Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Game Changers - Do they speak for us?

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Yes
    There needs to be another voting choice in this poll. I believe some GC do it right! (see my other post)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No
    Like creating a platform for “change” is literally in the name “Game Changer.” It’s a revolutionary, an envelope-pushing enthusiast, a transformative firebrand pioneering broad changes.

They should always be at the forefront pushing for game improvements or additions. Even if they like the theme of a pack, they should continue to encourage much-needed upgrades to the game core, etc.

If you’re not “changing the game” or leading the way, or if you’re just resting on your laurels, you’re not a “Game Changer” you’re a yes-man.
    They actually admitted there is often confusion on the game changer title too since many are not able to change the game. I mean we can't even get something simple like a fez or dark purple hair and those are the easiest requests to make.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Absolutely not. This is what they do:

"Game Changers is EA’s community partnership program that fuses content creators and expert players directly into the game development process enabling early collaborative feedback for improvements. We also empower innovative storytelling by granting creators early access to gameplay capture."
    Translation: These people have influential voices so let’s bring them into the fold and turn them into corporate shills. But we’ll call them “Game Changers”.
    Yes
    @Finbar659 Deli is active on Twitter. Maybe she just blocked some. She responded to several posts by people I follow.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No
    I LOVE LGR who had the opportunity to be a Game Changer but wouldn't sell out. He's the only one I trust for The Sims reviews.

• charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    I have to say I do not think they speak for the community. I have followed Deli for years I've felt she was pretty fair for the most part, however I've been getting weird vibes from her channel lately. I haven't watched a full video since her "The Cobbs" LP. She has clearly (to me) lost her passion for the game (as evidenced by her videos) yet is calling out players who have genuine concerns (although some are going over the top) about the way the franchise is going? I do know Deli also has her own stuff going on and probably overreacted as well so I'm willing to cut her some slack, but paying customers have a right to be heard IMO. I tend to be one of those players who likes to stick to my own world, but in becoming a bit disenfranchised with The Sims 4 was looking to see if it was a "me" problem or if others were feeling the same. What is irritating is many of the YouTube game changers clearly DO NOT like the pack, yet they're still hyping it up. It is weird to see and does make me think their status with EA is coming into play here. I think we should be looking at players who spend their money on this game for a more accurate take on where this pack stands. I will say for myself it is the first pack I will not buy for Sims 4. It is the first pack I have not been able to justify on some level since the Sims 2 days. However I will take the word of people who buy this game on release day. I want to see how long it takes them to play the story line and if they feel it has replayability (as StrangerVille and Jungle Adventure do not for me). I want to know if they feel the items added are worth it and how they would utilize it throughout their game play outside of the Star Wars world.
    Yes
    @ClarionOfJoy That's not exactly all true from I what I remember. He had already broke ties with EA before the GC was a thing. Then they offered it to him after the fact and he turned it down. Then he changed his mind and applied but it was full. This is how I remember it.
    Yes
    There is a lot of stuff in this thread being present as fact but it's not. (maybe done on purpose to cause drama)
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    No
    Nope, especially not with this star wars pack. The backlash and downvotes speaks for itself.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    No
    NO!!!
    edited August 2020
    No
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy That's not exactly all true from I what I remember. He had already broke ties with EA before the GC was a thing. Then they offered it to him after the fact and he turned it down. Then he changed his mind and applied but it was full. This is how I remember it.
    There is a lot of stuff in this thread being present as fact but it's not. (maybe done on purpose to cause drama)

Really? Show me where he said he changed his mind. He NEVER did, because the game changer contract is too restrictive for him and won't allow him to post content on his channel the way he wants.

In this thread is a video LGR made about reasons for his disappointment in the first 2 years of TS4's run (which sadly is still true for the most part 6 years in). At minute 18 through 19 he mentions that EA stopped sending him codes, but the game was doing so poorly at that point that they wanted to start sending him codes again (which he thought was funny - me too, lol!). At minute 20 is when he said he didn't want to be part of their program.

LGR - The Sims 4: Two Years of Meh
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqaprLT7zic

At minute 20:

"They did actually ask me to be more involved in that. I won't go into the specifics of it, but I declined because that that would get in the way of the integrity of LGR if I were to do too much more than just reviewing these things and you know getting a code a few days early. I don't want to be involved in the development of it or behind-the-scenes things or stuff where I had to sign. They wanted me to sign like agreements, non-disclosures, contractual stuff. Like I don't want to do that! I just don't want to do that. I think that would get in the way of being honest or something so...."

• Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    No
    I can’t stand most of them. They’re not there for their opinion or a review, they are paid to promote the pack. Obnoxious, transparent and they certainly don’t speak for the community.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Netzspannung They get feedback from a select few players, yes, to get an idea of how players think. But nowhere does it state that they de facto speak for all of us.

Ok, I see where we lose each other. To me 'speak for' and 'represent' are synonymous in this context. I mean, of course I speak for myself but if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound ...?

Totally off topic, but I love that quote. I'll write it down. Thank you :)
  • VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    No
    They don’t but I’ve noticed a lot of them conforming. But nothing new once you start getting paid well I guess.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited August 2020

Really? Show me where he said he changed his mind. He NEVER did, because the game changer contract is too restrictive for him and won't allow him to post content on his channel the way he wants.

In this thread is a video LGR made about reasons for his disappointment in the first 2 years of TS4's run (which sadly is still true for the most part 6 years in). At minute 18 through 19 he mentions that EA stopped sending him codes, but the game was doing so poorly at that point that they wanted to start sending him codes again (which he thought was funny - me too, lol!). At minute 20 is when he said he didn't want to be part of their program.

At minute 20:

"They did actually ask me to be more involved in that. I won't go into the specifics of it, but I declined because that that would get in the way of the integrity of LGR if I were to do too much more than just reviewing these things and you know getting a code a few days early. I don't want to be involved in the development of it or behind-the-scenes things or stuff where I had to sign. They wanted me to sign like agreements, non-disclosures, contractual stuff. Like I don't want to do that! I just don't want to do that. I think that would get in the way of being honest or something so...."

Four years later - that video is still relevant to be honest.

6 years of Meh
    edited August 2020
    No
    Finbar659 wrote: »

At minute 20:

Four years later - that video is still relevant to be honest.

6 years of Meh

Gosh, that's so true! NOTHING changed since he posted it! I rewatched it and the expressions of disappointment on his face...it was sad...

One of the more popular comments under the video was this:

"It's hard listening to a man talk about something he loves dying."
    Clint "heart"-ed it.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    No
    I think Carl is one of the gamechangers that are different than the rest.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    No
    izecson wrote: »
    I think Carl is one of the gamechangers that are different than the rest.

I think he's nice, but I feel he's careful not to raise the ire of EA, so I don't think he is completely frank about what he thinks of each pack.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    No
    I never watch game changer videos so I don't consider them to speak for me. Then again, I am rarely the kind of person who likes what's popular. If the game changers enjoy their role and others enjoy watching their videos, fair play to them.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited August 2020
    Biggest scam of the new world: 'influencers'. They are literally called influencers to change your mind in the benefit of the company they are contracted with. They did not start from the community like most of us. There is nothing genuine about this at all. Better to use your own mind to think and decide. If you are looking for honest reviews, have a look at some great threads on the forum or regular social media comments by members who actually have more in common with you.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited August 2020
    No
    The Game Changers program as a whole was just a scam to introduce unpaid spokespeople to mark for a product that average simmers would otherwise not be interested in purchasing and masking it as; "see guys this is exactly what you all wanted -- these folks even said so and they represent the playerbase!" Other companies have done this as well, it's a way to put out a product that the company wants to put out over what the customer actually wants.
    Post edited by AedanStarfang on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No
    Only Carl speaks for me.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It is almost comical how a discussion about not blindly following the word of Game Changers evolves quickly into veneration of The One True YouTuber.
  • fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    No
    my issue with some of the game changers (such as lilsimsie) is that they proclaim they’re not getting paid for their videos they upload. first, they’re getting the pack for *free*, and secondly they are getting ad revenue from youtube when they post, because they have an advantage of being a game changer that they get to post videos about packs before any other youtube channel can! they get money (in one way or another) because of their game changer status, and maybe they should try to not be so uppity about “if you don’t like the pack, don’t buy it” when they get the packs for free!
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    They sure don't speak for me at all. Naming cow plants and the return of Bonehilda is the least of my worries or priorities in this game being fun and playable the game changers never truly fight to bring awareness to what really matters and in my opinion have been useless.

So far the game changes have fought for dark skin tones (though they completely ignored the horrible light skin tones we have) and the flat ball pit was fixed great I guess but they are just tiny visual fixes and the least of this game problems. Game changers never bring awareness to the biggest issue in the Sims game the Sims themselves complete silence on Sims having no personalities no memories traits being useless besides small buffs, until the game changers fight for something of value they will never speak for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"