed, they need to make improvements in that area.
    Original artist of the characters got let go, so we will see how they will progress with a new artist. It's fine. Art is subjective. I mean if you want to talk about a game I really find pretty, it is Guild Wars 2 even with it being an older game.

I heard about that, with the artist. I guess there was some drama? In any case, I hope they got someone good who really makes the game shine. Paralives may not be for me, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to succeed, you know? There's plenty of room in the gaming world for more simulation.
    #Team Occult
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I really want sims 5.... but leaving sims 4 unfinished in terms of deeper gameplay, babies etc gives me doubts on what to expect from a new iteration.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    ....Just saying...with what is fixing to be released.
    I was on board with it at first, but now after much thought and listens to arguments from both sides, I am not sure how I feel and I am probably not going to purchase it.

But...you know...TS5 is looking good right now...I'm desperate for news.

Yes, I know people will say "how will TS5 be any better." yeah I hear you, but I am HOPING they take feedback from TS4 and make a better game. It can't be any worse than TS4 can it?.....Can it?

I always wait 1+ years for a game to release before buying, so I can say I don't care. I will see if fails my opinions.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2020
    Seeing the mess Sims 4 is and how the team has responded to the community I truly have no desire to see Sims 5 right now not because I'm not ready for Sims 4 to end and get a better game but I don't think they would listen to create a better game.

My hope has now turned to Paralives to give me the life simulator I deserve not one that tosses in Star Wars and dumpster woohoo while ignoring players request for cars and babies for 6 years. I need a game by creators who actually listen to the players wants and makes the game for them not telling them how to play with horrible premade story worlds and set in stone pre-decorated unchangeable worlds. Sims 4 truly is not you rule it will always be one of the stories we want you to tell as a Guru once said and Sims 5 would most likely be more of the same.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"